The Art Of Love-REVAMPED

By pettyspice444

"To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that's everything." -T. Tolis All Ri... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
introduction.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.

eight.

5.5K 423 103
By pettyspice444

June 2, 2021

Harley stood in front of the full length mirror while examining her outfit of the day once more. Today was Hassan's Fun Without Guns event and she was nervous. She didn't know if it was because she knew his parents were gonna be there or because this was their actual first date as a couple and the press were gonna be there. It was no secret to her that Hassan had been in the blogs countless times. Some articles were about his business and others were about him and one of his flings.

"Girl, you're already late. He's waiting on you." Megan spoke as she stood in the doorway of Harley's bedroom.

"Okay." Harley sighed. "I'm ready. How do I look?"

"For the millionth time, you look fine. Hassan has been blowing up your phone like crazy." She sat the cellphone in front of Harley, showing her countless missed calls and texts.

"Oh God, I'm leaving now." She huffed while grabbing her purse and her phone.

"What? Where are you going?" Juanita asked as she overheard them talking. Her short bob cut was damp as if she had just gotten out of the shower.

"To this event. With her boooo." Megan teased making Harley shoot her a death glare.

"Boo? You have a man?" Juanita asked. Harley hadn't told her mother about Hassan yet because she didn't want to get her hopes up. Her past relationships had been a complete fail and she didn't want to get her mother's hopes up for nothing.

"I'll explain later. Right now I have to go." She told them.

"Relax girl. Take a deep breath. If you need me, I'll be one call away."

"What? You're not coming?" Harley frowned. She needed her best friend for times like this.

"I don't know. I don't wanna go without a date. I'll see." I'll see usually meant no in Megan's book. Carnival rides weren't her thing.

"Alright. I'll see you later."

"Okay have fun! And take pictures!" She yelled out as Harley rushed out of the house. Once she got inside her car, she sent Hassan a message.

To Hassan❤️: I'm sorry. I'm on my way now. 3:37 p.m.

Since the event was downtown, she had no problem getting there. Especially since she lived fifteen minutes away. Hilton Avenue was blocked off for parking for the event so there was a little traffic but Harley didn't mind. She parked a block away from Hilton Avenue before getting out her car. Her phone vibrated in her hand and she knew it was Hassan texting her back.

From Hassan❤️: where are you?
3:59 p.m.

To Hassan❤️: I'm in front of the Starbucks on Pershing Avenue.
3:59 p.m.

From Hassan❤️: stay there. I'm gonna meet you.
4:01 p.m.

To Hassan❤️: alright.
4:01 p.m.

Harley sat at one of the empty tables outside of Starbucks and scrolled through her Instagram feed. A few blogs were posting pictures from the event already. So far, a lot of people had shown up to support. Even a few celebrities.

"Sweet Pea." Hassan called out while walking towards her. Harley giggled and stood up to hug him. She finally realized that he wasn't going to stop calling her by her childhood nickname.

"You look nice." She said while admiring his outfit for the day. He had on a yellow T-shirt with the words 'Fun Without Guns' written in red, True Religion jeans with a red horseshoe on both back pockets, with red sneakers.

"Thanks, so do you. And just so you know, there's a lot of press here and my parents keep asking about you."

"Oh my gosh." She huffed. "Now I'm even more nervous."

"Don't be. I got you." He assured before planting a kiss on her lips. He intertwined his fingers with hers as they crossed the busy street. He continued to look over at her since he knew that she was still nervous.

Once they entered the park, a few eyes were on them. Mostly from people who wanted to take pictures with Hassan.

"Go ahead. I'll be by the cotton candy machine." She told him as a few fans took pictures with him. It was something she had to get used to when they were out in public. Harley saw a sign for funnel cakes before standing in line. She loved funnel cakes. It would always remind her of the time when her mother took her and Harlem to Six Flags for her birthday. That was the first time she had one.

"Can I have a regular funnel cake?" She asked politely once she approached the counter. She wanted to try different flavors but decided against it.

"Five dollars." The woman spoke. Harley quickly pulled out her wallet and reached for the small bill.

"I got it." She heard Hassan's deep voice behind her. Before she could refuse, the cashier already took the five dollar bill from him.

"You didn't have to do that." Harley said before the cashier sat the hot funnel cake in front of her. Harley thanked her before Hassan pulled a piece off for him.

"It's no problem. Whenever you're with me, you don't have to pull out your wallet."

"I don't mind. I like paying for my own things." She shrugged.

"Okay. But it's what a real man does for his woman." He smiled before leaning over and planting a kiss on her cheek. Making her smile.

"For his woman?" She held a shocked expression on her face before nodding her head. "Mmm. Okay. How was the video shoot?"

"Boring. We didn't leave until ten o' clock at night. Then, P wanted to go to the strip club-"

"So your day just consisted of women shaking their asses in your face?"

"No. I didn't go to the strip club. I went home and went to bed. I told you I know-"

"I'm not trying to sound jealous. I was just making conversation. Plus, I might be in the video anyway." She shrugged.

"How?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Because I sent a video of me shaking my ass to P on Instagram."

"Stop playin' with me Harley."

"I'm not-"

"Give me your phone." He said which made her laugh. "I'm kidding Hassan. I would never stoop that low." She giggled before looking up at the Ferris Wheel. "Oooooh! Lets get on that!"

"Naw I'm good." Hassan quickly replied while looking up at the tall Ferris Wheel as well. He didn't want to tell Harley, but he was afraid of heights.

"Please?" She pouted while wrapping her free arm around his waist.

"I have to check on a few things-"

"Really? Okay, I'll go by myself." She told him while placing the remainder of the funnel cake in his hand.

"Wait." He sighed. "I'll go with you."

