Cupcake Kisses

By pialikesfood

They were never supposed to fall in love. In fact, they were probably never even supposed to meet. But life d... More

Chapter 1: The Great Cake Robbery
Chapter 2: You're That Girl Who Peed Her Pants!
Chapter 3: Loud Lesbian Porn
Chapter 4: But I Always Wear a Condom?
Chapter 6: My Baby is Floating Away
Chapter 7: Ella's Senior Year Bucket List
Chapter 8: Get in Loser We're Going Shopping
Chapter 9: The Two Ugly Stepsisters
Chapter 10: Naked Mole-Rat
Chapter 11: I Am a Gryffindor
Chapter 12: Put Down The Meat Cleaver
Chapter 13: Secret Mission From The Russian Mafia
Chapter 14: Give Me Back My Mickey Mouse Panties
Chapter 15: Luke's Big Bash
Chapter 16: Do I Have To Snort Marijuana?
Chapter 17: The Girl With The Green Hair
Chapter 18: Luke It's Like 3a.m.
Chapter 19: I Could Pass For A Hobo
Chapter 20: A Long Night
Chapter 21: Houston We May Have a Problem
Chapter 22: Sweaty Luke or Shirtless Luke
Chapter 23: You're Going to Need a Good Exorcist

Chapter 5: I'd Rather be Knocked Out by a Frying Pan

622K 17.9K 13.9K
By pialikesfood

Chapter 5: I'd Rather be Knocked Out by a Frying Pan

When I finally stumbled down the stairs on Monday morning I was ready to pass out right there and then on the kitchen table. But of course, as luck would have it, there was one thing stopping me. A small plastic monster named Cactus. No wait, I'm not talking about the plant. I'm talking about the baby.

After almost two hours of arguing, I had finally given in and let Luke name the baby after what he claimed was his 'favorite plant.' His exact words were 'if Kim Kardashian can name her baby after a direction then I can name my baby after my favorite plant.' If that boy ever somehow manages to find someone to have kids with then I really hope they can stand their ground better than me. Although, to be fair, he said if we didn't name the baby Cactus then he wouldn't drive me home. You can see why I gave in very quickly.

"You look like hell," Sam announced, as I walked over to the fridge. I watched in disgust as he put his mouth directly on the orange juice carton and took a swig.

"I am so glad I don't like orange juice," I said, pulling a face and grabbing an apple instead.

"Honey, you're not sick are you?" My mom asked when I took my seat at the kitchen table.

"No, mom. I'm fine," I mumbled, but nonetheless she placed a hand on my forehead and stared at me, her eyes wide in concern.

"Was it the baby?" She asked, gesturing to Cactus, who was sitting on my lap.

I nodded and she immediately smiled in understanding.

I'd been stuck with the plastic doll all weekend and I was totally ready to shove that thing into Luke's arms and run away as far and as fast as possible. Since I worked at the bakery most days after school Luke had agreed to take the baby on weekdays. However, since we didn't have to take care of the baby during school hours, Luke got to spend barely any time it.

Unluckily for me, it seemed that Cactus adored Luke and despised me. I know, I know, it's a plastic doll. It probably can't even tell who's who, but no matter what I did the little monster would never stop crying around me.

"Ella, how about I drop you to school today?" My dad offered, putting down his newspaper.

"Could you? Thanks dad!" I exclaimed, almost crying in relief.

After spending Friday evening at Luke's house (or should I say mansion) I had completely forgotten about Penny, my bike, which had been left at school. Without my bike I would've had to walk to school and I definitely wasn't in the mood for that.

Once I'd shouted a quick goodbye to my mom and grabbed all my stuff, I rushed into my dad's car. I was already running late and I really didn't want my permanently cranky Math teacher yelling at me so early in the morning.

"So Ella," my dad began and I instantly stiffened.

He was using that all too familiar tone.

He wanted to talk about one of my least favorite subjects, the future.

"Yes Dad?" I asked, forcing a smile.

