Babysitting the Bad Boy

By Yolosawag1

Lucas Hunter is a the bad boy who rules Baker Hill High School and everyone that walks the halls. Ariel Montg... More

Summary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Surprise
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
A Question
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Sorry
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Authors Note (Please Read)
Epilogue
Some News...
New Title...
Surprise!!!

Chapter 29

19.9K 725 159
By Yolosawag1

"Ariel I'm so sorry that happened to you. You are the last person who deserves that." Tyler said to me as we sat on his couch and I had just finished telling him 

I shook my head, "It's just, we're supposed to be best friends. And he doesn't believe what I'm telling him, as if I would have a reason to lie about it." I said.

"He's being a dick. And eventually he's going to realize it." Tyler said.

I just sniffed and stayed quiet for a few seconds, "I'm sorry you had to listen to me with all of this stuff again. I know it's the last thing you want to hear." I apologized to him.

He shook his head, "Don't apologize to me. You can complain to me all you want." He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

I smiled as I leaned into his shoulder, "I don't know what I'd do without you. All of you." I said.

He unwrapped his arms, "I'm gonna go order a pizza I'll be right back." He said getting up and walking into the kitchen.

Afterwards he came back and sat down next to me and we started watching movies on the TV. Twenty minutes later there was a knock on the door.

"Come on in." Tyler called and it opened to reveal Maya, Miles, Cole, Aaron, Alex, David, Brianna, and Brian who all walked in.

I looked at Tyler who was smiling at me, "You didn't order a pizza did you?" I asked him.

The smile stayed on his face as he shook his head, "I felt like this would be better." He said.

I smiled widely before getting up and running over to them. They met me with open arms and we had a group hug.

Fifteen minutes later we were sitting in a circle on the floor of Tyler's living room and I had told them what Katie had said to me, and done to cause the whole Lucas breakdown.

"Jesus Christ Ariel. You seem to have the shittiest luck in the world." Cole spoke up once I had finished retelling the story. 

I laughed humorlessly, "It appears so." I said. 

"Well, don't worry. This summer is going to be amazing. We're gonna go to the beach, plus our friendcation to Six Flags. And then, you and I get to spend a month in Ireland away from everything." Maya said, scooting closer to me and snuggling up to my side. 

I smiled and scooted to her as well, "Wait you two are going to Ireland? For a month?" Cole asked.

I nodded, "I thought I told you guys?" I asked, looking around the circle.

"You did. Cole just doesn't pay attention." Tyler spoke up.

"You two are going to be gone a whole month?" Cole asked. 

We nodded silently, "Well it's decided then, we're gonna die." He said.

I quirked an eyebrow in question, "Well come on. You two are the only ones that keep the rest of us from doing dumb shit. Without you two one of us is probably going to die." Cole said.

The other guys glanced at each other before seeming to shrug in agreeance, "Well, Brianna congratulations you're the next babysitter." I said cheerily. 

She made a face, "I'm honored." She said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next week was spent in my bedroom watching Netflix and starting AP summer work. Lucas did not make an appearance when I watched Clara and it was best off that way.

Friday I went into school, since it was the last day. Maya and Tyler both kept me distracted throughout most of the day. It wasn't until History, when we had to watch all of the videos.

Ours was last. It started off hilarious, quick clips of us arguing, doing dumb shit, and talking were cut together and it was great. Then he focused on Lucas and I. He tried to make it look like a love story. 

It was mostly just clips of us talking or laughing when we didn't know we were being filmed. I hadn't thought it would hurt so much to see it. It did. Especially with the glares of Katie coming at me from where she was sitting next to Lucas.

I refused to show any emotion. She wasn't going to see me break. No one was. 

When the video was over I sat still in my seat, ignoring the glances thrown my way and the whispers uttered. When the bell rung I got up and walked straight out of the room before everyone.

I could hear scrambling and people hurrying after me. I walked down the hallway to my locker, getting my things to leave. I still had lunch and two more classes but I didn't care. I wasn't going to deal with everyone staring and whispering.

"Ariel, are you okay?" Maya called after me, catching up when I reached my locker.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just gonna go home though. I don't want to deal with everyone else staring at me and talking about me." I said as I pulled out everything and put it in my backpack.

