Two Sided

By taekook-trasheu

•|Complete- Fully Revised|• "Is that your phone in your pants or are you excited to see me, hyung?" "Pistol... More

Chpt 1
Info for you
Chpt 2
Chpt 3
Chpt 4
Chpt 5
Chpt 6
Chpt 7
Chpt 8
Chpt 9
Chpt 10
Chpt 11
Chapter 12
Chpt 13
Chpt 14
Chpt 15
Chpt 16
Chpt 17
Chpt 18
Chpt 19
Chpt 20
Chpt 21
Chpt 22
Chpt 23
Chpt 24
Chpt 25
Chpter 26
Chpt 27
Chpt 28
Chpt 29
Chpt 30
Chpt 31
Chpt 32
Chpt 33
Chpt 34
Chpt 35
Chpt 36
Chpt 37
Chpt 38
Chpt 39
Chpt 41
Chpt 42
Inner World
chpt 43
Chpt 44
Chpt 45
Nothing really ends, Chpt 46
Epilogue
Special Hidden Chapter

Chpt 40

2.1K 118 31
By taekook-trasheu

|Revised|

"Hyung- why are you dragging me?"

"Because you walk too slow, Namjoon-ah," Jin said as he tightened his grip around Namjoon's small wrist. Namjoon didn't complain and allowed himself to be dragged behind the older.

Jin glanced over his shoulder to see Namjoon with an uninterested look in his eyes, one arm holding his books, the other outstretched and his eyes looking off to the side. This brat...

Jin came to an erupt stop, making Namjoon bumped into his back. "Ah- sorry hyung-"

"Do you have to apologize for everything?"

"You get mad at me when I don't."

"Well...well...stop it," Jin groaned, looking to his right and seeing the cafe he was looking for. He quickly pulled Namjoon across the street, earning a surprised yelp from the younger. He let go when they stood in front of it and Jin clapped. "I'm starving..."

"Hyung, we could've gone somewhere better to eat," Namjoon sighed as he pushed past him, walking in to hear the small ding of the bell above the door. Jin rushed in behind him and slapped the back of his head with a frown.

"Don't be such a brat, I'm your hyung."

"Are you really?"

Jin's lips formed a straight line as Namjoon grinned in victory, taking a seat near the big window. Jin sat across from him and placed his head in his arms, muttering some things about how disrespectful Namjoon was to him. Namjoon leaned against the table and stared at the top of Jin's head before scoffing.

"Seokjin-hyung. Stop whining, today's suppose to be fun." Namjoon poked Jin's hair, slowly starting to play with his dark brown strands. Jin lifted his head and stared at Namjoon, slapping his hand away.

"Fun? No Tuesday is fun."

"It is when you're with the people you care about, hyung."

Jin stared into Namjoon's eyes before looking away, puckering his lips. "You're a brat..."

"Awe. C'mon, hyung. I hardly get to see you anymore," Namjoon whined. "Let's enjoy this."

"Enjoy what? Being able to drink and eat with you for 15 minutes before you're called back to the dorms?"

Namjoon frowned and reached over, gently cupping Jin's face and making him look in his direction. "You can't blame this all on me, Hyung. You're too occupied watching over that kid.."

".....Fuck you," Jin hissed, pulling away. "Kookie needs me more than anything and I have a promise I need to keep to his dad. If you can't stand me trying to be a parent to him then go-"

"Don't tell me to find someone else to be my friend, please."

"Oh, right. You can't find someone else. It's me that needs to, huh?" Jin asked and Namjoon just looked away. Jin scoffed at the silence as a waiter came by. Jin ordered his drink and a sandwich and Namjoon just ordered a frappe. Jin stared at the table as Namjoon strummed his fingers against the books that were now on the table.

"......I'm turning 17, soon," Joon hummed. "When I'm 17 they'll let me live alone rather than in the dorms. I could....help take care of Jungkook..."

"Sorry, I asked for help when he first moved in, the offer's no longer on the table."

"Hyung, please...." Namjoon grabbed Jin's hands but Jin almost immediately pulled them away with puckered lips. "You need to cut me some slack. I didn't want to have to take care of a 12 or 13-year-old while I was starting my training. I'll help you out, okay?"

Jin stared at Namjoon and looked away. "Namjoon, you hardly have enough time to even hang out with me or help with my college studies. And if you do have free time you're hanging out with Taehyung. I don't need your help."

