Australia Zoo

By vixen_herron

Okay so here on Wattpad there are barely any stories on the Irwin's and I honestly think that they're underra... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Thank You!

Chapter 9

1.9K 27 27
By vixen_herron

We made it out of the house and started walking around the zoo. It was a little cold because of how early it was in the morning. But I didn't have a major problem with it, I had experienced temperatures much lower back in Texas. It was especially horrible when it snowed. But I saw Robert shivering.

"You're cold?" I asked.

"Very," he said, shaking.

"No way, it's barely cold."

"You come from Texas, so you're experienced with cold weather. I on the other hand, am not very experienced with it. I've never even seen snow," he said, hugging himself.

"Don't you have a hoodie?" I asked.

"I do, but it's back at home. I should have brought it."

"Uhh, aren't there any stores here where you can get merch or something. There's gotta be some hoodies," I asked. 

"Only one's open right now but I don't have any money."

"No problem, I always carry some," I said, scavenging through my pocket.

"Oh, don't bother. I can survive this. And, besides, it's gonna get warmer soon, it's just a wastage of money."

"But you're cold Robert. It's no big deal. Just lead me to the store."

"No, it's fine. Just forget about it."

After quite a bit of convincing he finally agreed to let me buy him a hoodie. As we walked into the store he looked uncomfortable. I knew he didn't like what I was doing but I didn't want him freezing to death.

"You're making a mistake Andrea. You can still back out now," he said in his Australian accent.

"Oh leave it be will you," I said as I made the payment.

After buying it, I handed the hoodie to him. He looked unsure as he put it on. It was only five twenty in the morning and I could understand why it was cold for him.

"Better?" I asked.

"Yeah, thanks," he smiled.

"No problem," I smiled back.

"Come on, let's go see the animals who ruined our sleep first."

"Uh, tigers?" I answered, getting slightly scared.

"Yeah tigers. Okay, I know you're not super confident with animals and everything-" he started.

"How do you know?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yesterday you were uncomfortable near the giraffe."

I was hella embarrassed. Robert noticed it.

"It's no biggie though. Many people are slightly uneasy around animals at the first encounter. But once you get used to them, you'll feel better."

"Tigers first? Are you sure? Isn't that too much of a, uh, well, scary animal to start off with?" I asked, hoping he would change the animal.

"You don't have to worry about anything. I'm your age and nothing has happened to me yet. And I've dealt with them since I was really young even," he said.

"I know, but you have known these animals for so long, I'm pretty sure they're familiar with you now," I replied.

"They're mostly passive. If they do anything, not only me but several other professionals are around to make sure you're safe," he assured me.

"Okay," I forced a smile.

He smiled brightly back and took my hand again. We reached the area where the tigers were. Even after what Robert said, I was still scared enough to wet myself. (im kidding lol) Robert walked ahead of me and knelt down beside the tiger closest to us. (there were a few other people around, talking or interacting with the tigers in some or the other means)

Robert pet the tiger and started talking to it like it were a baby. I immediately got happy. That was so nice. The way he was talking to it was so sweet. And the tiger was actually kinda cute. I saw another tiger without anyone with it. It looked beautiful with the rising sun's rays hitting it's face. It wasn't looking so I decided to take a picture.

(A/N: idk who actually took this picture but all credits to them)

Robert saw me taking the picture and got diverted from the tiger he was petting. 

"Show me," he said, walking up to me.

I did and he gasped.

"That's amazing," he said.

"Thank you," I blushed.

"Wanna go pet it now?" he asked.

"Sure," I nodded.

"Awesome!"

We walked over to the tiger I took a picture of and it looked at us. It was scary but adorable at the same time.

"Slowly put your hand on it," Robert said.

I placed a shaking hand on it and stroked it's furry head. It was so soft.

"Aww," I said, unknowingly.

The tiger closed its eyes as if in pleasure.

"Brilliant Andrea, that's brave of you," Robert said.

"Thank you!" I blushed even harder.

Robert quickly took a picture of a tiger and took my hand again as he led us out of there.

"Where to now? I'll let you decide," Robert said.

"The kangaroos," I replied, jumping up.

Robert laughed. "You're adorable."

I swear to damn god my cheeks must have looked like they had been slapped. I could feel how unimagineably red I was. Robert just called me adorable. 

We walked to the kangaroo area. Okay, these animals were much more cuter. An awe escaped my mouth as soon as I saw them. I didn't look at him but I could feel Robert's smile. When we entered I saw a few zookeepers here and there. But the kangaroos definitely outnumbered the humans.

"Let me take a picture," I said, pointing at a kangaroo that was eating.

Robert nodded. I made sure to not disturb the kangaroo while I took the picture.

The result:

"Awesome," Robert said.

"Thanks," I replied.

"No problem, now come, let's pet them,"he said.

I nodded. 

We walked up to the one I took a picture of and Robert softly pet its head.

The kangaroo, like the tiger, closed its eyes in pleasure. It shook when Robert was done with it.

"You're so gentle with animals," I said in admiration.

"You have to be," he said. "Go on now, pet her," Robert said.

"Okayyy," I said, placing my and on her head. She was really fluffy.

"They're so cute aren't they," he said as he sat down on the grass, rubbing the kangaroo's ear.

"Mhm, you're so lucky you get to do this every single day," I said.

"It is pretty cool I guess," he said.

There was a minute of silence until Robert broke it.

"Come on, we have plenty more animals to see."

"Noo, I don't wanna leave her," I said.

"There are many other cute animals here, you don't wanna miss out on them," Robert chuckled.

"Oh really," I said, standing up. "Like what? A crocodile?" I said sarcastically.

"Exactly," he laughed, taking my hand as he kissed my cheek.

(A/N: okay i know i keep on giving excuses but it's 12:13 am rn and i have school tmrw so i can't type rn. i really want to but i cant. i was gonna make the whole tour day into one chapter but i can't do that now, sorry. :) but i still hope you liked this chapter. we're finally getting somewhere with Andrea and Robert)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.6K 765 40
I do not own Kung Fu Panda. This is simply a fan fiction. This story takes place after Kung Fu Panda 3. When Tigress does a legendary power move to...
292K 4.7K 54
ANNOUNCEMENT: My HTTYD series is currently undergoing revisions. If things change while you are reading, I apologize for the inconvenience. Please ha...
343 12 6
Robert Irwin, the golden boy of Australia. He is on the hunt for something of deeper meaning and connection than what the crocs and other wildlife ha...
3.9K 195 33
This is my first Wattpad story ever. It is probably not my best. This is a Powerpuff girls fanfiction. This is actually my most read story, so thank...