Why the Straight One? | Book...

Autorstwa -leavemetodream-

Why the Straight One? Or, my struggle with being gay and married to a totally straight prince. Yeah, you gu... Więcej

Character Aesthetics
Entry 1 - Unrequited Love
Entry 2 - That Letter
Entry 3 - Elliot
Entry 4 - Brothers
Entry 5 - Alan
Entry 6 - First "Date"
Entry 7 - Skittles
Entry 8 - Humor is Essential
Entry 9 - Just Imagine This Working if I Was As Boring As Him
Entry 10 - Your Typical Wedding Night
Entry 11 - More Than Meets the Eye
Entry 12 - It Can't All Be Fun and Games
Entry 13 - Traitors and Cheats
Entry 14 - Strange Night and Stranger Morning
Entry 15 - Way to Make Things Awkward
Entry 16 - Making Plans and Eaves Dropping
Entry 17 - Confusing Emotions
Entry 18 - Harsh Greetings and Strange Confrontation
Entry 19 - "So You're Basically An Idiot."
Entry 20 - "Next Time I'll Just Slap You."
Entry 21 - The Day Before
Entry 22 - Vows and Shots
Entry 23 - "Leave Me Here To Die."
Entry 24 - "You Sound Like My Dad!"
Entry 25 - Unexpected Discoveries
Entry 26 - "You're So Goddamn Confusing!"
Entry 27 - "Will I Be Scarred For Life?"
Entry 28 - Let's Just Say That This Didn't Go As Planned
Entry 29 - No Reason To Stay
Entry 30 - "Stop Laughing At Me!"
Entry 31 - "Are You Blackmailing Me?"
Entry 32 - Should've Gotten His Number
Entry 33 - Impeccable Timing
Entry 34 - Just In Case
Entry 35 - It's A Bet
Excerpt 1
Entry 36 - Go Find Your Man
Entry 37 - I Never Did Get That Information
Entry 38 - A Step Forward
Entry 40 - Just Like A Couple
Entry 41 - Home For Christmas
Entry 42 - Separate Rooms
Entry 43 - I Ship It
Entry 44 - Patience and I Don't Get Along
Excerpt 2
Excerpt 3
Excerpt 4
Entry 45 - Flares
Entry 46 - Feelings Get Involved
Entry 47 - I Don't Always Do the Smartest Things
Excerpt 5
Character Q and A: Answers
Entry 48 - Silence
Excerpt 6
Entry 49 - Raymond's Narrative
Excerpt 7
Entry 50 - A Whole New Side
Entry 51 - Of Elliot
Entry 52 - Old Promises and Angry Outbursts
Excerpt 8
Excerpt 9
Epilogue
Important Announcement!

Entry 39 - "And the Top Is..."

23K 1K 135
Autorstwa -leavemetodream-

Hello guys! So sorry for the late update. I just wanted to inform you guys that this is pan-panda_india and for some reasons Carolyn is going to be off wattpad for a while so I will be writing the next chapters for WTSO. I hope you guys enjoy reading it :)

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

It all felt like a dream. It was too good to be true. The way things changed around made me feel as though it couldn't be real. Thomas was being open and affectionate and I felt like I was over the moon. Things that happened recently kept swirling around in my mind. I remembered how close we sat when listening to his favorite songs and how his dark eyes would light up whenever he made me listen to the songs he loved.

His warmth radiating off of him and how he looked so excited just to be sharing his music with me. It was like he was showing me a part of him that wasn't accessible to anyone else but me. I felt happy.

Cam barged into my room without any qualms about it and I sat up straight.

"Hello!" He chirped and I raised an eyebrow.

I wanted to ask him about Jay and what happened but I didn't want intrude because of how Jay had reacted when Cam cried yesterday.

"How did it go with Jay?" I ask.

"Great," He sighs dreamily.

"I would have smacked you in the head if you had screwed this up."

"Ooh, scary." He says sarcastically so I hit him on the head.

"Think before you try me, bitch."  I say a little too excited which results with a pillow thrown at my face,

"That hurt, Alex!" he whines.

"Did you find out?" I ask leaning in closer trying to get the answer to my doubts about Cole and Raymond.

"Of course, I did." He says, "Aaaaanddd the top is....... Cole."

I gape at him because I mean, I won the bet, obviously but it's still kinda surprising.

"I can't believe you asked Cole." I shake my head, "I mean I am not surprised considering how you have zero shame but I still find it hard to believe."

He narrows his eyes at me,

"I can't believe that you made me do this for free."  He says, "Why did I even help you out? I should have let suffer from curiosity."

I place a hand over my heart and say,

"You did this because of our friendship, of course and technically you didn't do this for free. You asked me about the time I had a crush on Jay."

He scoffs. I am about to ask him about Jay even though I'm sure I wouldn't get a serious answer from Cam. I hear the door open and see Thomas coming in and I smile,

"I won the bet!" I grin victoriously and smug, "Pay up!"

Cam looks amused and Thomas shakes his head like he usually does when thinks I am being childish. Whatever, I'd rather be childish.

"Like I would believe you." Thomas says and I frown, "There's no way Raymond is a bottom."

"Cam asked Cole about it." I say.

Thomas looks shocked that Cam actually asked him. I admire Cam's directness sometimes.

"Pay up now, Tommy."

