hard | z. herron

By wdwbelonginthisclub

{COMPLETED} "I know I said I'll be your friend, but it's too hard" a wrong text that doesn't turn out too bad... More

0.0
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.2
2.3
2.4
epilogue

2.1

3.7K 65 45
By wdwbelonginthisclub

*time skip again (are you shocked? I'm not.)

"Zoe, the show starts in 5 minutes, come on," Leah whines while tugging on the girl's arm. Tour has been going pretty good for the girls. The tour is almost over, they have four shows left, including tonight. Both Mila and Leah have played their songs for the boys for their album but Zoe has yet to do hers. She wants to play it but is too nervous about what the others will say, especially Zach, seeing as it's possibly about him. Mila was too but it worked out pretty damn good for her seeing as she and Jonah are now dating. Zoe is the literal definition of a third wheel but like the eleventh.

Something also happened that has confused Zoe to no end. Zach kissed her. Kay had gone to visit family and she's supposed to be back tomorrow but Zach kissed her. He obviously freaked out when he did that and didn't know what to do. He had feelings for both girls but was finding it so hard to choose so Zoe tried to make it a bit easier. "I'm in it for the long run Herron so date whoever you want but I will be your last... first kiss," She laughed before breaking out into last first kiss by one direction to lighten the mood. Unfortunately, since that happened, Zach has been avoiding her like the plague. Feeling hurt would be an understatement but she brought it on herself. But hey, it helped her finish her song so.

Zach said that he'll tell her his decision after he speaks to Kay. Zoe's hopeful and really looking forward to that day. She knows that he's probably not gonna pick her but at least he's gonna tell her what's gonna happen next.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Zoe laughs, following the girls out of the dressing room towards the stage. They begin to get their earpieces and microphones when Zoe's phone begins to ring, displaying her mom's name. Mila and Leah motion for her to pick up seeing as her mom would never call 5 minutes before a show unless it was important. Zoe moves into a quieter room before picking up.

"Mom? is everything okay?" Zoe immediately questions after pressing the green button.

"Um, yeah, everything's okay but I need you to come home, you can go back for the last show but your aunt is visiting and you know she can't afford to not see you," Susan explains hesitantly.

"I- what? um okay yeah I'll have someone book a ticket back to California, I'll be there by tomorrow I guess," Zoe sighs while closing her eyes. Her aunt really couldn't have picked a different time for her yearly visit. Don't get her wrong, Zoe loves her aunt with everything in her and she never wants to miss seeing her but really? now? Zoe ends the call before slipping it into her back pocket. She exits the room and walks over to the two very concerned girls she calls her best friends.

"I have to go home after this show, my aunts doing her yearly visit but I'll be back for the last show," Zoe mumbles, running her hands through her hair.

"Shit okay well, I guess we can do two shows without you, ask Gabbie or Christina to book you a ticket home and a ticket to the next show," Mila says. Zoe nods in response before dashing to Jack's dressing room since it was closest. She busts through the door to see Jack doing some weird handstand thing and Gabbie on the couch looking at her boyfriend as if he was a lunatic.

"Oh my god, save me please," Gabbie groans, looking over to Zoe.

"I need to a plane ticket to California for tonight and one to the last show, I gotta go home for a bit," Zoe whispers in Gabbie's ear, not wanting to tell any of the boys just yet. Gabbie doesn't even question it just grabs her computer off of the coffee table and begins booking her tickets.

"I LOVE YOU, THANK YOU, I GOTTA GO MAKE JACK'S FANS EARS BLEED BRB," Zoe shouts, running out of the room. She races back over to the curtains where Mila and Leah are waiting for her. Mila hands her the earpiece while Leah hands Zoe her mic. The backstage guy gives them a signal and they run onstage to deafening screams.

"HOW ARE Y'ALL DOING TONIGHT?" Leah screams into the mic, emitting screams from the crowd.

