His At First Sight

By goldennng

''Sweetheart you'd do well to listen to me when I say you're mine. Do you understand?'' He said, his eyes fla... More

Important Author's Note
About the book
Cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus chapter #3
Querenica
Bonus Chapter #4
Author's Note
HELLO

Twenty One

47.2K 1.2K 208
By goldennng

His eyes widened and he seemed to be in a trance, not uttering a single word.

"Please say something." I whispered with teary eyes.

His eyes snapped to mine and a smile broke out on his face. "I can't believe I'm going to be a dad." He said softly.

My mood instantly uplifted and I smiled at him. He looked at me and buried his face in my neck. "God. I love you so much." He said.

I couldn't help but giggle. "I love you too." I said. If Antonio was by my side, I knew everything would be fine. I didn't care if I wasn't ready, if I had him, we'd go through everything together.

"When did you find out?" He asked, pulling back.

"This morning." I answered.

"Why'd you wait so long to tell me?" He asked.

I swallowed loudly. "I-I wasn't sure you'd want it."

His whole demeanour changed. "You weren't sure if I'd want my own child?" He asked, sounding hurt.

"I'm sorry, I really am, I didn't know how you'd react...I-I just freaked out." I said, nervously.

"Don't give me excuses, Corina." He said pulling back, I immediately missed the warmth of his arms. "I didn't know that's how you thought of me."

My heart clenched. "Antonio please listen to me. It's not like that." I pleaded, sitting up.

"No. I'm going out." He said, putting on a t shirt.

"No please don't leave." I said, tears gathering in my eyes.

God I don't want to cry again.

"I'll be back late. Don't wait up for me." He said and went out the door.

I buried my head in a pillow and started sobbing. But I knew I was getting what I deserved. I laid there for a while until my sobs died down. I really shouldn't have just assumed that, I know it's my fault. More tears threatened to escape at the thought of Antonio leaving me. I was so tired of crying.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said not getting up.

The door opened and I heard footsteps coming towards me and saw Heath standing in front of me.

"What happened?" He asked, crouching down at my level and wiping my tears with the pad of his thumb.

"I told him." I said.

His eyes widened. "And he left you?"

I shook my head. "He was really happy and he asked why I waited so long to tell him and I told him that I didn't think he'd want it. So he got mad and left." I said quietly as a fresh tear slid down my cheek.

"Hey, he'll come around, I promise." Heath said and he pulled me into his arms.

I let out a sob, resting my head on his shoulder. "It's all my fault." I said, crying.

"Shhh....he shouldn't have left you like this." He said rocking me back and forth.

"How could I think he wouldn't want it?" I said sobbing as my body shook violently.

"Hey, don't cry." He whispered, pulling back and wiping my tears.

I sat there in Heath's arms for a while before I felt my eyes droop and I dozed off.

Antonio's pov

I had just entered the house and was making my way towards our room. I know I got mad at Corina earlier and I know I shouldn't have. She was just scared and freaked out. I regret it but I was hurt just needed to clear my head.

I was in the hallway leading to our room when I saw Heath walk out of it closing the door behind him. My blood started boiling.

"What the fuck were you doing in there?" I asked making my way towards him.

He looked at me. "What you should have been doing." He said and started walking away.

I followed him down to the kitchen.

"Heath, I'm not playing around what the fuck were you doing in there?" I asked, holding his arm in a tight grip.

He yanked his arm out of my hold and glared at me. "Antonio you are such an asshole. You left her when she was in her most vulnerable state. How the fuck could you do that to her huh?" He yelled.

My heart clenched at what he said. In that moment I hated myself for leaving her.

"I get that what she did wasn't the most appropriate thing but come on man. She was so nervous for your reaction, all day and you just leave her like that?" he said shoving my shoulder. I was too focused on his words to even retaliate. He paused and sighed heavily. "You didn't see her Antonio....she was crying so much. I've never seen her like this before. I can't believe you'd just leave her."

"Fuck." I whispered and sat down on the couch nearest to me, burying my face in my hands.

