The Bet (The Badboy's Claim S...

By brendathatwriter

currently being edited! [the first story in the badboy's claim series] It was my turn to smirk. "I wanna make... More

THE BET
ONE ✓
TWO ✓
THREE ✓
FOUR ✓
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY-ONE
SEVENTY-TWO
SEVENTY-THREE
SEVENTY-FOUR
SEVENTY-FIVE
SEVENTY-SIX
SEVENTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE
WE MEET AGAIN

FIFTY-EIGHT

6.5K 155 67
By brendathatwriter

JAXON

"What did you just say?"

Audrey took a deep breath. "She was covering it up with your jacket after you gave it to her but, Abella saw her back and told me. We both thought you saw already but, didn't speak on it."

"No. I didn't..." My hands balled into fists. He put his hands on her. That son of a bitch fucking put his hands on her. My blood was boiling and I couldn't control my feet from starting to pace back and forth. I'm going to kill him. 

Tyler watched me with weary in his eyes. "Jaxon... get a hold yourself."

"I'm going to kill him."

"I know you're pissed but, you can't just run into Kimora's house and kill Adam."

"I will-"

"And then what?!" He glared at me. "You promised you wouldn't do this shit anymore once you got out of Axel's hands. Didn't you?"

I glared at the floor, knowing he was right. I did promise to him. We both promised each other. Besides, I told Kimora I didn't want to kill any more people and yet, if I kill that bastard, I don't know what will happen. I could get caught. Kimora probably would see me as a heartless monster instead of being cured of her misery.

"Wait... Axel." I quickly grabbed my jacket and I was about to leave but, Tyler grabbed my shoulder. "Where are you-"

"I'll be back. Stay here and watch Kimora for me." I ran out of the door as he called after me.

***

"What are you doing here?" One of the guards asked as the two of them that were posted by the door aimed at me. I only glared at the both of them. "I need to speak to Axel."

"He's done with you. Go away before I put this bullet through your head." Kevin snarled.

"Do it then," I smirked and Kevin's eyes widen in surprise from my reply. He clenched his jaw and his hand started to shake slightly. I knew he wasn't going to pull the trigger. He couldn't. As much as he wanted to kill me, Axel had ordered no one to do so. Guess being his old best friend has its perks.

The door swung open to the apartment that Caleb and I had invaded once and Axel stood there, amusement in his eyes. "Oh. Jaxon. I never thought I'd see you agai-"

I punched him in his face, grabbing him by his shirt before he could stumble back. "You both planned for Adam to come back into her life. Then you had Adam abuse her. Adam is a pawn in your game isn't he?!"

He smirked, wiping the blood from his lip. "Abuse? I wouldn't say abused."

"What are you talking about?"

"Adam wanted to have Kimora... his way. Not my ideal way and such an unmanly thing to do."

I was lost by his words for a good minute until they settled in my head for me to understand.

"Son of a bitch..."

***

KIMORA

"Say 'ahh'." Audrey held out a spoon for me. Tyler raised an eyebrow. "Um. Audrey... I don't think that she wants to be treated like a baby."

"I know she hasn't been eating and she needs to." She sighed, placing the plate aside and grabbing my hands. "Come on Kimora. Talk to me."

"I don't want to talk to anyone." I slipped my hands from hers. Hurt flashed in her eyes. It hurt me to see her like that but, none of them understood. I don't even think I could be able to talk about what happened. I'd feel his touch all over me again and I desperately don't want to go through that ever again.

"You two can leave... I don't want to be a burden for you two to not spend time with each other." I crawled back under the blankets, putting the cover over my head as it was a shield.

"Kimora," Tyler started. "Everyone is worried about you. Whatever it is, you can tell us. Any of us. We just want to help."

I hastily wiped away a tear. "Can you guys just leave please?"

There was a long drag in the air but, I still knew they were there. I felt their eyes on me as they quietly debated one what to do with unsaid words. I could see Audrey not wanting to leave and Tyler trying to convince her that they should leave me alone for a little while and come back.

Finally, I feel a hand on my arm. "We're coming back first thing the morning whether you like it or not... I'll... just give you time to yourself."

I nod even though she can't see me. Their footsteps leave the room and after I hear the front door shut, I rush out into the living room and grab basically anything that I could have to fend for myself. It's a habit I developed when I was alone now. I'm not taking second guesses with my intuition this time.

I know he's going to come again.

I just know it.

I settle on grabbing the other lamp from the end table and listening and watching the door. I know Jaxon was pissed from me breaking the last one but, I doubt a knife or a pan would do damage to that monster. At the end of the day, I'm a girl and he's a guy. He has muscle over me and I can try to put a fight but, that didn't end up well last time.

I feel alert as if I had five coffee but, I still feel like shit. He made me feel like this. It's all because of him. It's all because of him that I'm slowly falling apart with my friends and family. Even Jaxon...