"Now, I know you've applied to a few different colleges and you've got a few different ideas in mind of what you want to do in the future, but I mean as your father I feel like it's my job to guide you in what I believe is the right direction."

I nodded, keeping the same forced smile on my face.

"You have so much potential and I think, if you put your mind to it, you could really do something a little more than just baking cakes for the rest of your life," he pulled a face at the 'baking cakes' part and I tried hard not to jump out of the car there and then.

"What about medicine?" He continued, as we got closer to my school. "Or law? You know, I always wanted to be a lawyer."

"Thanks Dad," I interrupted, throwing the car door open and practically falling over in my haste to get away.

"Have a good day!" He called after me, but I ignored him and rushed away.

The majority of the time, I liked my dad. I really did. But lately all he wanted to talk about was college and money and jobs, everything I didn't want to talk about. Truthfully, I wasn't ready to accept the fact that I was growing up and my dad seemed to be a constant reminder of it.

"Hey," someone said from behind me and I almost dropped Cactus in surprise.

"Morning Georgia," I smiled at the small blonde, recovering quickly. "Morning Alice."

"Are you feeling okay?" Georgia asked at the same time Alice said, "You look really bad."

"Just tired," I said, choosing to ignore Alice's comment. "Really, really tired."

"Isn't Luke supposed to be helping you look after that thing?" Alice gestured to Cactus, who had been surprisingly quiet this morning.

"Luke?" Georgia interrupted. "Luke Turner?"

I nodded, just about avoiding being crushed by a footballer double my size as I maneuvered through the hallway.

"Please explain!" Georgia cried, looking from me to the baby in wide eyed fascination.

I explained The Baby Project and being partnered with Luke as quickly as I could, leaving out the part about me going to his house, since it wasn't even 9am yet and I really wasn't ready to deal with a hysterical Georgia.

"Oh. My. God," she breathed.

Too late.

She was already getting there.

"YOU HAD A BABY WITH LUKE TURNER?" Georgia practically shouted.

Every single person walking down the hallway froze as Georgia's words echoed all around us.

I instantly turned beetroot red and shook my head at everyone who had turned to stare at us.

"N-no," I stuttered, embarrassed to have so much attention on me.

Thankfully, this seemed to be enough for everyone as they all returned back to their conversations and went off in their own separate directions.

"Jesus, Georgia. Do you always have to be this loud?" Alice complained.

"Sorry," Georgia said, a lot more quietly this time. "I got a little excited..."

"A little?" I mumbled, opening my locker and taking a few books out.

"I just can't believe you had a baby with Luke and didn't tell me about it," Georgia folded her arms over chest, going from over excited to very annoyed within the space of five seconds.

"We didn't 'have' a baby Georgia. We were given a plastic doll and forced to work together."

"Minor details, who cares?" She waved her hand around, rolling her eyes. "I knew Luke coming home would actually bring back some excitement. But who knew you'd be at the centre of it?"

"You're delusional," Alice said, snatching Georgia's folder out of her hands and whacking her on the head with it.

"I'm right!" Georgia cried. "I know I am!"

******************************************

By the time last period rolled around I felt like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders. At lunch I had dumped the baby with Luke and ever since I'd been on Cloud 9. It also helped that last period I had English, which was one of my favorite subjects.

"You look happy."

I looked up to see Austin sliding into the seat beside me, at least I think it was Austin. He hadn't welcomed me with some lame chat up line so it was safe to assume it wasn't Chase.

"I am," I said with a content sigh.

"Might I ask why?"

"I dumped Cactus with your rather insufferable friend and ever since its been peace and quiet for me."

"I can't believe you named your kid Cactus. Even Beyoncé did a better job than that," Austin chuckled and I couldn't help but laugh along, he had one of those warm infectious laughs.

"It wasn't my idea! Blame Luke, I tried to argue against it but he really knows how to get his own way."

Austin nodded, looking like he knew exactly what I meant. "You two look cute together though," he commented suddenly. "You'd make a good couple."

