Rural

By 3dream_writer3

Bad news after bad news was all the Krukowski family needed before it was decided they should move back to th... More

Rural
Chapter 1: I Would Have Moved Here A Long Time Ago If I Knew Of This Hot Guy
Chapter 2: That Moment When You Want to Become Enemies With a Cat
Chapter 3: I Did Not Miss This Evil Horse. Nope. Not At All.
Chapter 4: Kitty, You're Annoying. Leave Me Alone.
Chapter 5: Being Friends is For the Best. I Guess.
Chapter 6: This is Totally a Date But Someone Won't Admit it
Chapter 7: Slow Dance? Sure. This Totally isn't a Date.
Chapter 9: Look, Mom. I'm Going to War With a Cat.
Chapter 10: Helping Paint. Helping Me. Helping Sawyer.
Chapter 11: This is the Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 12: Sawyer Just Makes My Heart Go Ba-Boom
Chapter 13: We're Sitting There By the Water
Chapter 14: His Friends are Back and I Like Them for Boosting My Ego
Chapter 15: The Dangers of the Trail. And Of Love.
Chapter 16: You are the Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine
Chapter 17: Time to Tell the Families that Sawyer is Madly in Love With Me
Chapter 18: Drama Llamas are a Mood. So is Lulu.
Chapter 19: Revenge May Be Sweet But I Prefer Sawyer's D-- Dedication to Horses
Chapter 20: Whoever Says Nature Brings People Closer Obviously Hasn't Met Kitty
Chapter 21: Why Did We Choose the Woods When It's Ideal for Axe Murderers?
Chapter 22: Rain, Go Away. Unless You're Raining On Kitty's Tent So She Suffers
Chapter 23: As Camping Comes to an End, So Does My Tolerance for Kitty
Chapter 24: Like T-Swift Said, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Chapter 25: A Haunted Forest? After I Survived an Axe Murderer? No Way.
Chapter 26: To Be Or Not To Be... Haunted. Seriously, Get Me Out Of Here.
Chapter 27: A True HornDog Would Ignore the Ghosts; I'm No Longer a True HornDog
Chapter 28: A Secret Training Course Can Also Be a Secret Make Out Spot
Chapter 29: I Have a Knack For a Lot of Things. Sawyer Would Know. Wink, Wink.
Chapter 30: For Once, I'm Not Confident. Is This What Being Normal Feels Like?
Chapter 31: All is Fair in Love and War. Oh, Wait, It's Kitty. It's Just War.
Chapter 32: I'm Not One to Brag But I am Pretty Amazing, Aren't I?
Chapter 33: A Break By the Lake. Hey, That Rhymes.
Chapter 34: Tough Decisions Can Always Be Settled With the Frickle Frackles
Chapter 35: When Opportunity Knocks at Your Door, Get Dressed Before Answering
Chapter 36: Practice Doesn't Make Perfect Because I'm Already Perfect
Chapter 37: My Confidence is Going Down and I Don't Like How it Feels
Chapter 38: Doing the Right Thing Even if I REALLY Don't Want to
Chapter 39: Someone Help Me. I Think I Entered a Parallel Universe.
Chapter 40: To Graduate or Not to Graduate | Final Chapter
Sequel

Chapter 8: Back Off, Lulu. Even Though You Don't Like Sawyer. Still. Back Off.

5.8K 266 93
By 3dream_writer3

Chapter 8: Back Off, Lulu. Even though You Don't Like Sawyer. Still. Back Off.

       "You have some explaining to do," Lulu said as she and Beau sat down at the table I was already sitting at in the cafeteria. We always sat down at the same table and normally, I was first one to get there since my class was closest to the cafeteria.

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "What exactly do I have to explain?"

       "What I saw at the fair," Lulu said. "It was the cutest thing ever I had ever witnessed and it mad me so happy. And a bit mad because it meant you lied to me."

       I was still confused as to what Lulu was talking about and what she thought I lied to her about. Why couldn't she ever get right to the point at times?

       "I don't get it," I said. "What are you going on about?"

       "You told me you and Sawyer were only friends," Lulu said. "But you didn't seem like just friends at the fair."

       "Yeah, you're going to have to expand more," I said. "Because I am very confused right now and have no idea what you're talking about."

       Lulu eyed me suspiciously. "Are you only saying that to try avoiding the question? Or do you really have no idea what I'm talking about? Because I feel like it's the first one. You do realize I'm going to keep bugging you until you tell me, right?"

       Beau, thankfully, realized I really didn't have any idea what Lulu was talking about so he was the one who clarified things for me. "She's talking about you and Sawyer dancing together."

       "Oh, that," I said.

       "Yeah, that," Lulu said. "How could you keep that from me? And didn't you tell me that you two were only friends? You didn't seem like just friends."

       "Lulu, we are just friends," I said. "Friends can dance together. There's nothing wrong with it."

       "Friends don't slow dance together," Lulu said. Beau was about to open his mouth to say something but Lulu beat him to it. "We don't count, Beau."

       "And you don't you two count?" I asked.

       "Don't change the subject," Lulu said. "I'm just curious about the whole thing."

       "There's nothing to be curious about," I said. "We were just standing off to the side with nothing to do so he asked me to dance. That's it. Nothing more."

       Even though to me, I was starting to think there was more to it. I just didn't want to admit it to anyone yet. Or maybe not at all. It was something I was going to keep to myself until the feelings passed.

       "Alright, fine," Lulu said, surprisingly. I thought she would have kept pushing me to answer in the way she wanted me to. "I guess you two are just friends. That's all you'll ever be. Nothing more. Ever."