I clenched the lamp tighter and glare at the door. It's all because of that monster...

I felt something tickle my leg and I gaze down to look to a whining Alex. He's worried about me... I give him a small smile, petting him as his tail starts going into a frenzy. I want to comfort him and tell him I'm okay but, this dog is smart enough to know I'm not and wants to comfort me instead.

I get up from my post and decide to feed Alex so I could distract him but, he doesn't even glance at the food. He's still looking at me with those puppy eyes. For a moment, I think of Jaxon and how he's been looking at me for the past several days with those eyes.

I sigh, sitting on the couch to look him in eye as if he was actually a person. "What Alex?"

He jumps onto my lap and lays there with all his weight on me. I smile... or at least I hope it looks like I'm smiling and run my fingers through his fur again. I'm very glad Jaxon brought Alex here. I'd probably be at the door trying to throw the other lamp at Jaxon's head.

My eyes start to close and I'm hesitant to do it but, I allow myself to drift off into a dreamless sleep.

The front door opened causing me to jump up from the couch. My heart was racing and I saw that monster's face again. I nearly trip over Alex as I try to quickly reach to grab the other lamp but, seeing Jaxon stops me and I let out a sigh in relief.

Thank goodness.

Yet, it's short-lived when I see Jaxon is looking at me sternly. He didn't bother taking off his jacket or tossing his keys down like he always does. He looks like he's ready to leave again. Those brown eyes filled unreadable, trying to hide to whatever was in his head. I struggle to try to read him because of my drowsiness.

"What?" I asked.

He holds his hand out and I glance at it for a minute before hesitantly taking his hand. Then it all happened so fast. He twisted me around so my back was facing him and I felt his cold hand touching the cuts on my back. It stung as much as fear of him actually finding out what that monster had done.

I squeeze my eyes shut as I feel his hand lightly trace them delicately but, it still hurts even though it's been a while since that disaster happened. I could feel myself being dragged on the ground towards that house and I quickly open my eyes, not wanting to see that image anymore.

Jaxon doesn't even peep a word as he pulls my shirt down and turns me to look at him. His brown eyes not breaking away from mine for a second. "Tell me... what did he do to you and don't lie to me because I will know." His voice was shaky.

I'm scared. I'm so scared to tell him but, the look in his eyes... I know he knows.

My throat suddenly goes dry and my heart is going a mile a minute again. I couldn't run away from the question anymore. There was no turning back.

"He... he..." I started crying but, I fight through my sobs. What was I thinking? Jaxon can handle that monster... yet, I don't know what he's fully capable of. Jaxon has told me before that he's killed people before... will he kill that sick bastard when I tell him everything?

He deserves to burn in hell. The voice in my head says and I actually agree with it. I could care less. He did the unthinkable and to think I actually cared about him.

I take a deep inhale, took Jaxon's hand and exhaled.

Then I told him. Everything. Well, as much as I could. I tried getting into detail about after he had gotten me into that bedroom but, I felt nauseous. I felt his hands again but, Jaxon wrapped his arms around me as if he was pulling me away from it. I didn't hold back any tears and cried in his chest.

I knew he already knew before I told him. I don't know how he found out but, I don't care. As long as he knows and he can take care of that monster. Yet, the younger me inside suddenly is saying that I shouldn't let Jaxon hurt my best friend... maybe I shouldn't. Maybe Adam is still in there. The Adam I knew at least.

After a while, I stopped from crying but, Jaxon didn't stop from clinging onto me. He held me so tight in his arms as we sat on the couch. I needed this. I needed him.

"I'm so sorry..." He muttered into my shoulder, kissing it softly. "I wasn't there to save you from that. I shouldn't have left you alone with him. I should've gone with my gut and kept him away from you at all time. It's all my fault."

"No, it's not." I pull away and I could see Jaxon was crying too. It shattered my heart and I caressed his cheek, wiping the tear away from his eye. "Everyone warned me about his two-faced personality and I didn't listen. People change over time and I still believe that he was still the same person when we were kids."

"Don't worry... you aren't the only person who believes a person wouldn't change over time." He said, his voice distant and I knew he was talking about Axel. I hugged him this time and he gladly accepted it.

***

Several days later...

"A... Christmas party?"

My Mom nods, showing a gentle smile. "Yes, it'll help lighten your spirits a bit more since you've been trapped in here." She gestured to Jaxon's apartment. "I just want you back home..."

"I will and I'll... come to the Christmas party."

My Mom suddenly beamed and she pulled me into a rib breaking hug. "Yay and then the day after is my baby's birthday! Are you excited?"

Oh right. I forgot about my birthday...

I shrugged. "I'd rather stay a kid."

She laughed. "Don't we all?"

