The Woman With An Ice Heart

By euphotheshyintrovert

I looked up to see him looking at me with determination in his eyes. "Valerie, I know that I might never unde... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
chapter four
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven: Part one
Chapter Eleven: Part two
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four

Chapter Five

1.9K 165 34
By euphotheshyintrovert

To all those who saw the error, sorry about that 😂😂. Sent the wrong chapter but it's fixed now, hopefully. There's that chapter that had been skipped♥️

†††††

WTF!!?

Valerie's POV

A bowl of cereal and a twenty minute drive to work later, I was busy looking at the files the accountant had brought, checking to see if things were adding up, because the company was about to get into this big deal with a new company, and the boss had said it was a surprise he was gonna tell us tomorrow.

I loved my work, because it took a lot of my hours without me even realising it. I checked the time and it was actually after lunch hour.

I was about to make a call when I heard a light knock on the door

"Come in"

Lacey came in, her hands behind her back. Lacey was the delivery girl of the company. If there was a personal delivery, she was the one who brought it to you. One problem about her, she's a gossipmonger. She likes meddling into people's personal lives.

"Hey, Vee. I got you a little something from your lover"

What!! Lover?!

I was shocked to see her taking out a bouquet of white roses and there was a box that was wrapped up, making it look like a present.

"I think you're mistaken. These can't be mine"

She smiled

"But they are. The woman who delivered them said that they were for you"

Well, this is quite odd

"Ok? Thanks for this"

She just stood there

"Well, aren't you gonna open it?"

"I will, when I feel like it. Now, please may you leave my office? I've got a lot of things to do"

She was shocked, but she pretended to act like she wasn't affected by my bluntness

"Sure thing, Vee"

As soon as she closed the door, I took the box and opened it. I saw the most beautiful diamond necklace I've ever seen. In fact, I've never seen so much diamond in one place. Who bought this?

When I lifted the necklace, I saw a note in there, and when I read it, I was pissed off.

Hope you like the roses and the necklace. More will come if you agree to go out with me
X

~Max~

I was beyond pissed. He thought some stupid diamonds would make me go to him?!?

I felt so degraded, I was beyond disgusted. He thinks that because he's rich he can get any girl he wants? That's preposterous. That's a bunch of fooey.

I gotta give him a piece of my mind. I packed my purse and went straight to Mason's office. I'm pretty sure that he saw my face and knew at that point that something was wrong

"Hey, Vee. What's wrong?"

I was fuming. I was angry. I was livid. Flabbergasted. I showed him the things Max had given me and the note. Mason now was also filled with rage.
"Who does he think he is?"

"I know right!?! I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind"

He raised his fist in the air.

"You go girl!!!!"

I then remembered my work

"I hadn't finished my work-"

"It's ok, Vee. I'll help you with those. You go and teach that douche a lesson"

I went round his table and hugged him

"You're the best, Mace"

"Anytime, Vee"

I got out of the office and got into my car. It was an eight minute drive to Grant Empire but with the traffic, it ended up being a twenty minute drive. I got out of the car and with roses and the box in hand, I briskly walked in. I got in the elevator and got to his floor. Apparently, there was no one on it.

As I was walking towards his office, I came across this woman in her early twenties.

"Miss Williams, you can't come in here unless-"

"I don't care if I didn't make an appointment. I'm gonna go in."

I walked past her and opened his door. He was talking to an exact replica of him across him. I didn't care about the replica, I'd come here to deal with the douchebag.

"Maxwell Grant!!! What is wrong with you!?!"

I took the now shriveled roses and threw them in his face.

"Do I look like a slut to you, that you buy fancy jewelry for and expect her to jump into bed with you?!?!"

I threw the necklace and it hit his chest.

"I feel so horribly degraded by you, you stupid, egotistical maniac!!!! I don't like you, in fact, I hate you now, with every ounce that is within me."

I was breathing heavily, piercing him with my angry glare. I was thrown over the bridge of my sanity when he smirked at me

"There's a very fine line between love and hate"

I furrowed my brows

"You know what, you're messed up!!!"

I walked out of his office, shaking with rage. I'm pretty sure he'll leave me alone now.

When I got into the car, I let out a ragged sigh. The feeling of being lowered made me think of him, that man who molested me. I quickly forgot about him, and drove back home

As soon as I got home, I made a sandwich. After gobbling it up, I had a shower and went straight to bed

~°~°~°~°

My hands were bound in chains, the chains were bound to the bed. The room was dark and I couldn't see a thing. Just then, the door opened and he came in. The light from outside made him look dangerous. Well, he already was.

His shadow made his way to the bed, and I was super scared. I shook in the bed, desperate to be free. I felt a hand gently hold onto my thigh, caressing it. The feeling was different, it wasn't rough. It was soft.

I still couldn't see anything, and I still shook in the bed, dead scared. Just then, the grip got tight, sharp long nails digging into my thighs. I cried out in pain and I was slapped right across my face

"Shut up, bitch or else you're really gonna get it!!"

I began to cry. I hated feeling useless but I couldn't do anything since I was in chains. He scratched my body with his nails, and I was pretty sure I was gonna have marks all over my skin. He did a lot of things, whipping, flogging, slapping, biting and he was calling me all sorts of names. The experience was beyond painful, it was soul breaking.

As soon as he invaded me, I cried out in pain

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

I was dripping in sweat when I woke up screaming. I was so scared, I had no idea what to do and that made me cry. I was in bed crying when I heard my phone ringing. I took my phone and there was an unknown caller on the other side. I quickly made my self stop crying and I answered the call

"Who's this?"

"Valerie?? Are you ok?"

Damn, it's Max...

"Where did you get my number?"

"Valerie, what's going on?!"

His voice was laced with concern, and that made me burst into tears again.
I cut the call and went to bed, curled up in a ball untill I fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 15.2K 38
Ivy Williams had always aspired to complete her university journey without any interruptions or complications. However, not even two months into her...
294K 24.5K 15
MY Creditor Side Story ပါ။ Parallel Universe သဘောမျိုးပြန်ပြီး Creation လုပ်ထားတာမို့ main story နဲ့ မသက်ဆိုင်ပဲ အရင် character ကို ရသအသစ် တစ်မျိုးနဲ...
2.8M 182K 87
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
562K 30.2K 49
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ☆|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...