If Mayors Ruled The World [Du...

Autorstwa moniqueph

This is a Duterte - Robredo fan fiction story. They found his body, 2012, and buried it. They found his body... Więcej

Author's Note
"Apo"
"What If"
"Offer"
"His Happy Place"
"Leni"
"Threat"
"Root cause and action plan"
"King and Queen"
"Dark Horses"
"Thinking of You"
"Confrontation"
"Still Into You"
"Ikaw pa rin"
"Left Turns"
"Close but not close enough"
"Checkmate"
"Foreknowledge"
"Forthcoming"
"Rolling Thunder"
"The Heart in the Midst"
"Double cross"
"Mr. Firebrand"
"Meet me in Calabanga"
"Atonement"
"Blackmail"
"What would you do if you know you'd never get caught?"
"Sonnet 87"
"Better days"

"Camarines Sur"

270 7 9
Autorstwa moniqueph

Digong PoV

Presentacion, Camarines Sur

It's been a week since I last talked to Jesse (Moises) and di parin ako mapakali because of what we talked about – particularly about Leni. I am riding a helicopter bound to Camarines Sur to see the extent of damages the recent typhoon has made and to give some help. I asked Mia to join me as she speaks their language. Kelangan ko ng translator, I thought.

"Ang tahimik mo, ma'am," I tell her.

"Huh? Sorry sir, I'm looking at the damage below; I was told quarrying daw major reason for this," she replied, staring blankly at her hands.

I sighed. I look down and it's a mess of a mud below. I looked again at her and she's still staring at her hands, not moving. I held her hand. She suddenly looked up.

I gave her a weak smile.

"Magalit si ma'am sir," She blurted out, her eyes bulging. I laughed.

"Buang ka. I have an idea, help me later."

"What?"

"Basta, I can only do so much to help and cheer up the people." I tightened my grip on her hand as we land at Presentacion, Camarines Sur.

--

We arrived and we were led to a 4x4 vehicle to bring us to a covered court where some of the local officials and some residents were waiting. We passed by some really rough roads and I can see the pain on the face of my transportation secretary. At one point, she even requested to step down from the vehicle to check on damaged transportation facilities. When we arrived at the covered court, I noticed Mia hurrying from behind.

"Magboots ka, Mayor," I heard her say as she tugged along the vehicle as it halted to a stop. My aide helped me to wear some boots they brought. I slowly stepped down and looked at the all the faces looking at me – there's the governor with all his security around him, the town leaders and the people who looked at me like they want to eat me alive. I talked to the governor and he gave some facts about the extent of the damage and what they did and all the other things I am not interested to hear – I looked at the faces of the people affected and their children and I reached out to them before I even got up the stage. Some looked at me curiously, indifferently, some held my hand and offered no words and some hugged me tight. I hugged them back.

I got up the stage and talked about the same things – government is doing everything it can to help the people, brought some help to ease the pain – I refrained from my usual rants and just told the people what my team can do for them.

As I finished my speech, I called on Mia. "Etong si Mia, the transportation secretary, she is very hard working, I am sure she will help you build your transportation network again, Mark is not here, yung DPWH, but we will tell him." People clapped their hands, a bit louder this time as Mia took a bow. People from different parts of the country know her because she's always out on the field. I took the opportunity.

"Um, actually, I brought Mia with me to be my translator also – she speaks Bicolano and Bisaya, do you know that?" I tugged her arm and some people smiled, others laughed – I take that as a cue. "Halika, Ma'am," She stood beside me, smiling. I turned off the mic and whispered to her something. She laughed and translated it for me. I turned on the mic again. I hope I say it right.

"Padangat taka, (I love you)" I slowly say and the people clapped their hands and replied the same. I smiled at them.

Mia got a mic and said something in their language that made most people went ballistic. I looked at her, demanding an explanation and she pulled me to the side.

"I told them you will sing for them,"

"Gagi ka,"

"Eto, 2 lines lang naman," She sang it while I look at the lyrics.

"What does this mean?"

"Maganda ang gabi kapag kasama ka; Kahit umuulan walang payong tayo'y masaya."

I listened to the tune a few more times before I decided to just do it, minsan talaga napapaisip ako bakit ko kinuha itong mga secretary kong ito.