"Jin, Tae-"

"Listen," Jin sighed, sitting upright. "Please don't tell me Taehyung is just a friend. I don't' care what he is to you, you're my friend. Not my lover or crush or whatever-"

"But Jin-"

"-so don't go making it awkward. All I'm saying is that you prioritize your other friend over your best friend and it ticks me off. I-I'm possessive, okay? Maybe Jungkook's rubbed off on me."

Namjoon leaned back in his seat. "Hyung..... Don't act like I don't care about you. You know I do. I just....you're my closest friend and-"

"And you couldn't possibly be with someone you find close, hm?" Jin asked, downing his beverage. Namjoon watched as he tilted his head back and squeezed his eyes shut as he drank his coffee. Eyes flicked down to Jin's untouched sandwich and his frown deepened.

"...Hyung, you haven't eaten your sandwich-"

"I need to lose a little weight, don't get your panties in a twist. I'm not starving myself. I know I said I was hungry but I'll save it for later," Jin quickly stated, setting the cup on the table. "I don't need you worrying about me. Jungkook makes sure I eat every day."

"He cooks?"

"I never said that." Jin waved, pushing the subject away. Namjoon looked out the window and saw the people in school uniforms passing by.

He missed being in high school and he regretted dropping out to fulfill his dream in music. He knew Jin wasn't happy about it either but he supported him anyway. Namjoon frowned more and looked at his phone, texting someone to meet him there.

He really wanted Jin to know about his friends and how they shouldn't be deemed as a threat to the older.

"When do you debut?"

Namjoon looked back at Jin as Jin stuffed half the sandwich into his mouth, making Namjoon chuckle. "19..I...I don't debut until I'm 19."

"Why are they making you wait so long? Isn't the youngest that debuted Taehyung? How old was he? 14?" Jin asked, eating the last half of his sandwich. Namjoon nodded and Jin hummed softly.

"He must feel a lot of pressure. When I hung out with you two he seemed nervous just being at small interviews to talk about what it was like to be a trainee and idol. Isn't he 16 now?"

"Yeah-"

"Then again, you were nervous, too. You don't usually get nervous, you're a good speaker. Might've been the fact you were hanging out with such a cutie."

Namjoon frowned. "What?"

"What? Just because I'm not fond of his music or him doesn't mean I can't think he's a cutie. I already know you think he's cute."

"Wh-what-"

"You told me, smart one." Jin pushed his plate away from him. "Anyways. Leave him alone. He's still a kid. Don't try anything on him-"

"Jin-"

"Oh. Kook's getting out of school. I should pick him up so he doesn't have to walk." Jin stood up and smiled at namjoon. "Call me next time you wanna hang out. I'm usually free early evening or late afternoon." He waved and put some money on the table, turning around and leaving the building.

Namjoon stared after him through the glass, watching as he ran out towards his apartment to fetch the car. Slowly, he pressed the straw to his lips, nodding his head just as the doors reopened, a panting male rushing inside and towards Namjoon.

Namjoon smiled softly and he ushered to the seat across from him. "Oh- where is he? I'm sorry I was late, I got caught up in training."

"He just left. He needed to pick up someone."

"The kid living with him?" the brunette asked as he sat down, shrugging off his jacket and folding it across his lap. Namjoon nodded and leaned forward.

"Was Hoseok easy on you, Tae?"

Taehyung gave off a cheeky smile, eyes squinting cutely as he laughed. "Does he ever? I swear...the guy's better off as a dance instructor than a manager. Scares me half to death half the time I have to dance in front of him even though he has no say in my choreography." Taehyung leaned back and folded his arms behind his head. "What about you and Jackson? He treats you well, Joonie?"

"Yeah. Things are good. I just...I'm confused why he's my manager since he doesn't even work under Bighit."

"I've always questioned Hobi about that; ever since you first became a trainee." Taehyung glanced at Namjoon's drink and held out a hand. Namjoon instantly handed him his frappe and Taehyung had a victorious look plastered across his face as he grabbed the straw and mixed the frozen gush around.

"...Tae?"

"Yo." Taehyung looked up as he placed the straw between his lips.

"If your friend wanted you to become close friends with his brother figure, but you didn't want to, what would you do?"

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how close is this friend?'

"Hmm...a 12."