"Are you sure? I don't wanna pull you away from anything." She said once she stood in line.

"Yes I'm sure." He sighed while looking up at the Ferris Wheel again. It made his stomach drop. They stepped inside the Ferris Wheel cart before sitting down across from each other. The ride operator shut the door and made sure everyone was in safely before starting the ride. Hassan rubbed his sweaty hands on his jeans continuously which gained Harley's attention.

"Are you afraid of heights?" She wondered. He ignored her and tried his best not to look down. They were starting to go higher and higher before the ride stopped.

"What happened?" He panicked.

"People are getting on the ride. Calm down." She giggled and sat next to him.

"I think I'm 'bout to throw up." He said as he looked down at the ground. He was starting to feel dizzy.

"Don't look down. Look at me." Harley instructed as she grabbed his face. Hassan looked at her which made her smile. He enjoyed looking at her smile. Every chance he got, he would make her smile just so he could look at her perfect teeth.

"Harley-" she cut his sentence short by crashing her lips into his. She wanted to take his mind off of the fact that he wasn't on the ground anymore. He smirked before placing his mouth on her neck, causing her to moan in pleasure.

"We should....stop." She breathed out as he continued to lick and suck on her neck. He stopped and stared at her. He didn't want to pressure her into anything. He had became so distracted that he didn't realized that they were moving again.

"I know. I'm always busy and we never spend time together so I got a little carried away." He laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I know so did I. But I liked it. And I can't stop you from making money Hassan. We still FaceTime each other like everyday."

"You say that now. But once you get comfortable don't start goin' off on me because we never spend time together." He joked.

"Well, if you really want to be with me, you would make time out of that busy schedule of yours." She said before the ride operator opened the door. Hassan got out first before helping Harley.

"Such a gentleman." She joked.

"You-"

"Hassan!" His mother called out as she walked towards them. "There you are! C'mon, the press would like to speak with you."

"Okay. Ma, this is Harley. The woman I've been telling you about. Harley, this is my mother, Maxine Forde." Hassan smiled as he introduced the two.

"Hi Mrs. Forde. It's nice to-"

"Sorry, Harley right? Hassan has to take care of business right now." She quickly cut Harley's sentence short before walking away.

"I'm sorry. I'll be right back I promise." He told her before following his mother.

"Sorry, Harley right?" He mocked while looking over at his mother. "What was that?"

"I'm sorry I didn't want to meet one of your groupies. Is that a problem?"

"Yes. Harley's not one of my groupies-"

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"I don't know. We're taking things slow-"

"Oh please Hassan! You? In a relationship? Especially with someone like her?" She laughed.

"You don't know anything about her though."

"Son, her name is Harley and she's not that cute. Alexis is prettier than her. I don't wanna meet her. Now, lets go talk to the press." She said once she spotted the news reporter standing at the front entrance.

***

After spending what felt like hours at Hassan's event, Harley was ready to go. Megan never showed up which left Harley to enjoy the event by herself. She knew Hassan had to entertain the press since it was his event but she still wanted to spend a little time with him. She grabbed her phone out of her purse and shot Hassan a text.

To Hassan❤️: I have to go. But your event was fun. Great turnout.
6:20 p.m.

"Excuse me. You're Harley right?" A woman asked as she stood in front of her. She had a warm, brown tone to the her skin with red faux locs that were wrapped in a tight bun, a gold nose ring, a yellow shirt with the words Fun Without Guns written in red, blue jeans, and red sneakers.

"Yes. Do we know each other?" Harley asked politely.

"No, I'm Monica. Hassan's sister. He told me to come over here and check on you. I've heard so many things about you." Monica smiled at her. She was stunning, just like Hassan described.

"Hopefully good things." She laughed.

"Yes of course! Hassan talks about you all the time." She said which made Harley smile.

"Well that's good."

"Are you about to leave?"

"Yeah. I have a lot of work to do."

"Bummer. Well, we have to do something together. Like go to lunch maybe."

"Sure. I don't mind."

"Great! I'll talk to Hassan about it. It was nice meeting you!" Monica waved before walking away. Harley waved back before she left the park. She needed to get home and finish working on designs for her clients. Usually she was off on weekends but she would never turn down a client who was interested in working with her. She loved making money on her off days.

Angela paced back and forth in the tiny cell as she started to panic. Her hair covered her face and she had bags under her eyes. Her chest heaved up and down as she tried to calm herself down.

No visitation.

No phone calls.

No outside time.

She thought about what she saw on television that made her start to panic.

"This is the first annual Fun Without Guns event created by the Forde family."

Those words replayed over and over in her head. Once she saw her sister, Maxine on the television. She lost it. In all of the twenty-two years she had been locked up, her sister only came to see her ten times. She tried calling her, but she changed her number.

"Fifty days Angela. Fifty fucking days." She said to herself before she took a deep breath.

Fifty days.

Thoughts on Hassan?

Harley?

Maxine?

Monica?

Vote

Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841K 28.9K 37
Dariah-Imani Brown was a regular harlem girl who was sent to live with her brother in LA who she never knew about but when she arrived, there were ma...
1.3M 51K 49
17 year old Kyrah Hart has been bullied since the start of her 9th grade year. Tariq Williams is the one who started it all. How will Kyrah deal with...
1.3M 121K 61
RATHORE In a broken family, every person suffers from his insecurities and guilt. Successful in every field but a big failure when it comes to emoti...
KASHI By stuckinatale

General Fiction

383K 19.1K 42
"So, Mrs. Kashi Abhay Pratap Singh..chalte hai. Goodbye..". Saying this, he left her broken in this world of betrayal. ~~~~~~~~~~ Kashi, a simple gir...