I looked at the people in front for some inspiration and I saw the old men and women holding their young ones, looking amused or curious at the weird man in front of them. I took a deep breathe.

"My secretary asked me to sing for you something so," I say shyly and to my surprise everyone cheered on. I cleared my throat.

"Magayun ang Bangui kung kaibahan ka

Maski nag-uuran mayong payung ogma kita hmm.." I belted out and people clapped their hands wildly. I am so happy seeing them smiling now, I continue a bit.

"Pung aw ako, pung aw ako sa imo (I miss, I miss you)

Hain kana, hain kana (Nasaan ka na, nasaan ka na)

Sakuyang padangat, (Aking mahal)" I finished and everyone is clapping their hands beaming at me. I feel warm heat spread across my face as I bow down and get ready to leave.

"Naga!" I heard someone from the audience shout.

"Naga! Naga! Naga!" They continued shouting and I looked puzzled because the officials beside me are smiling and laughing.

Mia gave them a wink and a "thumbs up" and people clapped their hands one last time as we leave for the next town.

"Bakit man sila magsigaw ng Naga, ma'am?" I asked her as we settled down in the 4x4 vehicle.

"Eh you were asking kung nasaan na ung mahal mo e," She teased and it took me a full minute to realize.

"Di mo man lang inexplain na un pala ung translation nung kinanta ko," I tell her.

She laughed. "E nagulat ako, kinanta mo pa ung part na un, akala ko ung umpisa lang,"

I smiled. "E nakita ko ung mukha ng mga tao, natuwa sila e. Maybe, just maybe, I sometimes get strength to continue what I'm doing from the smiles of these people. They deserve the best of this world, really."

"Sir, sa Naga po ba tayo?" The driver suddenly asked and I almost spit out my drink. Mia laughed loudly.

"Isa ka pa," I tell him shyly.

I suddenly thought again of what Jesse told me a week ago. I wonder what he and Leni have talked about and why he said what he did.

"Let's finish all the towns I have to do then let's go to Naga."

--

Leni PoV

Naga City, Camarines Sur

I was browsing my Instagram timeline when I saw a post from Secretary Mia. It was a video and her description was "something to cheer you up" then a "hugging" smiley. I opened the video and adjusted the volume.

It was the President, singing.

I heard the shouts of the people after and I wondered why. I put on my headset and adjusted the volume.

He sang a Bicolano song – in his own accent.

I am amused. I can't help but smile widely. So that's why the people were cheering.

I re-watched it again. And again. And again. I am familiar with this song, I thought.

On my nth re-watch, I sang with him.

I noticed in the comment section that Mia commented on a post, "akala mo yan na un, look at the next video HAHAHAHAHA," it said and I checked out her next post.

It's another video with a caption, "and the people responded to him" with a "laughing out loud" smiley. I played the video and heard the people shouting "Naga! Naga! Naga!" in the background then Mia suppressing her laughter at first then saying "Nasa Naga daw mayor," then laughs.

I blushed.

But I still could not hide my smile.

"Ma'am?"

"Hmm?"

"Pupunta daw po si President dito sa Naga mamaya," Nancy said.

"Mga anong oras daw?" I asked her but my attention is still focused on reading the comments on the 2nd video post: "anong meron sa Naga? Di ko get, NinangSec!" Secretary Berna said, wherein Mia replied, "HAHAHAHAHA! Panuorin mo kasi ung first video, sabi kasi ng lyrics, nasaan ka na, mahal ko, oops!!" I smiled.

"Di daw po nila masabi Ma'am, pero dadaan daw dito,"

"Mga dinner daw ba?" I finally looked up at her smiling widely. She looked surprised. She smiled back.

"Siguro po, Ma'am."

"Sige, sa Avenue Hotel nalang Nancy. As usual. Salamat ha,"

"Noted ma'am."

I looked down again on the comment section and saw another reply to the conversation between Berna and Mia. It was Mark Villar, DPWH secretary. "in fairness sa mga taga-CamSur, supportive! I'm excited to meet and work with them NinangSecs, thanks for the update!" with a "star-eyed" smiley. I smiled and silently thanked god that Mia's IG account is private.

I opened my viber account and clicked his name.

