Transformers: A Matter of Fate

By Cman710

Post-Age of Extinction. *MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN* Soon after the battle of Hong Kong, Hound crosses paths with... More

THE AFTERMATH
THE RUN-IN
SHELTER AND WORRIES
FEELINGS
A CHANGE OF PLANS
TALENT AND QUESTIONS
A DANGER IN THEIR MIDST
NO CHOICE LEFT
MAKING PLANS
THE ARRIVAL
NERVES AND ANNOYANCES
SECRETS AND STORIES
FASCINATION AND BONDS
GUARDIANS AND SNAKES
GRIEF AND A CONFESSION
FRIENDS AND TEACHERS
ADDRESING AN ISSUE
SMALL FRUSTRATIONS AND BIG TROUBLE
WORRIES AND GOOD NEWS
A GROWING FONDNESS
JOKES AND CELEBRATION
A DAY TO REMEMBER
FLIRTATIONS AND RIDES
EMERGENCY SITUATION
BOLD MOVES AND REMINDERS
CATCHING UP AND A SURPRISE
QUESTIONING AND FAMILY
MEMORIES
DISTRUST
THE RETURN OF OPTIMUS PRIME
FRUSTRATIONS AND SUSPICIONS
CHANCES AND GIRLS
STUBBORNNESS AND GUARDIANS
NEEDED HELP
FUN AND PANIC
THE CHASE
A SENSE OF BELONGING
BROTHERLY HELP
SO YOU WANT TO GO ON A DATE?
ADVICE AND COLD FEET
THE REDHEAD
TECHIES AND STRESS
THREATS AND DECISIONS
SUSPENSION AND A VISIT
A NEW LIAISON AND A NEW AGREEMENT
DEVASTATION
SHARING AND SPARRING
PLANS
MEET THE FAMILY
HONESTY AND REVELATIONS
PROMISES AND THERAPISTS
TAKING A TROPHY
TO MAKE A STAND
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 1
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 2
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 3
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 4
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: END
AT LAST
DECISIONS
EPILOGUE

FEARS AND DISCUSSIONS

230 18 4
By Cman710

A/N: So yeah, unfortunately no big fight scene yet, sorry if that disappoints you guys. But don't worry, a big fight IS coming, and it'll spread over several chapters. So there is that to look forward to. :D

And as you may have noticed if you follow them, HaleyMcDonald881 wil be using Mark for her fic Black and Blue I am With You. (Honestly, still honored anyone wants to use him XD) This version of Mark, like the one in "Battle Cry" will be an alternate version of Mark, and will not coincide timeline or storyline-wise with this fic. Just a heads up. :)

...

CHAPTER 51

Fears and Discussions

Just as Mark had worried, Coulton was gone by the time that the Autobots got to his home. Resulting in what could only be described as chaos. Most of the Autobots wanted to hunt him down, while Optimus and Lennox tried to keep the peace. But it was clear that wasn't happening, it was not unlike Optimus's vendetta against Attinger. And who could blame them? They'd been taken advantage of, they ALL had. And to say the least, Mark was among those that was the angriest. This man had said horrible things about his father, and yet here he was, helping the Decepticons murder an entire neighborhood of innocent people.

He hated to say it, but he had the urge to kill somebody, namely Coulton. A part of him, deep in the pits of his stomach wanted to punch him until he bled to death. And yet, that wasn't him, and he knew it. He wasn't even sure he could do that and take another man's life like that given the chance. "Mark?" Mark turned his head silently as he noticed Sideswipe rolling up to him in the main area on the Autobot side of the base. "Are you okay? You practically stormed out of the room at that news."

Mark shook his head, his eyes lifting up towards his guardian and best friend. "I'm just so angry," Mark shook his head, his eyes now trailing to the floor. "After all that mocking, and how I was a traitor to the human race... He went and he murdered all those people with them." He lowered his voice. "I knew Coulton was a scumbag, but this is just... I don't know what I was expecting. That he'd at least have SOME humanity?"

Sideswipe shook his head, though he understood what he meant. They had all thought that maybe there was a shred of humanity in the man, but now they knew there was none. They weren't even sure he was human or not anymore. "Yeah, well, at least it wasn't someone you actually cared about," Mark smirked, knowing that was true. "You know, betrayal is a fragger, but at least this wasn't actual betrayal. Just more confirmation that we should have kicked his sorry aft to the curb months ago."

