Høød ➵ Lord Of The Rings

By chocoIate

You've undoubtedly heard the tale of Robin Hood, but what if I was to tell you they got it all wrong? First o... More

Intrødüctiøn
➶ prøløgüe
† Chp. I †
† Chp. II †
† Chp. III †
† Chp. IV †
† Chp. V †
† Chp. VI †
† Chp. VII †
† Chp. VIII †
† Chp. IX †
† Chp. X †
† Chp. XI †
† Chp. XII †
† Chp. XIII †
† Chp. XIV †
† Chp. XV †
† Chp. XVI †
† Chp. XVII †
† Chp. XVIII †
† Chp. XIX †
† Chp. XX †
† Chp. XXI †
† Chp. XXII †
† Chp. XXIII †
† Chp. XXIV †
† Chp. XXV †
† Chp. XXVI †
† Chp. XXVII †
† Chp. XXVIII †
† Chp. XXIX †
† Chp. XXX †
† Chp. XXXI †
† Chp. XXXII †
† Chp. XXXIII †
† Chp. XXXIV †
† Chp. XXXV †
† Chp. XXXVI †
† Chp. XXXVII †
† Chp. XXXVIII †
† Chp. XL †
† Chp. XLI †
† Chp. XLII †
† Chp. XLIII †
† Chp. XLIV †
† Chp. XLV †
† Chp. XLVI †
† Chp. XLVII †
† Chp. XLVIII †
† Chp. XLIX †
† Chp. L †
† Chp. LI †
† Chp. LII †
† Chp. LIII †
† Chp. LIV †
epiløgüe ➴
suprise bitcheś
100k Special!

† Chp. XXXIX †

5.6K 243 16
By chocoIate

† Chp. XXXIX

___

She was 16 years old when she conducted her first successful raid.

"Holy mother of Valar." Eretria muttered, laying eyes upon the decent mounds of fortune which lay before the two. She then shifted her gaze back towards the unconscious guard who Eomer had seemed to take out in a single hit. "How long do you think he will be out for?"

"Enough time for us to fill that bag and leave this room. That is unless you decide to take your time." Eomer stated, taking a step towards the gold mine.

"So, in other words, let's make this fast." Eretria snorted with a shrug of her shoulders, removing the sack from beneath her shirt.

They chose a low scale city within the borders of Rhovanian to conduct their robbery, and although rather minor in significance, the place had good fortune. All it took was an unsatisfied ground guard and the bribe of a small bag of coins to earn directions. And upon reaching the strong hold, a swing by Eomer proved to work as an effective sleep inducer.

It did not take long for the sack to become heavy with treasure, and Eretria slung it over her shoulder, rattling as her palm met with Eomer's in a successful high-five. Large grins adorned their beaming faces, and they strode towards the exit, their spirits high with the great achievement.

Keeping clear of any bustle, the two teenagers kept to the borders of the city. With a strong heave, Eomer tossed the sack over the spiked wooden barrier, only after making sure no souls were in sight. When they exited back through the front entrance, after freely strolling the cobble walkways, the guards had no suspicions, even with their hoods raised.

"Well that was... uh..."

"Easy?" Eretria answered as Eomer grabbed for the right word.

"Too easy." The boy remarked, and his companion nodded in reply.

"I was expecting a guard chase at the least. It almost feels as though we haven't just robbed a city." Eretria continued.

"Well by the weight of this bag, you certainly have!"

The two grinned wildly at the sight of Eowyn who stepped from behind a tree, the fat sack triumphantly gripped in her hand. With wide eyes, Eretria swiftly looked over her shoulder, checking in the case they had been pursued.

"No need to worry, there seemed to be no commotion from what I could see. Besides, with the cover of the forest, we are near to hidden." Eowyn stated. From her position upon the branch of a high tree, the young lady had a decent view of the city's East, and knew exactly where the sack fell. "Aren't I just a genius when it comes to devising plots?"

"I never doubted you for a second, Chook." Eretria responded, lightly patting her friend's shoulder and earning a chuckle from Eomer.