How could I do that to her?

If I could go back in time to change what I did I'd do it in a heartbeat. I should've been there for her wiping her tears instead of Heath. Fuck. I'm such a fucking asshole. I don't deserve her. How could I treat the love of my life like that? She's the only girl that I've loved and who's loved me back, the best thing in my life.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see him giving me a sympathetic look.

"Make it up to her Antonio. She's the best thing that's ever happened to you." He said in a serious voice.

"I know. I love her so much." I whispered and my voice cracked.

He patted my back. "She loves you too."

"God I'm such an asshole." I said sighing.

"Go up to her. She's sleeping right now though." He said and made his way up to his room.

I got up and walked up to our room. I reached the bed and there she lay wrapped up in a blanket. Her cheeks were stained with dry tears and my heart broke at that sight.

I pulled her close to me and rested my forehead on hers. "I love you so much." I whispered to her even though she couldn't hear me. "I'm so damn sorry, baby." I said as I caressed her cheek with the pad of my thumb. I placed a lingering kiss on her forehead and wiped her cheeks.

I laid down pulling her back so it was against my chest draping a leg over hers. I kissed her forehead once more and closed my eyes.
-------------------
I woke up surrounded by Corina's intoxicating scent. I turned her around so she was facing me and gazed at her beauty. Her pink lips were parted as she breathed and her golden hair was sprawled on the pillow. She looked so innocent and pure as she slept soundly.

She slowly opened her eyes and squinted looking up at me.

"Good morning." I said, stroking her cheek.

Her eyes widened as she looked at me and mumbled. "Morning."

We laid there for a while before I broke the silence.

"Baby?" I said, pulling her closer to me.

She hummed in response and looked at me.

I rested my forehead against hers and took a deep breath clenching my eyes shut. When I opened them she was staring at me.

"I'm so fucking sorry." I whispered. "You're the most beautiful thing in my life and I don't deserve you at all but please. Please Corina, please stay with me?" She looked up at me her eyes full of question. "I'm so so sorry for leaving you last night, for not being there for you when you needed me, for not being the one to wipe your tears." I whispered. "I know that leaving you like that was totally wrong but please forgive me baby." I said. "I love you so much. I love being with you, every second I spend with you, I feel like I don't need anything or anyone in life other than you by my side. When you're not around I constantly think about you and how I want to hold you and keep you in my arms forever. Baby please. Please forgive me." I said.

She grabbed my face in her hands and made her look at me. She had tears in her eyes.

"Antonio, I'm sorry." She said, her voice cracking as she huffed and choked on her words. "I'm so sorry for assuming stuff, I really am. I was wrong and I'm really sorry." She paused and took deep breaths to stop tears from escaping. "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. You say you won't let me walk away from you but you don't know how happy it makes me that you won't. I want to be in your arms forever because they make me feel at home.....You don't know how you make me feel about myself Antonio. You make me feel worthy of everything, you make me feel like a queen. So thank you, thank you so much." She said as hot tears fell down her cheeks.

"Shhhh." I said wiping them away and grabbed her face looking into her eyes. "You are a queen. Do you understand me? You're my queen and you always will be. You're my first and last love, my life, you're my whole world. It's you. I love you so damn much." I whispered.

"I love you too, so much" She whispered back as she launched herself in my arms. I buried my face in her neck and she snuggled into me. With her in my arms my heart felt at peace, it was all I needed.
--------------------
Here's the much awaited chapter guys!
Hope you enjoy it:)

Please vote and comment b/c it gives me motivation to keep on writing:) It'll only take a second of your time to click the star at the bottom ⭐️

Love GoldenG

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 54.6K 39
Arianna Rossi, was no stranger to violence. After all she was the daughter of the mighty Lorenzo Rossi, head of the Southern Italian Mafia. Her dad h...
374K 9.2K 61
(My other books are better) 😭) Lelia Malik: a petite girl who was forced to go to Italy from her very very very strict Pathan parents. With her 'fri...
1.8M 57.3K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
274K 7K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...