Rodney Copperbottom x Reader...

By MaskedDragon533

DISCONTINUED. When Rodney arrives at Aunt Fanny's, he sees something most peculiar. He is astonished to see a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
!! IMPORTANT A/N !!
Here's how it was going to end

Chapter 15

7.3K 146 110
By MaskedDragon533

1/21/19

"I'm telling ya, this is the stuff!" Fender exclaimed as he poured some of Aunt Fanny's piping hot grease onto his rusty body. The bunch of you were all sitting on the sidewalk outside the boarding house, enjoying the fresh air.

"So how's everything been recently?" You asked, pulling out a small bag of fruit snacks from your back pocket. The doctor had advised that you constantly carry food with you, and fruit snacks just seemed most efficient.

"So much better." Crank smiled.

"I can see that. You aren't as cranky anymore." You smirked, shooting him a sideways glance.

"Okay, she can go back home now."

Everyone chuckled at the interaction between the two of you. "You know you missed her." Piper smiled.

"Anyways, to answer your question," Cappy began, "nobody ever realized just how much things had changed. The Sweepers are gone, stores are flooding with spare parts, and the city actually seems to be very lively and functional."

"What about Ratchet?" You asked.

"Probably still in chains at the Chop Shop." Fender answered. "And good riddance, too!"

"Preach." You smiled. You tossed a fruit snack into the air and caught it in your mouth. "Aw yeah! Score!" You cheered as you swallowed it.

"That's the best you got?" Fender cocked a brow with a smirk.

"That a challenge?" You sneered.

"Diesel, get the bolts!" You and Fender rose from the sidewalk and walked into the empty streets. Diesel came rushing back outside with a small box of bolts. Piper came up to you as you handed her three bags of fruit snacks.

"Ready?" Lugnut called out. Diesel and Piper stood across from you and Fender, anxiously awaiting the chance to throw. You and Fender sent challenging side glares. "Go!"

Diesel threw a bolt high into the air, and Fender caught it with ease. The same went for you as Piper threw a fruit snack. This continued for a small while until Diesel and Piper began throwing multiple bolts and snacks at once.

Everything started getting a little crazy, and it didn't take long for you and Fender to literally run into each other. The two of you fell backwards onto the ground, landing on your backs. You groaned, and with perfect timing. A fruit snack came crashing into your forehead, bouncing off right into your slightly open mouth.

"Yes!" Piper cheered, throwing a triumphant fist into the air. "(Y/N) won!"

You sat up and got off the ground, dusting yourself off as Fender rose to his feet also. "Eat it, Fender!" You spat with a smirk. "That the best you got?"

"Oh, shut up and eat your fruit snacks." He laughed, but held his hand out nonetheless. You both shared a fair handshake, formally ending the challenge.

"I'd expect that behavior from Fender, but from you?" Rodney asked with amusement as you walked back over to him.

"Hey, don't underestimate me!" You smiled. Rodney rolled his eyes and gently grasped your hand.

Piper gasped with a squeal. "Oh my god, girl! I totally forgot!" She ran closer to you and hurriedly asked, "Girl talk! So are you two a thing now!?"

A blush rose to your cheeks. "W-What? Girl talk is supposed to be private!" You said, avoiding the question.

"Are you serious?" Piper scowled. She then looked at Rodney. "Have you even asked her out yet!?"

Rodney raised his hands in defense. "Um...." He was clearly awkward about the situation. "No?"

Piper froze for a second and deadpanned. "You've got to be kidding me. This is the perfect time to celebrate! I'm setting you two up for a date!"

"P-Piper! No!" Your blush darkened. "It's fine! R-Really!"

"I mean...." Rodney mumbled. "I'm up for it."

You turned your head to look at him so fast that your neck could've snapped. "Wait, you really....want to?" You asked quietly.

Rodney sent you a soft, comforting smile as he slowly nodded. Gently taking both of your hands into his, he leaned down slightly as he asked, "(Y/N), would you like to go on a date with me?"

You smiled, replying, "Yes, but only if you plan everything. Don't let Piper take control."

"Hey!" She shouted in slight offense, but you knew it was all good when you saw her smirk.

Rodney chuckled. "All right. I promise."

He then gave you a quick kiss on your forehead, to which Piper squealed, "My OTP!"