I smiled. "Pung aw ako sa imo. (I miss you)"

--

Digong PoV

Naga City, Camarines Sur

It was 6 pm I was reminded as we finished the 5th town for today. Exhaustion is an understatement for this, I thought. I leaned back on my chair in the chopper.

"Mayor," It was my aide.

"Hmm,"

"Avenue Hotel po for dinner,"

"Uwi na ako sa Davao," I blurted out without thinking.

"Um, request po ni VP Leni,"

"She knows I'm here?" I asked, amused.

"Yes sir,"

Again, I suddenly remembered my talk with Jesse and I don't know why. "Saan daw?"

"Avenue Hotel sir,"

"Ah sige," I stretched a bit as Mia sat beside me. She's smiling.

"Ikaw nagsabi kay Leni no?"

"Huh, I did not tell her anything."

I rolled my eyes. "Paano nya nalaman na andito ako?"

"Sir, you are the President of the Republic, of course she would know,"

I smiled and checked my phone. There's a message from her. I opened it.

"Pung aw ako sa imo."

I smiled.

"Sama ka Mia, dinner sa Avenue?"

"Huh, e date nyo un?"

I looked at her. "Tingnan mo tong – "

She laughed loudly. "Sa Biggs ako kakain, I'm meeting some friends I mean, ayoko maging third wheel," She rolled her eyes.

"Paano ba magreply ng smiley?" I asked the secretary as we sped to the hotel.

"Anong smiley ba?"

"Ung kiss,"

She laughed loudly. "Eto o, ung mga kissing smileys," and pointing out to me the smileys to click.

"Bakit ang dami? Alin dito?"

"Yung may heart nalang para mas cute, or pede lahat kasi you want to "shower her with kisses" - she suddenly looked at me and rolled her eyes.

We laughed.

"You know me ha," I tell her as I clicked the kissing smileys one by one and sent it.

We reached the hotel and Mia wished me luck and got off to walk towards the restaurant she's meeting her friends with.

I was led to a small area beside the pool with pagoda-shaped roof. I take my seat and looked at the pool. No one was swimming and I pray there wouldn't be any until we get over this dinner.

I looked at the empty swimming pool until god knows what time when I saw a silhouette in front of me. It was her. I stood up immediately.

"You're spacing out," she remarked as I got her blazer and pulled out her chair.

"Yes, um, I'm thinking of you," I tell her as she settle down on her chair. She giggled.

"Is there anything you want?" I asked her as I settle down in my seat, looking also at the menu.

"I've ordered some dishes na, ikaw, do you want anything?" She asked back.

I put down the menu and gave her a knowing look. She laughed (she's so beautiful and gentle, goodness gracious) as she waved her hand off.

"I know what you'll say," she said shyly.

"What?" I challenged her.

"I just know,"

"Ano nga?"

She lifted up the menu book again to cover her face. "Basta."

"Etong si ma'am o, pinipigilan ako mag-banat, don't you like it?" I teased her.

"Na-eembarass ako," she whispered.

"Na-eembarass ka sa akin?" I asked her. She put down the menu book. Her face is red, I can tell.

She just nodded. I smiled and looked at her intently as she looked at the pool, obviously avoiding my stare.

"How are they?" She asked as she's still not looking at me. I believe she's talking about the people affected by the calamity.

"Bad. Every place I go I think, this is bad but the next is worse." I sighed and looked at the pool too. "I hope I can do more than what I did but I am as useless as I thought I am,"

She looked at me. I looked at her. "Don't say that," she mumbled. I laughed.

"Totoo naman." I looked at my hands. "I can only shake their hands, hug them, give a little something – that's all I do," I sighed.

"That means a lot to them, sir," I heard her. I laughed again.

"When I come, people look at me with much expectation, probably them hoping I will stop the next typhoon, turn this corrupt government upside down, give them more comfortable life – but I can't do those Leni, and it's frustrating me. When I leave, they're back to deal with the mud and their dead, and I? Here in a hotel –" I looked at her and see her crumpled face. "Please don't think that I do not want to be with you, my lady, but I just feel guilty that my people are suffering, and I -" I sighed.

