Liquid Metal: An X-men & Quic...

By EDrake

Born with genetic mutations that give them abilities beyond those of normal humans, mutants are the next stag... More

Quicksilver
Chapter Two: The Pentagon
Chapter Three: Charles Xavier
Chapter Four: New Record
Chapter Five: The Pains of Packing
Chapter Six: A Lovely Goodbye
Chapter Seven: Adjustments
Chapter Eight: I Hate Working
Chapter Nine: Moms
Chapter Ten: A Stupid Rubber Ball
Chapter Eleven: Refuge
Chapter Twelve: Cover Blown
Chapter Thirteen: Man Down
Chapter Fourteen: Single and Solitary
Chapter Fifteen: The Circus Master
Chapter Sixteen: Daddy Issues
Chapter Seventeen: All Good Things
Chapter Nineteen: Home
Chapter Twenty: Moonlight and stars
Chapter Twenty one: Security Breach
Chapter Twenty Two: Wanda
Chapter Twenty Three: Green
Chapter Twenty Four: More Than a Friend
Chapter Twenty Five: What I Did Wrong Part 1
Chapter 26: What I Did Wrong Part 2
Chapter 27: Misinformation
Chapter 28: The Cost of Reality
Chapter 29: David
Interlude
Chapter Thirty: Bonfire
Chapter Thirty One: Familiarity
Chapter Thirty Two: The Snow Bubble
Chapter Thirty Three: Explinations
Warning: Construction Ahead!!
I have no excuses

Chapter Eighteen: Hot Wire

1.4K 61 15
By EDrake

Sorry this chapter is so short! love you guys and thanks for the love!

***

Apparently we weren't that far away from a city. It was one of those little ones where everyone's probably knows everyone else and the local fair is the biggest and most exciting event that happens throughout the year.

I had managed to swipe some different clothes from a second hand place and to my surprise and delight I found a mechanics place wedged between a sketchy bowling alley and a pizza place.

"Come on" I said pulling Peter behind me as I proceeded to j-walk across the not so busy street. If you're wondering what the hell is going on between the two of us the least I can say is that there wasn't any awkwardness between us like I had thought there would be. Neither of us said a word on the subject and I was totally fine with that.

"What are we doing?" he asked rather confused.

"You'll see" I said craning my neck around a corner to two directions to check for potential trouble.

As I had predicted there were multiple cars in the back. some of them looked like they had gone untouched for at least thirteen years, but a particular blue 1987 Buick Regal.

"No... no way we're stealing a freakin car Josie" Peter hissed at me as I walked/skipped over to it and slid into the front seat.

"Got any better ideas?" I asked as I leaned over to get at the steering column. "and besides, you can't say you haven't stolen your fair share of stuff." I managed to kick it off after a few tries.

"I've corrupted you" He scoffed going to sit on the hood and I only smirked.

I managed to pick out the ignition wires (they ran vertically) but I needed to sever them, "go find me wire cutters" I said and in a split second he appeared at my side holding out his hand with what I needed.

It took me roughly five minuets to carefully strip the wires about an inch back then pressed it to the wire for the engine battery happily getting a spark and a low grumble of the engine. I made sure to test the gas a few times so it wouldn't stall on me. The only obstacle left was the steering lock which, given the heart breaking state of this car, would break with just a good bit of force.

To my delight the car started up and I got the steering lock disabled, albeit it almost sounded like it was gonna give out on me for a second.

"So where did you learn to hot wire a car?" Peter asked, sitting next to me now in the passenger seat facing me with an elbow on the dash as I pulled out of the lot. How we got away with this I do not know.

"I spent a solid four hours once reading a car manual" I said wishing it was a cooler story, "I could probably tell you every part and what it does... If you know how it works then its not hard" I shrugged. Contemplating the whole situation.

So here I was on my way in an illegal vehicle with my silvery-haired moron, in a place I didn't even, know where, trying to get back to the institute.

And to be honest, the only thing that predominantly stood out in my mind was I really missed my own bed.

********

A/N: As promised I got a chapter out! Now that doesn't mean it's a good one at all :)

Sorry it's so short!

Also yes I know how to hot wire a car PLEASE DO NOT GO DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN! DON'T STEAL CARS GUYS! Sorry I feel like I had to put this out the cause of moral reasons lol. Also, most cars these days simply cannot be hot wired like the used to.

Question of the day: what's your favorite movie?

My answer: The Book of Life or any marvel movie that's not Thor

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.2K 1.6K 36
16 years ago, Tony Stark had a little thing with a women and had a daughter. They named her Star. Turns out she has powers and has to move in with th...
16K 549 12
X-Men's Quicksilver x female reader with the ability to manipulate/warp reality and travel between dimensions. You had always dreamed of being a pa...
105K 1.7K 30
This is a story about you being Tony Stark's daughter. But one day while you were working down in the lab something happens. But then when it gets cl...
38K 1.7K 56
Sequel to "Falling for a Maximoff". After we fell for Wanda and our mother is okay with it, there shouldn't be anymore problems, right? Well the dail...