The Art Of Love-REVAMPED

By pettyspice444

"To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that's everything." -T. Tolis All Ri... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
introduction.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.

ten.

4.8K 413 40
By pettyspice444

Where gold must line her heart.
—————————————————————

"Yo, can you relax? She cool I promise you." Hassan chuckled as him and Harley sat outside of El Maguey, a mexican restaurant.

"I know I'm tryin' it's just my anxiety." Harley sighed as she toyed with her fingers. She had so many thoughts running in her head. Most of them were horrible.

"There she is." Hassan smiled as Devin opened the car door for Monica. She stepped out of the car and walked towards their table.

"I'm so glad y'all sat outside. It's so beautiful today." Monica said as she hugged her brother.

"Yeah Harley wanted to and I couldn't say no." Hassan chuckled as he gave Devin a brotherly handshake.

Monica glanced at Harley who was still sitting down and laughed. "Girl, in this family we hug. Don't be nervous."

Harley laughed as well and stood up. "Sorry."

"It's cool." She said as they gave each other a hug. They sat down across from each other and Hassan rubbed Harley's thigh. Trying to calm her down.

"So Harley, what do you do for a living?" Monica asked.

"I work at a tech company where I develop websites and create logos, business cards, flyers, anything really." She laughed. "We're working on this new department. Marketing. This week we're doing an ad campaign for a big company."

"Really? Which company?"

"Old Navy." She said, making Hassan look over at her with a confused look on his face.

"You didn't tell me about your new department." He said.

"I know. I tried to but you were in a hurry the last time we were on the phone." She told him. He instantly felt bad. There was an awkward silence before Monica spoke up.

"Let's eat, shall we?"

****

"And then one time, Hassan stayed out after the street lights came on and my mama was so pissed." Monica laughed. "She was looking all over the neighborhood for him only to find out that he was on the next block."

"Oh my gosh! What did she do?" Harley laughed as well as she ate a tortilla chip.

"Monica, don't." Hassan said sternly.

"Oh come on Hassan I wanna hear." Harley continued to laugh. Harley and Monica thought the story was funny but Hassan didn't.

"Girl, he got his ass whooped. Butt ass naked!" Monica wiped tears from her eyes as she tried to stop herself from laughing. "You should've seen it. Hassan cried all night."

"Yeah it's time for us to go." Hassan said as he called for the waiter. All three of them were laughing at him.

"Hassan, don't be mad." Harley teased. "I'm good." Hassan mumbled while grabbing his wallet.

"No, I got it." Harley told him before reaching into her purse.

"Naw baby let me get it." Hassan laughed.

"Hassan I-"

"Gosh y'all are just too cute! How 'bout I get it?" Monica chuckled before holding up her wallet.

"Cool wit' me." Hassan shrugged.

"You know what, I like you Harley. We should do this more often."

"I like you too and we should." Harley smiled. She can finally relax knowing that his sister liked her.

"We have a problem." Maxine spoke as she entered Hasani's office. Hasani chuckled as he sat his papers down.

"Well hello to you too." He said as she sat her cellphone in front of him.

"What's this?" He asked as he picked up the phone.

"A picture of Devin, Monica, Hassan and Hassan's new fling, Harley." She said before rolling her eyes.

"His new fling?" He asked as he examined the photo. He never heard Hassan talk about Harley. He was hoping that Hassan and Alexis could get back together.

"Yes. I have a bad feeling about this Hasani. He hasn't called me or stopped by the house in two days. He didn't even come to work today-"

"Baby, relax." He laughed. He hated when she overreacted. Especially over something so small.

"No. Don't tell me to relax. She's bad for him Hasani. I don't like this girl."

"You don't even know her-"

"That's the point. I don't know her but I'm gonna find out everything about her." She smiled before exiting the office. She needed to find some dirt on Harley and soon. Before it's too late.

Harley stood outside her mother's house as she gave Hassan a big hug. She wanted to spend the day with him. But he had work to do.

"I'm sorry. But I know if I don't go to work now, my mama will call the cops and say that I've been kidnapped." He joked.

"I told you it's fine." She giggled as she cupped his chin then gave him a kiss. Juanita opened the front door and saw Harley and Hassan kissing. She cleared her throat loudly, making the both of them jump.

"Hey ma." Harley said slowly as she placed her hair behind her ear.

"Hey. So this is Hassan?" She smiled as she walked down the steps. She was dying to meet the man who kept a smile on her daughter's face.

"Yes. Hassan, this is my mother, Juanita Vega." Harley told him.

"Wait a minute, you own Sweet Pea's right?" Hassan asked her.

"Yeah."

"How did I not know that? Harley's nickname is Sweet Pea so I'm guessing you named the restaurant after her?"

"Yeah. Even though she hates that nickname." Juanita laughed.

"Ms. Vega, I love your restaurant. Your food is amazing."

"Thank you. And please, call me Juanita." She grinned. Harley playfully rolled her eyes as Hassan and Juanita continued to talk. He complimented her restaurant and now Juanita liked him. At first she didn't because of who he was. She didn't like that her daughter's name was in the blogs.

"So, how long have you two been seeing each other? Are y'all together?" She asked them.

"We've been talking for almost a month. And we're getting to know each other." Hassan said as both him and Harley smiled at each other.

"How cute! So, you wanna come in? I made steak fajitas-"

"Hassan actually has to get to work." Harley told her.

"Yeah. Maybe another time?"

"Sure! How 'bout Wednesday?"

"Wednesday is perfect. I get off work at four."

"Perfect. I'll see you Wednesday. It was nice meeting you."

"It was nice meeting you too." He said before he looked over at Harley. "I'll call you later."

"Alright." Harley waved as he got in his car.

"I like him mija." Juanita nudged Harley as Hassan drove down the street. Harley shook her head as they walked up the porch steps.

Vote

Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 51.1K 59
YG and his guys Ace, TeeCee4800 and Slim are too busy to clean up after themselves in their penthouse, so Shonee YG's mother comes over daily to pick...
2.2M 81K 42
After being lied to constantly, hurt repeatedly, and cheated on more times than she can count, Kamille Riley Paige just wants to be loved and appreci...
714K 33.1K 58
Love and everything it comes with. Copyright © 2018 Tee B. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms o...
274K 17.5K 48
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...