"Which one of us do you want to hear first?" Mila questions before pointing to each girl. Leah goes first then Mila then Zoe. Between each song of Leah and Mila's, they do a group song. (y'all idk if this even makes sense, I'm making it up as I go). Zoe goes last and she decides to do one last time by Ariana Grande. It's fitting.

I was a liar
I gave into the fire
I know I should've fought it
At least I'm being honest
Feel like a failure
'Cause I know that I failed you
I should've done you better
'Cause you don't want a liar (come on)

And I know, and I know, and I know
She gives you everything but boy I couldn't give it to you
And I know, and I know, and I know
That you got everything
But I got nothing here without you

So one last time
I need to be the one who takes you home
One more time
I promise after that, I'll let you go
Baby I don't care if you got her in your heart
All I really care is you wake up in my arms
One last time
I need to be the one who takes you home

I don't deserve it
I know I don't deserve it
But stay with me a minute
I swear I'll make it worth it
Can't you forgive me
At least just temporarily
I know that this is my fault
I should have been more careful (come on)

And I know, and I know, and I know
She gives you everything but boy I couldn't give it to you
And I know, and I know, and I know
That you got everything
But I got nothing here without you baby

So one last time
I need to be the one who takes you home
One more time
I promise after that, I'll let you go
Baby I don't care if you got her in your heart
All I really care is you wake up in my arms
One last time
I need to be the one who takes you home

I know I should've fought it
At least I'm being honest, hey
Now stay with me a minute
I swear I'll make it worth it, hey
'Cause I don't wanna be without you

So one last time
I need to be the one who takes you home
One more time
I promise after that, I'll let you go
Baby I don't care if you got her in your heart
All I really care is you wake up in my arms
One last time
I need to be the one who takes you home, yeah

Zoe looks over to the wings of the stage to see all the boys, Gabbie and Christina cheering them on. Right before she sings the last line of the song, Zoe makes eye contact with Zach and holds it till the end of the song.

One last time
I need to be the one who takes you home

Screams erupt from the fans and the trio runs to the edge of the stage to take a bow and high five some of the fans.

"THANK YOU PHILADELPHIA, IT WAS SO NICE TO SEE YOU," Mila screams with a grin.

"AND NOW FOR THE MAIN ACT," Leah shouts while the three back up.

"PLEASE WELCOME WHY DON'T WE," Zoe finishes before the girls disappear off stage and the boys appear. Leah quickly runs and gives Gabbie a hug then Christina. Mila does the same but with Christina first.

"I got you a ticket, you leave in an hour," Gabbie says before giving Zoe the printed ticket.

"Literally thank you so much, I love you," Zoe mumbles, bringing the girl into a hug. Gabbie laughs before returning the hug. The five girls walk out of the venue to the tour bus to help Zoe pack.

"Hey, Zoe did you ever finish that song for the boys?" Christina asks, walking in stride with the younger girl.

"Yeah," Zoe sighs, casting her eyes down, "I've never shown it to them because I'm really fucking scared about what Zach will say."

"Do you like him?" Mila asks even though she knows the answer.

"Really? yes, Mila I like the boy but he has a girlfriend and I look like an amoeba," Zoe answers. The last part earns a smack on the back of the head from Leah.

"You should tell him," Gabbie hums as they near the bus.

"Abso-fucking-lutely not," Zoe replies while opening the bus door and stepping on.

"You have to tell him at some point, Zoe," Leah mumbles. The girls begin packing up Zoe as they argue about Zoe telling Zach about her feelings. Mila grabs a piece of paper out from underneath Zoe's pillow and examines it. It looks like a song titled hard.

"Is this the song?" Mila questions, holding up the piece of paper. Zoe looks over and quickly grabs the paper from the girl's hand. Zoe just nods before folding it up and putting it into her back pocket. She turns back around a continues packing not noticing Leah grab the paper from her pocket. The four girls read the song with Zoe still being oblivious as to what's going on.

"This is really good Zobear," Leah murmurs, trying out a new nickname. Zoe turns around confused at both the nickname and whatever Leah's talking about. She sees the paper that she just put into her back pocket. She pats the pocket to find it empty and groans.

