"Blackmail"

A/N. After this update (awow sinipag? xD), A Time in This World naman, marami naring naniningil. Haha! Thank you for the support guys, much love! <3

4th to the last chapter. Look forward for the last 3! :) 

--

Jesse PoV

DILG - NAPOLCOM HQ

I turned my resignation letter to Ed and he agreed to meet me at HQ. He shook my hand, smiling.

"It's an honor to work with you Moises," he said with a twinkle in his eyes. 

"Same here, Sec. Thank you for the opportunity."

"Kay Presidente talaga tayo magpasalamat. We will not be here if not for him."

I nodded. 

"You remind me of a great DILG secretary," Ed started and his smile is my signal to smirk as well. We're talking with some colleagues around us.

"Si Jesse Robredo, I'm sure you know him." Ed patted my hand while still shaking it and I can't help but laugh and feel shy. 

"You remind me of him! We're lucky to work with someone like him!" Ed exclaimed and our colleagues all nodded. I meet Ed's eye and I have to laugh again. 

"Salamat sa comparison, pero balita ko, mas magaling yun," I tell them.

"Paano mo nasabi?" One colleague asked.

"Asawa niya Vice President e," I tell them and everyone laughed. 

Everyone was speechless after that remark and it sank to me that Maria Leonor Gerona Robredo is perfect as she is. I smiled.

And she will always be perfect.

--

Seda Hotel, Bonifacio Global City

I decided to meet with Grace again after my latest remark which became headline for almost a week now. I arrived at the venue first and alone, but prepared as hell. I smirk to myself as I pace around the room.

"Moises?" came a lady's voice.

I was expecting she'll bring a team for us to discuss my latest pronouncement but she also came alone. I smiled. She knows how to play the game. 

"Grace, kamusta?"

"I'm fine! How are you?" She asked with a concerned voice as she gave me a kiss on the cheek. I also returned the favor by kissing her cheek as I whisper in her ear,

"Eto, buhay pa."

She laughed and lead us to our seats. She told me she was as surprised as I was about what happened in Calabanga but she was more surprised to notice that I was nowhere to be found after the event. 

"Bakit ka naman surprised, you expect to see me in ashes?"

"Hindi naman sa ganun Sec, pero talagang nawala ka sa scene e. Calm down," She put her hand on my knee.

"I am calm," I held her hand and put it on my thigh. She looked at me but did not put her hand away. 

"So, are we going to talk about your offer?"

"Kailangan pa ba nating mag-usap Grace?"

"Well, hindi na sana kung tama yung pagkakaoffer mo,"

"What do you mean?" I ask her. 

"Akala ko, magiging Vice President kita, hindi President."

I laughed. And laughed. And laughed louder. She laughed as well. She put away her hand and put them on her lap and I know we'll now be talking seriously.