Taehyung's eyes widened and he held his head. "Ow..." he set the drink down and rubbed his chin. "Would said person care a lot for this friend??"

"More than anything."

"And would said person do anything to keep this friend happy?"

"Yes."

Taehyung let his boxy smile appear, bread cheeks puffing up as he ran his fingers through his soft brown locks. "Then I say they should try it. There isn't any harm in trying, right? There could be a good chance that you become excellent friends with the brother. Wouldn't that only strengthen the bond between said person and friend?" Taehyung turned his eyes to Namjoon.

"If I was in said person's shoes, I'd accept in a heartbeat. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work and wasn't meant to be. You can't force things that don't come naturally. Like me. I use to want to play instruments rather than be an idol. Wanted to be a sexy pornstar."

"....Saxophonist."

"That's what I said. Anyway!" Taehyung clapped loudly. "It won't hurt to try. If it did hurt to try then I wouldn't have done half of the things I've done in my life."

________

"You act as if he's never caught you jacking it to gay porn before-"

"Mingyu!" Jungkook yelled, pinching his arm. "You asshat, shut up! He might hear you! And put that away for crying out loud..."

Mingyu laughed and shoved the magazine back into his bag as he flattened himself on Jungkook's bed. "How long has Jin known about you being, ya know...attracted to dicks?"

"I swear, I'll cut yours off...why did I even decide to tell you, you homophobic prick..."

Mingyu sat up and crossed his arms. "Excuse me, you brat. Just because I'm your stepbrother doesn't mean I have that hatred tendencies like my dad. You already know I haven't talked to him since he kicked you out."

"Sorry..." Jungkook sighed, hugging his knees to his chest. "I just....I'm sensitive about it. I play life like I'm this hetero guy but whenever a girl goes by me I freak out and try to get away. Not because I think they're cute but- Ahg! It's difficult, Mingyu."

"Sounds rough....I know my dad teased you about it a lot. Ya know, called you a faggot even though you never acted or said you swung that way... but why...why do you try to date girls if your guardian knows you like guys?"

"I.....i don't know....I feel like Jin would think I'm doing it because he is. Like, what if he thinks it's just a phase so that's why he's so accepting?"

"Dude...aren't gays suppose to have, like... a gaydar to detect other gays?"

"What do you mean?"

Mingyu sat up and pointed to the dor lazily. "Jin is obviously gay."

"Wh-what???"

"Dude, I knew you were gay before you told me. You detect it by appearance. Hell, you don't look like a twink or like a complete daddy, maybe because you're barely 16, but the point is...not everyone who's gay looks gay, you know?? I'm straight and even I don't stereotype."

"Yeah...you have a point..."

"Oh! So two weeks ago I saw your post about some tall guy you met 2 years ago." Mingyu smirked and wiggles his brows. "Got a boyfriend and never told me?"

"No, dumbass...he's just a friend I met 2 years ago.... he approached me when I was looking for records for my record player."

"He approached you? Damn man looks like a full grown adult."

"He's only 19." Jungkook looked at Mingyu. "He's fun to hang out with. He's really into making his own music and he's an idol trainee. He tells me how hard it is to work but when he spends his time with me the stress goes away. He's like....I look up to him." Jungkook smiled and looked at his feet. "He's really cool..."

"Someone has a crush."

"Shut up! I do not.....I just look up to him, okay? You can't like someone for only knowing them for 2 years."

"Well..sure you can. Some people can develop a connection and feelings really fast compare to others. It's not wrong or impossible to fall for someone you don't know your whole life, Kook." Mingyu stood up from the bed and threw his backpack on. "Anyways. Mom texted so I need to head out."

"Be safe. It's supposed to rain tonight."

"I'll keep that in mind." Mingyu opened the door to see Jin about to knock, dressed in a leather jacket and shirt. He smiled and let Mingyu walk past him before walking into the room. Jungkook smiled and jumped up to his feet.

"Hah! So I won the bet?? We're going??"

"I did promise I'd take you to watch that distasteful artist record a song."

Jungkook punched Jin's arm and pouted. "Joon isn't distasteful, hyung. He's a dang poet." Jungkook pulled on a thin jacket and looked at Jin. "I'm surprised you aren't just dropping me off."

"It's not like I hate the guy," Jin scoffed. "I just don't like his music."

"Why? Because it's not rock?"

