Excuse My Charisma (Student/T...

By Affirmation

Action Romance. Watty Awards 2012. Book 1 of The Finnigan Chronicles. Aly Finnan is the quiet school girl, th... More

Excuse My Charisma (Watty Awards 2012)
Chapter One ~ Don In Distress
Chapter Two ~ A Night To Remember
Chapter Three ~ Secrets and Deception
Chapter Four ~ Tempting An Angel
Chapter Five ~ More Secrets
Chapter Six ~ Unraveling Truths
Chapter Seven ~ Oh My Finnigan!
Chapter Eight ~ Bitch In A Uniform
Chapter Nine ~ Surprise
Chapter Ten ~ Fighter
Chapter Eleven ~ Which Type of Workout?
Chapter Twelve ~ Bludger, Mr Renn?
Chapter Thirteen ~ Son Of A
Chapter Fourteen ~ R.I.P
Chapter Fifteen ~ Zac is Back
Chapter Sixteen ~ No Funny Business
Chapter Seventeen ~ Family
Chapter Eighteen ~ Confrontations
Chapter Nineteen ~ Letters of Love
Chapter Twenty ~ Trials
Chapter Twenty-One ~ Freedom
Chapter Twenty-Two ~ Fun and Games
Chapter Twenty-Three ~ Emotional Chaos
Chapter Twenty-Four ~ Engaged
Chapter Twenty-Five ~ Gifts
Chapter Twenty-Six ~ Brick By Boring Brick
Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ Radioactive
Chapter Twenty-Eight ~ Living Dead, HSC and B!tch Fights
Author's Note ~ Please Read!
Chapter Thirty ~ The Announcement
Chapter Thirty-One ~ Betrayed
Chapter Thirty-Two ~ Battle Scars
Chapter Thirty-Three ~ Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark
Forever And Always ~ Prologue of Excuse My Charisma's Sequel Sneak Peak!!
Thank You
Side Note
With Good Reason

Chapter Twenty-Nine ~ Class of 2012

3.2K 26 16
By Affirmation

Hey guys!

First off, I am SO sorry for being MIA! I've just been so busy with assessments and work. I'm actually taking time out of studying just to upload for you guys, so feel special :P 

I haven't edited it yet as I wanted it up quickly, so please let me know if you find any errors. Thanks :)

Please, vote, comment, fan, share and ENJOY!!

P.S For those of you who follow Kiss Me Slowly, the next chapter that will be uploaded in the next couple of days will be Jasper's POV of the first chapter of Excuse My Charisma!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran into the house with a spring in my step and a smile on my face. Tomorrow morning the school would hold a celebratory mass and give each student a certificate saying they graduated. Tomorrow night, is my Year 12 formal and Jasper and I can finally go public.

“Someone’s happy.”

“ZACCCY!” I yelled and jumped into his arms. He caught me chuckling and spun me around. “Where are we going tonight?”

“Nowhere.” He replied simply. I felt my smile falter and confusion creep onto my face. “Baby girl, we can’t have everyone go out and get drunk. Especially not you, we have to look prestigious for tomorrow morning’s photos.”

I laughed at the posh voice he used when he said prestigious. “Alright.” I pouted.

He sighed and smiled. “We’ll order pizza and watch movies?!”

“YAY! Thank you Zaccy.” I kissed him on the cheek and ran upstairs to get into trackies and a tank top. It may be Summer, but trackies were comfy.

I heard the doorbell ring, Zac must have buzzed the gate open for them. I raced down the stairs yelling “I got it!”

I threw the door open with a thousand dollar smile on my face.

My smile immediately dropped when I saw who was standing there. “Mother.” I greeted coldly. (JUST KIDDING! Sorry I had to add that in :P This is a happy chapter, sorry to disappoint)

“Jasper, Viv, Jack, Tom, JAMIE! Come in!” I exclaimed excitedly, moving out of the way flourishing my arms. I heard Jasper’s sexy chuckle as his arms wound around my waist from behind me and he picked me up, turning me to face him.

“Someone’s happy.” I nodded enthusiastically and felt his chest vibrate beneath my hands, which were conveniently placed on his chiselled abbs. He captured my lips in a passionate kiss which was rudely interrupted by the clearing of a throat and a chorus of laughter.

I reluctantly broke away from Jasper to glare daggers at Zac.

“Pah-lease, no PDA, like EWWWW!”

I couldn’t hold my glare when he did his girl voice, it was just too funny.

Instead I gave him a sugary smile whilst I flipped him off. His arms went to his heart. “Ouch, baby girl your actions hurt me.” I rolled my eyes and pulled Jasper by the hand into the downstairs theatre room, with the others trailing behind us.

“Look what I got!” Viv exclaimed. She was waving The Hunger Games DVD in her hands.

“Cool.” Tom replied, Zac was imitating fight moves with a happy smile on his face, Jamie looked like a kid on Christmas Day, Jack looked like he couldn’t care less what we watched as long as he was here with us and Jasper was distracting me by placing feather light kisses along my exposed shoulder and neck. Although they were light kisses, they still sent sparks of electricity shooting through my body, igniting my desire for him.

