Jar of memories

By DoubtfulDreamer

Chloe Martin is seventeen years old. A year ago she lost her boyfriend believing it was her fault, and just w... More

Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Nine:
Chapter Ten:
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Twelve:
Chapter Thirteen:
Chapter Fourteen:
Chapter Fifteen:
Chapter Sixteen:
Chapter Seventeen - Matthew's POV:
Chapter Eighteen - Matthew's POV:
Chapter Nineteen:
Chapter Twenty - Marc's POV:
Chapter Twenty-One:
Chapter Twenty-Two:
Chapter Twenty-Three - Matthew's POV:
Chapter Twenty-Four:
Chapter Twenty-Five - Matthew's POV:
Chapter Twenty-Six:
Chapter Twenty-Seven:
Chapter Twenty-Eight:
Chapter Twenty-Nine:
Chapter Thirty - Ian's POV:
Chapter Thirty-One:
Chapter Thirty-Two:
Chapter Thirty-Three:
Chapter Thirty-Four:
Chapter Thirty-Five:
Chapter Thirty-six:
Chapter Thirty-Seven:
Chapter Thirty-Nine - Matthew's POV:
Chapter Forty - Matthew's POV:

Chapter Thirty-Eight - Matthew's POV:

46 0 0
By DoubtfulDreamer

Hope you enjoy this chapter guys :) please vote and comment~ xoxoxox

Chapter Thirty-Eight:

Matthew’s POV:

I was on my way back to the hotel after meeting up with James who was ordered to deliver some news to me. It was official than Ian and the guys were ready along with some amount of the army that the president agreed to with no argument. I was so delighted to feel such support from the greatest force in the country. We would attack soon, and it was a relief to be honest.

I dropped at a flowers shop and bought Chloe a huge bouquet of flowers when my phone rang suddenly.

It was one of the guards.

“Yes?”

“Sir, we have a problem.” He started.

“What do you mean?” I asked while walking down the road with the big bouquet in my hands.

“Sir, the miss went upstairs and isn’t back down yet.”

“What the f*ck are you saying! I asked you to watch her you useless piece of shit!” I barked into the phone clenching both my hands into fists.

I ended the phone call while I ran back to the hotel as fast as I could. I was furious at those stupid guards. Useless! I was better off with her than meeting James. I swear I was going to kill him if anything bad had happened to her.

The guards rushed to my side the minute I arrived at the entrance but I shrugged them off running like a wild cheetah to the seventh floor.

The door was unlocked.

I jerked the door open and jumped inside. I took in the scene in front of me. Chloe’s blooded clothes all over the place, a used condom on the bed,  drops of blood splattered all over the walls, the carpet soaked into ponds of blood.

I stepped forwards my body shaking like hell. I looked past the bed to see a torn bra and panties.

Chloe’s underwear.

All soaked in blood.

I moved my sight to the used condom and felt bile rise up my throat.

I was torn between three stories and I didn’t even know which would be better. She either got murdered immediately, or raped then murdered, or raped and still alive.

I felt anger bolt through my veins the minute my eyes landed on the three guards.

“It’s all your fault!” I roared as I punched all of them separately knocking them all on the floor. Tears rushed down my eyes as I heard Chloe’s sweet laugh in my ear.

I lost my girl.

She was gone and it was my entire fault.

I grabbed one of them by his collar and knocked him on the wall with all my force, suddenly another one grabs me from behind to stop me.

“Sir, please it’s not his fault!” One of them pleaded but I wouldn’t hear it.

I punched the last one one last time before I walked towards Chloe’s thrown clothes. I bent down on my knees grabbing the first thing I saw.

Her flowery dress.

She looked absolutely stunning in it that I could feel my erecti0n in my pants the minute my eyes landed on her the other day. I moved my hands to her underwear and imagined last night when we almost had sex.

Tears from my eyes fell on her clothes that rested in my hands.

It’s was all my fault.

“Sir, are you alright?” One of the guards asked but I didn’t care to respond. I had no purpose to live let alone respond.

“Sir?”

I swear I was going to kill Marc Ward, and this time I was far away from joking.

*

I looked one more time at her blooded clothes before I got up determined to end that mother*cker’s life even if it was the last thing I was to do on this earth.