"Don't call me that," She replies before continuing to pack with no help from the others.

"Oh sorry, this is really good fuckface," Leah retorts with a grin. This causes Mila, Gabbie and Christina to bust out laughing, almost falling to the floor. Zoe barely manages to hide her smile from the girls and just shakes her head. Zoe puts the last item of clothing into a bag and picks it up. She's only taking the necessities seeing as she will be back in a few days. She slings the bag over her shoulder before walking back outside, towards the venue. The girls follow, still clutching Zoe's song in hand. When they reach the doors they run in and walk over to the wings to watch the boys perform.

"Can I have my song back? it's not completely finished," Zoe asks Leah while sticking her hand out. Leah sighs before placing it in her hand.

"Do you want me to call an uber?" Christina asks, whipping out her phone. Zoe nods before looking back onstage to see the boys are beginning to perform boomerang, her absolute favorite song. It's literally Zach's song, he sounds so good. She cries every time. Alright, that's an over exaggeration but the point is he sounds really good during this song. Zoe watches with a small smile as Zach performs and just knows she's screwed. This boy has her heart and he doesn't even know it.

"Zoe, the Uber's here," Mila mumbles with a frown. Zoe nods before taking one last glance at Zach. He looks over and waves with a smile. Zoe waves back and gives him a grin before turning and leaving with the girls.

"Tell the boys I said see you later," Zoe says with a small smile. The girls all nod before pulling the brunette into a group hug. There are a few tears but they'll see each other in a few days. Zoe opens the side door and gets into the car before rolling down her window.

"Don't miss me too much, losers," Zoe grins with tears in her eyes. The girls laugh before waving as Zoe heads to the airport.

***

@imzachherron- one last time
imzoeanderson and 761831 others like this
32984 comments
fan1- ari lyrics?
imzoeanderson- we get it, you like ariana grande
fan2- hot
corbynbesson- your pants are unzipped
seaveydaniel- is that a candy cane
beautychickee- hmm

@imzoeanderson- i need to be the one who takes you home
imzachherron and 128492 others like this
56193 comments
carmichaelleah- you just sang this
jackaverymusic- whom?
gabbieegonzalez- that highlight🔥
corbynbesson- oh?
fan1- wait, didn't zach just?
fan2- oh my god

@carmichaelleah- when we sound off for the next couple of shows, it's bc zoe's gone
seaveydaniel and 119382 others like this
34927 comments
seaveydaniel- you'll still sound beautiful to me
imzoeanderson- no you won't, i suck
gabbieegonzalez- can we just talk about your eyes for a second?
fan1- wait, she's leaving?
fan2- what happened?
jonahmarais- @fan1 @fan2 she'll be back for the last show! just some family stuff! don't worry!

@milabright- we love losing one of the members of our opening act
jonahmarais and 119392 others like this
5289 comments
jonahmarais- wow my gf is a beauty
fan1- ^goals
fan2- you'll be fine i promise
imzoeanderson- did i die or?
beautychickee- you're hot
corbynbesson- so overdramatic

tagged: imzoeanderson
@gabbieegonzalez- come back soon please
jackaverymusic and 392949 others like this
5289 comments
fan1- this is so cute
jackaverymusic- my girl is beautiful😍
seaveydaniel- the only other girl she knows who skateboards
imzoeanderson- I WILL I PROMISE
milabright- my besties are hot
fan2- friendship goals

tagged: imzoeanderson
@beautychickee- imma miss this girly
corbynbesson and 428940 others like this
6283 comments
imzoeanderson- imma miss you
corbynbesson- even tho i can't see your face, my gf is beautiful
fan1- THIS IS SO PRETTY
fan2- those lights and the sunset oh my god
carmichaelleah- this is so aesthetically pleasing
seaveydaniel- ^big words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 3.6K 25
➳"You've bullied me for 3 years straight, why are you deciding to be nice now?" Started: August 8/18 Finished: October 10/18 *READ AT YOUR OWN RISK...
54 0 14
read to find out
3.4K 7 19
read to find out