What's my sin?

itunuoluwA1 tarafından

"life is better without the abuse no matter how alone you may be" A young girl tells of her experience throu... Daha Fazla

Chapter one: Another morning
Chapter 2: Demotion
Chapter 3: Dad
Chapter 4: A new friend
Chapter 5: Friendly Trouble
Chapter 6: Birthday
Chapter 7: Hide and seek
Chapter 8: Boomerang
Chapter 9: Happy day ruined
Chapter 10: Shocker
Chapter 11: A day of freedom
Chapter 12: Back to the hood
Chapter 13: Sisters
Chapter 14: A taste of Power
Chapter 15: Tricked Christmas
Chapter 17: Journey alone.
Chapter 18: A new breeze
Chapter 19: Scandal
Chapter 20: Freedom walk
Chapter 21: Adapting
Chapter 22: Clique bangs
Chapter 23:Boarding tales
Chapter 24: The siege
Chapter 25: Fire!!!
Chapter 26: Dreams do come true

Chapter 16: Crossover

377 45 0
itunuoluwA1 tarafından

I may have been beating on Xmas day but i wasn't about to let my spirit get ruined by my wicked sister. With Xmas every year came a Xmas tradition for us. Today is boxing day and annually we went to amusement parks, for swimming or wherever was chosen for us by the elderlies.

by the next morning, the house was filled to the brim and one could hear the excited shrill of my siblings from afar. The rest of my step siblings were around with their mums also. Okay, so we don't get confused here. My dad has 5 wives, each of which birthed 2 kids for him. The lucky younger ones however were allowed to live with their parents while the older ones had to stay close to my dad.

Martin and Kingsley held on to their sisters with joy and had began chattering away with them.

"Ruth how are you? " I was finally noticed amidst the hustle bustle in the room.

"I'm fine ma". I was Sitted on the stool in the corner of the room and tried to be unnoticed. It worked because no one else noticed I was around until we all had to load ourselves into the bus, parents excluded.

"We are going to the water parks" Dara blurted excitedly. I was also excited. I loved swimming, not just because it was fun but I could go deep into the water and bury my thoughts. Or so I thought.

Few minutes later we arrived at our destination and pushed each other to get out.

"Take it easy" Mr Kunle barked at us bringing us to order. We got down gently and waited for him to lead us in. The events that followed were amazing. I can safely say we arrived at water heaven.

"You can go and swim now, but you have to be careful. I'll be here---". We didn't hear the last of his instructions as we all ran diving into the pool. The pool was filled with kids both big and small. Parents were standing at the edge of the pool supervising their kids. This wasn't what I planned for. I got out of the pool and walked around. Soon I got distracted with several gifts showcased for sale and I moved closer.

A very large doll caught my attention from the show glass. It reminded me of my little doll at my mum's place. I moved closer and placed my hands on the glass. I wish my mum was here to buy it for me. Just then a little girl came pulling her mum closer and pointing at the doll.

"Mummy mummy I want". She could be what? 5? 6?.

"it's mine" I said catching her attention. Her mum looked at me and laughed.

"Where are your parents? " I looked at her then at my feet.

"Who is getting it for you? " she asked again.

I became speechless and sad at the same time. Then I remembered I had my feet. In two words I ran. The people in the pool began to reduce. I was about diving in when my eyes caught a very large slide. I ran for it. Swimming became fun for me then. Hours passed by before Mr Kunle came to call us.

"It's time to go" he stood by the edge of the pool waiting for us. We began to grumble. "Give us 5 more minutes "Dara pleaded.

"10" Kingsley added. He became impatient. "if you are not in the bus in the next 5 minutes I'm driving off". We looked at him and saw that he was serious. We scurried out and rushed to the bus.

The rest of the week was lonely for me. My siblings had no time for me as their siblings were still around. I spent most of my time at the backyard singing and counting stones most time. The days went by fast and it was the last day of the year.

As usual everyone living on planet earth went to church and so did we. More so as children of the pastor we had no choice. Mama always made sure we got to church earlier than the vigil was meant to start. This gave the kids lots of time to play.

I looked around for Ola and found him at the back of the church with other kids. I looked at what they were doing in amusement as he distributed roles for everyone.

"You will be the mother of the bride" he said to Kemi. "You will be the father of the bride" he said to another.

"Who will be the husband? " Kemi asked obviously not happy with her role.

"I will be the husband " Ola said.

"Why can't I be the wife then? " she queried "I am very beautiful to be a bride".

Ola was about giving her a response when he noticed me looking at them from the corner of the wall.

"Come Ruth, you will be my wife" I blushed with happiness from within as I stepped forward to join them

"But she just came" Kemi protested.

"Will you be her bridesmaid then?" I knew she would never as she scowled at the thought.

"No I'm fine being the mother." she pushed Jane as Dunni towards me. "They will be your bridesmaid.

"Okay good" Ola nodded and stretched his arms towards me. "Come my wife". I placed my hands in his still blushing. Very soon we had improvised a wedding gown from the church's store, wrapping the curtain around me and a net for veil. We looked for a basket in which we cut several pieces of tissue from the church toilet into it as confetti.

Our Church had a very narrow passage leading to the bathroom and we made it our walkway. Soon, Dara and the rest of my siblings joined us and we formed a choir and a pastor. Martin served as the pastor, hole Dara was made the head of the choir.