Jin sneered at the boy as they made their way tot he car. The car ride was full of laughs and swears from the older, who judged Jungkook's taste in music heavily. Even though the car ride was short it felt like an eternity to Jin.

When they arrived at the big building, Jungkook rushed inside to see his friend standing near the receptionist, pointing to some papers in his hand.

The lady smiled and began to type just as Namjoon looked up, smiling brightly at Jungkook. "Kook!" Namjoon made his way over to the young male who wrapped his arms around his waist and squeezed him. He pulled away and looked up with a small nose scrunch which Namjoon found adorable. "I can't believe Jin actually brought you-"

"It's Jin-hyung, brat," Seokjin stated as he walked past the doors, hands in his pockets as he looked around. Namjoon stared at him before licking his lips and looking down at Jungkook.

"Why don't you go into the studio? Get things ready for me, kook."

"Don't gotta tell me twice," Jungkook stated as he darted past Namjoon and towards the studio room Namjoon was assigned to. Joon looked at Jin as he approached and he smiled.

"Jin-hyung-"

"I'm not talking to you."

"Jin-"

"Sh."

Namjoon grabbed Jin's arm and frowned. "Jin, let's not fight, okay? Not today. Jungkook's excited and happy today, let's not ruin it for him."

"I'll be great as long as you don't try talking to me."

"Seokjin-"

"Hyung," Jin corrected sharply, yanking his arm away. Namjoon groaned and rubbed his face, taking in deep breaths to cool himself down before speaking. "Hyung, I know you're embarrassed-"

"Embarrassed? Are you serious? How dense can you be, Namjoon? Just dense? Oh yeah,you're  extremely dense, totally, that's exactly it!"

Namjoon grabbed him again. "Hyung, stop being so loud," Namjoon whispered.

Jin grabbed Namjoon by the collar of his shirt and brought his face close as he whispered through clenched teeth, "I'm not being dense, Namjoon. I'm hurt. And I'm leaving this behind. It's almost the end of the year in a few months and once the new year starts, I'm going to act like I only know you through Jungkook and not since I was nine."

"i...I didn't mean to hurt you-"

"Well, you should've thought about that before you lied and said those fucking words in front of everyone. Instead of using that cliche excuse 'I can't reciprocate feelings from a close friend' you should've just told me you didn't feel the same. Bullshit you can't reciprocate feelings when it comes to close ass friends. You straight up told me you couldn't reciprocate your feelings for me years ago and here you are shamelessly flirting with Taehyung whenever I'm around; hell....even telling me that you like him."

Jin shoved Namjoon away. "I don't care what you do with your life anymore, Namjoon. I give up. I tried since I was 15 and I'm a working adult now who has more important things to worry about than you. The only reason I ever interact with you now is because of Jungkook .....Now let's..I'll be civil with you today since it's for Jungkook. But don't antagonize me."

Jin turned around and walked to the studio as Namjoon followed. When he entered the room he saw Jungkook standing in the control room, hand on the door leading to the recording area. He was frozen with glossy doe eyes, lips parted and his full attention on the figure beyond the other side of the glass. Namjoon sat on the couch as the man pressed a button.

"That was great! Let's go see how we can edit this stuff. It won't need much, you sound fantastic!"

Jungkook turned around and smiled sweetly at Namjoon. The man on the other side smiled and went to the door, swinging it open and running into Jungkook. Jungkook stumbled back and the figure caught him, eyes squinting in a laugh. "Sorry, kiddo. Be careful, kay?"

The figure ran out after the man and Jungkook looked down at his torso and hand before jumping in place. "Th-Th...th-that..that was...was Taehyung. K-Kim Taehyung!" he shouted, staring at Jin with big eyes.

"No one likes a crazy fan, Kookie, calm down," Jin sighed, wiping the smile from Jungkook's face.

"Y-yeah..sorry... I didn't mean to sound like that. I-I'm respectful towards idols.

______

"Can you hurry up with those fireworks, hyung? I can only stay in the same position for so long."

Jin scoffed and walked up to Jungkook from behind, tapping his butt with his foot. "I told you that you didn't have to stay in that position, brat."

"I know, but I feel cool."

"Well, you look like a moron."

Jungkook stood up and rubbed his back with a chuckle, looking at Jin. "Can't believe that I've been living with you for four whole years tomorrow... It's crazy."

