little lightning bolt ::: j.b...

By sammy_boyo

"i am the fallen princess, scarred and hardened by a war i never asked for, but oh how i melt in your arms an... More

cast
playlist
preview
prologe
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34

18

13.1K 309 101
By sammy_boyo

    It was about 5 am when she got back, the first thing she did was find her old notebook and pen and write out the memory with tons of details. Then she added small things she knew and some questions she had. Bucky gave her that idea when he first found her. Write down anything you remember and try to connect the dots. Just incase you forget again.

    Now it’s time for the second thing.

    “FRIDAY, who and what is a Loki?” Ever sits on her bed, her notebook and pen sitting in front of her. Her back it's killing her.

    “Loki Odinson is a Norse god of Mischief. In 2012 Loki of Asgard came to earth with the Tesseract in an attempt to take over the planet. He is the reason the Avenger assembled in the first place.

    “Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Bruce Banner, Clint Barton, and Thor Odinson of Asgard teamed up to take Loki down. After the battle, which would soon adopt the name ‘The Battle of New York,’ Thor Odinson, Loki’s adoptive brother, took Loki back to Asgard who has not been heard from since.”

    Ever hastley finishes writing all of that down, “So, Thor is Loki’s brother?”

    “Adopted,” FRIDAY clarifies.

    “How much information do you have on Thor?” Ever holds her pen millimeters from the paper, getting ready to start writing again.

    “Thor Odinson, Prince of Asgard, and Rightful Heir to the Throne. In 2011 his father exiled him to Earth to learn humility after he lost his daughter and became, as you would put it, a huge dick-”

    “Wait, wait, wait,” Ever pauses her writing, “You said he lost his daughter? When did that happen?”

    “Thor informed Mr. Rogers in 2012 that his daughter had disappeared from Asgard 59 human years earlier, making that in 1953,” Ever quickly writes that down before letting the information settle in.

    “Did Thor say anything else about his daughter?”

    “Again in 2012 he informed Mr.Stark that after his daughter disappeared, Loki became quiet and reclusive, and that might have been a reason he was acting out,” Ever rolls her eyes.

    “Acting out? That bitch tried to take over a planet!” Ever sighs and falls back on her pillows, sending pain through her bruises.

    “Anything else I should know about Thor and Loki?”

    “Thor last visited Earth in the fight against Ultron, Mr.Starks over intelligent robot that turned on him, and where he claimed Loki was dead,” Evergreen’s heart drops.

    She doesn’t understand why, she can barely remember him, but something inside her wants to cry. Like a child who just lost someone they were close to.

    “Thank you, FRIDAY. Please keep me updated on them,” Evergreen pushes her feelings away and continues to write.

    “Anytime, Miss Evergreen,” With that, everything becomes silents. Ever falls back on her bed again as the sun start to peaks it way into her windows.

    She figures she won’t be getting any sleep and changes into shorts and a sports bra.

    Ever’s back is tense, her tight sports bra pushing into her bruises isn't helping. Evergreen just rolls her shoulders and heads out of her room.

<><><><><>

    The gym is silent, apart from the random loud clanging sound every once in a while.

    Evergreen takes a deep breath before lifting the bar above her eyes and pulling it down to her chest. She breathes out and pushes it up again. Over, and over until she adds more weight.

    245 pounds. Thats a 45, 35, and 20 on each side of the 45 pound bar. That’s quite a bit of weight.

    Ever pushes it up again and grunts, it’s not that it’s too heavy, her back is killing her. That dude really did a number on her.

    “You know,” Natasha’s voice catches Evergreen’s attention, “You shouldn’t be lifting that much without a spotter.” The redhead rolls her eyes and racks the bar.

    “I’m fine,” Ever stands and takes off the 20’s, putting 35’s in their place.

    “What happened there?” Natasha’s muses, tilting her head to the side and motioning to Evergreen’s back.

    “Nonya,” Ever sits back on the bench and starts lifting again, the veins in her hands bulging. The bruises on her arms burning.

    “Hmm,” Natasha hums and walks behind the bench, placing her hand on the bar and pushing down, trying to gain Ever’s full attention. Ever grunts and pushes it up, forcing her to move her hand.

    Evergreen stands quickly, “What’s your problem?” Her voice is clipped but demanding, loud but emotionless.

    “I don’t have a problem,” Natasha’s voice matches Ever’s, “I just want to help you.”

    “Well,” Ever starts to walk away from her and towards the bags, “I don’t need help.”

    “Seems like it,” Natasha rolls her eyes, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Ever wraps her hands slowly, trying to remember how she got the deep scar on her left hand.

    “Yep,” Again, their voices match. Ever throws her fist into the bag, making it swing on it’s metal chain.

