Damaged Beyond Repair [Fruits...

By XxScarletMaidenxX

Another story coming back from my old account... slow updates.... hey look I actually did ...kind of... write... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Fourteen

3.4K 127 54
By XxScarletMaidenxX

~Luna's POV~

"Shigure, they don't have to go, if they don't want to. Give it a rest." I snapped after listening to Kyo and Yuki try to argue with Shigure all morning.

"It's an important family tradition-."

I shot Shigure a glare. He knew Kyo wasn't even allowed to attend the banquet because he was the cat. Why was he being so persistent? Was he really that worried about Akito's wrath if the boys didn't go?

"What are you guys arguing about?" Tohru asked curiously as she poked her head out from the kitchen.

Shigure whined to Tohru, "They say they won't return to the Sohma house for New Years."

"You're a grown man, don't whine!" Kyo snapped his chocolate eyes narrowing into a glare and his vibrant orange hair standing on end like a cats.

"But-."

"I'll make you a deal Shigure." I piped up before they could resume arguing.

Everyone turned to me curiously.

"Let the boys stay home with Tohru for New Years, and I'll go with you." I would not run from Akito. As the protector of the family, it was time for me to stand strong.

"L-Luna?" Shigure gasped, "You haven't been to the New Year's celebration in years."

"I'd say it's a pretty fair compromise then, don't you think?" I noted dryly.

Kyo and Yuki stared at me wide eyed.

"Luna, you don't have to do that." Yuki said softly.

I leaned over the table to ruffle his dark hair, "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. You two make sure to have fun here with Tohru."

The atmosphere felt too heavy. I could see all three of them weighing the options. In the past Akito would have made me suffer, he would have publicly shamed me, but this year was different. This year I had a precious home and loving family I desperately wanted to protect. I chanced a glance at the clock on the wall before turning to Shigure.

"We should be going if we want to arrive on time."

Tohru smiled, "You should all go, family is important."

"It is." I agreed with a small smile, "So you three have fun."

Her blue green eyes welled with tears as she stepped forward and hugged me tightly, "Thank you, Luna."

I hugged her back just as tight, "You're family." I whispered before letting her go and heading upstairs to change for the Banquet.

My heart was pounding in my chest as I reached my room. I felt adrenaline coursing through my veins and a sense of anxiousness I hadn't felt in a long time. It wasn't fear that gripped me, it was closer to excitement. Daring and ready for anything, I quickly changed into a simple black yukata with vibrant orange and red blooms littering the bottom and the sleeves.

Shigure was waiting for me at the top of the stairs looking worried, "Luna-."

"I'm fine."

He smiled softly and gently reached out to brush my hair from my face. "You're so strong, Luna." His dark eyes held my gaze for a long captivating moment before he slowly leaned forward and stole a kiss.

I was strong because of him, because he never gave up on me. No matter how far I'd fall he'd always be there struggling to pick me back up, supporting me and offering me strength. Shigure had saved me time and time again when all I'd wanted to do was give in.

"Because of you." I whispered as I slipped my hand in his, "Let's go."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we arrived I spotted a fifteen year old boy with vibrant white tipped hair with dark roots. He was outside leaning against the gate of the banquet hall. Though it was custom for everyone to dress their best for the banquet he looked like a delinquent in casual grey jeans, a pair of black boots, an oversized light military style jacket in deep green and chunky black leather wristlets. His dark eyes rose as Shigure and I made our way toward the banquet hall.

"Welcome back Shigure-san." His voice was monotone.

"Thanks for coming out here to meet me." Shigure smiled.

"Haru, you need a proper jacket or you're going to catch a cold." I sighed as I caught up to Shigure's long strides.

Haru's eyes widened. "Luna-sama?!"

"Eh? Why does she get a –sama and I only get a –san?" Shigure pouted.

"Everyone holds a deeper respect for Luna than they ever could for you." Hatori's voice sounded from behind us.

"Eh?! Hari, you're so mean." Shigure whined.

I turned to find Hatori dressed in a nice suit watching me with worry filled dark olive green eyes. "Luna, it's been awhile since you've attended the New Year's festivities."

Haru finally recovered from his shock and hugged me from behind. "Luna-sama, you're really talking again."

I smiled softly and reached up to pat him on the head, "Sorry for worrying you, Haru."

I entered the banquet hall and felt a strange sense of empowerment as the room fell to a hush and everyone turned to stare at me in awe. Akito was at the head of the largest table as always and I felt a sense of satisfaction as his eyes grew so wide I was sure they were going to pop.

"Luna?!" Akito leapt to his feet, causing his chair to slide back with a loud scraping sound. The room fell silent.

Strength and determination spurned me forward. I felt empowered, bold, brazen, completely unstoppable as I felt the gazes of all those I wanted to protect. Fire burned within me, a molten rage broiling inside trying to erupt. Shigure, Hatori and Aya attempted to catch me before I could make my way to Akito, but I dodged them swiftly.

As I stalked toward him, an unnatural feral orange glow encased my body illuminating me as I approached him. His dark eyes grew wide and he faltered backward. A small smirk twisted onto my lips as the monster inside of me relished at his fear, he was showing me weakness. There was a collective gasp in the room as I reached Akito's side. The glow vanished leaving my hands in their misshapen clawed form. I could feel a fluffy wolf's tail poking out of my yukata and my ears had shifted into that of a fluffy white wolf's ears. Akito looked mortified.

I offered him my clawed hand with a twisted smile, "Happy New Year, Akito." My eyes flashed, daring him to do something. The monster within me had awoken and was itching to put him in his place. It was time he learned, the guardian wolf was taking her rightful place in the family. He held no power over me anymore.

"Y-you really are a monster." He hissed.

Hatori, Shigure and Aya flinched at his words afraid of the effects they'd have on me. I couldn't help but smirk victoriously at this, "You're right. It takes a monster to stand up to a monster." I challenged him.

His eyes looked ready to bulge out of his head, "You're not even supposed to be here." He was panicking.

"It is you who is not supposed to be here, imposter." I hissed. "Know this, you hold no power over me any longer. I will watch over my family and I will protect them from any threat to their happiness, even if that threat is you, so tread carefully, false-god." With that said I turned on my heel, swatting him in the face with my long snow-white hair.

Shigure, Hatori and Aya were staring at me in awe as I held my head high and walked out of the banquet hall. I heard the pitter patter of little feet behind me and turned in time to catch Kisa as she dove into my arms with a cry.

"Auntie Luna!" She sniffled cutely as she clung to me.

With my heightened sense of hearing thanks to my half-transformation, I could hear Akito throwing his plate and goblet before storming out the back entrance retreating to his chamber in a rage. I held Kisa close. "I'm sorry I wasn't here when you needed me, little one."

"You're here now, that's all that matters." She grinned as I ruffled her hair.

Video- "Under Your Spell" By The Birthday Massacre 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.4K 2.9K 55
❝ 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐎 ❞ ╰┈┈➤ ❃ུ۪ | 𝐒𝐨𝐡𝐦𝐚 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚...
181K 6.6K 41
Mei grew up surrounded by facts, not fiction. Science, not religion. Real life, not some pipe dream fantasy that most others had. Of course it come...
11.9K 179 17
(Fruits Basket Fanfiction)After Tohru tries to convince Akito to break the curse. She falls off a cliff and also loses all of her memories. This incl...
11.3K 641 28
[Under Rewrite] This is book 2 of my on going Fruits Basket series. "Do you really think he would believe your word over my own?" Kenshin asked wicke...