Paparazzi Girl

By bianksterrr_

A girl with a camera. A boy with a talent. She's always there, journaling down his day and picking apart his... More

Paparazzi Girl
1. Flash, Camera, Smile
2. Run Away
3. Do You See Me?
4. Vanilla and Flowers
5. Touch Me
6. Nameless
7. Closer
8. First Time
9. Deny It
10. Green Eyes
11. Thanks for the Coffee
12. House. Food. Love.
13. Not Alone
14. Stay With Me
15. Blush
16. Almost
17. Lost
18. Media Circus
19. The Storm
20. Distraction
21. Date
22. The Lunatic Stunt
24. The Scene
25. Drowned
26. The End of Everything
27. Wait and See
28. Not The Girl
29. My Paparazzi Girl
Notes
Published

23. Accident

1.9K 75 5
By bianksterrr_

Insane.

Xavier was completely insane.

The wind clawed its fingers through her hair. She held onto Xavier's waist harder than she had ever before done in her life. Her fingers were practically inside his flesh.

"You're gonna get us all killed!" Stella whimpered into his chest, feeling her feet lose balance. "You're scaring me!"

"We won't die. I swear." Xavier's voice was promising, but that didn't exactly infer he would keep it. People break promises everyday.

"You promise a lot. The next thing you know, we're all lying on the floor with our own blood covering us like a blanket. I want to die of natural causes if you didn't know!"

"Everyone does. Doesn't mean it'll happen."

Stella ignored his comment, looking over his shoulder to see Alex and Logan laughing like maniacs. How did she get involved with these maniacs?

The skateboard underneath Xavier and Stella wiggled, making her grasp onto Xavier as tight as her arms could go. Jesus.

"Please promise me you won't let go." Her voice was in the element of begging. Even though the end of her nerves were pulsing like a beating drum going wild, an amazing feeling she would love to feel more often, fear was also apart of the feel. If anything went wrong, they could really get hurt. Just one mistake.

"I won't. Trust me." They did a quick curve, making her balance lopsided. Okay, now she was sure she was going to die.

Her breathing was beyond regular. This was more than a Lunatic Stunt. It was stupid, and crazy, and insane, and bothersome to the people driving the opposite direction.

"How did you even come up with this idea?" She asked Xavier, her eyes getting dry as the wind blew into them.

"We were very mischievous a while ago. We always came up with things that could entertain us."

"And you just thought of this out of the blue?"

"Actually, I was skateboarding once and somehow it ended up in the street, and I had to go get it. So the whole thing just developed."

She shook her head. "You guys are insane," she informed him for the thousandth time. She just wanted to sure he was aware.

"Thank you," he said, laughing.

She smiled, still holding on as a few cars honked at their skateboarding going in the other direction. Or more like many. She didn't really expect many of the drivers to enjoy having that kind of problem.

"But wait, don't they call the police?"

"They did once. But we ran off."

Hating herself more everyday for recording everything, she hesitated to speak. "Oh, so Xavier Harrington has once had conflict with the police? I never knew that."

He bent down, whispering into her ear, but loud enough so she could hear him over the honks and loud noise around them. "There's a lot you don't know about me."

"And there's a lot you don't know about me." Their eyes were attached, and she couldn't hold onto the moment any tighter. His eyes were soft, delicate. Maybe he leaned in an inch, maybe he didn't, but that didn't stop her from growing hotter inside and out.

"I wish I did." As much as she wanted the moment to last, fate came between them, like every other chance.

Xavier looked forward for a split second, before she felt something slam into her. Roughly.

The impact felt like a nine ton car had tackled her, but with a twist. She went upward before landing on the ground. Her body ached, her leg was burning with a scrape that scratched off her skin. Looking down, she could see how her skin had scraped off and how her skin was turning red, almost to the point of bleeding. A groan left Stella's lips. One minute was all it took for everything to change.

Okay, now that hurt. A lot.