    The blonde watches the redhead, the way her muscles move against her bruised back, the speed of her punches, the way she digs her heel into the ground and throws her weight into the punch.

    Evergreen hates Natasha watching her, but she isn’t going to let her know that. It reminds the redhead of her instructor in HYDRA. Just thinking about that evil women pisses Ever off.

    Ever’s punches start getting a greater force behind them as Ever thinks of the women with pale blonde hair and icy blue eyes. Not like Bucky’s blue eyes, a pale, ice blue. The kind that makes you feel like they can see into your soul.

    “What are you thinking about?” Natasha pries, noticing how Ever is creating a divot in the bag, as if the seams are about to bust.

    “That is none of your concern,” Ever pants as she throws another punch, the bag swinging back and forth on its metal chain. She grabs it, steadying the bag and panting. Tears brim her eyes as memories flash in her eyes.

    Ever’s forehead rests against the bag as she blinks, a tear or two sliding down her cheeks.

    She quickly wipes them and starts on the bag again. Every punch is agonizing as her back muscles tighten.

    Evergreen hides her pain well, but Natasha notices how her jaw clenches and her fists tighten with every hit.

    “I’m not mad,” Ever stops the bag from swinging and looks at Natasha, confusion in her gaze, “For when you almost broke my wrist.”

    “Oh,” Ever shrugs and goes back to hitting the bag.

    “I understand what it’s like to not want to remember things,” The gym doors open and in walks Clint. He was going to meet up with Natasha and sparr, but he sees her talking to Ever instead.

    “Hmm,” Evergreen hums, images of the ghost like women flashing in her eyes. Her cruel laughter at the tears in Ever’s eyes. Her pale eyes shining like daggers.

    “So I understand if you don’t want to talk about it,” Natasha empathizes.

    “Talk about what?” Clint pops up on Evergreen’s other side, the first thing he notices are the blues, blacks, and purples intertwining themselves on her back. But he stays silent.

    “Why she doesn’t want help,” Natasha’s eyes find Clint’s, and it seems like they’re communicating without words.

    Ever’s punches start having a bit more force behind them. Why can’t anyone understand that she doesn’t want help?

    Clint notices the anger flaring up in her eyes, “Maybe we shouldn’t press the matter and let her deal with it on her own.”

    “Thank you,” Ever pause for a second to steady the bag, before she is right back at it.

    “Or, she could talk about and we could find out how to make it better,” Natasha pushes, trying to Evergreen to say something about what happened.

    “I’m…” Ever punches the bag again, “Fine.”

    “Sure you are,” Natasha’s emotionless voice is making it worse. The lights above them begin to flicker for a second, but Ever doesn’t notice it. She just punches harder.

    “Maybe we should-” Clint is cut off by the bag splitting open and spilling sand to the floor. Ever starts gasping and falls to the floor, her arms wrapped around her knees and tears spilling over her eyes.

    A sob escapes her lips as the bag becomes forgotten. Clint sits next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, but making sure not to touch her bruises.

    Natasha takes up residence on her other side, leaning her head against Ever’s shoulder.

    Tears drips from Ever’s face as her cries echo in the gym.

<><><><><>

    “-Because his shield is ze size of a dinner plate and he is a idiot,” Evergreen mimics in a crappy Russian accent. She is telling Clint about when she was walking Peter home and Peter was telling her about something called ‘Vine.’

    After her little episode in the gym the morning, the assassins cleaned up the mess and Ever told them about what happened. Not in the city -she didn’t want to say anything about Loki and Thor- a couple weeks back when Ever almost killed Nat. She does feel a bit better.

    “What’s this?” Tony points at the two in disbelief, “A little assassins get together?”

    “Uh,” The two share a look and start laughing again, “We’re just talking about Cap’s old shield.” Ever’s words make Clint start laughing again.

    “Uh huh,” Tony rolls his eyes, “I want you in the lab as soon as possible.” Tony points at Ever before taking off. The redhead just shrugs.

<><><><><>

“I made you something,” Ever sits in Tony’s swivel chair and starts spinning, “You can go ahead and say thank you.”

    “What is it?” Evergreen keeps spinning, her hair flying around her.

    “I figured, since everyone else had a suit, you should too,” Ever slows and turns to see Tony presenting a black and leather spandex suit on a clear mannequin type thing. The suit is like the one from when she fought at the airport. This one is just a bit more high tech. It looks a bit like a more advanced version of Natasha’s.

    “It’s stretchy and easy to move in, yet durable to withstand being sliced or stabbed, is conductible for your lighting, and comes with eight holsters, two on the thighs, two on the hips, two on your lower back, one on your upper back, and one in the front waistband. Also space for extra rounds. Four knives strategically placed on the hips and the thighs,” Tony lists, clearly proud of himself. Ever stands and walks around the suit, “No need to praise me.”

