The Art Of Love-REVAMPED

By pettyspice444

"To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that's everything." -T. Tolis All Ri... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
introduction.
one.
two.
three.
four.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.

five.

6.5K 450 29
By pettyspice444

Where everything happens for a reason.

———————————————————————————

     "This is Hot 100.4. I am CMarie." The radio host spoke into the microphone.

     "And I am DJ Tee. Now, we have two special guests in the building. We've been getting so many calls asking about these two gentlemen. So the moment you all have been waiting for, we have Hasani and Hassan Forde in the building!" He said, making Hassan laugh.

     "People been blowing up the radio station huh?" Hasani laughed as well. "Yeah man. Y'all really have caused an impact on a few people."

"That's our purpose." Hassan told him.

     "So, let me ask this, Hassan, what made you want to create a foundation and help the community?"

     "I like helping people. Ever since I was a kid, I would find ways to help the homeless."

     "That's true. One day, I found him in the kitchen making about thirty sandwiches for the homeless folks in our old neighborhood." Hasani said which made everyone laugh.

     "Now, a few people have said that you're only doing this for the money-"

     "Let me stop you right there. To everyone listening, I run a nonprofit organization. I have plenty of sponsors and I take money out of my own pocket to fund my business. Life isn't always about the money. It's about making a difference in the world. And I want to make a difference." Hassan answered honestly. Money wasn't a big focus when it came to his business. His mission was to give back to those in need. Whether it was mentoring young black men, giving food to the homeless, or investing his own money to rebuild the vacant homes in his old neighborhood.

"And how will you be doing that?"

     "Every time you're riding down the street near the Fifth Ward, you see abandoned homes and buildings. The entire scenery changes once you leave Westheimer and head towards the Fifth Ward. It makes you want to turn your car around and go the opposite direction. I plan on changing that. I plan on making the Fifth Ward a safe area."

     "So what about music wise? What will we be seeing from Forde Entertainment in the future?"

     "Oh we have big plans. We have a surprise for everyone June twenty-eighth." Hasani grinned. It was something the city had been waiting for.

"I heard something about a concert. Is that true?"

"Who did you hear that from?" Hasani chuckled.

"You know the city is small. Word travels. So, is it true?"

"You'll just have to wait and see next month." Hassan told her.

     "Well, you heard it here first everyone. Be on the lookout for a big surprise coming from Forde Entertainment. Thanks for coming guys."

"Thanks for having us."

     "And here's a new single from Forde Entertainment's newest artist, Jess Supreme, 'Boss'." CMarie smiled before playing the song. Hassan snatched the headphones from over his ears and stood up. "Don't forget, when you drop that surprise for the world, let us know first." CMarie grinned at the two of them.

     "You have my word. Hot 100.4 is like family to us. Y'all were the first ones who gave me an interview." Hasani told her.

     Hassan's phone rang in his pocket so he quickly removed himself from the conversation. Once he grabbed his phone, he saw Harley's name flash across the screen. "Hello?"

     "Nice interview. Now I'm wondering what this big surprise is." Harley laughed. She listened to the radio interview while on her lunch break. She couldn't believe Hassan was on the radio. Now she wanted to do some research on him and his organization.

     "I'm sorry, but you have to wait and see just like everyone else." He joked. She playfully rolled her eyes as if he could see her.

"What? I thought you shared secrets with me?"

"This is not my secret though. What are you doing Sweet Pea?" He laughed.

     "Nothing. Sitting outside working on a few designs. Enjoying the nice weather while it's here. I told you my nickname and you swore to me that you'd never use it."

"It's cute though. I like it."

"I don't. So could you do me a favor and not call me that?"

"I don't think so. What would you say if I asked you to come to the movies this Saturday?"

"I would say, what movie are we going to see?" She questioned with a huge grin never leaving her face.

"TAG. My sister went to go see it and said it's a good movie."

"Really? Is that the movie about the friends who've been playing tag since they were little kids?" She giggled. "Yeah."

"Okay then, I don't mind. I have to go though. My break is about to be over. I'll call you later?"

"Yeah. Hopefully you'll remember this time." He laughed.

     "That was one time and I was really tired that day." She told him. They would call each other everyday whenever they had some free time but yesterday Harley was too tired from work to return his call.

"Alright. You get a pass. I'll talk to you later." He smiled and hung up.