She could hear her name, even from the honks of the cars who were irritated with the unsupportable traffic. She knew it was Xavier. The way her name tasted inside his lips was desperate and frantic.

Rest felt so good right now. She felt her head throbbing.

"Stella? Stella! Stella, are you okay?" Xavier asked through her blurry vision. His face was wrinkled with worriment. "Oh my God, Stella, I'm so sorry. I'm so so so sorry-"

She nodded, not finding the breath to speak. He made everything seem okay. Everything was okay.

"I think she's hurt." Logan voice wasn't anywhere near the state of calm.

"No kidding, you dumbass," Alex said, obviously noticing her pain, thumping him in the back of the head. "Isn't that obvious?"

"How are you feeling?" Xavier's smooth voice brought succor, as he pulled her up, gingerly smooching her forehead. "Stella, please be okay."

"Okay. I feel okay." Her voice was hoarse and breathless, finding strength to open her eyes, "just not the best."

Fuck, her leg hurt.

"Yeah, I can definitely tell. Can you stand up? God, that car hit you pretty hard. I should take you to the hospital. God, I'm so stupid."

"Xavier, calm down. It's okay. I'm not that bad, just a scrape and some sore spots. It happened so fast. I can try to stand." He assisted her, doing most of the work as he grabbed her legs, holding them underneath her. She tried to stand and find her ground.

I'm going to cry.

Xavier rolled up her grey jeans as high as possible, taking in a sharp breath as he looked at the injury. "That doesn't look too good."

She looked down herself. The bruise was huge, and more painful to look at than experience. It was a huge purple blotch now, blood raining down since her skin wasn't there to cover up the bruise. "It doesn't feel as bad as it looks."

"I sure hope so." His eyes met hers while he kneeled down while she stood. "Come on, I'll take you to the nearest hospital-"

"I'll be fine. I don't think I need to go."

"What, you just got hit by a car, Stella, come on-"

"Xavier, I said I'm fine... Do you have something I could wrap my leg in? Maybe stop it from moving around so much? And mostly to stop it from bleeding."

Alex took out a white bandanna from his front pocket, handing it over to her. She took it from him and wrapped it around her leg, hoping the bleeding would stop. She gritted her teeth as she tightened it.

"Let's start heading home," Xavier said, grabbing her hand.

After they had walked around half the city, since all the taxi's they had hollered at were occupied, they dropped off Alex and Logan, and Stella and Xavier made their way to her hotel in silence, his arm around her, helping her.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Stella asked him, concerned about her body weight constantly on him.

"Yeah, don't worry. Your weightless." He laughed, walking just another block before they were in front of her hotel.

She hopped off his foot, awkwardly standing there, before giving him a hug. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow." She wanted to go make a doctor's appointment as soon as he was gone.

She turned around and was about to walk away before he grabbed her wrist, stopping her. If she had a dime for every time he made her heart speed like that...

"Yeah?"

"I was just wondering, since it was clearly my fault this happened to you," his face read of guilt, "if I could buy you an ice cream or something."

"So you almost break my leg, and your way of payment is an ice cream?"

His face dropped the smile he held, breathing in hollow, "Sorry. You're right-"

"I was kidding," she said, shoving him on the shoulder. "I'd love to get an ice cream with you but how about tomorrow if you're not too busy?"

"That sounds like a deal to me," he said, holding out his hand.

She smiled and nodded, "Deal."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 8.5K 50
"That was weird, but I can't stop my heart beating ten times faster than it should be. Laying down on the bed I face away from the bathroom door not...
78.3K 1.1K 15
You and Timothée Chalamet are highly esteemed actors. You met on set in your new romance film "In The Public Eye" and have been best friends ever sin...
4.9M 218K 80
❝Hollywood is scary. She is scarier.❞ • • • The night before their marriage, Emily Pinault catches her fiancé in the act of cheating. Completely deva...
3.7M 118K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...