Your Fault (Bakugou X Reader)

By BanthaBug

You didn't know that the day you wandered away from your mother was the last time you'd see her. You didn't... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 19

6.5K 234 75
By BanthaBug

You opened your eyes but it seemed as though ink had stained your vision. Obsidian consumed your surrounding in a shrouding darkness. You could feel your hair swinging loosely around your face, arms paralyzed at your sides with iron binding them to the arms of a chair. You couldn't move, each limb feeling as though it weighed a ton alone. The binds almost seemed like overkill. Your mouth hung open loosely, but your couldn't move your lips to speak. Your panic, your fear, trapped within a limp body. 

The steady thump of a heart monitor grounded you, consistent and loud in the silence. It grew faster and faster, the only reflection of your panic. 'I can't see. Why can't I feel my body? Where am I?'

"If you don't calm yourself, I'll be forced to subdue you again." Had you been able, you would've jumped at the sharp, sudden voice.

The darkness shifted about you, swirling and moving. Your eyes followed the motion, the monitor spiking more. It pooled seeming to collapse inward and light trickled into the surroundings. The dark seemed to climb over itself, building up farther and farther until the shadow of a person appeared mere feet away from you. Fusing together, a woman took the figure, stepping from the darkness and facing you. Her skin was a sickly pale tone, violet eyes shown with an odd lack of emotion. Straight black hair laid over her slender shoulders, almost reaching her naval in a braided knot. She wore a pristine white lab coat typical of an evil scientist, beneath it only common clothes. From a pocket on her coat, swung a plastic badge. a code resting beneath a steely- faced photo of her. She seemed to ignore you, peering intensely at the monitor beside you. 

"You're clearly in a panicked state, as to be expected I suppose. But truthfully, if you cannot control yourself, I'll be forced to put you back under. I'm sure you are extremely confused, but cooperation would be best. If you do, I will allow you some motion." 

"Oh don't be so harsh my Love! The girl deserves some slack does she not? She is a tough little cookie after all!" That voice was familiar, in a bitter way. Your eyes didn't move far, finding the rat bastasrd not far from the doctor before you. She smiled fondly at her vermon underlings, pulling pieces from a loath of bread and offering it to them in turn.

"Nezumi! I've told you well more than I should need to! Get those pests out of my lab before they make chew toys of the equipment!" The doctor snapped, sparing an irritated glance at her companion.

"Oh you silly! We both know they won't do anything without my word. At worst they'll leave a few 'samples.'"

"Samples that I will need to clean up. I needn't waste my time on such trivial things if you just obeyed my wishes."

Despite the obvious difference in the two, an odd warmth against cynical cold, they quarreled like an old married couple. They seemed almost enthralled by the battle of words. Your heart slowed, finding some comfort in the familiarity of their argument.

The doctor looked back quickly, grin just slightly when realizing your vitals and proceeded to return to normal. "Ah, I see you've been able to slow your heart rate. Very good. In a few minutes the drug will wear off and you shall regain use of your limbs. Don't bother attempting escape, it won't be possible."

Somehow, you felt you already knew that.  'Who are you? What do you want from me?'

"Your questions will be answered in time. For now, all you must know is to address me as Ryoko. I will return in exactly one hour. Until then, Nezumi will be here to keep watch on you."

And just like that, she turned mechanically and left, shadows seeming to lick and crawl on her heel. Nezumi giggled fondly, waving to her beloved as she vacated the room.

"I told you she was magnificent didn't I? Oh look at how confident and cool she is. Why, it makes me shudder." Nezumi's eyes slid to you, losing no affection as she quickly walked to you.

"You wouldn't know it," She said. "But my lovely Ryoko has been so excited about your arrival! She absolutely adores your quirk, and I adore your spunky personality. You're like our... daughter. Yes that's the word! The perfect culmination of what we both want: power, and personality."

She leaned uncomfortably close to you, lifting your chin so as to examine your face. "Oh dear, you're awfully flushed aren't you. I suppose I'll need to feed you soon then... Did you skip breakfast this morning dear? We've only had you in our company a short while. Of course, maybe you just exhausted yourself in the festival. No matter. I'll take care of you!"

'A short while? What does that mean? A few hours... a day? How long have I been here?!' Your breathing spiked, but you faltered, slowing yourself with a deep draw. Nezumi seemed satisfied, sitting once more among her rats with yet another loath unveiled from within the folds of her billowing skirt. She hummed to herself, seeming to bounce as she moved.

'Is she really a villain? She seems so dull... but then again, she caught me didn't she?'

Your hand twitched gently, drawing your eye suddenly. You looked down at your hand, brow furrowing. Slowly, you moved your fingers, following one after another until you could feel warmth resonate in your palm. Your eyes widened, moving to your other arm and finding the same result. It wasn't much at all, but slowly, movement rushed back to your body.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Irritation felt livid through my veins as I skulked down the hall once more. Red seemed to consume my face warmth through my cheeks. My teeth gnashed together in a stubborn grit as I lowered my head, throwing it up sharply with a cry. "I AM NOT JEALOUS!!!"

The few around me seemed startled enough to run, but no one responded. But (Y/N)'s teasing still echoed in my head. Without intending, a blaze of fury erupted from my palms, illustrating my wild frustration.