I grabbed my gun from the first drawer next to the double bed and made sure it was filled with the maximum number of bullets to shoot the asshole right in his cr0tch.

So the gun was ready but I needed directions. I needed to know where was the IVC headquarters was before I was to attack anyone.

I called the only number that could help me right now.

“Hello?” The familiar thick voice answered.

“Dad, I need your help.”

I could feel that he was happy that I called him for the first time since his affair with Chloe’s mom.

“Just ask son.”

“I want you to locate wherever the  f*ck the IVC are hiding.”

“Why?” He asked suddenly feeling my anger.

“I just want to check something.”

He fell silent for few seconds debating on whether to believe me or not. Finally he spoke with a loud sigh:

“I’ll send you the destination’s address in few seconds.”

“Okay dad.”

There was more silence before he spoke in a warning voice:

“Son, don’t do something stupid on your own.”

“Bye dad.” I said impatiently hanging the phone without waiting for him to say it back.

*

I stopped at a tattoo and piercings’ shop hoping the owner was there. He greeted me politely before pulling out all kinds of piercings and tattoo designs in front of me.

“Actually, I want something a little different from what you usually deal with.” I said pushing the things back to him.

“How different?” He asked putting everything back to it’s place.

“I want you to pierce this golden chain into my inner cheek.”

He tilted his head to the side thinking it over in his head before he said in an expressionless voice:

“You don’t seem that kind of person that puts on piercings in weird places, but it’s cool man, let’s get to work as long as you pay.”

I had already began to like this guy.

*

It hurt like a knife cutting through my veins but I felt a little better knowing that it was fairly hidden from the IVC in a place they will never guess.

I still felt pain in my inner cheek as I rolled my tongue into the chain. I had no time to waste and think of a better place to hide it.

I had no clear reason to head to the IVC headquarters alone, but I knew that if I informed Ian and the others the IVC might decide to harm Chloe, that is if she was even alive.

Chloe.

Everything just reminded me of her. I was never going to forgive myself if they had managed to…

I couldn’t even risk saying the word.

I cursed every second I made her cry, I wanted to kill myself for torturing her and accusing her of loving that jerk Marc. I was so raged at myself for acting like a d!ck head to her the entire time she swallowed my stupid jealousy and continued to love me.

I whipped away the tears deciding to try and think positively. If I wanted to kill them all one by one I had to be prepared mentally and physically. Not a single mistake was allowed, especially when I didn’t know the structure of the building and the secret passages.

I parked my car far away from the headquarters. It was a huge building that looked more of a villa than a place where the evils of the world hid.

I spotted two guards chatting next to a small entrance that seemed to be the back door that no one entered from. I took out the gun slowly from my pocket attaching the magazine back to the gun before pulling the safety and aiming towards both of them before pulling the trigger with all my force at both their heads.

They both lay dead on the floor as I opened the door and got in silently. I closed It wishing myself luck for the first time in my entire lucky life.

*

Marc’s POV:

I thought I heard gun shots for a second but I guessed it must be the guards practicing in the other room. I was on the moon when I heard that they got hold of Chloe and was just the opposite room from me.

I couldn’t wait to go see her but Daniel wanted to speak to me first.

“Marc, they will come after the girl. We need backup.”

“Of course sir.”

One of the guards opened the door immediately and spoke in a horrified voice:

“Sir, the girl is dead!”

I dropped my glass of wine and ran to Chloe’s room ignoring Daniel’s continuous calls.

Chloe was dead? I felt my eyes sting with tears as I turned the door knob and stared at her my eyes wide with shock. They threw her in a filthy room that had rats everywhere between the broken furniture. She swam in a pile of blood as her innocent face looked beaten and bruised. I rushed towards her side shaking her miserably.

“Chloe! Please wake up!” I screamed but her eyes were still closed.

Did I just lose Chloe Martin?

“Who did this to her you f*cking assholes?!” I asked getting up from the ground and glaring at the crowd who was staring terrifyingly at me.

“I did.” Jeremy stepped in with courage from the crowd.

“You f*cking bastard!” I shouted as I punched him in his jaw sending him flying to the other end of the room.

“What have you done to her!” I asked the douche bag kicking him with all my force.

“She refused to come with me! So I played around a little with her!” He said in a small voice protecting his head with his hands folding both his legs to his chest looking like a ball of shit.