“Jasper,” my voice came out a breathy moan. My mind was screaming at me to knock it off so I could concentrate on the blood bath on the TV in front of me, but my body was begging him for more. I took in a deep breath. “Jasper, stop.” My voice had more power in it and he paused. “I want to watch the movie.” I felt his body vibrate as he chuckled. “Later though, babe.” I winked at him and his arms tightened around my waist.

Zac was smirking at me from across the room and I stuck my tongue out at him. Jasper and I were lying on one of the black leather lounges in the theatre room. Viv and Jack occupied the other, Tom was in the lounge chair, Zac was on a bean bag and Jamie was sprawled out on the floor less than a metre away from the TV.

I had the most amazing night. We watched The Hunger Games, Kill Bill, Dirty Dancing and Scream 4, whilst eating junk food and acting like little kids.

It was really late by the time we all went upstairs to our rooms. I was tired but when strong arms swept my feet out from under me, I was wide awake.

“Jasper!” I half scolded half moaned as he kissed down my neck.

“Mmmmm?”

“I’m tired.” He sighed.

“I know. Me too. Tomorrow night though.” He winked at me.

I blushed and nodded vigorously. “I love you.”

“I love you too Angel.”

He tucked me into bed and climbed under the covers with me, wrapping his arms securely around my waist.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face and my head resting on Jasper’s chest.

*  *  *  *  *  * 

What felt like seconds later light blinded my still closed eyes and voices assaulted my ears.

“Wakey wakey! We graduate today!!!”

I aimed a pillow in the direction of Viv’s voice. The other’s laughed at me and I pulled the covers tighter around my head with a groan.

After a lot of coercion from my family and friends, I dragged myself away from my warm bed and had a hot shower.

The water was relaxing and by the time I got out, the mirror was covered in steam.

I threw on my white strapless dress, with a blue ribbon underneath the bust, that fell to just above my knees and matching blue heels, gave my hair a quick once over with my straightener put on my make-up and ran downstairs as the smell of bacon and eggs filled the air.

I had barely finished when Viv was yelling at us to move. “Guys! We are going to be late. Come ON!”
“Chill baby. We have an hour.” The glare she sent Jack was enough to shut anyone up.

We dropped Jasper off around the corner from the school and he kissed me goodbye and said he’d see me soon.

When we pulled into the school, the lot was almost full. Students, families and teachers were everywhere.

“Graduating class please make your way to the gym. Once there you will await further instructions from Mr Lancer.” One of the teacher’s was shouting into a megaphone.

I kissed Zac, Tom and Jamie goodbye before following Viv and Jack through the school hallways, for the last time and into the gym.

An hour later Mr Lancer walked in. “Right here’s what’s going to happen. You will line up in alphabetical order of your surnames. When your name is called through the PA system you will walk through the back door of the gym here,” He indicated to the door I once escaped a class after being with Jasper from, “And it will lead you onto a stage we have set up for today. You will receive your certificate, hat and flowers and pause for a photo. Once you have it please sit down in your allocated chair and wait for the rest of your Year to finish. We will then have the Principal’s and Graduate’s address. Any questions? No? Good.”
Each year the Graduate’s address was made by a student in the graduating class. They were told not to tell anyone or else it would be taken away from them. Not even their fellow year mates knew. This year, I was asked to make the address, so I would get my certificate last.

“Sarah Anderson.” The first name was called and applause broke out from inside and out of the gym.

“Alicia Irwin.” “Robert Frank.”

Eyes turned to me and whispers broke out when the students realised my name wasn’t called, before Mr Lancer hushed them up.

Viv and Jack sent me worried looks but I sent them a reassuring smile.

“Amber Johnson.” My head snapped to the fake, blonde bimbo. She sneered when she saw my gaze and I returned it with a sickenly sweet smile and a wave. She was dressed in a dress way too short to be appropriate, heels that were sky scrapers, hair bleeched blindingly blonde, and way too much make up. It looked like someone had thrown fanta and black crap on her face. To be honest and a bit bitchy, I was shocked that she passed enough classes to graduate.

“Viv Shields.” “Jack Simmons.”

I jumped up and applauded them loudly and they smiled at me and left arm in arm to graduate officially.

“Yami Wang.”

Mr Lancer motioned me to come over to where he was waiting at the door. “You ready?” I nodded a little nervously. Only Mr Lancer and the Principal Mrs Lancer knew who the Graduate’s address would be given by before it happened.

“To the graduating class of 2012 may all our luck and prayers follow you on your road to success and into the real word. May your decisions be beneficial and I hope to see you around in the future. Stay well and always remember …”

I waited until she finished her address and was greeted with applause. “Finally we have our last student of the Graduating Class of 2012. Aly Finnan with the Graduate’s address. Congratulations to all of you.”