He cocks his head to side and stares at me a little. He looks so adorable!

"I am gonna go." Cam says, "Wouldn't want to disturb you love birds."

Thomas blushes a little and I do too. Cam skips out of the room. I mean, seriously skips out like he's really happy and I so wish it's actually because of Jay.

"You should know that I don't really carry money with me in the palace. I don't need to."

I bite my lip and say,

"How about a different payment?"

God knows why I feel so confident. I waggle my eyebrows suggestively and Thomas fumbles a little but he catches on. His cheeks flush and he looks everywhere but me. But he does relent finally.

He leans in and cups my cheek. The gentle grip on my cheeks make me weak in the knees but his intense stare is dizzying. He presses a gentle kiss on my lips. I feel over the moon because every time Thomas makes the first move, it makes me feel ecstatic. 

When he pulls away I am a little annoyed because I wanted more but it was such a gentle kiss that I feel my heart soar.

"Oh, hey." I hear Jay say and I sigh, "Sorry guys, I am interrupting. I will come back."

This is Jay. I can't be mad at him even if I tried. I step away from Thomas a little frustrated, embarrassed and annoyed. Thomas looks away and he nods at Jay.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He asks the quest directed at me.

"Yeah, sure, what is it?"

Thomas says something about letting us talk and he leaves because he doesn't want to intrude,

"I'm sorry, Alex." He says again with sincerity, "I didn't know you were here with Thomas. I messed up your moment."

"You actually missed Cam by a few seconds." I say, "Were you looking for him?"

"No, I saw him go. I was looking for you."

"Me?"

He nods,

"I wanted to thank you."  He smiles a little, "for talking some sense into Cam."

I shake my head and mumble something and he says,

"If it wasn't for you he would have never even looked my way in that way."

"How did it go, then?"

Jay chuckles a little,

"You know you are being nosy but if it wasn't you being nosy Cam still wouldn't have see how I felt for him so I am gonna tell you," He sighs, "We talked it out. I told him how I had liked him for so long and all that."

"How did he react?"

"He was skeptical at first and then he was angry that I didn't tell him." Jay wraps his arms around himself, "I really mean it. Thank you for making him see."

"Well, prove him wrong. Make him see that relationships can last."

Cam and Jay would look so cute together! Okay, I'm sidetracking.

"Thank you, Alex."

"You need to stop thanking me and give me the details."

"A gentleman never kisses and tells, Alex." He says and I gasp,

"You guys are so cute!"

Jay rarely is outgoing and talkative but only Cameron can bring him out of his shell. That's exactly why they are perfect for each other. He deserves to be happy after all he has gone through. They both deserve a relationship that lasts. They haven't seen an ideal relationship in their own parents' lives but I hope this makes them see how they can be the ideal couple.

Jay talks with me for a while and seriously, the guy needs to stop thanking me. I walk out and everything feels better but everything isn't better, right? Elliot is still there and I need to get him out. I think of ways and I remember how the queen sounded so broken when she had uttered Elliot's name. All the plans I come up with seems impractical and childish.

Have I told you how boring it is to be in the palace? I mean, I thought it would be so fun and shit like that but now I feel so bored. To be wandering around the palace for the entire day without having anything to do. I hadn't done anything fun in quite a while and Thomas was always busy.

I don't see Thomas for a while and I pout at the way we were interrupted. I feel like we have been making progress. Thomas didn't make a face when I called him Tommy.

"What are you pouting about?" I hear Thomas' voice ask and I smile unknowingly.

"I'm not pouting."  I say.

I love it when he gets playful. He doesn't seem like the tightwad I married. I don't know if I already mentioned it but his eyes are so dreamy. God, he has the prettiest brown eyes ever.

"You didn't really pay my win. I won the bet!"

"Has anyone told you that you are a sore winner?"

"That's what losers would say." I retort.

There's a doubt in his eyes and I wonder if I pushed him too much. There's always a limit to what a person wants to do and I am about to tell him that he doesn't need to do anything he isn't comfortable with but he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. His hands are shaking a tiny bit and I want assure him that it's fine if he doesn't want to,

"Tommy, you don-"

This time his grip isn't gentle. He kisses me firmly with a purpose and bites my bottom lip and my hands find their way into his hair. There is  stutter in his moments but I don't lead the kiss because I want him to be comfortable because he still seems a little out of his comfort zone. I have to tilt my head up since he is taller than me and he holds my hips in place and brings the hands to my neck. After a little while he pulls away breathless and I look up at him.

There's a pause. I don't know what to say and he's still breathing a little heavily,

"So, um, you said you had some more songs you wanted me to listen." I say.

It's like he is happy that I changed the subject but I know that it's hard for him to change so quickly but I am proud of the progress we are making however little it may be.

His eyes light up and he pulls me down to the couch and skims through his playlist and the music slowly plays and I notice how his arms are around me and our sides are pressed together and I smile.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

147K 7.8K 28
"I can't grow to love you. I'm sorry, but you will always be a second choice to me." ... "You can't last a single day on the battlefield, and you won...
229 4 3
1.2K 32 60
Book 1 (A series of beauty) It's simple, a love story. All over the place. (: WARNING: IF YOU DO NOT APPROVE OF SAME-SEX INTERACTION THEN PLEASE MOV...
8.8K 650 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...