† Chp. V †

Chapter soundtrack: 'Raise Your Glass' by
P!nk.

† Chp. V †

 V †

___

I walk down the darkened halls of Rivendell, adding a skip to my step as I head towards the ballroom.

Funny, right?

The most infamous outlaw, someone in which everyone high class seems to hate, walking freely down the corridors in one of Middle Earths richest elven kingdoms.

Even funnier, the fact that I have been invited to a celebration in one of Middle Earths richest elven kingdoms.

Who would've known, eh?

It has been decided that tonight there will be a farewell party for the departure of the fellowship. And yours truely, as being one tenth of that entrusted posse, has been invited.

My leather boots squeak as I stride down the dull lit hall, cutting through the still silence.

Suddenly, my course is changed as I feel my body being grabbed and dragged into one of the rooms in which line the corridor. I tear my arms free of their grasp, and using my reflexes, swing around to deliver a hard hit to their face.

A loud thud fills the air, and my eyes widen as I slowly draw my fist back, viewing who I have just hammered.

An elleth stares back at me with shock, her hand flying up to cover her instantly swelling eye. Another dark brunette stands to her side, her mouth hanging agape in confusion by the whole ordeal. Viewing their outfits, I identity that they are maids.

"You should never startle a ninja." I quote, trying to lighten the mood, but they both leer at me, clearly unimpressed.

The uninjured elleth grabs my arm, pulling me towards a bath tub which sits in the middle of the room. I notice that it is full of slightly steaming water, accompanied by clads of soft bubbles.

"What, now you're going to drown me?" I remark.

"Lord Elrond ordered that we bath you and get you clean for tonight's party, along with your departure in the morning." Black eye states, attitude laced in her tone. "I can see why, you stink. And I've never seen hair so greasy."

Jeez, all I did was almost concave her face.

"I'm a human." I retort, chuckling. "I apologise that my hair cannot be not as majestically perfect as yours"