Throwing It All Away

By cmb1995

Maria is a politician making a name for herself, at 29 years old she is the youngest person to run for govern... More

Feeling
Adressing The Press
Protection
Confussion
Assuming
Fire
Return
Safe
Storms
Tension
Release
Finally
Secret
Mistake
Truth
Done
Over
Win
Departure
Repaired
Choices
Gone
Faster
Party
Planning
Life
Marriage
Wedding
Validation
Epilogue
catch and release

Sight

29.8K 819 73
By cmb1995

It was Sunday and Maria had a brunch in with the ladies of the Conservative party. She opened her eyes, not realizing she was still in Nicole's room. She sat up in the bed running her hand trough her hair. The bed was empty and there was a note on the pillow.

Hey ,

Setting up security. Be ready at 12.

Love, Joanna

Maria's mind raced. 'What if Joanna saw me in Nicole's bed. She'd think we slept together. Now, I'll have to talk to her.'

She got out of bed heading to her room. She looked in her closet, picking out a blue snug, knee length dress. She loosely curled her long brown hair and added a little make up. She was at the bottom of the stairs putting on her heels.

"Maria?" Nicole said slowly walking over to her. Maria jumped a little.

"Ye...Yes."

Nicole had a wide grin across her face, like she had won a prize. "You look beautiful." She hoped she didn't push her boundaries.

"Thank you." Maria couldn't help the smile that formed on her beautiful face. Her green eyes lit up, pulling Nicole in more.

"About last night... well this morning. Joanna didn't see anything. I told her we switched rooms for safety concerns. Is that ok?"

"Yes, it's fine." Maria sighed with relief. She wouldn't have to tell Joanna. Though, she couldn't get over how Nicole made her feel last night. Wrapped in her arms, her tight body pressed so close to hers. The way her heart serenaded her to sleep.

Joanna stood at the door waiting on Maria. "Hello! We have twenty minutes to get there. Let's go!"

Maria grabbed her purse running for the door. She was so caught up in her memories she didn't see Nicole leave. As her and Joanna walked to the car she notice Nicole and felt the need to just kiss her.

'No Maria no!! The hell are you thinking. You can't kiss her. Are you insane!?'

She sat in the car. Hoping her mind wouldn't get the best of her.

*********

"Ladies, I present to you Mrs.Maria Santiago-Valdez."

A loud cheer erupted through the dining area. Woman of all ages filled the room. Maria made her way to the stage.

The ride to the brunch was short. Thoughts of Nicole, her body and how she made Maria feel filled her mind. Making her blush at the thought of Nicole holding her so close.

Maria started her speech, however, she didn't say the awful mean things she did before. She was kind and didn't really speak bad of anyone. It surprised her. Even as the words spilled from her lips. She felt like a doppelgänger, watching her body from a distance. As her speech came to a close, her body somehow met her spirit again and she locked eyes with Nicole, who sat at the back of the room.

Maria finished, thanking the woman for coming and headed to the table where Nicole and Joanna sat. "That was wonderful Mrs.Valdez." Nicole stated, standing.

"Thank you." Maria blushed.

"You're welcome. I have to go check the building but, there are guys here and there." Nicole pointed to two men in suits who nodded their heads. "They will watch over you."

She walked away leaving Maria with a slight frown. She wanted so much to see Nicole's face. Sitting there watching her with a sparkle in her eye. She wanted the feelings Nicole brought to her. "Maria smile there are cameras around." Joanna whispered.

A small smile formed on her face. That emptiness came back. It filled her, less than before but, it made her sick. Faking all emotions, every smile and laugh. People seem to believe it but she knew it was all for show. She knew that Nicole was changing her and it felt great.

*********

"Alright, Jesse and I will take the north side. You two the south." Nicole had a commanding tone in her voice. After she and Jesse headed north, her head filled with thoughts of Maria. She thought about how their eyes locked, making her heart accelerate with excitement and worry.

Nicole and Jesse had check a few rooms before Jesse spoke up. "I saw how she looked at you. You had sex, didn't you?"

Nicole loved Jesse like a sister but, the girl's mind was always on sex and who did what. Sometime she didn't even know why she talked to her about these things. "No." She said flatly, as if the thought hadn't even crossed her mind. Though while she held Maria all night it raced through her brain at the speed of light.

"Then what was that look all about? Like she just wanted to take you in front of all the prude assholes that were in there?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. There was no look." Nicole could see Jesse questioning whether or not to believe her. They continued down the hallways in silence.

"I think she likes you Nic." Jesse said out of thin air. As if something was saying hold back.

"No. Now drop it." Nicole's voice was somewhat cold. She knew if she told Jesse about last night she'd get the same lecture she always got. 'Married women mean no good!'