    “I like it,” Ever pokes and prods the suit, accidentally pressing a button that makes the suit go slack and fall to the floor. She jumps back, “What was that?”

    “Makes the suit form to your body type,” Tony picks it up with a sigh, “Just in case you decide to have any lightning babies.” Evergreen chokes on air, her ears blazing.

    “There’s also a built in parachute and heaters,” Tony stares at the suit, as if seeing where he could make it better, “The sleeves also come off.”

    “Thank you, Tony,” Ever’s can't tear her gaze away from the suit, “Truly.”

    “No need to get too excited,” Tony rolls his eyes playfully.

    “Thank you,” Ever’s arms are suddenly around Tony as she squeezes the life out of him.

    “Yo- You’re welcome kid,” Tony awkwardly hugs her back, “But don’t get too attached because you might get an upgrade at any moment.”

<><><><><>

    Evergreen turns her head and stares into the mirror. She was going to try on her suit, but got distracted by the bruises. There are clear handprints on both of her biceps and her back is covered in black and blue.

    Ever hisses when she reaches back to touch it.

    “What happened?” Evergreen jumps at the sound of Bucky’s voice and quickly pulls her sweater down.

    “Nothing,” Ever sighs and picks up her suit, going to hang it in her closet.

    “Let me see,” Bucky moves closer to her and grabs the hem of her shirt, but she quickly slaps at his hands.

    “It’s nothing, Buck,” Ever grabs his hands and looks into his eyes.

    “If it’s nothing, let me see,” Bucky’s voice is stern but soft. Ever huffs and turns around. Bucky lifts the back of her shirt, noting silently that she isn’t wearing a bra, and stares at the bruises.

    “What happened, Buttercup?” It’s a good thing Bucky can’t see the ones on her arms, he’d lose his shit.

    “I got caught in people traffic and tripped,” Evergreen lies, not wanting Bucky to get angry. Bucky can tell she is lying because he knows every little detail about this bitch.

    “Okay, now that we got past the lies,” Bucky’s voice drips with sarcasm, “Tell me what really happened.” Bucky trails a cold finger down her warm back, making Evergreen shiver, first because his hands are fucking cold, and second for obvious reasons, and third because that shit fucking hurts.

    “A guy wouldn’t leave me alone,” Ever pulls her shirt down, “But I took care of it.”

    “Who?” Bucky’s whole demeanor changes. His eyes are dark and his stance is stiff. His voice deepening and become more of a growl.

    “Buck, I took care of it,” Ever places her hands on his cheeks and he subconsciously leans into them, “And he was just some dickhead. But hey I got a memory out of it so…” Evergreen shrugs and walks to her bed, Bucky following closely behind.

    “What was it? Another one from HYDRA?” Bucky sits next to her on the bed and she leans her head on his shoulder.

    “No, from before,” Ever’s voice gets soft, “I think I know who my dad is…”

    “Ever,” Bucky falls back on the bed, pulling Ever with him so her head rests on his chest, “That’s great!”

    “Yeah,” Evergreen’s voice doesn’t sound so enthusiastic.

    “‘What’s the matter? Why aren’t you happy about it?”

    “Because he’s on a different planet, if he’s even alive, and I don’t know if he even remembers me,” Ever sighs and starts tracing random patterns on Bucky’s chest. Her eyelids drooping over her green eyes.

    “I’m sure he does, I don’t know if we can contact him, but I’m sure he remembers you,” Bucky plays with a strand of Ever’s hair.

    “Hmm,” Ever hums and lets her eyes flutter shut for a second. A second turns into a whole nap.

<><><><><><><><>
another update coming soon. so just wait. my updates are out of wack so i'll just update whenever i have time bois.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 100 32
'Kiss me hard before you go. summertime sadness' ~ "breaking up with him has got to be the most hard thing i've eve had to do,but it was also the rig...
10.4K 178 52
Elisabeth, Libby, Rogers, though being younger, always took it upon herself to look after her often sickly elder brother. A fight in an alley brings...
806K 25K 170
Y/N, a telepath with animals and fire user, harbours a terrible secret. She's been working with the Avengers for the last eight months, living off t...
68.8K 1.9K 20
ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴛ [ᴄᴏ·ᴠᴇʀᴛ] ᴀᴅᴊᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ 1. ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇᴀʟᴇᴅ; sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ; ᴅɪsɢᴜɪsᴇᴅ 2. ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ; sʜᴇʟᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ (Y/N) (L/N) was always curious about her parents' job. Oftentimes...