The Elites

By -effervescence_

After flying overseas to enroll in a prestigious boarding school, Blake Graham assumes that she can finally c... More

0.0
cast & aesthetics
prologue
(1) number two
(2) chocolat chaud
(3) brûler
(4) homecoming
(5) convergence
(6) cavalier
(7) fête
(8) remède
(9) parisian afternoons
(10) blonde boys
(11) doodles
(12) reine
(13) garçons
(14) étudier
(15) dream
(16) when in rome
(17) la via veneziana
(18) grand canal
(19) fountain
(20) new york, new york
(21) lise
(22) the plaza
(23) breakfast in brooklyn
(24) cars & jets
(25) dance
(26) three
(27) debut
(28) premier amour
(30) blâmer
(31) three days
(32) the morning of
(33) premier rendez-vous
(34) great escape
(35) jouer
(36) piscine
(37) reprimand
(38) contracts & costumes
(39) fin de la lune
(40) sunroom
(41) london
christmas tweets
(42) lumières de londres
(43) an ellington affair
(44) polo
(44.5) merry birthgiving
(45) ciel de nuit
(46) days of january
(47) idiocy & injuries
(48) poison ivy
(49) semaine de la mode
(50) vérité
(51) bon anniversaire
spring grams
(52) kairosclerosis
(53) robes & regret
(54) liberosis
epilogue
final note

(29) ellington

34.7K 1K 1.3K
By -effervescence_

Unedited

Clarks POV

If there was one thing I hated most in the world, it was traveling.

You see, I hate a lot of things. But traveling was a huge pain in the arse, especially overseas. Planes were uncomfortable, stuffy, and boring as hell. Now I may seem like a total douche by saying that, because I literally was stepping off one of my luxury private jets, but I really just don't like flying.

So as I rapidly walked down the stairs of the plane onto the tarmac, I breathed a heavy sigh of relief. Traveling twice overseas in the span of thirteen days is my definition of a true nightmare.

After I was handed my kitschy Louis Vuitton luggage, I made my way to the front of the airport where my ride was supposed to be. And in almost perfect timing, a series of loud honking interrupted the calm environment.

"Hey British Boy!" Kota stuck his whole head out of the window to one of his many cars, his white Range Rover.

I muttered a curse, looking around to see all the airport goers eyes on us. I quickly threw my bags into the trunk, and opened the door to the backseat.

"Welcome back." Nico greeted me from shotgun. Luca was sprawled in the other backseat, half asleep. Jesus, that boy always slept.

"Glad to be back," I quipped, pushing my hand through my hair.

"Nice shoes." Luca murmured sleepily, pointing to my most recent purchase.

"Can you even tell what they are?" I narrowed my eyes at him, his eyes were half shut.

Luca yawned, fully shutting his eyes. "Balenciagas."

I hummed, the boy really knew his shoes, it was like an obsession with him. But Luca was great for shoe advice. And regular advice, I guess.

"How was it?" Nico asked turning towards me, his eyes not visible due to the sunglasses shielding his eyes.

How was it? It was completely confusing.

I participated in the stuffy ball.

I had finally found out why Blake transferred.

I danced around a ballroom like I knew what I was doing.

And I kissed Blake Graham. Or well, Blake Graham kissed me. Well she kissed me first.

I didn't expect anything to happen, hell I was still thoroughly confused about her and Parker's situation. First love my arse.

When Blake first pressed her lips to mine, only shock registered through my mind. She had put the softest of pressure on my lips, and I could barely feel it. But as soon as I had responded it had grown fervent.

Her lips were everywhere, on my jaw, my neck, my ear. And the way her hands pulled at the hair at my nape drove me crazy. But then it suddenly ended. And the way it ended was the worst part.

As we tried to regulate our heavy breathing, Graham looked at me once again, gave me a small smile and reached for the door handle. As entered the room, she turned to bid me goodbye. With a pat on the shoulder and a "Well, thanks for that bud." The door was shut.

That ending led to me whole heartedly believing that it was just because she was drunk, and no feelings contributed whatsoever.