"Why the hell am I so worked up?!" I yelled, trying to gauge some response. "This is her fault! I can't focus right now! I just keep seeing her smug little..  arggh! No! I'm not going to fight with her thinking she has some sort of advantage over me!"

My feet hit the ground like cinder blocks, thudding one after another as I returned towards the hall where moments ago she seemed clock and smart. "(Y/N) listen here! I am not jealous and no matter what you think I think I'm-"

I stopped suddenly, turning the corner to find her and seeing nothing. Confusion consumed me, looking back and forth down the halls around me. 'There's only one way to the stands... where did she go?'

I looked over the hall, thinking she might have just blended to air, but she was injured... and her clothes were nowhere. I stepped again, a crinkling throwing me off as I quick retracted my foot. On a small yellow paper, written in neat script, "Borrowed this. Return her later."

Flipping it to and fro, there was signed no name, but on its edge, a familiar faded ribbon laid on the floor. I could feel panic in my chest.

I lifted the ribbon, letting it lay in my palm. "There's no way she would've known I'd come back to find this. But if it fell out of her hair she would've noticed." I looked down the hall in each direction, and yell. "Hey (Y/N)! Get your ass out here! I don't want to hold your stuff for you!"

Silence stretched before me. I grit my teeth. Something was wrong. Clutching the ribbon in my fist, I burrowed in my pocket for my phone, hurriedly opening it to skin through my contacts. Thumbing Deku's name, I waited impatiently for the ringing to give way to a voice.

"Kacchan? Where are you?" He picked up, seeming confused.

"Shut it Deku! Do you know where (Y/N) is?"

"(Y/N)? She should be in the stands by now. She seemed excited to see everyone's matches."

I grit my teeth. "I don't think she made it." I hissed, glancing at the note.

"What are you talking about?" Deku's voice grew more concerned.

"I found a note, and her ribbon was left in the hall on the floor. I was just here. She would have passed me if she was going to the stands."

"Wait, what?! What do you mean? Hold on, I'll try to get a hold of her."

The call clicked off, just like that. A growl echoed from throat as I threw a fist into the wall. I found myself looking at the note again.

Why am I so worried? She can take care of herself, right? Right?

I jumped back as a sharp squeak came from beneath me. Looking down, a rat jumped towards me with a low hiss. I yelped, stumbling back. "What the fuck?!"

It's small teeth clamped against the ribbon, attempting to yank it away. In my surprised, it succeeded. With the ribbon in mouth, it scampered away down the hall. My feet moved instinctively, throwing me in pursuit. "Get back here you little shit!"

It didn't even glance back. Its slick body evaded my grasp. Growing farther and farther down the way, turning abruptly into a door and wiggling beneath it.

I looked at the door, finding the thick door to be one if the maintenance entrances. A heavy lock sat over the lock, but it crumbled like paper before my blow. The door crumpled, allowing me inside easily. The yellow lights if the hall flickered overhead, enough to see the moving rat. It disappeared suddenly into a mass of fur, the moving bodies following closely together. What the hell?!

"Oh thank you baby, I'd hate for her to lose such a valuable piece. Extra bread for you tonight I think!"

A woman, dressed like some party city princess. Her body pinched together like a rats, her whiskers drawn but teeth real. She seemed surprised seeing me, annoyance soon spreading. "Of all people, you must find me. How unfortunate." She muttered.

I looked about her, finding at her feet, a tightly bound figure lying deathly still. "Is that... what did you do to (Y/N)?!"

"Now I find you to be rather nosy now aren't you? Babies, move our guest. I'll care for the complication."

"Like hell you will! You're not taking her anywhere!"

"That's not really up to you, now is it?"

Fire crackled on my palm as the herd of rats scurried away with (Y/N) on their backs. The woman filled the thin hall, cutting me off. "Move unless you wanna be fried!"

"I think not! My darling wife will be furious if I don't bring our prize home! And if that means I must dispose of an obstacle, I suppose I shall."

She lifted a remote towards me, pressing a switch and smirking towards me. I jumped to escape, but the hall was too narrow. My body felt like lead suddenly, dropping to the ground in a numb pile. "What... the... fuck..."

"Oh relax! I can't kill you yet. It would break her heart after all. No. You're destined to die another day. Farewell!"

I wanted to respond, but it was as though I'd been turned to stone. I couldn't move, watching helplessly as she ran away with her disease hounds. Not too long after, footsteps echoed behind me, bringing with them a herd of heroes. "Kacchan! Oh my God, get Recovery Girl! Where's (Y/N)?!"

I watched uselessly, as I was lifted and rushed away from the hall. 'No! I have to follow her! I need to save (Y/N)!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 1.2K 30
๐˜/๐ ๐‹/๐, ๐€ ๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ ๐๐Ž๐‘๐ ๐ˆ๐๐“๐Ž a world where 80% of the human population possesses a super human ability called a 'quirk'. Y/N was specia...
2.2K 100 20
you moved to Japan right after middle school ended, and you decided to go to the top hero school in the country. you were always a bit sassy, yet shy...
73 4 4
โ”Šอ™โœงห–*ยฐเฟ A villain dying from the corruption of the world they followed. You were a villain, killed by All For One for his goal. Ironically, you were...
87.1K 2.6K 33
A MHA x Reader story. You were born with a very unique quirk. A quirk with a lot of mystery. What it lacked in power, it more than made up for in res...