My Dad came from out of the kitchen, eating nachos. I raised an eyebrow. "I made those for Jaxon."

"He won't notice it's gone." He wiped the crumbs off of his shirt. "Food tastes better when it's not yours. Especially from those you hate." My Mom shook her head in disapproval. "Marcus quit lying. We all know you like Jaxon."

He choked on a crumb.

"I don't."

"You sound like Kimora when she first "hated" Jaxon." My Mom said, putting her fingers in quotation marks when she said 'hated'. I crossed my arms defensively. "I did hate him."

"There's a thin line between love and hate." My Mom said in a 'matter-of-fact' tone. I discretely rolled my eyes. There was no love for that monster anymore. "No, there isn't."

Jaxon and Matthew entered the living room, laughing at some joke Matthew made. My Mom didn't hesitate to tell him about the Christmas party tomorrow night.

"Quick question," Jaxon started keeping a gentle smile on his face. "Will Adam be there?"

I gripped my jeans, shooting Jaxon a warning look. He simply ignored it. There was no telling what was going on in that head of his but, I knew that the outcome wouldn't be something I'd be happy about it.

"Yeah. Why not?"

"Because I want to-"

I jumped up from my seat. "Look at the time! Mom, Dad, Matthew. It was a pleasure seeing you but... uh... I have to go to bed now." I pushed them towards the door and my Dad quickly stopped me. "Hold on. You're coming home next week."

"Sure thing," I said not looking forward to that one bit. "Love you guys. Byeee."

I closed the door before they could say anything else and let out a sigh of relief. 'Was that really necessary?" Jaxon asked. I shot him a glare, crossing my arms. "Yes. It was because you have a big mouth."

He raised an eyebrow. Probably surprised that I was taking back to him now with an attitude. Yet, I saw amusement swirling in his eyes. "I was just going to express my hatred towards him."

"Then they'll start asking questions and I'm not ready to tell them yet."

"Why not? Once you tell him, they'll have him out of your house and you can go back home even though I love you being here but, I know you miss being there."

"It's harder than you think." I rubbed my arm, gazing at the floor. "You already knew so there was no point in keep hiding but... I'm so afraid he'll hurt someone... I don't want anyone to get hurt because of him. He said he'd kill you if I said anything..."

Jaxon lifted my chin so I'd look at him. "Kitten, the only one who is getting hurt is Adam."

I frowned. "Don't do anything to him tomorrow."

His hand fell from my face. "What? Why not?"

"Because my Mom likes throwing her parties. I don't want to ruin that with you murdering him."

"Murder? Me? Impossible." He waved his hand dismissively. I snorted. "Says the former gang member."

"Touche."

"Promise me you won't do anything." He looked at everything else but, me. He can seriously be so stubborn. I grabbed his face, making him look at me. "Promise me."

"What if he says something I don't like, do I have permission to punch him in the face?"

"No."

He pouted. "But-"

"Jaxon," I said sternly. He noted my seriousness and finally side. "Fine... I promise."

***

I woke up to soft kisses on my head.

"Rise in shine, Kitten."

Slowly opening my eyes, I was met with Jaxon's charming smile that was as bright as the sun. He seemed full of energy for so six in the morning.

Wait a minute.

"Jaxon, why the hell are you waking me up at this time?" I groaned.

"That is Mr. Jaxon to you." I sat up on the bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and taking another look at him. He was actually dressed in a white shirt and white shirt and he had a piece of paper taped to his chest with 'Mr. Jaxon' written in Sharpie. I bit my lip from laughing. "Okay. Mr. Jaxon. Obviously, you have something up your sleeve and it better be good."

"Oh, it'll be wonderful." Jaxon lifted me up bridal style. "I shall be pampering you all day until the party tonight."

"Jaxon..."

"Mr. Jaxon."

I rolled my eyes. "You don't have to do that."

"I already have your reservation ready so it's too late." He carried me to the bathroom and I was surprised by the white roses that decorated it and some floated in the bath water. I blushed as he settled me down on my feet. "You're way too sweet."

"Only for you."

I looked at him for a good minute before it dawned him and he raised an eyebrow. "You want me to leave?"

"Yeah..." I played with the hem of my shirt. "I... I'm just a bit nervous about you seeing me naked." He was confused by what I said but, he realized why I said what I said that. Adam.

I can't lie that I thought what if Jaxon only wanted me because I was a virgin and didn't sleep with anyone else except him. I knew it was wrong to even doubt him but, I couldn't help myself. The nightmares had gotten to my head.

Jaxon dropped the "Mr. Jaxon" act and gave me a smile that made butterflies flutter in my stomach. Goodness, I thought I would get used to that feeling by now but, nope. "I still love you, you know. I will always love you no matter what. I promised that I wouldn't leave you, didn't I?"

"You make it sound like a burden."