"I can't believe how much you've matured in the past four years," Jin laughed, ruffling Jungkook's hair as they stared up at the sky. "Hm....you know....I think we bought way more than enough hotdogs."

Jungkook looked at Jin and saw him looking at the cooler. Jungkook laughed and patted Jin's chest. "Hyung, I eat more than a pig does. I bet we won't have any leftovers..." He looked down at the ground and sighed. "....Are you sure it's alright I invited Joon? I know you hate him and he hates you and you guys have this weird rivalry between the two of you, but-'

"Kook. He's your friend. Just because I think he's wasting his life and is a bad influence on you doesn't mean I'm going to become a restriction in your friendship. You're an adult. I'm not going to dictate your life.....unless you fuck it up." Jin pulled away and started cooking the hotdogs on the grill while Jungkook kicked at the ground.

"We hardly had any snow this year. And it's warm outside....in December."

"Global warming," Jin snorted, starting to whistle as a few voices called to them.

Jungkook turned to see Namjoon walking their way with Mingyu running towards them. Mingyu laughed and smiled at Jungkook as he hugged him.

"Dude....I haven't seen you in forever!"

"Mingyu??? What are you doing here???"

"My mom thought to come to the park for new years eve would be fun since it's warm...God, I haven't seen you in two years...How old are you now...18?"

"Well, we are the same age..."

"You are 18! Wow, you were barely 16 last time I saw you- fuck I feel like an asshole for not contacting you...my mom forced me to reconnect with my dad so I didn't want him or your mom to bother you so I thought distance would be good."

"It's okay- Oh!" Jungkook blushed as arms wrapped around him from behind and squeezed him before pulling away. Jungkook looked behind his shoulder and saw the taller man with dimples. "Mingyu, I never introduced you-"

"Wooooooow, Kookie. This must be your boyfriend-"

"Wh-what? Hahaha, I-I don't know what you're- hahaha, funny Mingyu," Jungkook lowly laughed, letting out a nervous breath. "This is, uh...this is my friend, Namjoon."

"Kim Namjoon," Namjoon said while shaking his hand.

"Kim Mingyu...well. It was good seeing you! Oh! Come say hi to my mom! She's been asking about you."

Jungkook and the other ran off, leaving Namjoon and Jin. Namjoon walked to Jin and peeked over his shoulder. "Wow....you aren't making homemade food?"

"I can't really make homemade hot dogs. Do you know what kind of shit they use to make these?" Jin glanced over his shoulder at the guy. "Do you ever stop growing?"

"No, I don't think so." he walked to be in front of the grill to see Jin better. He had light chestnut brown hair that fell in his eyes, his lips were glossy and plump like always and his skin glistened under the moonlight. "You look nice."

"Wish I could say the same to you."

"Someone is really feisty."

"Someone's really fucking annoying."

Namjoon frowned and swept his light hair from his face before stuffing his hands into his pockets. The silence grew and Joon was starting to feel uncomfortable where he was standing, hoping Jungkook would come back quickly. He tugged at the collar of his shirt and smiled sweetly at Jin as he looked up.

"What's new with you?" Joon asked.

"Nothing. Just been working, helping Jungkook and getting dick," Jin said nonchalantly, continuing to cook the meat. "And you?"

He gulped and looked away, wondering how Jin could say something like that so shamelessly "...Just music stuff..." Namjoon looked at the ground.

"You were single last time we had a full conversation," Jin said bluntly. "Find anyone yet?"

Namjoon let out a deep breath, swallowing that lump in his throat. "Um. Yeah, actually...I have. I- um...I'm with Taehyung."

"Figured...does Jungkook know?"

"No. I wanted to make sure it was a lasting thing before telling him."

"How long have you two been dating?"

"Seven months..."

"......You can't tell Jungkook."

Namjoon folded his arms and frowned. "Why not? He'll be stoked and proud of me-"

Jin stopped messing with the hotdog and stared at Namjoon with a stare that looked annoyed as hell before he slammed his utensil down and scoffed, shaking his head. "You are so blind. You've been friends with Jungkook for how long now? Four years? I would think that after three you'd be able to tell how the kid feels about you."

"Wait- Jungkook...Woah Woah-"

"Yes, Jungkook likes you. You can't tell him you're...dating that guy. You'll only break him."

"Everyone goes through a little heartbreak, Jin. Even if he does get heartbroken I'll be there to comfort him. I'm not just going to abandon him."

