Trust & Regret (Asuna and Kaz...

By InanimateTears

I want to do things my way. I want to prevent things from happening to me. Who is he? Who is she? He must be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
*Update and a Tag*
Chapter 10

Chapter 11

1.3K 15 12
By InanimateTears

Long time no chapter~ Sorry about the long wait you guys.

Asuna POV

The next morning I got ready like any other day and walked down the stairs to find my mom at the end of them. She looked up at me, saying nothing. I couldn't tell what she was feeling, so I gave her a soft smile.

It's better to play it safe, I thought.

However, instead of returning the favor, she glanced away. "Asuna, listen-"

"I know mom," I say before she could continue. "I understand, and I apologize for everything that I had said. It was wrong of me wanting to get into adult affairs. I should've known better than to question your actions. I'll stop prying for now on."

She looked back at me. "No, you were also right. We should've let you know about the move. We were caught up in the moment, and didn't think it would matter if we didn't tell you."

From the way she was acting, it wasn't normal. So, my dad actually got to her? That rarely happens.

Her eyes kept glancing every which way, but there were no worried expression. Was it embarrassment? Was she embarrassed because she's owning up to her mistakes? She had never liked being wrong after all.

"What's done is done," I tell her. "There's no going back and that's ok. I can see why you had done it."

Well, not to the full extend but enough to get by for now. She then nodded and told me to have a good day at school. I was taken back, but I smiled anyways and headed to the front door.

"Asuna. I was thinking a little about that project that you're doing. Are you sure you should be meeting up only a few days of knowing the person? Why don't you do some research by yourself first and then meet up?"

Why did I feel like this was going to be brought up?

"I would rather go and get it done with my partner then to guess about what they might do on their own. I don't want my grade to drop because of someone else's mistake. Also, it was my partner's idea that we'd meet up and work on it," I say.

She sighed. "Just make sure you actually work on it and not goof around. I know how teenage girls act. Also, make sure you check in every once in a while."

Once at school, I was taken back by posters and tables set up in the quad. Some tables had many people waiting in a long line, while others didn't have as much. I then realized it was about joining clubs. I then lit up in excitement. What a wonderful way to be more active with the school! Maybe then I won't feel like I don't belong and can learn more things.

I walked past each table, glancing at the signs that had the club names on them. Tea club, book club, writing club, and so much more. Which ones should I sign up for?

"Asuna?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned around to see Rika. "Hey, what's up?"

"Hey," I say back still glancing at the tables. "How many clubs are here?"

There was a moment of silence as she also looked around. "Not much to be completely honest. Maybe around ten or a little more than that. But, I could be wrong."

"Oh, I see." I then looked at her. "What clubs have you joined so far?"

"Me? Well, I joined drama so far, but nothing else. Nothing else is appealing to me."

"Would you liked to look around with me? Maybe you could might find another club you would like," I said.

She smiled and almost answered, however she stopped herself. Her facial expression changed almost immediately to a disgusted look. "Oh, hi Kazuto."

He appeared to my right and smiled. "Yo."

Rika continued to give him a dirty look, even when I said hi back.

"You know what?" She said. "I actually have some books that I need to return to the library. I'll see you later though."

She patted my shoulder and sped away.

I looked at Kazuto. "I'm sorry about that."

"It's not your fault. She is always like that towards me," He said.

I was about to ask why, but he continued talking. "So, you interested in any clubs?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I want to join some, but I don't know which ones."

"Well, what do you like to do?" He asked.

I took a moment to think about what hobbies I enjoy, and came up with one. "I like cooking..."

Then he stared at me.

"W-What?" I said feeling a bit flustered.

"You can cook?"

The way he said it, was like a mix of being surprised and envious. Why? Cooking isn't something uncommon.

"Well, ya."

Kazuto then blinked from his stare and coughed into his fist, glancing away. "Well, there is a cooking club if you are interested in that. They cook a lot of food, and even share food with their friends." He glanced back at me with a small smirk.

Oh, so he thinks because I can cook, that can mean I will for him? Too bad he is wrong. Might as well play if off though.

"That's cool, too bad I don't really know anyone."

He gave a defeated look and sighed.

What an odd thing to do, I thought.

"Anyways, is everything still good for after school?" I asked.

"Ya, I'm still free for the two hours. Good thing too, because I hate late night shifts without a small break from school," He groaned.

"Why don't you ask for different times or a shorter work period?" I asked.

He shrugged. "There is no one to cover me."

I crossed my arms. "If it were me, I would quit if it got in the way of school and sleep. It's not healthy at all."

He glanced away and said, "I wish I could sometimes."

I had signed up for some clubs before heading to class, and Kazuto had followed me around like a lost puppy. Nothing big happened at school, and it went by fairly quickly. By the end of the day, I stood near the entrance of the school waiting for Kazuto.

Of course he would take his time, I thought. Typical.

While waiting, I couldn't help but think of what happened earlier with him and how he was acting. He had stared at me, but not the usual stare guys usually give me, and became upset when I indirectly told him I wasn't going to cook for him. He tried helping me with what clubs I could join. Overall, he is different from most guys that I had met, but then again, he could be hiding his true self from me.

Perhaps, that's the reason he was following me around before we had class. Maybe he is waiting for the moment we are alone. What if that is exactly what today is for? The park is the best place for that to happen in.

I wrapped my arms around my waist as I felt my stomach turn. What if he tries to seclude us somewhere?

What if he tries touching me?

As every thought raced through my mind, the pit in my stomach grew and grew. I can't do this. Not today.

I glanced around to see if he was coming towards me, and I did. I quickly hid behind the gate and peered again to make sure. However, this time I didn't see him. Maybe it was someone else.

I let out a shaky sigh and leaned up against the gate. I need to call my ride to let them know that I'm cancelling after school plans. I fumbled for my phone in my pocket, but couldn't get a grip on it.

"Really? Come on.."

"Asuna," I looked up to see Kazuto, and I shoved the phone back in my pocket. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's nothing," I say quickly. "Something came up. I need to get home. Maybe next time?"

Before he could respond though, I turned the other way and quickly walked away with my hands gripping the bag strap.

I felt like the world was spinning, and that I was going to be sick. I just wanted to get away. Away from him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 202 48
I found a medow of flowers near a river and decided to lay down watching the clouds, they look so real, they are real. At least to me, this all feels...
12K 224 21
Disclaimer: I don't own Sword art online. Real world sometimes unfair, especially if you're powerless. This is the story of Asuna and Kirito as they'...
181K 2.6K 28
After Kirito's Aunt dies in a car accident Kirito and his cousin have to move into their close friend's house, which is hours away from their old hou...
51.8K 1.4K 74
Kazuto Kirigaya and Asuna Yuuki are well known for the love they have for each other. However, the question is, how did that love blossom and turn in...