Heaven and Hell (D.A book 2)...

By wolflover2012

Kylah Banks is not your average girl. Abandoned at an orphanage when she was a baby she found out young that... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Seven

981 51 6
By wolflover2012

I had fun writing this chapter. I hope you ejoy reading it as much as I did writing it. :)

Chapter Seven

I didn’t know what to expect when I walked into the room where I was going to be having dinner with my father. Maybe a table, couple of chairs and a plate of food already served on the table. But no, that wasn’t the case here. Walking into a ball size room that was packed with round dinner tables spread out across the room. Each table had about six seats to them and every one of them was taken. I scanned the room hoping to find a chair that was available but there didn’t seem to be any.

“You sseat issss up the front with your father Manar.” Viper said from behind me.

I scanned the room again not really sure where she meant up the front was. When I noticed a long rectangular table at the other end of the room. Sitting front and center was my father, beside him to the left my half-sister, and Gabe sitting beside her. “Great.” I muttered as I started making my way to the front of the room.

“Oh daughter of mine you’re here at last!” Lucifer said standing from his seat.

“So it would seem.” I muttered as I approached him.

“Well better late than never I suppose.” He said turning away from me and glaring at Viper.

“It’s not her fault I’m late.” I said sighing. “You wanted my hair back to its normal color that takes time. If you wanted me to be all dressed up for dinner then you should have given me some notice.” I said taking the other seat beside him.

“Well someone is in a bad mood.” He said raising an eyebrow at me. I didn’t bother replying instead I rolled my eyes at him before looking out at all the demons sitting at the tables in front of me. Trying my best to avoid looking beside my father, not wanting to see my sister with her hands all over Gabe. Not that I should care. I didn’t not really. Well that’s what I kept trying to tell myself. But the burning sensation in my chest was a sure sign that I was lying to myself. That or I had a really bad case of heart burn.

“Ah here he is.” I heard my father say. “Must be an earth thing, being late. The things I do for you daughter.”

I looked at him knowing I looked confused, I followed his line of sight and watched as Devon made his way through the room. He gave me a smile when he saw that I was looking at him “I decided to allow him to sit with you tonight. After today I figured you could use the support.”

“Really.” I said shaking my head “You think after what you told me about him that I would want him anywhere near me?”

He held up his hand, telling Devon to stop. I watched as the smile on his face disappeared “If you don’t I could always have him hung from the ceiling.” He smiled “He could be tonight’s dinner entertainment.”

My eyes widened not sure if he was joking or not I decided it was best not to find out. I may be angry and hurt by Devon but I wouldn’t want my father to use him as entertainment. “It’s fine.” I said sighing again, this was going to be a long ass dinner. “He can seat next to me.”

“Oh you’re no fun.” He said pouting. Pouting really? The big bad ruler of demons standing in front of said demons was pouting. I shook my head at him not really believing what I had just seen. “You definitely have your mother’s sense of humor.” He muttered. I don’t think he intended for me to hear him. “Uptight Angels.”

“I am nothing like her.” I said clenching my hands into fist, trying my best not to send my own father flying across the room. She may have been an angel but she more evil then any demon in this room. The pain of what she had done to me, by sleeping with the guy I was seeing still cuts me every time I think about her. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t have had to have come down here to Hell where he was then murdered by a guy who wanted me for himself. No I was nothing like my mother.

Devon chose that moment to take the seat beside me. “Hi.” He said softly. I turned my head to glare at him. “I may have allowed you to sit here because I didn’t want you to be part of the dinner entertainment. But that doesn’t mean I want to talk to you.”

“Ok” He said holding his hands out in front of him in surrender.

Short little men, well I think they were men walked up to our tables carrying plates of food. Their head only just reached above the table they were that short. I watched as one placed a plate in front of me. It shook in his hands, I didn’t know if it was because it was heavy or if it was afraid. As soon as the plate touched the table it raced out of the room. “Dergs.” My father said from beside me.

“What?” I asked him, my anger at him from before forgotten.

“They are Dergs.”

“Oh.”

“They don’t have any real power except for speed, and strength, they make excellent servants.” He said as he picked up his glass from the table and took a drink. When he placed the glass back on the table I noticed my half-sister looking at me.

“Pretty exciting isn’t it?” She said to me. Although she was smiling at me, her eyes didn’t show any happiness. I watched her for a moment not sure what I was seeing was right, her smile started to slip off her face and I realized I hadn’t replied.

“Yeah.” I replied because I couldn’t think of anything better to say.

“I’m really glad you are here, I have always wanted a sister.” She reached a hand out and placed it on Gabes, which was sitting on the table “I was just telling Gabe before that we should all get together so we can get to know each other better.” She glanced at our father before looking back at me. “I haven’t really ever had a father either.”

“I think Kylah would prefer just catching up with you Gemma.” Gabe said pulling his hand away from hers. “I really need to go back to my club tomorrow, so you two can catch up while I’m away.”

“Oh but you promised I could go with you to your club.” She said pouting. Not wanting to watch them I turned away and looked down at the plate of food in front of me. I had no idea what it was but deciding eating unknown food was a hell of a lot better than talking to Gemma and Gabe, I picked up my fork, stabbed something that looked like meat with some sort of whitish sauce on it and shoved it into my mouth.