She just looked at me and the food came. She started eating quietly. Mia will scold me for ruining the mood but it was Leni who opened the topic and I can't help but be honest with her - she deserves the respect and I know she knows the reality too. I eat quietly too, occasionally looking at her direction. I suddenly felt bad for ruining this date and I do not know how to apologize.

I looked at her and she looked at me. I smiled and she smiled back (I almost died inside).

"You're so beautiful, Leni," I tell her.

"Thank you," she said as she wiped her mouth with cloth napkin, not removing her gaze – her eyes just know how to melt me.

"You must be tired," she suggested.

"Yes, but anything for you -"

She laughed. "You must rest. Are you going back to Davao?"

"Pinapaalis mo na ako ma'am? Wag ka na magalit, sorry na. Pasensya na tabi," remembering the few Bikol words Mia taught me. She smiled.

"Hindi naman, but you must rest. You sang well kanina by the way - si Mia ba nagturo sa'yo?" She teased. I blushed.

I just nodded and fiddled with my utensils.

"Okay siya, tuwang tuwa nga yung mga tao e,"

"I'm glad I made them happy," I mumbled as I felt a hand on my arm. I looked up. It was her.

"Have you been to the museum?"

I shake my head slowly. I felt her tug my arm.

"Do you want to see it?" she asked and I knew I could not say no to that.

--

Leni PoV

Naga City, Camarines Sur

I know it's late, the museum's closed but I wanted to have more time with him. We just walked to the museum, our security walking closely behind. We talked about the people we met, the situations we saw, the things we must do and the feelings we felt – in which I told him that I also felt the same as him but with more hope and responsibility. When we reached the museum, I told him the museum curator will open the place for us in a while. I noticed that he looked at Jesse's sculpture and the words on the pillar, and then sat beside the sculpture looking at the road, patting Jesse's knees. The curator came, greeted us and gave me the keys. We entered inside.

I told him that the floor below is used by the city government. We went up and he insisted on logging on his name in the logbook. I let him. We watch the clip upon entering and I tell him the city that was during Jesse's time. He just listened. I walk him around the first gallery and talk about the usual tour guide things – I noticed that he reads everything. When we came to the timeline wall, I walked towards my wedding picture and covered my face as he read on.

"Ano yan ma'am?"

"Wala, sige sir lakad ka na,"

"Okay," he walked on. When he disappeared to the 2nd gallery, I walked on too to check him. He's reading the writings on the wall and flipping the huge puzzle face one by one.

"Anong meron sa loob mam?" He pointed to the room adjacent to the puzzle.

"Hologram ni Jesse – talking about the role of youth in the future," I went in, thinking he's going to go in too.

I listened, for the nth time, to Jesse's words. After a while, I noticed that the President didn't come in – I face palmed myself and I know where he is. I walked back to the first gallery and alas, there he really is, looking at my wedding picture intently.

"Hay sir,"

He looked at me, amused.

"Gwapa ka talaga, ma'am."

I walked to him and dragged him to the hologram room. I asked him to pose in the mayor's podium because he was also a mayor before and I told him I'll take his picture. I thought he's going to just pose "normally" – both hands in his pocket or in front of his chest – but I was surprised when he put his elbow on the podium and leaned on it and with his free hand made a "Korean heart" – I can't help but laugh loudly.

"Bakit ma'am?"

"Nakakatuwa yung posing mo sir," I tell him as I shot some pictures of him. He smiled gamely.

We continued to the 3rd gallery and I tell him stories, I helped him put on headphones to watch the videos. In return, he talked about Jesse as he knows him and how they dealt with each other whenever they meet. He asked me to take a picture of him beside the indoor sculpture of Jesse and he made that Korean heart pose again and I can't help but laugh again.

We walked towards the 4th and last gallery and I noticed his mood change. He didn't talk much and he just read the writings and watched the videos intently. I just followed him. When we exited the gallery, he looked at me and gave a small bow.

"Thank you for the tour, ma'am," he said.

"Thank you for coming sir. He will be glad." He smiled at me.

When we reached the exit, I asked him to write in a paper a message for Jesse. He nodded and did it dutifully.

"Jesse,

Dios mabalos sa saindong pagtitiwala. Maghirilíngan kita liwat, amigo. (Thank you for your trust. See you again, my friend).

