This Is My World [High School...

By _Amethyx_

❝I don't know what's going on. I was just a nobody, but then Tanah came along and my world turned upside down... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
QnA
QnA #2
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
AN (not rlly)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Epilogue
Afternote + Sequel
Sequel Published
Petir's Appearance

Prologue

1.3K 55 42
By _Amethyx_

"It's not that I don't trust you, it's that you're too reckless of a person," Air huffed, sliding the cash into her purse. "The last time you returned, you came back with a slit on your leg."

Api growled in frustration. "That was an accident! I tripped over a cat!"

"A cat," Air repeated.

"A cat!" Api emphasised.

Air sighed. She fished out a wad of cash from her purse and handed it to her twin brother. "You better be more careful."

Api accepted the cash with glee. "Of course! Thanks, sis!"

Putting on his shoes hastily, he swung their room door open and bolted towards the busier parts of the city. His destination was clear as day—the school gym.

Since he and Air were young, they'd displayed outstanding flexibility. Their parents got them into gymnast or ballet lessons, but Api proved to be too much of an explosive person to attend such etiquette. Air, on the other hand, was a fish in water. Not only did she excel at them, she was the champion of the globe multiple times over.

Api didn't enjoy those lessons. Now, being 15 years old, was living in an apartment near his school with his sister. He could do whatever the hell he wants, and that's when he discovered the school's boxing club. Since it was an obscure one, the only way he could enter was through a recommendation, but that didn't dampen his spirit for the violent sport.

Loaning his sister's prize money from time to time, he purchased a monthly membership at the school's gym. At times, he could see the boxing club's members training there, and it motivated him to work harder. This caused him to neglect most of his studies and flunk texts. No context needed. The only reason wasn't held back yet was Air holding his membership card as a hostage so he would actually sit on his desk and study.

That girl was evil. Insert crying face meme here. No context required.

Despite all that, his training paid off. The only downside to training so much was his height. Air was taller than him by centimetres, despite being younger than him. It could be "girls mature faster than guys" bullshit, but Api was sensitive when it came to stuff like this.

Of course, convincing Air to cough up enough cash for him to afford the membership wasn't easy. She always spends a lot of it buying snacks and working out more afterwards so she won't gain weight, so Api was technically doing her a favour by cutting her snack cash.

Air didn't appreciate it.

"Look, sis, I know you're gonna spend all that money on snacks anyway! You know you'll get fat like when you're young too, you know? I'm doing you a big favour here!"

Welp, at least we now know why Api was kicked out of her room with a slap mark on his face.

In spite of this, they were close. Even if Air was visibly more passive than Api, they cared for each other.

"Another month's membership!" Api slammed the wad of cash on the table.

The receptionist adjusted her glasses. "You again, eh? You sure like the gym a lot. Whatever. You're almost late."

Api beamed. "Thank you!"

And that was why Air greeted him with his unfinished homework like the devil when he returned at 11pm.

Oh shit.

The next day, he was both mentally and physically exhausted. The day's homework had left him drained, and he struggled to dispatch each math question without fail. It didn't help the fact that Air was sleeping on the table while he was doing it.

Api pulled an Air in class today. He fell asleep halfway through history class. The teacher noticed him and called him to stand out in the hallway.

Air was in a different class, so she wouldn't see him like this. That's one good side of being in a different class with your sibling. Even if you screw everything up in your class, they wouldn't know unless they really want to pick your embarrassing moments up to blackmail you. Seriously. Those siblings are evil.

The corridor was boring, but it wasn't as dull as the class itself. Nobody wanted to know why Napoleon failed to conquer Russia. Fun Fact: the climate was so cold they had to drink their horse's blood to survive by sticking a straw straight into their veins. Seventy-five million soldiers set off but only three thousand returned.

Ahh, we're getting off topic. The moment the school bell rang, Api dived into the classroom, packed his stuff and headed straight for the gym again.

This time, however, he was emerging with more than just bruises.

It was a normal workout session, with the area less crowded than usual. There were only two people besides him, another guy lifting weights and a girl on the treadmill. They looked older than him, but Api didn't pay much attention. What he did see was that they weren't people that you should ask for a tight hug.

God, do you see those muscles? They could kill a can by accident!

That motivated Api to work harder. He had to get the club to notice him. Just as he was about to start working out, the guy accosted him. He had brown eyes and hair.

