Mental Illness Quotes

By to_the_2000s

Remember you are never truly alone there's always someone whos battling the demons in their head just as you... More

Anorexia Quote's 1
Suicidal Quotes 1
Depression Quotes 1
Anxiety Quotes 1
Note
Suicidal Quotes 2
The Girl in The Corner
Depression Quotes 2
Suicidal Quotes 3
Breathe
What If?
Anxiety Quotes 2
Depression Quotes 3

Anorexia Quotes 2

183 2 0
By to_the_2000s

"I won't let a number on a scale own me."  

~~~~~

"I'm tired of hating my own body." 

~~~~~

"Our minds distort our mirrors."

~~~~~

"Girls developed eating disorders when our culture developed a standard of beauty that they couldn't obtain by being healthy. When unnatural thinness became attractive, girls did unnatural things to be thin."

AN: I don't like that this quotes using unnatural to describe anorexia I personally find it triggering but it does spread a good message.

~~~~~

 "Imagine if we obsessed about the things we loved about ourselves." 

~~~~~

"Eating disorders are serious mental illness, not lifestyle choices."  

~~~~~

"Make peace with the mirror and watch your reflection change."

~~~~~

"She tries her hardest to look good. But she still feels ugly." 

~~~~~

"Losing weight is not your life's work, and counting calories is not the call of your soul. You surely are destined for something much greater."

~~~~~

"Focus on how far you've come, not how far you have to go."

~~~~~

"Binge on life. Purge negativity. Starve guilty feelings."

~~~~~

"If only our eyes saw souls instead of bodies, how very different our ideas of beauty would be."

~~~~~

"Don't let your mind bully your body."

~~~~~

"No scale can measure how much we are loved or how incredibly precious we are." 

~~~~~

"The dinner table is a battle field where warriors defeat the eating disorder one bite at a time."

~~~~~

"You don't have to look like you have an eating disorder to have one."

~~~~~

"Don't let the fear of relapsing keep you from recovering."

~~~~~

"Stop hating yourself for everything you aren't. Start loving yourself for everything you are."

~~~~~

"Recovery is a challenge, but it's not as difficult as continuing to live the wrath of an eating disorder."

~~~~~

"I destroyed my body for a peace of mind I never got." 

~~~~~

 "Sometimes your biggest bully is you." 

~~~~~

"Anorexia isn't a diet, Bulimia isn't a bad habit, EDNOS is not just being a picky eater. These are horrible disorders, not life choices."

~~~~~

"Don't believe everything you think."

~~~~~

"One of the most dangerous myths surrounding eating disorders is that they are a life sentence."  

~~~~~

"You go home, you look in the mirror, you cry, you think you are ugly, you think you are fat, you want to die and the worst thing is, the next day it happens all over again until the day you give up."

~~~~~

"I am forever engaged in a silent battle in my head over whether or not to lift the fork to my mouth..."

~~~~~

"In the past, my brain could only compute perfection or failure—nothing in between. So words like competent, acceptable, satisfactory, and good enough fell into the failure category."

~~~~~

"My body had never felt so small or so fragile. In one sense, it was a moment of ecstasy and I was comforted with soft, almost compassionate, encouragement."

~~~~~

"Don't let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries."

~~~~~

"What if I'm so broken I can never do something as basic as feed myself? Do you realize how twisted that is?"

~~~~~

"I am spinning the silk threads of my story, weaving the fabric of my world... I spun out of control. Eating was hard. Breathing was hard. Living was hardest."

~~~~~

"I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles."

~~~~~

"My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse."

~~~~~

"The heart of eating disorders is silence."

~~~~~

"Starvation is incredibly frightening when it finally sets in with a vengeance. And when it does, you are surprised. You hadn't meant this. You say Wait, not this. And then it sucks you under and you drown."

~~~~~

"We turn skeletons into goddesses and look to them as if they might teach us how not to need." 

~~~~~

"Anorexia, you starve yourself. Bulimia, you binge and purge. You eat huge amounts of food until you're sick and then you throw up. And anorexia, you just deny yourself. It's about control."

~~~~~

 All quotes from www.heathlyplace.com

Word Count - 634

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 977 41
A fanfiction inspired on the turkish dizi Kan Çiçekleri. The story is about a blood feud between two families. To prevent more blood from spilling, t...
13.7K 141 27
accident na mangyari makipag talik ako sa lalaki, dahil sa kalasingan ko at pagiging broken ko, hindi ko alam na sya pala ang isang professor ko comp...
4.5K 417 44
~you're so perfect From head to toe That I feel like a red flag When I'm in front of you~ A collection of poems about love, admiration and fondness.
1.4M 57.7K 39
စိုင်းတည်တံ့ဉီး + နှိုင်းမြတ်ဘုန်း