Jin pointed his knife at Namjoon. "I have been saving that kid from enough heartbreak. You don't know what kind of shit he goes through. He goes through heartbreak every single day of his life. Waking up with a dead dad. Waking knowing your mom doesn't want you for anything other than money. Waking up having to hide the fact that he's gay. Waking up knowing he's going to hate himself for sleeping with the girl he's dating to try and change himself. If I can prevent him from feeling broken then that's what I'm going to do."

"Jin, he deserves to know-"

"Says who? He'll never confess to you, anyways, Namjoon. Never. Wanna know why? Because he cares too much for you and doesn't want to make you awkward. SO not telling him won't affect him because even if he does confess, you'll reject him anyway. You aren't to tell him-"

"Jin-hyung-"

"You aren't allowed to tell Jungkook that you're with someone and that's final, Namjoon," Jin growled, turning his attention back to the hotdog and stabbing it. "I've worked too hard to get my baby where he is in his happy mentality and I won't let you ruin his happiness. He doesn't care if you are or aren't single. So it's not important to tell him. And if I ever find out that you did tell him? Best bet your body will be found in a ditch."

Namjoon gulped and looked in the distance to where Jungkook was, laughing happily with his stepbrother and his stepbrother's mother, his bunny smile bright and glowing in the moonlight. "Okay, Seokjin-hyung..."

________

Namjoon looked over at Jungkook as he was being dragged behind V, sobbing while holding the gun to his chest. His tears were thick and visible, flying from his face as he ran. Blood covered his jeans and stained his hands.

Joon looked behind him and saw the group was closing in. Was getting closer. Was nearing them. Keep your promise and protect Kookie. Namjoon nodded and ran to V, staying right by his side. V looked at him, face red from the hard breathing.

"Run a little slower. Make Jungkook go in front. He'll get shot easily if he's constantly behind you."

V nodded and swung his arm around, making Jungkook stumble and almost fall if it wasn't for V's other arm catching him. "You need to run. We'll be right here."

Jungkook looked at the two as V took the gun from Jungkook, grinning and spinning around so he was running backward, firing the gun. Namjoon stared at Jungkook as he started running faster, hands on his face to act as a mask and keep the dust and dirt from flying up and getting in his eyes. I'll protect him, Jin-hyung... Don't worry.

Jungkook panted as he ran, his hand on his stomach as he breathed heavily, eyes squeezed shut tightly. He suddenly planted his feet into the ground as he stopped, making Namjoon and V look over at him.

Jungkook balled his hands into Fists, the gun in one hand still. V walked over to him and glanced behind him, thinking that they had lost the other men for the most part.

Jungkook frustratingly wiped his eyes with his forearm and he panted, trying to catch his breath. The two older men stared at him, waiting for him to speak up as to why he suddenly stopped running. But he just stayed silent. Quiet. Not moving or making a sound.

"Jungkook-"

"Fuck this-" he breathed out heavily.

"What?" V questioned.

"Fuck this- fuck all of this!" He yelled, staring at the ground as light tears fell from his eyes. "all of this!! First-first Jin, then Yoongi- I refuse to leave him back there! Why do we keep leaving them behind! We could've carried them- or found a way!"

"Kook-"

Jungkook slapped V's hand away and looked up at him, his eyes red as tears stained his cheeks, hatred and anger resonating behind his glossy eyes. "Don't touch me. I'm-I'm pissed off at the world right now! I'm so-I'm so mad! This is unfair! We're just trying to help innocent people but we're all dying!"

Jungkook looked down at the gun in his hand. "I-I'm going back to get Yoongi-"

"Jungkook, you know how far you have to fucking run to get back there?" Namjoon hissed, pushing V out of his way before grabbing Jungkook's shoulder. "It has been 20 minutes since we left Yoongi. You going back will either get yourself killed-"

"I don't fucking care!" The male screamed, more tears leaving his eyes and pushing Namjoon away. "This situation is fucked. And I-I'm in this for everyone, not just for the idols. I'm here for the people who aren't associated with the companies but want to help! Like Bogum and Lisa, a-and Jin- I've lost my father and father figure, I'm nit losing Yoongi."

"Jungkook-"

Jungkook growled and held the gun up to Namjoon, making the male stand still, lifting his hands up in defense. V's eyes widened as Jungkook shook uncontrollably, breathing heavily. "I'm going back. And y-y-you're not st-stopping me-!!"