He said it casually, as if he didn't really mean much by it, but even still I practically starting choking on the air I was breathing.

"Me?" I managed. "And Luke? Cute? COUPLE?"

"Don't knock it till you've tried it," Austin shrugged, a strange knowing smile on his face.

"I'd rather be knocked out by a frying pan than try that," I grumbled, causing Austin to start laughing again.

"Yup," he said under his breath, "definitely a good couple."

I was tempted to make some kind of snarky comment but decided against it, instead turning my attention back to the teacher who was already halfway into the lesson.

The rest of the hour passed quickly and before I knew it the school day came to an end and I was packing all my stuff away.

Unlike me, Austin did not take his time, and pretty much shoved everything into his bag in about two seconds.

"So I guess I'll be seeing you around then?" He said, standing up and grinning at me.

"I guess you will," I smiled and then he was gone, leaving me to try and shove everything into my own bag.

Just as I was about to stand up and leave the classroom, I spotted something on the floor, beside Austin's desk. His phone.

I picked it up and rushed out of the classroom, hoping he'd still be somewhere nearby so I could give it back to him. When I couldn't find him anywhere I gave up and trudged to my locker, finding Alice there too.

"Did you get a new phone?" She asked, spotting Austin's phone in my hand.

"No, it's Austin's," I explained, "he left it in English and I don't know what to do with it."

"Austin Taylor? He lives on my street," Alice commented.

"Really?" I instantly sighed in relief. "So could you give it back to him?"

"No thank you," she shook her head, backing away. "I don't want to just turn up at his house. That's creepy, even for me."

"Fine," I sighed. "Will you take me there instead then? I don't want him to get worried about his phone and my shift at the bakery doesn't start till five, you could drop me off right?"

"Sure, whatever. Just hurry up."

It took us about ten minutes to drive to Austin and Chase's house, which turned out to be only a few houses away from Alice's house. This was one of those situations where I felt a little glad that we'd moved to such a small town, it meant that everybody sort of knew everybody else and everything was easy to get to.

"Don't take too long, your shift starts in half an hour!" Alice called after me as I left the car and practically jogged up to his front door.

The first time I knocked there was no answer, I patiently waited for a few minutes before I knocked again, louder this time.

When there was no answer after another five minutes I turned around, deciding there was nobody home. Just as I took a step forward I heard the door open, making me turn back around.

"Ella? What are you doing here?" Austin asked, a rather annoyed look on his face.

"Um," I began, but was interrupted by the sound of a voice coming from inside his house.

"I mean she's a wonderful girl, I don't see why you won't give her a chance!" A woman, who I assumed was his mom, said as she made her way over to him.

"Mom," Austin said, his usually calm and casual tone slipping away. "How many times do I have to tell you, I don't need you setting me up on dates?"

Oh my God. This had to be one of the most awkward mother/son conversations in the world and I had just walked right into it.

"I'm just trying to help you find someone honey, I don't see what's so bad about it," his mom said, still taking no notice of me.

"For the last time mom, I do not need 'to find someone'," Austin's eyes move from his mom to me and suddenly his lips curved into a big smile. "Because I've already found someone."

Warning bells were already going off in the back of my head and I really should've taken this as a sign and made a run for it. However, I stayed glued to the same spot, staring at Austin in confusion.

"Who?" His mom stared at him, an equally confused expression on her tanned face.

To my absolute horror, Austin's arm came around my shoulders and he pulled me close.

"What are you doing?" I hissed but he shoved my face into his chest, muffling my words.

"Mom, I'd like you to meet my new girlfriend," I heard him say. "Ella Smith."

The moment those words left his mouth I completely froze.

I felt Austin turn me around to face his mom again, but I still couldn't breathe properly.

"Really? Oh my God, my baby finally got a girlfriend!" His mom squealed in delight, her eyes lighting up as she looked from me to Austin.

"Yeah," Austin let out an awkward chuckle. "Is it okay if we go to my room now? Get some alone time together."