       "I don't know if you're trying to play a mind game or something but you're right there," I said. "Sawyer's my best friend. That's it."

       "Sure, sure," Lulu said. "Whatever you say."

       "Can't you just leave him alone?" Beau asked. "Not try your weird mind games that don't even work because people know you well enough to know what you do for your mind games?"

       "Who's side are you on?" Lulu asked.

       Beau frowned. "I wasn't aware there were sides. I'm just saying you shouldn't try interfering with Jamie's personal life and relationships..."

       "Thank you, Beau," I said. "I'm starting to see why you tried telling me to escape Lulu's friendship before it was too late. I regret not leaving while I was able to."

       "Suck it up, Jamie," Lulu said. "I'm one of the best friends anyone could have."

       "Sure, sure," I said, mainly to mock Lulu. "Whatever you say."

       "Oh, wow, you're so funny," Lulu said. 

       "Thanks, I try."

       I actually loved being friends with Lulu, despite her very, very outgoing personality. She still knew her limits and when she should stop pushing people to tell her something or do something. 

       Not only that but also being friends with Beau helped balance things out. He definitely helped keep her a bit more grounded. If it wasn't for him, her personality would be a lot more bold.

       Which actually happened once when Beau didn't come to school one day because he was sick. Without him around, Lulu was a lot more outgoing.

       During the last class of the day, a class I had with both Lulu and Beau, we were given a group project to work on and the worst part was that we were only given two days to work on it.

       Two days. For a group project.

       Didn't teachers know that group projects took forever to do because there was always only one, maybe two, people doing all the work so it took them a bit longer?

       At least us being able to choose our groups made up for it. We had to get into a group from three to five people, which was perfect for me, Lulu, and Beau.

       "So I'm guessing we should work on the project now," Beau said. "At least I think we should work on it now. We're not given much time to do it..."

       "No, you're right, we should work on it now," Lulu said. "Ooh, we can go to Jamie's house."

       "I sense some ulterior motive," I said.

       "What?" Lulu said. "No, definitely no other motive here. Just a friend wanting to go to another friend's house."

       "We can go to my house," Beau offered.

       "But Jamie's house is closer," Lulu said.

       "How do you know where I live?" I asked.

       "Uh, because you live with the Birch family?" Lulu said in an obvious tone. "And everyone knows where their farm is. So are you okay with us coming over to work on the project?"

       "I still sense some ulterior motive and knowing how relentless you are, I know it's best to just agree to it," I said. "I just have to text Sawyer's dad to see if he's okay with it."

       Trey replied to my text pretty quickly, saying it was more than okay for Lulu and Beau to come over. He also said I didn't have to ask to have my friends come over any time. I just felt like I had to ask anyway since it wasn't my technically house. 

       My mom, Dorothy, and I were still in the main house since there was a lot of renovations that had to be done in the guest house.

       I didn't mind since I got to share a room with Sawyer.

       I mean what?

       Once we all got what we needed from our lockers, we left the school and walked to the farm. Now that I mostly knew my way around the town, I didn't need Sawyer to pick me up anymore. He still dropped me off most mornings since I was running late from taking care of Paint.

       When we got there, I tried leading Lulu and Beau into the house but Lulu was currently distracted watching Sawyer work. "Dang, you're lucky if this is your view every day," Lulu said.

       "Seriously?" Beau asked.

       "What?" Lulu said. "It's true. Jamie is very lucky."

       "Can't we just go inside and work on the project?" Beau asked.

       "What's up with you?" Lulu asked.

       "Nothing. I just don't want to spend all day procrastinating when we don't have long to work on the project. Nothing's wrong."

        Oh.

        Oh.

       Poor Beau. Liking such an oblivious person.

       Lulu sighed dramatically. "Fine, but we need to work by a window so I can't lose this gorgeous view."

        And of course I was starting to feel jealous even though I had nothing to be jealous of. She was just appreciating Sawyer's looks, something I did all the time.

       Lulu looked over at me, giving me an innocent smile. "Why, Jamie. You look jealous. Are you sure he's just a friend?"

       So that was her motive.

       Of course it was. I should have assumed that.

       "I'm not jealous," I said. "Why would I be jealous that you're appreciating his good looks? I do that all the time. Everyone probably does."

       Lulu sighed. "When are you going to get out of this denial stage?"

       "Once there's a stage to actually get out of because right now, there's nothing to deny," I said. "We should really get started on the project, though. Beau is right. We shouldn't procrastinate since we have two days."

       "Fine, but I will get you to admit it sooner than later," Lulu said.

       It was a good thing I was an expert at keeping things to myself.

______________

same jamie same

can we just talk about how precious beau is? he's one of my most precious characters and i love that little bean so much <3

i've always been writing until three in the morning the past couple days (nights?) because i don't start writing until close to 11 pm because i've been playing a game every day since i got it on wednesday. it's an addicted game

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 12.7K 89
"Naughty Rose, trying to get started without us, tell us what you want baby," I cooed at her. "I want all of you right now. I want to be rid of my vi...
105K 4.1K 46
All Noah wants to do is finish high school without any problems. Until a problem arrives in the form of the new kid, Aaron. Noah begins to fall for...
832K 48.2K 34
It's hard to believe that a boy who didn't believe in love and a boy who didn't believe he could love himself would have much to learn from each othe...
2.1M 33.9K 19
Finn had finally done it. He had saved enough money to attend the town's all-boys school. After years of bullying from the public school, he was ecst...