"She seems kinda out of character." Rodney mumbled to you.

"I mean, she's fangirling. What would you expect?" You giggled, knowing you could very well be just like that at times. You just might not show it as much, or as openly.

~~~~~~~~

After taking about two hours to yourselves, Rodney and the gang took you back to word at Bigweld Industries. Although mostly staying with Rodney, you occasionally went off to help and check on your friends. Really, you were just interested to see what they were doing.

As you wandered repeatedly throughout the building, you counted to receive many looks of shock and awe from some of the robot workers. "Excuse me!" One called. You turned to face him with a smile when he asked, "Are you really human?"

"Yes, I am!" You replied.

"Wow! A real human up close!" He breathed in shock. "That's something you'd never expect to see!"

You laughed. "Well in the human world, robots like you are something we'd never expect to see! So the feeling's mutual."

"Thanks for your time, (Y/N)!" He nodded with a wave. You waved back and continued on with your day.

You were no longer fazed by being a human in this robotic world. Rodney and the others told you how Bigweld had officially announced your existence as a human only days after you left to go back home. They said Bigweld had made it his top priority, but you figured Rodney had been behind most of it.

You then heard a familiar chitter, looking towards the elevators to see Wonderbot zip out of one. He dashed for you and hovered about your head, smiling brightly. "I knew I was forgetting someone!" You smiled, realizing that you hadn't seen Wonderbot at all since you had been back. "How are you, boy?"

You held out your cupped hands as he gently floated into your palms. His propeller made of various spoons slowly stopped spinning as he retracted them, closing the lid of his cup body. He finally rested in your hands. He waved at you with one of his wire arms.

"Ready to go see Rodney?" You asked, to which he answered with an enthusiastic chitter.

You took him to a room on one of the middle floors, which was Rodney's designated workspace. It was where he did all of his tinkering and planning. The conference room was simply where he discussed ideas with the workers and, to a greater extent, Bigweld when he wasn't in his own separate workshop.

"There you are!" Rodney exclaimed as he looked up from the desk, seeing Wonderbot in your hands. Wonderbot flew over to him and smiled. "Here, please run these papers to Cappy." Wonderbot squealed as he took the papers and flew off.

"He's adorable." You smiled, now turning to Rodney.

"You think so?" Rodney chuckled.

"Of course. Wonderbot is just precious."

"He's something else, all right." Rodney smiled, watching as you came closer and stood at his side. When you were close enough, he wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you against his side.

"So, have you thought about the date?"

"I'm trying. I just don't know what you'd want to do." He replied.

"This relationship is going to be hard, isn't it?" You frowned.

"Difficult, yes. But not impossible." Rodney smiled at you, making butterflies flutter in your stomach when you saw the passionate fire burning in his eyes. "I'm determined to make this work."

You then gasped. "I have an idea!"

"Hey, I thought I was planning this!" Rodney chuckled at your outburst, even though it slightly startled him.

"Shut up." You smiled. "How about we go to Rivet Town? We can go out and stargaze in a field! That's something we can't do here because of the pollution and lack of any vegetation...."

Rodney's eyes lightened. "That actually sounds like a really good idea! But....would you be willing to meet my parents?"

You hesitated for a moment. "Um....yeah? Better now than later!"

Rodney smiled and pulled you into a kiss, which you excitedly returned. You placed your hands on his shoulders as he pressed one hand to the back of your head and wrapped the other around your waist.

When the kiss broke, he rested his forehead against yours. "I can't tell you how long I've waited for this."

"I can't tell you how long I've waited for all of it." You giggled.

You shivered, feeling his warm breath against your skin as he leaned closer and whispered, "I love you, (Y/N)."

"I know." You smiled, kissing his cheek. "I love you just as much."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 1.2K 10
You and your friends have a normal life, that is until Sam comes home with a yellow Camaro. When you go out with your mom after being gone for 5 year...
22.7K 430 58
Selena Chavez, Young, clever, gourgoues, and sexy as fuck. Part of the schools dance team. She lives in Jasper Nevada, and is of course one of those...
193K 5.8K 54
Y/N a child prodigy in robotics engineering. When the female completes her studies overseas, she decides to go back to her home city to find out what...
702 2 16
A certain AU that has come back to haunt me years later. In this universe, the characters are all humans, but they are called robots because of their...