Chapter 14

You clenched a trembling fist and grit your teeth. All you could do was recall the crippling fear their leader had invoked on you. That weakness that leeched your strength away. At least then you were able to somewhat fight back. But now you were injured.

"What the hell are they doing here?" You whispered. "You'd think being blasted to hell would scare you away from crime for good."

"EVERYONE MOVE!!!" One of the men ordered. It was the numbing quirk. "THIS WILL BE EASY IF YOU COOPERATE."

You tried to focus on the table in front of you, but your head swam. Bakugou seemed conflicted across from you, his eyes darting back and forth between the villains and you. It was rare he hesitated, and that worried you even more.

Loud thumps echoed in your ears. Heavy footsteps neared and you could almost feel the ape-ish breath as one of the villains stood in front of you. You didn't look up. Bakugou didn't move either. "Are you two deaf?! Get your asses moving!" He grabbed your arm roughly and you yelped in pain.

Everything threw into motion as instantly fire consumed one half of your assailant. His grip left your arm but Bakugou had launched himself toward the brute. The other two looked your way and you froze. You felt powerless without your quirk. You waited for the fear but it didn't come. You wrapped your hands over your head as the leader approached you. His tone was lulling as he laughed slowly. "Oh how ironic is this?" He teased. "I recognize this little bitch!"

You flinched, fearful of opening your eyes. "How can you tell boss?" The other brute asked.

You heard Bakugou cry out, a horrifying shriek. Your eyes flew open and you looked at him, but it was a trap. Bakugou was ensnared by the leader's quirk, deaf to reason and reality. The leader took your chin and forced you to look at him. His grin was cruel and familiar. "Never thought a weak girl like you would take out any villains."

"Leave him alone." You ordered, voice however shaking. "He has nothing to do with this."

"Sure he does. He is a hostage after all." Bakugou began to pant heavily, his breath frighteningly fast. You kept looked at him as the leader cackled. For someone so frail, he was dangerous.

"Please! Just stop!" You begged.

"Make me!" He retorted fiercely, challenging you bluntly.

The other hostages watched you with fading hope. Cool sweat dripped down your brow as you tried to use your quirk, but even the thought sent pain rippling through you. You cried out in pain, not even a single plate of iron appearing. The villain cocked his head to the side and grinned. "What? Is little miss hero having trouble with her quirk?"

"Please let them go." You pled through the pain. "These people haven't done anything."

"I don't care if they have or not. I've gotta make a living somehow." He said.

Bakugou screamed again and you flinched away. The man started to laugh once more before stopping abruptly at your will. You couldn't use your quirk, but a few injuries wasn't going to stop you from fighting him physically. "Stop!" You ordered.

He coughed as you drove your shoulder into his abdomen and tackled him to the ground. As he laid in a daze you took advantage and wrapped around his back, locking your legs around his neck in a strong chokehold. His hands clawed at your legs as his brutes rushed towards you. Bakugou silenced and you released a held breath. You'd distracted him enough to nullify his quirk, even if just for a moment.

The two brutes both took hold you, trying to pry you away. "Get out of here!" You yelled at the stunned customers. "The heroes are on the way."

They startled to scramble away and the leader try to gasp an order but you held his breath captive. "Let go you crazy brat!" Numby yelled as he took your hair in two fistfuls. You winced as chunks of hair ripped from your skull in knots but you didn't let go. Bakugou was still a few feet away, not yet conscious of the situation.