My Neko Soulmate

By LunarLightfoot

Meet Neko. He''s a small and adorable baby boi. Completely ordinary. He has fluffy white hair, a shinning smi... More

Part 1 - It Has Ears...?!
Part 2 - Mr Popular
Part 3 - Friends Request
Part 4 - Delights Cafe
Part 6 - Protective Brother
Part 7 - Clinging To Master
Part 8 - Stuck
Part 9 - Fanboy?
Part 10 - Exchange
Part 11 - An Awkward Feast
Part 12 - Distance
Part 13 - Love Letter
Part 14 - Contact~
Part 15 - Mission: Sleep
Part 16 - A Step Forward
Part 17 - Panic
Part 18 - Confession
Part 19 - Nope!
Part 20 - Hold on!
Part 21 - Hurt
Part 22 - Talk
Part 23 - A Step Closer
Part 24 - Potential
Part 25 - Uriko Ship Club
Part 26 - Nalu Theme Park

Part 5 - Loving Parents?!

69 2 2
By LunarLightfoot

Not sure what it's from but I think it's a pretty accurate representation of the two characters and what their relationship is like. ⬆️

We walked down the street to Neko's house from the cafe. He was right when he said he lived near the lake. It only took like 2 minutes to get there.

"So this is your house? Interesting......." Haruko examined the front of Neko's pretty average house.

"Why do you make it sound like you're planning a mass murder?" I questioned.

"Oh, Uri, I'm always planning a mass murder," he threw his arm around me with a smile.

"... I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that," I assumed he was joking.

"Good call," he replied.

"Neko Nee!! Where have you been?!" a girl suddenly burst out of the house practically in tears.

"I missed you so much! Why didn't you call?! You said you'd be straight home so, when you weren't, I got so worried! I almost asked Riku to go look for you! But I'm so glad you're safe! Don't scare me like that!!" a girl with long white hair ran out and hugged Neko as if he'd been gone for years.

"Eh.... sorry, Mom....." he mentioned as he practically got attacked by the girl.

"Mom....?" I mumbled under my breath.

Oh my god. This explains everything...

"Neko? There you are. You had your mother worried. Where ya been?" a man in a suit came out with dark-reddish hair.

"Mother?!!! Don't make me sound so old, Rin darling!" the girl complained overdramatically.

This is real... people this happy... actually exists....... my mind is blown.

"Sorry if I worried you. I went to the Delights Cafe with Uri senpai and Haru-kun," Neko explained.

"Huh?! You've made friends already?! Oh, that makes me so happy! Would you two like to come in for some food? I'd love to thank you for taking care of my Neko Nee on his first day of school! I was so worried he'd have a hard time," the girl invited us.

"It's not the first time he's ever been to school, love," Rin reminded her.

"I knowww, but still!" Anyana pouted.

"Haha. Well, anyway, I'd love to join you, but I've gotta head back into work. See you tonight, honey," Rin mentioned, kissing the girls cheek then rushing to his car.

"Oh, err, actually... I appreciate the offer, but we should really get back home," I answered, stopping Haruko from saying yes.

"Oh, I see. Well, please feel free to come over any time! Thank you so much for taking care of my Neko!" she bowed down in thanks.

"Um... no problem," I hesitated, not exactly feeling like I deserved a thank you.

All I did was not punch him. Other then that, I haven't exactly been nice to the guy... I guess his parents really do care a lot about him. Wish I could say the same...

Suddenly, I noticed a tall guy standing in the window, looking directly at me from the house.

"Uh..." I gasped, unsure of why he looked like he was trying to set me on fire with his mind.

"I guess I'll see you two tomorrow! Thank you again for the dessert, Haru-kun!" Neko thanked him as we went to leave.

"Hmm? Oh, sure thing," Haruko muttered, raising his hand as a goodbye.

Great. Can we go now?

"Have a nice night, Uri! See you tomorrow!!!" he called as we walked away.

"See ya," I raised my arm without turning back around.

Finally...

"Soooooo... Do you hate me yet?" Haruko grinned.

"Tst. Was that your only motive?" I grunted, referring to his persistence in making Neko not go away.

"Actually, I did this for you," Haruko replied.

"............ What?!" I demanded to know with a narrow, pissed off expression.

"Well, everyone does kind of avoid you in school. It's like you give off this vibe..." he mentioned.

"What kind of vibe?!" I ordered to know with great frustration.

"Like the 'leave me alone or die' kind of vibe," he told me.

"Your point?!" I grumbled.

"Well, somehow, in spite of that, Neko wants to be your friend. He wants to know more about you even if you're a jerk to him. That's pretty impressive if you ask me..." Haruko pointed out.

"Pff. Being so nice despite me being mean to him doesn't make him 'impressive'. It just makes him an idiot. Why would I want someone around me who'd be nice to such a jerk?" I questioned.

"Well, you don't have to be a jerk," Haruko mentioned.

...

"He's just desperate," I muttered, ignoring Haruko's comment.

"Ok, how about a new perspective? Look at this way........... He's cute," Haruko said plainly.

"WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!!" I roared.

"Ah, so you agree?" Haruko smirked.

"Ah! N- ... ugh! Fine! Alright, he may be a little cutsy or whatever but that doesn't change how god damn annoying he is!"

"Because he's so adorable?" Haruko grinned.

"No!!!" I detested.

"What's with your obsession with him? You make it seem like you actually like the guy," I commented.

"Well, I'm not in love with him if that's what you mean. But with a face like that... I wouldn't be against anything... hehehe," Haruko turned creepy.

"Quit it! You're creeping me out!" I yelled.

"There's nothing creepy about sexual attraction, Uri. It's beautiful!" Haruko added.