Jungkook hitched a breath as V stood in front of Jungkook, his hand on the barrel of the gun as he stared into quivering eyes. V slowly made Jungkook lower the gun, stepping closer.

"I'll go," V whispered, stepping closer, hand moving to grab Jungkook's wrist. "I'll go so you don't get hurt." Both hands ran up Jungkook's arm, holding his shoulders before cupping the sides of his face, tilting his head back.

Seeing that rage, that unwanted anger and hate in those eyes made V feel a type of hurt that he had never experienced before. He wanted to do whatever he could to make those emotions in Jungkook's eyes go away and be replaced with the look V and everyone else was use to.

He'd do anything for this boy. To get him to open up and trust him, and to let him make these decisions to help him out.

"So don't cry, bun. I'll go back for Yoongi...and I'll bring him back..." V pressed their foreheads together and Jungkook felt frozen, nodding his head slowly, almost like he was forced to say yes by being hypnotized. "I need you to keep running though, okay? I'll catch up with you."

V turned and looked at Namjoon, grabbing his wrist. Namjoon glared at the man as he started to run along with him, leaving Jungkook there to stare at the two. He stayed still, catching his breath.

Whoa

That felt unreal.

Like it didn't just happen.

"Did I...." Jungkook looked down at his hand. "....point the gun at Joon...?"

He squatted down, doing the Chinese squat, his elbows resting on his knees as he gripped his head, crying softly. He felt like he was losing it. He wanted this all to end, to be a dream.

Wanted to be in Jin's bed waking up from a nightmare to him rubbing his back and singing softly to him to calm him. But he wasn't dumb enough to think any of that would be real.

He sighed and stood up shakily, gripping the gun in his hand tightly. "It hurts...but I'll keep going." He nodded and ran. Ran fast and long. Without turning back or looking behind him because he couldn't think about the past, if the past came up....

"Then I'll never look forward..."

~~

After what seemed like running forever, he came to a stop, breathing heavily while gripping his chest, his run slowing down into a walk. He bent over and placed his hands on his knees, trying his hardest to catch his breath despite his lungs burning.

Sweat captured strands of hair on his forehead, eyes squeezed shut. He regretted stopping because the pain from running finally caught up to him and make his legs feel like they were about to turn into jelly, his muscles still contracted and feeling like they were about to snap.

Standing up straight he took a deep breath, looking around. He cursed at not having any form of knowing what time it was, wondering how long it had been since he split from Namjoon and V. He turned around, finally looking back but all he could see were the pale mountains and sand dunes.

No sign of the others.

"Where are they..."

He continued to walk, shaking his head. The wind blew the dust and sand around, making Jungkook hold his jacket above his nose and mouth to filter out his breathing. He could see in the far distance a storm was coming, and he started to fear that it would hit before he could recoup back with the other two.

That is until he heard a faint noise.

He stopped walking, straining his ears to listen for the sound that was in the distance. Soft footsteps pounded into the ground, making Jungkook's eyes widen as he looked towards the sound, seeing V running towards him as fast.

"Jungkook!" V yelled, coming to a stop as he engulfed him in a hug. He stared at Jungkook. "There's no way we can go back- we have to get out of here. I tried- going back is complete suicide."

"Wh-What?? Where's Joon?? We can't just leave him, we have to go back for him-"

"Jungkook, if we don't start running we'll be dead before we can even get the chance to save him-"

Gunshots rang out and V wrapped his arms around Jungkook, eyes wide. "-I'm not going to tell you again. We need to go-"

"But Yoongi and Namjoon!"

V stared at him, eyes getting sad as he sighed, shaking his head. "Kook....I went back to get Yoongi but.......I'm sorry, bun..."

Jungkook's eyes widened and he started to step away from Jungkook. "N-no-"

More gunshots went off, a few bullets whizzing past them as V violently tugged Jungkook's along. "We need to go! Even if it means I have to throw you over my shoulder to get you out of here alive-"

"Guys!"

The two looked over to the right near a sand sun to see Namjoon round the corner, rubbing as fast as possible, people running closely behind him. "Hurry!! Go!" He hollered, and once again...the three were running for their lives, Jungkook being thrown over his shoulder.

I won't let anyone else die, Hyung. I'll keep them safe.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637K 39K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
139K 5.1K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
461K 16.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...