Mark nodded, knowing that Sidseswipe was right about that much. This wasn't a betrayal, and it was for that reason, Mark felt like they should have seen it coming. "So, Mearing must be ripping whoever hired him apart, huh?" Sideswipe nodded, and Mark chuckled a little. "I barely know her yet, but I would hate to be that government official."

"Oh yeah, you know it. Trust me, someone is DEFINITELY getting fired," Mark nodded, and though he felt bad for them, wondered if they may have been just as guilty. "Don't worry too hard about this, Mark. We're gonna find him, and make sure he pays," The boy smiled, knowing that much was true. "And if he's not brought to justice, it's because either Grimlock ate him... Or someone finally just stepped on him."

Mark thought that either one would have been a good way to see Coulton meet his end. And heaven knew that the man deserved it, big time. Mark then looked thoughtfully in the distance for a long moment, before turning. "Another battle's coming, isn't it?" He asked, grabbing Sideswipe's attention. "Like the one's in Mission City? Chicago? Hong Hong?"

Sideswipe grimaced, almost hating the fact that Mark was no doubt right. Things were coming to a head, and Galvatron was no doubt planning something big. The only thing they could ask themselves at this point was "What?" and "When?". "I'm afraid so, kiddo. There's no avoiding it, we always try, but we never really succeed," Mark tried hard not to be worried about that. "Don't worry though, we'll win the fight, we always do."

At least there was that, Mark figured. At the end of the day the Autobots never didn't come out victorious. Even when the odds were stacked against them so greatly in Chicago and Hong Kong, they were able to fight back and win. "I just hope no one dies this time," Mark muttered. "I know I've only known you guys a few months... But I owe you guys everything for what you've done for me," He explained. "And I know you all lived through Hong Kong, but-."

"Hey," Sideswipe nudged him gently. "Nothing's going to happen to any of us, kid. We're gonna kick those Deceptifreaks, and Coulton back to the pit where they belong!" He stated rather enthusiastically, bringing out a sword for emphasis. "You just gotta have faith, Mark. As long as you have that, most things are possible."

"Did you just get philosophical on me?"

"Eh, I get one of those moments every orn or so."

Mark laughed a little at that, his eyes tracing their way back up to him. He couldn't imagine Sideswipe acting like this often, but at the very least, it was amusing to hear it once. "Alright, Ghandi," Mark teased lightly as he poked his leg. "But you're right, I guess I can't really worry yet. There isn't even a fight happening yet, so." He shrugged. "Maybe I'll just head to bed, it's been a long day and I need an escape."

"Probably a good idea," Sideswipe nodded. "Come on, I'll walk you to your room."

"You don't have to."

"You kidding me? If that freak Coulton is with them, I'm standing guard tonight." Sideswipe told him rather firmly. "That guy had a vendetta against you, Mark. The last thing I'm gonna do is let you sleep without someone watching over you."

Mark almost wanted to fight that, almost. But he also knew that Sideswipe was right to be worried, they all were all things considered. Taking a deep breath, he nodded, and allowed the silver mech to follow him to his room. He was definitely looking forward to a long night of sleep.

...

Hound was fairing no better than Mark was, his rage building up slowly. Primus knew he wanted to shoot Coulton dead, in fact, he would have given anything to at this point. And yet, he had to stay strong, and calm himself down for the sake of Mark at this point. The clear night did help, especially as he watched the stars slowly forming in the sky just outside the base. "Well, that was an... Interesting day," Hound turned his head as Crosshairs approached him. "At the very least, the girl seemed nice."

"It's not the girl I'm worried about," Hound admitted quietly. "It's the fact that not only is Coulton out there, but we could be right... We could have had a Decepticon pretender as our liaison and never known," He paused a moment, turning his head back to look at the stars. "One that we let abuse Mark, and treat us like slag for far too long."

Crosshairs nodded, his optics traveling up to the stars as well. It didn't surprise Hound that the mech agreed, after all, this was very disturbing. In a way, and int eh simplest of terms, they all felt violated by the man. And not for the first time, they even felt violated by the US Government. "I know how you feel, Hound. I'm angry as pit too," Crosshairs noted. "But you know what worries me most?"

"What?"

"If he's a 'Con," Crosshairs began with great hesitation. "He had so many opportunities to take Mark. Too many opportunities," Hound nodded in agreement there. "So why has he let him go this long without being captured? Why simply try and crush his spirits?" He questioned, rather logically, one might add. "Galvatron knows he could bring us to our knees if he used him. He already showed that the last time he was almost taken..."