The song began and we began to walk down the aisle while Jane and Dunni sprayed the confetti. Kingsley was our stakeout and came running soon to alert us.

"Someone is coming! Someone is coming!". In a twinkling of an eye, the passage we deserted. We all ran into the church and fell giggling onto each other.

"That was close " Ola said panting.

"Where is your wedding gown? " Kemi asked me laughing. I looked at myself also and burst out laughing. I couldn't tell how i got rid of it in the chase. We all laughed hard before the church bell stopped us.

We all gathered together in a section of the church, each to his or her seat. The Praise section was always our favorite as we made sure we out danced the adults showing our happiness. During praises we got no caution from the elders and made sure we enjoyed ourselves. However, the praises came to an end soon enough and a pastor climbed the pulpit to lead prayers.

This was also a time for us to pray and discuss. The preacher kept stating some huge vocabularies in the local language which put us off. This time we got a lot of scolding from the adults for not praying. We prayed for a while again and soon got distracted again.

Now the dreaded time came, as kids when a preacher mounts the pulpit and starts delivering a sermon, our sleep button automatically turns on. But for the five of us we dared not. We had to put off the sleep button as soon as it comes on. I looked sideways at the right side of the pulpit and my eyes met with the lingering eyes of mama as it bored down on us. Now, you know why.

Unlike other kids mama always gave us a boring lecture on how pastors children were meant to behave, most of which always fell on deaf ears as we weren't in control of our systems. We tried enduring it for some minutes and the smile from mama urged us on. I looked at my siblings and they were all awake though the struggle was written plainly over their face.

Suddenly we were at home playing, I was so happy as I played "I call on" with my siblings. The game went on for a while until mama came to join us. I was surprised as I saw her walk towards us.

"I want to join you guys" she said. We were happy and welcomed her until she began walking towards me becoming bigger. I became frightened. "Wake up" she said

"What?" I asked confused.

Instantly I felt a knock on my head jeering me out of my dream world. I stood up instantly and looked around me. Mama was looking down at me with disgust before she turned and walked away. I must have slept very comfortably for time to pass so fast because everyone was on their feet hollering. It was new year. I joined others in shouting and congratulating which lasted for fifteen minutes.

The sleep had left my eyes finally and I sat down with others immediately my Dad stepped on the pulpit. I wouldn't say I was listening keenly but I knew he was preaching. Another pastor came after him bringing the programme to an end. Eventually the service came to a close.

Every kid in the Church including us ran outside the gates throwing bangers and fireworks. My dad was always against it so we could only watch and squeal as the sticks exploded as they touched the floor or went into the air. There were greetings here and there with people shouting happy new year.

The hours passed by fast and finally we headed back home. Mr Kunle drove the five of us home which was unusual as mama never let anyone ride her car.

"What happened?" I eventually voiced out our thoughts. Mr Kunle looked at us from the mirror. He shrugged "I don't know, why don't you ask your mum when you get home?". The rest of the journey was silent.

I do not know how it happened but eventually my dad got wind of the fat that I ran away from home and was very pissed. I didn't get to know of this even when my dad arrived with mama and my step mum. Probably because he didn't want to spoil the new year. He left home as soon as he came and we were told he was on ministrations.

It wasn't until weeks later when he arrived and called for me.

"Daddy is calling you" Kingsley ran inside and disappeared as fast as he came. I was surprised. When did he get back? I shrugged, Not like I cared anyway. I stopped again as I got down from the bed. But why will he suddenly ask of me?. I became scared instantly and did the sign of the cross which I believed saves me from any trouble. His calls were never a good omen.

The living room was empty and I supposed they were all with my dad. I never felt excited for once to come running when he arrives. I was right. I opened the door to mama's room to see Kingsley, Dara and Charles playing on his lap and giggling as he tickled them. Martin was sitting in a corner looking at them. Though he wasn't petrified of my dad as I was,he still knew his boundaries.

My dad looked up and saw me, immediately his countenance changed as he got up. He went to a corner and picked a stick. He moved towards the step and motioned for me to come. I moved slowly towards him. My siblings were kneeling on the chair this time waiting to see what was going to unfold. He sat on the step leading to the dinning room and pointed to the ground in front of him.

I stood where he pointed and looked up at his serious face.

"Who is your daddy? "

I became petrified. Okay I must explain, right from when I was a kid I have always referred to my mums husband as my dad though I never understood why she wasn't married to my real dad. Her husband is the nicest man I have ever met and I could jump on him and do as I liked. He was so cool hence his name "Daddy cool". Even up till now I still knew him to be my dad not this being who kidnapped me and took me away from my family.

"Who is your father? " He asked again making me tremble under his voice.

I opened my mouth slowly, calculating my response.

"My da..dd..y is...... "

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

52 0 13
This is a story about love, relationships, toxicity, recovery, and hope. In this story we will delve into the reality of abusive relationships at the...
664 52 31
McKenzie Prince has been called many things in her life. Being labelled as a pathological liar and 'trailer trash' were the ones that seemed to sti...
3.3M 120K 61
𝚈𝙾𝚄'𝚁𝙴 𝙼𝚈 𝚂𝙰𝙻𝚅𝙰𝙶𝙴, 𝚈𝙾𝚄'𝚁𝙴 𝙼𝚈 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴
686K 41.6K 53
"𝗣𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻.. 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘀, 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘀" © -𝙼𝙾𝙽𝙴𝚈𝙲𝙷𝙰𝚂𝙴𝚁 �...