Jesse was someone Nicole always count on. Back when she was a player, she didn't think so but others did, Jesse hid her from crazy boyfriends or girlfriends. To Nicole, Jesse was her best friend and sister but, she could not and would not tell her.

"Hey Nic. I'm sorry I keep hounding you over Maria. I just want to make sure you know I'm here to listen anytime."

Nicole shook her head, "I know." They walked back to the dining hall where Maria stood shaking hands with a bunch of figure heads who's husbands were even more powerful. Nicole walked to Maria, noticing how her dress gave her the perfect figure and her heels made her legs long. She averted her eyes as she got closer. "Excuse me, Mrs.Valdez when ever you are ready, the car is outside."

"Thank you." Nicole turned to walk away. "Wait! Officer Brian I would like you to meet my mother. She just flew in today. Mom this is Ni...Officer Brian. Officer Brian, my mother, Gloria."

Nicole noticed the slight Spanish accent in Maria's voice, it made her heart jump in excitement. The chance that she could hear Maria moan her name with that accent. She turned her gaze to Maria's mother. "Nice to meet ma'am. Will you be joining Mrs.Valdez in her car?"

"Sí, there was a nice young man who helped me put my bags in there. Maria hijá, where's john?"

Nicole saw a slight sadness in Maria eyes at her mother's question. "He's out on business. And mom, before you go off, Officer Brian has been with me since he left."

"That's good. I can't have my baby girl all alone. Be a doll and grab my purse." Gloria directed towards Nicole. Nicole could see that Maria was nothing like her mother. Absolutely nothing like her. Maria and her mother headed to the car, Nicole followed, holding Gloria's purse. Even though it looked more like an overnight bag.

The ride back to Maria's house was not the usual calm silence. Instead it was filled with Gloria's nagging about the driver. Or, how Maria wasn't treating her husband as he should be treated. Even worse, how Maria should just quite her governor run and become a housewife like she was. Nicole looked through the mirror, seeing Maria gazing out of the window. Her eyes were a bit cloudy, as if she was seconds from crying.

They pulled up to the house. Nicole got out, opening the door for Gloria, who instead of saying a kind thank you as Maria always did, snapped at her to get her bags and put them in the guest room. Nicole wanted to slap the woman. But, she bit her lip, exhaling heavily through her nose. Carrying the ton of bags Gloria brought, she sat them in the guest room next to hers. "Maria!"

Nicole heard Gloria's accent, thick with a slight demeaning undertone. After the second yelling of Maria's name, she saw her standing at the door. "Sí Mamá?" Nicole couldn't help the smile on her lips. Though Maria was a grown woman with an amazing body, her accent made her sound so innocent.

Gloria looked over at Nicole, then back to Maria and began speaking in Spanish. Maria frowned, "Sí." Maria slowly turned on her heels heading to her room. Gloria looked to Nicole, placing a smile Nicole knew was fake.

"Thank you for your help. You can go." Gloria said.

Nicole nodded and went to her room. It was only 4:30pm, so she changed her cloths and headed for a much needed run after dealing with Gloria. She slipped on her shoes and walking down the hall she stopped at Maria's room. She knocked, "Maria?"

Nicole turned the knob and pushed slightly, seeing Maria lying on her stomach, head in the pillow. "Maria. Hey come on you don't need to be sad. I'm not that bad am I?"

Maria turned on her side, surprise filled her face. She eyed Nicole's shirtless body, forgetting for a brief moment of her nagging mother's comments. She laughed lightly, "It's not you. If you haven't noticed my mother isn't the most supportive."

"Well I hate seeing a beautiful woman down. Want to come with me?"

Maria noticed Nicole's bright smile. She felt it light her soul and fill her hole some. "Where? Running?"

"Sure, but we don't have to run. We can just walk and talk if that's what you want."

Maria thought for a moment. 'Be in this house with my suffocating mother or go with Nicole.'

"Yeah, I'll go. I just need to change."

Nicole got up leaving the room. "I'll be downstairs."

*******************

Ok I love how this chapter went. I hope you do too. I wanted to make it longer but one I have physics homework and two I'm not sure you'd all want to read someone so long. I really hope you enjoy.

Thank you

Much love

-M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 31.3K 29
(GXG)"Tell me what you want me to do to you. It's just a bit of role play" I decided to play along "I want you to eat me out" I whispered and she sa...
1.7K 53 3
It's been over a year since Cassidy Miller retired from the United States Marine Corps, but try telling that to her nightmares. She knew that coming...
25K 768 29
[completed] It's been a long time since Captain Police Heirra Servens has last experienced romance. And now, her teenage romance that she never got t...
310 25 15
-Inari Hart is a 25 year old FBI Agent by day, but a pole dancer by night. She's also the daughter of a multi-millionaire CEO named Issac Hart. She's...