I snapped back to reality as soon as I recalled the less than pleasant ending to yesterday night. "It was fine, I guess."

"Fine?" Kota echoed as he took a sharp left turn, causing me to slam my head against the window. "Whoops." He murmured, chuckling to himself at his rough driving.

"I think the hickey on his neck says otherwise..." Luca chuckled, now fully awake due to the erratic driving.

"No fucking way!" Kota swerved again, this time due to his excitement.

"Seriously? Clark 'terrible at flirting' Ellington actually got some action?" Nico chuckled.

"Who was the unlucky girl?" Luca elbowed me in the side, to which I responded with an elbow back.

"No girl is unlucky if they get to kiss Clark Ellington," Kota jokingly sighed dreamily.

I rolled my eyes at all of them. "Some best friends you lot are. I think I'm just going to keep it to myself."

"No!" Nico yelped, while Kota threatened to swerve the car again if I didn't yield. Luca just chuckled to himself, the look in his eyes telling me he knew.

"Please tell us dearest Clark!"

"Fine," I sighed, "It was Graham."

"Harrison or Blake?" Kota dumbly asked.

"Harris- Obviously Blake you fucking imbecile!"

Another swerve, "No way!"

"Oh my god my dream has finally come true!"

I scoffed, "Your dreams seem to be weird as hell Nico."

"But my dreams got Blake to kiss you!"

Kota interrupted Nico, "But my carefully calculated plans got them t-"

And as Nico and Kota began to argue about what drove the two of us together, I turned to Luca, who was just grinning happily.

"So how did you know?"

"She texted me." Was his simple answer.

Immediately my heart jumped, "What did she say?"

"Not my place to tell,"

"Luca! As my best friend, it's your job to help me!" I begged.

Luca just shook his head, "We helped nudge you two together, now you two need to figure it out yourselves."

The days went by quickly. Soon enough Tuesday was almost over, and Blake was going to arrive. As I left my last period class with Nico by my side, we began to casually talk lowly.

"I'm so psyched that we don't have school tomorrow." Nico was trying to fix his hair as we walked.

"Remind me again as to why we won't have school?"

"The professors need to go over the rest of the semesters class plans or some shit. It's good for us though. Oh! There's gonna be a party."

I tilted my head in his direction, to see he was still trying to fix his hair. "Who's throwing it?"

"Max Whittaker."

Max Whittaker was on the track team and was pretty well known. "In his dorm?"

"Yeah, he figured out security has the night off so almost no adults will be on campus except for at the gates."

Giving Nico and incredulous look, "No fucking way."

"Way."

"I'm down."

"Let me just tell Blake,"

That immediately peaked my interest. "Tell her what?"

Nico feigned an innocent look. "About the party of course. She's getting back in like two hours, and the party is in two hours. Just wanna see if she wants to go."

"Who's picking her up again?"

"Sarah I think."

We continued to converse as we walked, slowly making our way into the lounge. Our conversations always changed direction almost as fast as light, going from parties, to girls, to whose accent was better.

"But Manchester has the greatest of accents!"

I rolled my eyes at him as I swung the door open to the lounge. "Literally, no one has ever said that." I made my way over to the kitchenette, where a bunch of my cookies were hidden. I quickly grabbed one, and turned back to face Nico.

"Manchester is such a lovely place, London is too cliche. And besides, how do you even still have your fucking London accent? You lived there for like three years."

I took a large bite of my cookie, "Four actually."

"Four? That's just as bad! Hand me a cookie would you?" I nodded, and went to pick up another cookie. There were only three people in the world I would share my cookies with. Maybe four now. I handed Nico the cookie.

"Thanks mate. I am so confused as to why you don't talk like that."

"Like what? Like this?" I said the second question with an American accent.

Nico choked on his cookie, "How do you do that?"

"Talk with an American accent? Easy." I continued on with the foreign accent. We then began conversing, trying out different accents until the other two would arrive.

As Nico was horribly failing at doing a Southern American accent, Luca and Kota arrived.