     "Let me guess, girlfriend?" Hasani questioned as he leaned on the wall behind him. Hassan jumped at the sound of his father's voice. He thought he was alone in the hallway.

     "No. Just a friend." He quickly responded before placing his phone in his pocket.

     "That didn't seem like just a friend. What ever happened to Alexis? Remember her?"

     "How could I forget?" Hassan asked as they entered the elevator. As much as he tried to forget his ex-girlfriend, his parents always reminded him.

     "You still keep in contact with her? You should invite her to our event this weekend."

     "No. After we broke up I blocked her on every social media account I had and changed my number. And what event?"

     "Our Fun Without Guns event is this weekend. Don't tell me you forgot. We've been planning this for a few months now." Hasani said. Hassan completely forgot. He assumed that it was next weekend instead of this upcoming weekend.

"No. I didn't forget." He lied.

"Okay. Well you should invite her."

"We ain't together-"

"But it's a nice look for the press Hassan."

     "The press?" Hassan questioned once they stepped off the elevator. He couldn't believe that his father wanted him to use his ex-girlfriend for the press all because of who her family was. "Are you my Pops or my manager?"

     The Taylor Family were one of the wealthiest families in New York City. Hasani was excited to hear that his son had managed to score the daughter of a billionaire. Everything went well between Alexis and Hassan until she cheated on him. His parents were disappointed by the split. Even his mother thought what Alexis did was a mistake. They were too money hungry to even ask how he felt.

————————————————————————-

     Harley checked the time on her watch and it read 3:32 p.m. It was almost time for her to get off of work. TechCru was a Tech company founded by a Natasha Pierce, a black woman. Harley was excited and inspired. While sitting at her desk, she felt Megan softly tap her shoulder.

     "Yes?" Harley asked, slightly irritated. She was starting to get a headache from all the work she had to do.

     "Damn. Who pissed you off?" Megan scrunched her face up at Harley's attitude.

     "I'm sorry. I had a lot of work today." She sighed. Her hours were usually in the evening and she was fine with that since she was getting paid anyway. The only thing she hated, was that she had to come straight to work after class.

     "I understand. Even though my day was a breeze, I usually have a lot of work. But anyway, I wanted to see if you talked to your little mystery man today." Megan teased.

"He's not my mystery man. But yes, I did talk to him."

     "Well if he's not a mystery, can I know his name? I want to know if he's a killer or not." Megan told her. Every time one of them talked to someone new, they would do their research first before going forward with that person.

     "I'll tell you eventually." Harley laughed while logging off her computer for the day. Although she sat in a chair all day, she was tired. Working in front of a computer screen gave her a headache.

"Are you back talking to Eddie? Because if you are-"

     "I'm not." Harley quickly cut her off before she placed her iPad into her purse.

"Has he been trying to contact you?"

     "Not really. He'll text me and see how I'm doing but that's it. I ignore him every time."

     "You need to block him. Or threaten to tell his wife. With his lying ass." Megan said. Harley felt so stupid for messing with a married man. But she honestly didn't know that he was married with two kids. He never acted like it. Eddie was a pro. He originally lived in Washington D.C. where he lived with his wife. But since he always had meetings in Houston, he had a home there.

     Harley never asked if he was seeing someone else. One time she was so close to asking that he created an argument just so he could change the subject. It wasn't until Megan searched around social media that she found out about the wife and kids.

     Harley quickly broke things off with Eddie but it was too late. He had fallen in love with her. He promised that he would leave his wife but it never happened. Whenever he was in town, he managed to text or call her numerous times to see if she wanted to see him but she politely declined every time. She wanted nothing from him but for him to leave her alone.

Listen, I know I previously said they lived in Atlanta but I changed it so now they live in Houston 😂 forgive me if I mess up any areas, street names, etc. I'll probably use fake street names and stores.

Vote

Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 15.8K 192
Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, became a failure of an idol...
KASHI By stuckinatale

General Fiction

383K 19.1K 42
"So, Mrs. Kashi Abhay Pratap Singh..chalte hai. Goodbye..". Saying this, he left her broken in this world of betrayal. ~~~~~~~~~~ Kashi, a simple gir...
1.9M 72.4K 35
"Everybody's at war with different things, I'm at war with my own heart sometimes." - Tupac Shakur. ******************* August Anthony Alsina or 'LI...
14.6K 719 29
Brittney has been fighting a battle to happiness. When she finally finds that happiness, she has a struggle with holding on to it due to certain obst...