Rodrigo"

"Gumagaling ka na mag-Bikol a," I told him as I read his message. His face turned red.

"Deh mam, pinatranslate ko kay Mia,"

I laughed as I observe him, carefully, sticking his paper to the other papers. I suddenly felt a strong emotion to kiss him – I know it is wrong, this is definitely the wrong place, but if I hold back any further, I might –

"Dios mabalos, sir," I told him and kissed him on the cheek.

--

Digong PoV

Naga City, Camarines Sur

I was surprised by her move but emboldened by it that when we started walking towards her house I held her hand tight and prayed she would not remove her hand from my grip.

She didn't.

When we reached her house, she invited me in but I just stood outside and looked at her.

"What?" She asked me, puzzled.

Again, I remembered what Jesse told me the last time we met.

"Hay, mag-usap nga kayong dalawa, di ako makikialam. You have to admit to yourselves whatever you have is something more than what you think."

"Can we talk ma'am?"

"Ayaw mo sa loob?"

Alam ko na mangyayari pag pumasok tayo sa loob, I thought.

"Ok lang bang dito sa labas, mukhang wala naman masyadong magdaan na mga sasakyan –" I looked to my left and right.

She agreed and we sat on the sidewalk.

I did not let go of her hand as we look up the starless and cloudless sky. I felt her hand massage my fingers. I closed my eyes and smiled.

"Don't you want to rest inside?" I hear her ask and I imagine hearing her words coated with all the lusciousness. I smile widely. She tapped my shoulder.

"Nag-iimagine ka nanaman, no?" She asked as she broke my moment of imagining.

"Hindi a,"

"E bakit ka nakangiti?"

"Kasi hawak ko kamay mo. Kasi katabi kita," I tell her without opening my eyes.

"Hay naku," I heard her say and nothing more. After a while I opened one eye to look at her – she's looking at me.

"Pogi ko ba ma'am?"

She suddenly supressed a laughter. I straightened up. "Grabe man si ma'am uy,"

"Kunin ko muna salamin ko sa loob, sir, baka sakaling luminaw – " She said through fits of giggle. I held her hand tighter.

"Deh, dito ka lang, look at me closely so that you'll – " I said and laughed as she attempted to stand up and leave that I needed to hold her waist to contain her. "O sige na sige na, di na ako pogi, eto naman si mam, makiride ka naman sa joke ko paminsan, nakaka-hurt ka ng feelings,"

I looked at her and she looked at me, still giggling a bit. I put up a serious face. She pinched my face with her free hand.

"O sige na, gwapo ka na,"

"Wag na, napilitan ka lang e," I said as I pouted my lips.

"Edi wag!" She said and I tickled her sides and she struggled hard to get up.

"Mama o,"

"Mama mo, nasa loob?" I sharply looked at their door. She laughed.

"Takot ka sir?"

"Tapos niyayaya mo akong pumasok sa loob ma'am – gusto mo ata akong mapagalitan?"

"Deh, wala siya dyan, ako lang tao ngayon sa bahay."

I gulped. "Yung mga bata?"

"Nasa QC."

We looked at each other. I smirked.

"Gusto ko na atang mag-rest ma'am," I stood up and walked towards their house, I heard her laugh and she pull me back towards her.

"Di ba may sasabihin ka sa akin? Sabi mo dito nalang sa labas?"

"After nalang natin mag-rest ma'am," I teased her and pulled her towards the door again but she stopped me again. Her face looked serious.

"May sasabihin ka ba o wala?"

"Meron."

"You promise you'll tell me when we go inside?"

"I promise I'll tell you – everything I need to tell you." I close in on her and kiss her forehead.

I thought about my conversation with Jesse one last time and decided right there.

Everything.

--

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

17.5K 247 20
Impregnating her without knowing, will love still be rekindled after knowing she hid their daughter from him?
1.3K 75 8
Leonor, who's always been a mischievous daughter has never shared anyone anything until Ferdinand, her soon to be lover steps into her life.
19.7K 843 18
Find out what's next in the story of Bong Bong Marcos and Leni Robredo in Lead Me to Love 3. #letlovelead #bongleni #phpolitics
7.2K 384 14
Bongbong Marcos and Leni Robredo finds their missing daughter amidst the chaos of politics.