“You played with-”

I was about to ask but then it hit me.

He raped her.

I got my gun out and shot him immediately freezing everyone around me. I shot him right in his head so he will learn to think in the future. Of course now that he had no future.

“She’s breathing!”

One of the guards shouted with a smile on his face. I turned to her and lifted her in my arms kissing her head and running towards the IVC’s most professional doctor to get help.

“I’ll try my best.” He promised me with his eyes closing the door behind him. I was never happier in my life to hear that someone I was so determined to hurt before was still alive.

*

“Marc is softening for the girl.”

I heard Daniel’s voice while he spoke to a group of guards.

“I don’t trust him. We need to get rid of him.”

He said again in the same skeptical tone.

As if I don’t get rid of you first jerk, I thought to myself.

*

Matthew’s POV:

I walked slowly towards a single guard and took the right moment to point the gun right at the back of his head.

“Don’t you dare move.” I hissed in his ear feeling the fear in his body language as he nodded.

“Where is the girl?” I asked.

“She’s dead.” He said simply.

“Don’t f*ck with me! I asked you where was she not her state.” I pushed the gun into his head with a larger force feeling my heart clench in my chest at his words.

“She’s upstairs with the doctor.” He said quickly in a shaky voice.

“I’ll kill that idiot Marc.” I muttered under my breath.

“Sir didn’t do it.” He said suddenly and I was all ears.

“Who did it then?”

“Jer-”

“You don’t even have to finish your sentence. I know this son of a b!tch. Even Marc has a drop of mercy in his chest for Chloe.”

He turned to face me suddenly sending a punch to my face but missed it. I shot him and in no seconds he was dead.

Stupid bastard. I thought to myself.

I ran upstairs until I spotted the clinic section. I walked behind the guard and knocked him down in one shot.

One guard only? Looks like the other guards were busy in something else, but like they say, kill the boss and they will all get scattered.

It didn’t take me long to find her room, hers had an extra guard in front of it, unlike the other rooms that weren’t guarded.

The fight was a little difficult with him because he was so f*cking strong but in no time he was unconscious. I jerked the door open my eyes landing immediately on the most beautiful girl lying peacefully in bed.

My Chloe.

I ran towards her and was about to hold her tight but my face turned white as a piece of paper the minute my eyes scanned her bruised face. I pulled the cover down revealing her body covered in dark, red purplish spots. I felt my blood boil suddenly but it was all gone the second I realized that she connected to a ventilator.

Chloe was alive.

I placed both hands under her to get her out of bed but to my immediate surprise a voice came from the other end of the door.

“Matthew McLain, drop the girl down.”

*

I turned my head to Daniel’s face then down his fingers that were wrapped around the trigger ready to shoot me in the head.

I dropped her down and lifted my hands in surrender.

“How the hell did you get over my security-” He stopped abruptly smiling to himself.

“I won’t be surprised that you could do something like that. I taught you myself.”

I lifted the gun out of my pocket and pointed it at him.

“McLain I’m warning you. Drop the god damned gun right now.” He spoke slowly in a composed voice.

“I don’t care if I die as long as you burn in hell.”

“You don’t know who you are dealing with.”

“I know exactly old man.”

I aimed at his leg the same second he shot me in my arm. We both fell down but I got up pretty easily, and shot him again in his thigh.

He fell unconscious and I grabbed Chloe immediately and ran out of the place. I ran and ran and ran until I was in front of a huge army of black suited men.

“Drop the gun down McLain and count yourself dead.” Said Daniel in his deep dangerous voice as I heard a gun shot and a massive pain in my chest.

I’ sorry Chloe.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 8.7K 34
What happens when you fall in love with your worst enemy? 18 year old Natasha Morton has had an enemy in Blaze Callanan since they were in grade sch...
14.9K 515 28
Chloe, the normal grade 9 girl. Everything went great in her first year of high school. Will it be the same this year? Or will everything change for...
383K 7.8K 27
"Chloe can't find out about this." I said breathlessly after pulling away from Colins. "Shut up and kiss me." >> Nadia was beautiful. Indescribable...
132 17 15
a young teen girl named Chloe breaks up with her crazy,abusive boyfriend and now has to get her friends to help her from his deadly grasp