"Don't you have a girlfriend?!" I reminded him.

"Meh," he shrugged.

"Meh?!"

"We're not exclusive," he informed me.

"Annnnd that's my queue to leave..." I sighed, reaching my drive.

"Haha! Whaaaat? It's the joys of being polygamous~" Haruko smirked.

"Last time I checked, that meant sharing partners, not switching between them!" I argued.

"Hmhm, relax, I'm just joking around. You know I love my girlfriend," Haruko smiled.

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, and thanks for lunch today," Haruko added.

"Yeah, thanks for robbing me," I replied.

"Oh, Uri! Want me to ask for Neko's number for you tomorrow?" he called as I walked up to my door.

"NO!!" I rejected.

"Oh, come on! You actually have a chance with this guy! The least you could do is make the first move," he mentioned.

"I'M NOT GAY!!"

"Well, that's what Lindo said before that nightclub incident. You remember Lindo?" Haruko mentioned a guy who recently graduated from our school.

"Lindo's not gay either!" I detested.

"But £20 is £20. His words, not mine," Haruko grinned.

"Go home!" I yelled.

"You know he's actually pan now? Who'd a thought it after all the smack he used to talk..." Haruko went on as if in his own world.

"I'm closing the door!" I groaned.

"Wait! Look, Uri, you should know... If you can't even ask a guy for his number, you've got no chance with the rulers of this world," Haruko mentioned.

"Grr! Fine! I'll think about it! Goodbye!!" I yelled, slamming the door behind me.

"Hehe," Haruko chuckled to my anger.

...

"Uri, finally got home?" my sister Ellie greeted me.

"Yeah. Sorry, was dad worried?" I asked, putting down my bag.

"No," she replied, walking up to her room.

"... Of course not..." I muttered.

I walked off into the kitchen.

Dad sat at the small table, reading the newspaper with a hot cup of tea next to him.

I walked over to the kettle, turning it on to boil. It already had some water left in it. I got out a mug and added two spoons of sugar and a tea bag.

I stood waiting as the kettle boiled. The noise that vibrated from it was the only sound that reached my ears.

I waited...

......

..........

................

I poured the water into the mug, steam rising from the water as I did. I stirred it and then went to the fridge to get the milk...

No milk... Of course. Think you could have mentioned that before, dad?

"We're out of milk," I told him.

"It's on the list," he returned without looking up from his paper.

He was referring to the shopping list he keeps on the fridge. It's one of the only things on that blank canvas. No pictures, no magnets, no memories at all. Dad doesn't want anything in the house that reminds him of mom... It's been this way since I can remember...

I sighed and grabbed my mug, pouring the liquid down the sink.

I left the mug on the side and walked out.

Ellie wondered in as I left.

"Hey, dad. Did you get the chance the see my report?" she asked.

"Ah, yes, I did. High grades again. I told you you didn't need to worry. Keep up the good work. I'm proud of you," he commented in a tone I could tell was disinterested.

"Thanks! The tutor said..." she went on, telling him about all the praises she'd been given in sixth form.

...

I walked upstairs from leaning by the door...

I opened the door to my room and sat down, logging onto my computer to do some homework.

I guess I should probably explain, huh? You can probably tell our relationship isn't exactly that good. That's the usual atmosphere, by the way. I'm surprised he talked to me at all. We tend to just ignore each other's existence, which I'm completely fine with. His attention means nothing to me. Even Ellie hardly ever gets a reasonable conversation with him. But at least he can still look her in the eye and say crap like 'I'm proud of you". The day I get that is the day I go to hell because honestly, it doesn't even seem like a dream to hear him say that anymore. I'd rather just move out and not have to deal with him altogether. Which I will do as soon as I can get enough money... Which is why it annoys me when Haruko steals it....!

"Ugh. What the hell's an isotope again?" I grumbled, tapping my pencil on my desk in frustration.

Why does Neko get such loving parents? I wish I could even remember the last time my dad smiled at me like that... He's so damn-...! Lucky...

"Grr! Concentrate!"

"Hey, Uri. Dad wants to know what you want from the pizza place," Ellie opened the door to my room.

"The bastard really needs to go shopping... We had take out yesterday too," I complained.

"He's been busy with work," she claimed.

"He was reading a newspaper," I argued.

"If you don't want a take-out, I can ask him for some money so you can go shopping for some real food. But, come on, I wouldn't complain about Pizza," she replied.

"(sigh) I'm too busy right now. Can't you see I'm trying to get this design work done before work? It's due tomorrow, so I gotta finish it..." I sighed in annoyance.

"Oh, you have work today?" She muttered.

"Yeah, at six. I'll be back about 10:15. Just tell dad to leave me some of my usual..." I mumbled.

"Plain cheese??" She asked.

"Hawaiian," I corrected with a grunt.

"Oh. Gotcha," she waved goodbye and shut the door.

I wonder what he's doing right now...

"Gah!! Concentrate, Uri!!"

If you could have any superpower ever.... what would it be? 🤔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.2K 2.7K 23
Killua had no idea why, but he woke up in an alleyway. For some reason his head and backside hurt like crazy, as he went to rub his head he felt some...
50.5K 2.5K 23
Book 01 Yuri didn't know anything else then being dehumanized for being different. A big reason why he moved in with his grandmother, leaving everyth...
1.9K 49 23
πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™Ίπš—πš’πšπš‘πš πšœπšŽπš›πš’πšŽπšœ 01 "You didn't tell me, that you were a Medium." "And you didn't tell me that you were a Werewolf" Caleb Murphy, th...
78.2K 2.2K 15
A love between a wolf and a cat. Natsuki is over protective of his property even if his the alpha of his tribe of the Venom Blood. This black wolves...