Hound didn't answer for a long moment. After all, the conversation made him understandably uncomfortable considering it was his son they were talking about. Inside, the thought of Coulton having even tried to take him was a disturbing one. Was this his eventual intention? "Perhaps he was smart enough to know if he ever touched my youngling... I'd blast him into so many pieces he'd wish he'd never been sparked," Hound stated with a low growl. "I'd let him know my distaste for him enough, anyway."

Crosshairs nodded, and seated himself on the ground silently. "Don't make a mistake, Hound. We all would," Crosshairs shook his head. "We may have gotten off to a rough start, but Mark is family. We look after our own," He explained, voicing a truth he had come to realize. "And that's why I never worry about the small fry. We would all protect him given the chance. Even Mirage, for all his coldness at least cares that much."

Hound smiled, it was a nice though, even if he hoped it wouldn't have to be proven. Or at least not again anyway, not after the last time where they had nearly lost him to the Decepticons. "Do you still think I was wrong?" Hound asked, causing his friend to raise an optic ridge in confusion. "For taking him in... For bringing him into this at all," He explained. "Should I have just left him alone that day?"

It took Crosshairs some time to think over the question. If he had been asked it at the beginning, the answer would have been all too simple. He would have not even had to think about it. Yet now that he knew the boy, now that he'd come to enjoy his company... "No," Crosshairs stated plainly as he shook his head. "I think it's only thanks to him we've all learned to trust the humans again. If it hadn't been for him and the Yeagers, well, I'm not sure what would have happened," He replied honestly. "We needed him."

Hound smirked. "So you finally admit that, huh?"

Crosshairs wanted to smack his close friend upside the head, but knew better. There was nothing wrong with stating the truth, even if it did mean admitting that at a time, he had been very wrong. "Besides, would he have been any better on his own?" He asked honestly, something Hound had to think about. "Even with all that Coulton did, and might still do... He has us, he has our group, and the other NEST officers." He then added. "He would have been targeted by Galvatron out of anger for what happened to some of the Decepticons anyway. And if he was gone, who would protect him?"

Hound shuddered at the thought of what that would mean. Imagining him on the streets. Alone, scared, and cornered by one of Meagtron's officers, who would no doubt finish him off. It was a thought that he quickly pushed out of his head, trying to save his processor the unwarranted stress. "I suppose you make a point there," Hound replied, his voice low. "Either way, his father connected him to this war. It's best that we took him in."

"Glad you're able to see reason still."

Hound sighed, turning back to the base. He knew he wouldn't be recharging until this was all over, but he also knew he had to try. "I'm headed back in, it's late," He began calmly. "I'm going to go bid Mark goodnight and then try and get recharge myself," He looked at his friend with great concern. "You should try to do the same thing, since I know you'll be worrying and angry tonight too."

"I don't know if I can even bring myself to recharge."

"Suit yerself," Hound nodded. "Goodnight, Crosshairs."

The walk back into the base seemed much longer than usual. But he quickened the pace quickly as he started towards Mark's room. As if he worried that sometime while he was gone, something had happened to him. He walked in, however, to a peaceful sight. Mark laying, asleep in bed, and Sideswipe, leaning against the wall, recharging, but with his sensors clearly on. He approached the boy carefully, watching as Sideswipe woke for a moment at the new movement, but only relaxed, and returned to recharge after realizing there was no threat.

There was no doubt in his processor that Mark would be well protected tonight.

Carefully, he ran a finger along his son's back. Smiling widely, and keeping his optics on the boy carefully. Mark only snuggled deeper into his mattress, smiling at his foster father's touch, relaxing. It was a position that Hound was able to leave him in for the night, knowing he would be safe. And at least for now, he would be able to relax knowing Coulton, nor the Decepticons would come for him that night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fire Dog 7 By ShabaTLK

General Fiction

160 0 11
One dog will have to face his own fears to save the ones he loves and perhaps find his place, while a firefighter seeks a companion to help him get o...
199K 9.2K 30
Arthit is 30 and Kongpob is 28. They are a couple living together for almost 5 years already. One day, Arthit got in a car accident, his brain dam...
887K 42.3K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...
554 11 6
Scarred by a cataclysmic meteor strike, humanity struggles to rebuild amidst the wreckage. As civilization begins to take its first tentative steps f...