“Mmm” I said once the food touched my tongue the sauce was obviously some sort of mustard sauce. it tasted delicious.

 My father beside me stood, as he banged his fork against his glass. The room suddenly went quiet. “My fellow Demons!”  His voice boomed across the room. “Tonight I bring us all together for a meal, to celebrate the return of my daughter Kylah.” Cheers erupted throughout the room. My father held his hand up to silence them again. “It’s also to celebrate the fact that not long ago I didn’t think I had any children. But now I am an old man with two daughters.” The crowd claps. “So this dinner is in honor of my two beautiful daughters! May they someday become as wicked and evil as I am.” He said holding his glass up smiling widely at everyone in the room.

“Great speech.” I said to him taking a sip from my drink “Very inspirational. A person can only hope to become as evil and wicked as their father.”

He laughed at me slapping me on the shoulder “Dam straight.” He leaned over and put his mouth to my ear “Between you and me though I think your sister has you beat in the evil department. But don’t worry that still leaves wicked for you.”

I couldn’t help the laugh that escaped me “I will try my very best not to let you down.” I said in a sarcastic voice. He winked at me and returned to his dinner. I was about to pick up my glass for a drink when a burst of flames shot up alone the table.

“Oh dear.” My father said raising his hand and extinguishing the flame. “I was afraid this would happen. Gemma dear do you need to go back to your room? Maybe tonight is a little more excitement then you were prepared for.”

My eyes widened as I looked at my sister. She had set the table on fire, but why? One look at her face and I had my answer she was pissed. “No father I don’t want to go back to my room.” She replied her jaw clenched so her words weren’t clear. “What I want.” She said as flames started to sprout on the table once again “Is for you to show me some attention.”

“What are you talking about Gemma, I just gave a toast to you?” He said extinguishing the flames once more.

“No” She said shaking her head back and forth like a crazy women “You toasted her.” She said pointing at me. “You only mentioned me like I was an afterthought.”

“Don’t be ridicules I did no such thing.”

“Are you calling me a liar!” She said standing, raising her voice.

“Gemma, we talked about this. You need to calm down. It’s your demon making you this angry.” Gabe said grabbing her arm. “You have to fight it.”

“Every word out of your mouth is about her” She said pointing at me “How proud you are of her, how wonderful she is. Blah, blah,blah. If she is so great then why doesn’t she ever come here?” She asked my father “Oh sure she’s here now, but that was because you had to send someone to go and get her.”

“Gemma, maybe we should go back to your room. Just until you cool off.” Gabe said interrupting her. “We can talk about this later in your father’s room when you’re not as angry.”

She yanked her arm that he was still holding and turned her back on him to stare at my father who hadn’t moved from his seat. More fires started around the room on the other tables. My father must have seen no point to extinguishing them because he let them be. “How long have I been here?” She asked “How long have I been around and heard nothing except how great she is. What about me? I mean when are you going to love me like you do her?”

“I love you both the same dear.” My father replied my sister turned back to Gabe who was tugging on her arm again.

While she was distracted my father looked at me “This is why she needs you, she is out of control. If she doesn’t get a handle on her demon she will have to be destroyed.”

I frowned at him “Sounds like what she needs is for you to give her some more attention, and maybe stop talking about me so much.”

He rolled his eyes at me “You think if that was all that she needed that I wouldn’t have tried that? This has nothing to do with the way I treat her. I have treated her like a princess since she has arrived. There always something that sets her off. Her food isn’t good enough, her clothes are not the ones she likes. A demon looked at her funny. Seriously he was a demon he looks at everyone funny he has six eyes for god’s sake!” A flame flew across the table between me and my father.

“See! Even now she gets all the attention.” She screams

Having enough of it all I stood up from my seat and face my sister. I looked her dead in the eyes and felt myself enter her head. “You are not feeling angry.” I said pushing my influence onto her. Most demons have this gift but they could only use it on humans. I be different could use it on demons. Although it wasn’t easy. I watched as my sisters faces begin to drain of anger. “You are suddenly feeling tired, why don’t you go back to your room and have a nap?”

“Yes.” She said sounding a little confused “I think I might go back to my room now, I’m suddenly feeling very tired.”

I gave her a sad smile “Good night Gemma. I will see you in the morning.”

“Yes” She said softly before walking away. Gabe followed behind her. When she was half way across the room he turned his back and looked at me. “Thank you” He mouthed at me.

“Wonderful!” My father said gaining my attention. “Now that you are here she now has a chance of beating her demon.”

I looked back at the door that my half-sister had just walked out of and hoped that my father was right. I wasn’t so sure that I could help her defeat it, but I was going to try my hardest to help save her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 511 13
I KNOW THAT ALASTOR IS ACE!!! I DO THESE STORIES STRICTLY FOR FUN AND DO NOT WISH TO DISRESPECT THE ACE COMMUNITY BUT IF YOU AREN'T OK WITH PEOPLE WR...
3.3M 107K 43
Elanor belongs to the Moon Mist pack and is happy going to school, anxiously waiting for her 18th birthday when she'll be able to finally turn into h...
503K 1.2K 3
This book has been removed from Wattpad.
36.8K 975 80
"Look at you, completely at our mercy," Kade sneered. "How does it feel knowing that someone else holds the power, witch?" Kieran added making them l...