"No. It's because I love you that I promised." He kissing me softly before pressing his forehead against mine. "I'll wait for you until your done. Just call me."

He headed for the door but, I grabbed his wrist. "Actually... I want you to take a bath with me."

"This is your day. Not mine."

"If it's my day, I want you to get in with me."

He paused, struggling to come up with a reply. It was the rare moments when I caught him lost of words. I turned away from him, stripping from my clothes and I was about to get into the water but, jerked back, a yelp escaping my lips. "El agua está demasiado caliente! (The water is too hot!) Jaxon you know I hate when you do that!"

He laughed. "Whoops."

I turned around, keeping my glare on his face seeing he wasn't dressed either. Wow. Guess he put away his pride and actually listened to me. "Make it warm or I'm kicking you out."

"Alright. Alright. As you wish."

Once he added some cold water, we both got in and I only relaxed meanwhile Jaxon decided to massage my feet. I had to admit, I was definitely enjoying this. I don't know why he even planned this day for me anyway.

Jaxon's hands started to get a little higher up my leg and I peeked an eye open at him. "What are you doing?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Mr. Jaxon, aren't you supposed to worry about restraint?"

He sighed, moving his hands back down to my feet. "I'm so thinking about quitting this job."

I snorted. "No way. I am enjoying this way too much. You should wash my hair too."

"Anything for you my Queen."

After we got out of the bathroom, Jaxon made breakfast for me then took me out to look for a dress and as well as get him something to wear but, he ended up going overboard. The embarrassing part was that Jaxon didn't let me walk anywhere, he just carried me which earned us weird stares but, we didn't pay too much attention to anyone else. We returned back to the apartment and he continued his pampering with painting my nails and straightening my hair. While he got ready, I had done my own makeup because he had no idea what to do. The moment he tried to put eyeliner on my lips, I shooed him away. There was no way I was going to let him do my makeup. Ever.

"How do I look?" Jaxon asked, gesturing to his white button-up shirt with his red tie and black suit pants. Such a casual outfit but, he pulled it off so well.

Hot. "Meh." I shrugged, hoping my face hid my true response.

He sniffled. "I'm hurt."

I giggled, walking over to him and fixing his tie since it was loose. "You're caliente."

He smirked. "Hot. I heard you say that about the water earlier."

"Yay, you're learning!" I teased. He rolled his eyes and I busied myself with putting on my dress. A red sheath dress that stopped below my knees. I paired a white belt and made sure I wore the necklace Jaxon gave me. I didn't even notice Jaxon had been staring at me with his mouth agape.

"What?"

"Why is everything so beautiful with you?"

I hide my face from him with my hair, knowing I was blushing. "Why are you such a flirt?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said before coming over and kneeling down in front of me. He gazed at the red flats. "Cinderella, oh, Cinderella. Let down your foot."

"That's Rapunzel."

He frowned before clearing his throat. "Right. Whatever. I'm putting the shoes on your feet."

"Why exactly did do all of this for me?" I asked.

"It's been some time since I had a chance to spoil you..." He says as he stood up. "And I plan to spoil you for your birthday tomorrow too."

I shook my head. "No. I'd rather just have a regular day besides, no one is here, they all left to go celebrate Christmas with their families. It's really just Kamila, you, and me who are here."

"Yeah but, I want to treat you as special as you did with me on mine. Seriously, I was surprised by how much you had planned."

"Are you referring to the beginning or the end of the night?" I mused. 

"All of it."

My phone started ringing and I answered it. "Hello?"

"Where are you two?" My Mom shrieked. "You both were supposed to be here about an hour ago."

Shit.

We lost track of time with Jaxon's 'Mr. Jaxon' act going on for so long. Jaxon must've heard my Mom because he was already grabbing his car keys. "Sorry, Mom. We're on our way now."

"Good. See you when you get here. Je'taime!"

"Je'taime aussi." I ended the call. I wasn't really looking forward to this Christmas party. It was time to face that monster. Sure I was okay now but, that didn't mean I was ready to see Adam again. He still haunted my dreams every now and then and still weren't merciful at all. I'd honestly rather take another bullet from Maddy than see him.

"You alright?" Jaxon's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I gave him a small smile. "Yeah... let's go."

The ride to my house was dreadful. I couldn't stop thinking about what would happen when we got there. Mainly what would happen when Adam saw me? He probably would know that I told Jaxon everything and murder him in cold blood right when he got the chance. I wanted Jaxon to turn the car around and have us just stay in his apartment again but, sadly, the car pulled into the driveway.

Here goes nothing.

***

a/n: wonder what's going to happen. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
427K 13.7K 69
"Never, under any circumstances, tell anyone the truth." That was the number one rule. After changing their identities and starting new lives, Lydia...
1.5M 34.8K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...
185 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...