"Hey, nice Russian accent." Luca patted Nico on the back as he threw off his blazer.

"I don't think it was Russian. Maybe Scottish?" Kota suggested, kicking off his shoes.

"I hate all of you." Nico laughed, as the rest of us snickered at him.

I could hear the music from outside. After messing around for a few hours, the four of us had left to get ready. I had thrown on a sweater and jeans before heading out to find the rest of the guys. After regrouping, we made our way over to Max's dorm.

As I pulled the door open, I could feel the bass vibrating. Immediately everyone greeted us, but they still seemed a little weary of us. Why? I have no idea. Did I give a shit? Fuck no.

The four of us usually only socialized with each other, occasionally talking to our teammates. But for now it was only us four, so we grabbed some solo cups and filled it to the brim with whiskey and coke.

We went to a corner of the room and drank, lightly conversing. As we talked, I craned my head in the direction of the door.

"I think we should take a drink every time Clark starts to look for Blake," Kota chuckled, noticing me looking around for the third time.

"Clark looks like a husband who's lost his wife at sea." Nico chuckled, his words become slightly slurred. Nico the good boy was a little bit of a lightweight. But he was an amazing drunk.

"I think it's vice versa Nic," Luca furrowed his brows at Nico who continued to drink from his cup.

"No no, we can do both. We are very accepting here."

As we all chuckled, I took another glance around.

"Drink!" Kota called, catching me. As we all took a drink, I tried to inconspicuously eye the door.

We stayed like that for what seemed like hours, but was probably fifteen minutes.

And as the fifteen minute mark passed, the door opened to reveal Sarah and a grinning Blake Graham.

I saw Blake walk in, and almost immediately the attention switched to her. She was like a magnet, a really famous magnet.

She went around to meet up with her other girl friends. As I went back to horsing around with Kota, Nico, and Luca I tried to switch my focus.

Kota was currently telling us one of his anecdotes from his experience being a male model. "And basically she told me to take off my pants, and I tried telling her, 'Hey lady, you know I'm all for that but not when you have a huge DSLR and lighting surrounding us'. So basically, she wanted me to pose nude for her and when I told he— Blake!"

"Hey guys." She greeted happily.

Luca gave her a side hug, "How was New York?"

"Yeah how was the big apple? Why is it the big apple?" Nico looked thoroughly confused.

"We are so happy to have you back! Oh how we've missed you, some more than other— hey!" Kota screeched as I elbowed him in the stomach.

"I've missed you all too, Kota."

"All of us?" Nico inquired.

Blake's composure stayed cool, like always. She was a really awkward person but she always managed to be effortlessly cool and awkward at the same time. It was mind numbing.

"I guess yeah, but can't say I've missed school."

"Then you should be glad about our day off."

Blake smirked slightly, "I cried tears of joy when Sarah told me about the day off."

"Hey you going sober on us?" Kota pointed to Blake's hands, which I realized one held a solo cup and in the other a coke can.

"Nah, I'm just getting Sarah a drink like the great friend that I am." She laughed, her voice sounding light and airy. She sounded much happier than when she was talking about her breakup, or when she was talking to... Parker. "Well, I should go make my delivery. But I'll see you guys soon." And as she lifted her head to bid her goodbyes, we finally made eye contact. Her light blue eyes holding a hidden emotion, and she gave me the slightest of smiles.

She was so hard to read.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 6 10
Trope: enemies to lovers Two girls meet at an elite English boarding school destined to hate each other. Their families are rivals and the tensions...
10.1K 242 34
Manipulative and calculating, those were what the "ROYALS" were, a group of insanely rich teenagers, who didn't have a care for anyone else but thems...
11.4K 382 32
Valentina enters Arbourne School, an elite English boarding academy, with a plan-befriend everyone, fit in, and rule the school. The only thing stand...
283K 5.7K 51
"Do I make you nervous,Carrington? Because you love to not look me in my eye when I'm talking to you". "Nervous? Baby this is me Turned on". "Well tu...