I felt him move me again, this time in the direction of the stairs, but I still didn't speak. Correction, couldn't speak.

"Of course, of course," his mom practically shrieked. "Now I know you're a smart kid Austin but if you're doing anything up there please use protection. I'm sure there's plenty of condoms in your brothers room that you could borrow."

I was going to kill him.

"We're not having sex, mom," Austin said, rushing me up the stairs and into his room, before she could say anything else.

"It's so nice to meet you Ella!" His mom called after me, just as Austin slammed the door shut.

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" I whirled around and stabbed a finger into Austin's chest, glaring at him as I returned back to my sense.

I wasn't just angry, I was furious. What the hell was wrong with him?

"No, perfectly sane," he said, sitting down on his bed and patting the space next to him, signalling for me to join him.

"I have known you for how long?" I asked, ignoring his offer to sit down. "A WEEK. Now, I have no idea where you're from but around here, people usually ask a girl to be their girlfriend before they announce it to their mothers. OR AT LEAST BUY THEM FREAKING DINNER!"

He nodded. "Yes, I know. You're right. But I was desperate, I didn't know what to do!"

"Didn't know what to do?" I repeated. "Didn't know what to do? How about just saying 'no mom I don't think I'm ready to date yet?' IS THAT SO HARD?"

Austin winced and shook his head at me. "Please be a little quieter, my mom might hear us."

"I CERTAINLY HOPE SHE DOES!" I yelled, purposefully increasing my voice. "BECAUSE I AM NOT YO-"

He slapped his hand over my mouth and I instantly bit him. I heard him curse under his breath, but he still didn't move his hand.

"Ella, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have said that and I can understand why you're so mad but I had no choice. For the past year all she's done is tried to set me up on dates. Blondes, brunettes, tall girls, short girls, smart girls, loud girls, you name 'em. I can't handle it anymore, I just want her to leave me alone. Please Ella, please just go along with it for a week or two. Pretend to be my girlfriend and after that she'll just back off. Please?"

Austin stared at me with his big blue eyes and I instantly felt myself pitying him. How was I supposed to resist those eyes?

"If I take my hand away do you promise not to shout again?" He asked after a few seconds, when he saw me visibly calming down.

I nodded.

"Give me one reason why I should go along with your little idea and not go downstairs and tell your mom the truth?" I asked, keeping my voice down but still sounding angry.

He took a deep breath.

"Ella, I'm gay."

I blinked.

Once.

Twice.

"You're gay?" I repeated.

"Yes."

"I don't understand," I mumbled. "If you're gay then why don't you just tell your family? Why bother lying to them like this?"

Austin sighed. "It's not that I don't want to tell them, I do. And I will, eventually. But right now I'm just not ready, I need some time and some space and the only way I can get that is if I can make my mom back off. If you want to say no, I understand, but it would mean so much to me if you said yes."

"Does anybody else know you're gay?" I questioned.

He shook his head.

"Just for a week or two right?"

He nodded.

"Fine."

"Really?" Austin asked, sounding like he couldn't even believe me.

"Austin Taylor, you've just found yourself a fake girlfriend."

*************************************

Author's note: This was completely different to what I'd originally planned to happen in this chapter, but I really just wanted to speed things up. From here on things are going to get pretty interesting. And yes, there was no Luke in this chapter but there's plenty more of him coming up.

1. Were you expecting Austin to be gay or was this pretty surprising?

2. Is Ella going to be a good or bad fake girlfriend?

3. What kind of trouble are you hoping their 'relationship' will cause with everybody else?

I'm sorry about making you wait so long for this chapter, but I only just got back from my holiday. Hope it was long enough, because it took a while to write. Also, this is dedicated to Jessiepie0299 for the wonderful cover on the right! Thank you so much!!!

REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 1.9K 60
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
16.5M 638K 62
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
1.7M 63.1K 59
As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonwealth are chosen to compete for his hear...
BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

358K 13.3K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...