"Hey, you're the guy who comes here almost every day, aren't you?" he said.

Api nodded. "Uh, yeah. Why? You got a problem?"

The guy smiled. "No, actually. I just wanted to know why you're so keen on working out so much."

"Well, I always wanted to join the boxing club!" Api says enthusiastically. He was pumped that someone would listen. "I'm gonna try hard to get in! I heard it's really hard, but I'm not gonna give up trying!"

"Oh." He suppressed a smile. "So that's why, eh?"

Api faltered. "Uh, yeah. Why? What about it?"

"You see, kid," the guy starts, "boxing is no relaxing sport. It's a life-risking activity, and it's stressful. You sure you want a life like this?"

"That sounds fun, to be honest!"

"Really?"

"It's always how I imagined! Sure, it'll be stressful and downright painful, but it's my dream!" Api's eyes shone. "If it's that way, I won't mind!"

"If that's the case, meet me here at the same time tomorrow." Before Api can retort, he returned to his workout session.

Api blinked. What had he gotten himself into?

Confusion settled in like a blanket. Slinging his bag on his shoulders, he returned to his dorm earlier than usual. In fact, he hadn't even worked out at all, which surprised Air.

"What happened to 'I'm-not-gonna-give-up'?" she asked.

Api flopped onto his bed. "Leave me alone, sis..."

Air left him alone. She returned to her studies.

When the day rolled around, Api was still confused. Why would the guy even ask him to see him here? To beat him up? Was that guy part of some gang and he used their equipment by accident? If that's the case, Api's not going to let them get their way so easy. He won't go down without a fight.

The glass door slid open. Again, it was deserted. Api stepped inside and turned the lights on, but no one was there.

"You're right on time," the same guy said behind him. Api jumped in surprise.

"What the hell? Is creeping up on people on your agenda or something?!"

He chuckled. "No. Anyway, I've got an offer for you."

Api frowned. "And what's that? If you're some gang leader and you want to recruit me to be your lackey, you can shove that offer up your—"

The guy held his hands up. "Wait, wait. What are you talking about? I was gonna ask you if you want to join my club."

"Yeah? And what's that?"

"The boxing club, of course!" He held his hand out. "My name's Tanah. I saw your potential and your efforts, and I need someone like you on the team."

Api.exe has officially crashed.

Then he screamed, "WHAT?"

Tanah nodded. "Do you accept the offer?"

"Well, duh!" Api spluttered and took his hand. "Are you serious? I can join just like that? Who are you?"

Tanah smiled and shook Api's hand. He handed him a piece of rolled up paper from his pocket. "Fill this in and hand it to me by this week. I'm in the twelfth grade, and my class is A." He patted his shoulder. "Good luck, kid."

"I'm not a kid!" Api groaned, unfolding the paper. "My name's Api!"

Tanah chucked lightly. As the younger male began to scan through the requirements, he left the gym as if he was never there.

Api wondered whether if he was going to tell his twin sister about this. She never approved of him participating in such vigorous sports. Joining the lcub itself could send her into a frenzy. Well, not much of a frenzy considering the lazy butt she is, but she could be scary if she wanted to.

Ah... the conflict.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 8.1K 153
ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴs ᴀɴɢsᴛ, sᴀᴅɴᴇss ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇᴀʀs. ᴇɴᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʀɪsᴋ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ᴀ ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟ ᴀssʜᴏʟᴇ. ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴋɪᴅᴅɪɴɢ. ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏᴍᴇ ғʟᴜғғ ᴛᴏᴏ.
4.2K 225 4
Blαcĸ Ice. Aɴ eхpαɴѕιoɴ ѕploтcнed wιтн cryѕтαllιɴe вαllѕ oғ ғlαмe. "Leт ɢo! I ɴeed тo ɢeт тo нιм!!!" ...S-ѕo.. Dαrĸ. Scαrleт αɴd opαl ιɴ α вυrѕт oғ ɴ...
2.3K 44 19
Boboiboy must protect his elemental powers along with his friends from an ancient villain called Retak'ka, who claim himself as the original user of...
36.4K 1K 27
[Changed story title] Oldest - Thunderstorm 2nd Oldest - Cyclone 3rd Oldest - Earthquake Mid - Blaze 2nd Mid - Ice Younger - Thorn Youngest - Solar M...