A roar of applause greeted me as I stepped out of the gym with a smile on my face. I walked over to Mrs Lancer, shook her hand, accepted a huge bunch of flowers, bigger than everyone else’s (I was the closest thing the school had to a Captain) and certificate. She put my hat on my head and smiled as she motioned me to the lectern.

Placing my speech down in front of me I looked up and caught sight of my loved one’s faces and smiled once again.

“To my family, friends and of course teachers and fellow citizens. On behalf of the Graduating Class of 2012 I would like to say thank you. Thank you for contributing to getting us where we are today. The years I have spent here at high school have been some of the most memorable of my life. There have been good times and bad, but I will never forget the experiences I have had as they made me the person I am today. The people I have met along the way are some I will never forget and love with all my heart.” My eyes sought out Jasper’s and he mouthed ‘I love you.’ I continued my speech and got some ‘oooo’s’ and ‘ahhhhs’ and a lot of applause from my audience. There were hundreds of people in stands set up around the oval, looking down onto the stage. “To my peers, good luck and have fun in the real world. I hope we stay in touch and may you all have a safe, successful and happy life. See you all tonight at Formal!” I took off my hat and threw it in the air and the rest of the 2012 class copied me with an almighty cheer.

With that I bowed and swept off the stage to more cheers and applause.

As soon as I reached the last step and onto the ground, I was swarmed by people hugging me, patting me on the back and congratulating me. Viv had tears in her eyes. When I looked up in the crowd of people around me, Jasper’s face was nowhere to be seen. I caught his eye, standing in the distance. All I wanted to do was run up and kiss him, but I knew I had to wait. Instead I held his eye, smiled and tried to listen to the people around me.

When I finally made it to Zac, Tom and Jamie, they engulfed me in more hugs.

“We are so proud of you Baby Girl!” They chorused. I laughed as they picked me up and carried me to the car. I was still laughing when they all hopped in.

“What about Jasp-”

“Uhahuhhh.” Zac said shaking his index finger. “We have strict orders from Miss Viv that he is not to see you or you him, especially in your dress, until tonight at formal.”

I frowned and pouted.

“Don’t be like that.” He laughed. “Tom, Jamie and I will take good care of you.”

And that they did. They took me shopping and bought me heaps of new and beautiful things.

With three hours to go, they took me to the hair dresser where I sat and got my hair curled in loose curls for tonight and pinned with pearly pins, to keep it out of my face.

When that was done they took me to Napoleon make-up and sat ever so patiently as I was pampered and transformed into a princess.

By the time we got home, I had just enough time to slip on my ball gown (Shall be described next chapter), put on my diamond and pearl choker necklace and matching bracelet, diamond earrings and of course I had on all the rings from Jasper, they never leave my finger. I put on my black stiletto heels and went out to where the limo was waiting at the bottom of the drive way. Before I got to the bottom I saw Will’s figure leaning against the door with a grin on his face.

“Will!” I yelled excitedly.

“Aly.” He smiled. “You look stunning m’lady.”
I blushed slightly. “Thanks.”

He nodded and opened the door for me.

I got to the Crowne Plaza just in time. It was located on Sydney’s dockside and had a beautiful view of the Harbour. Will opened my door for me and escorted me inside.

He took me around the back and left me there with a bunch of girls from my year.

I found Viv and stuck with her. The boys were in the right wing and the girls the left, until the pairs were announced and we had a debutante like entrance.

“So bitch, who in their right mind would give you the Graduate’s address. You weren’t even good.” Amber sneered.
“Who in their right mind wouldn’t?” Viv responded. “And you’re right, she wasn’t good, she was BRILLIANT!” I laughed and Viv high-fived me.

“Whatever.” She spat. “Can’t wait to see this fail of a date you ‘claim’ you have. He’s probably blind to go out with that.” She motioned to me.

“Bitch please.” Viv responded on my behalf. “She’s gorgeous and unlike you, she doesn’t have to pay people to date them.”
With another high five and round of applause from nearby girls, Amber stormed off face red and livid.

Tonight was going to be interesting.

It was going to be called out in the same order as the Certificate ceremony. I was going to be last.

One by one, the room emptied until I was the only one left.

A stage hand dressed all in black came around the corner and motioned for me to come forward. I smiled at her and took a deep breath.

This is it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG! Yesterday I met Amber Benson and Tyler Posey!!! They were so nice. I got to talk to them for ages and they said I was pretty and they liked my dress XD Amber even hugged me 4 times!! Life = complete X'D haha Oh and of course I got photos, autographs and interviews with them! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 423 59
Valerie Prescott is hot and beautiful. She can pull any guy she want's but lately she doesn't think about boys. She just experienced something that i...
10.1K 371 32
Valentina enters Arbourne School, an elite English boarding academy, with a plan-befriend everyone, fit in, and rule the school. The only thing stand...
70 3 32
"These standards were made decades ago before LGBT became mainstream. I wanna be able to write my own legacy." Jake Xuân is a senior at Ravencrown Ac...
42.8K 854 45
[COMPLETE] ------How do you stay away from someone you live in the same house with?------ Sienna Brown isn't popular. She's never been to a high-scho...