"Good thing there are no chickens about." The young man added on, much to an unimpressed Eowyn's distaste.

With bounced steps and high chins, the three teenagers navigated themselves through the forest and towards their steeds, beaming at their first successful robbery.

And rather chuffed the teenagers were, for upon arriving back in Rohan, the three made sure to acknowledge their well earned success.

Silver flasks of fine whiskey in hand, the trio celebrated their triumph with the setting sun. Upon a raised mound of dry grass they sat, observing the comforting view of Edoras before the fiery canvas of the sky. Their high spirits flew across the roaring fields in which the three had grown to call home.

"Here's to robbing from the rich to feed the poor!" Eretria announced, standing to her feet and raising her flask. The other two raised their whisky, large grins adorning their light faces.

"And here's to Eomer succeeding at something." Eowyn added with a cheeky grin.

"Aye, I can drink to that." The young man chuckled, taking a swig of his flask.

Eretria lifted her chin and downed a chug of the burning liquid. Her expression contorted into a grimace at the incredibly strong taste, let alone the sensation of drinking fire, for it was her first time tasting alcohol. Eomer had insisted on whiskey to celebrate.

"Disgusting." She coughed, lowering her head to view the young man's lifted brow. "Love it."

And as the sun set, the city of Edoras sat unaware to the three teenagers who gathered in the distance of the vast plains, three steeds and a sack of treasure by their sides.

"Oh! I made some apple-tart!" Eowyn gasped, stumbling over to retrieve her 'delicacies' from the pouch of her bag. Eretria looked to Eomer with wide eyes.

"Do try some!" The lady of Rohan insisted, after a good while of thumbling through her leather pouch.

"Eomer told me he is hungry." Eretria remarked with a slight slur and a hiccup.

"Ladies first." Eomer replied, his body holding the liquor rather well.

Eowyn giggled, tripping over to the young girl and sitting upon her lap. Eretria struggled beneath her weight, although Eowyn presumed to straddle the outlaw, lifting an apple-tart to her sealed mouth.

"Open wide honey bear!" The blonde girl order in a sweet mock, her rosy cheeks lifting to a toothy grin.

"Never! I will not give in to this evil witcher-"

Eretria was cut off by the bitter pastry being stuffed into her mouth. She spat, and unknowingly heaved Eowyn from a top her lap. The lady of Rohan proceeded to roll down the hill.

"Ahh!" She squealed, her calls muffled by the dry grass. Eretria giggled, followed by a hiccup, then dropped to the ground and rolled behind her friend.

Loud chuckles echoed throughout the field as the two teenagers hurled into one another reaching the foot of the small hill, Eretria's flask still gripped tight in her hand. She took a final swig, emptying the silver, before beaming up at Eomer.

"Come on Little John, join the party!"

The young man had earned the nickname due to looking much like Eretria's old trainer.

And before they knew it, the two girls were hit by Eomer's heavy body, their groans turning to merry laughs as they lay upon each other in a comfortable bundle.

"Evengers!" Eretria roared, raising her palms to the sky as her head lay upon Eomer's chest. The young man glanced down at her with a twinkle in his eye.

"Evengers!" Eowyn repeated, giggling as she rested her head upon the outlaw's stomach.

And with merry chuckles and slurring sentences, the trio watched as the sky above faded into a tapestry of stars, the the sun setting over the castle on the hill.

She was 16 years old when she learnt the strength of true friendship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

733 30 25
When 3 hobbits are set off on a quest to take a ring to Rivendell, many unexpected things happen. Said ring holds much more power than anyone could e...
223K 4.1K 19
None of the characters belong to me. They belong to the awesome J. R. R. Tolkien.
93.6K 3.2K 28
Mira didn't ask to fall down the stairs. She didn't ask to be taken away to a world she couldn't escape. She didn't ask to be told a dire and deadly...
757K 25K 42
Leaving the North has given Arra the taste of adventure that she had always dreamed of, but she's beginning to find out that it all comes at a steep...