"Ariel I am so sorry. I didn't know about your fight until I'd already finished the video and sent it to Mr. Collins." Cole said as he caught up with me.

I gave him a small smile, "It's okay Cole. I know you didn't do it it hurt either of us. I just need to get out. I can't deal with it right now." I said as I closed my locker.

"Ariel, can I talk to you?" I froze as I heard Lucas' voice ring out behind me.

Thankfully, Tyler and the other guys stepped in, "She doesn't want to talk right now. You should go." Tyler said.

"You don't get to speak for her. Move Tyler." Lucas said.

"No. She doesn't want to talk to you. And you don't deserve to talk to her." Tyler said, standing strong.

"Tyler, move out of the fucking way." Lucas said, sounding nearly deadly.

I slammed my locker shut and turned around, breaking through the wall of testosterone to come face-to-face with Lucas.

"You do not get to talk to him like that. He's being there for me. They all are. They are trying to be there for me when you won't be. This is your fault. There is no one to blame but yourself, Lucas. You've messed up a lot. But this time I don't think you can fix it. So stop trying to." I said to him before walking away, pushing through the small crowd that had formed. I walked out of the building, got into my car, and went home. 

Let my last summer as a high school student begin.

~~~~~~

That night Maya and I were having a girls sleepover. The next morning we were heading out for a weekend at Six Flags. We had been planning it for a couple of months and that along with mine and Maya's month in Ireland were the only two things that had gotten me through the end of the year. 

"Come on Ariel. He's hot. I'm not saying date him and fall in love, but at least maybe hook up. He's interested." Maya said, waving her phone in my face, the screen showing the Instagram page of some guy she'd been talking to in an attempt to set me up with him.

I scrunched up my nose and shrugged. I didn't need to find someone to hook up with; one phone call to Tate and that was all I needed. But of course, she didn't know that, "I don't know if that's the best idea. The last time I hooked up with a stranger, it turned out he wasn't actually a stranger, but the cousin of one of my closest friends." I said.

"Well this time he is a stranger. He has no relation to anyone in the friend group. And, he's at the party. Come on. let's go to the party." She basically begged me.

"I don't know Maya..." I trailed off, unsure. 

"Ariel. I promise, if Lucas, or anyone else like that shows up we can leave as soon as possible. I just think this would be a fun way to kickoff the best summer ever." She said.

I smiled, "Fine. But I'm driving because I don't want to drink." I said and she squealed with excitement before jumping up to get ready. 

An hour and a half later I pulled up to the house, parking my car on the curb before we climbed out of the car. I could hear the music from the driveway and as soon as we walked in, I could smell the various vape juice scents and alcohols.

Maya disappeared within two minutes of being inside and I went to the kitchen, finding a sealed water bottle before opening it and taking a sip. I made sure to hold onto it and not put it down anywhere. 

Thankfully, I didn't recognize most of the people at the party, even though the few I did recognize from school began whispering and staring when they saw me. I just rolled my eyes and moved onto the next room. 

After a while, the smell of watermelon, bubblegum, blue raspberry, green apple, and everything else became just a bit too much, and I had to go to the back porch to get some air.

It was pretty quiet out there, mostly just a few couples kissing and making out and all of that fun stuff. I just stood there and looked out, listening to the music from inside. Everything felt oddly peaceful. 

"What are you doing out here? The party's inside." A voice rang out from behind me.

I turned my head to see a guy (a very hot guy) standing there, looking at me curiously.

I shrugged and turned back to look out, "The smell was a lot to handle, so I came out here to get some air." I answered.

He appeared at the railing next to me, "You mean you don't like the smell of every vape juice known to man and alcohol mixed together?" He asked. 

I spared a glance to see that he was smiling. I returned the smile, "I know it sounds crazy." I said sarcastically with a light laugh.

"You don't go to Grey Prep, do you?" He asked me.

I quirked an eyebrow, "So is that the school throwing the party then?" I asked and he nodded, "Huh. Nope." I said with a smile.

He laughed, "So where do you go to school?" he asked. I was quiet for a second, ready to answer but he spoke again, "You know what, why don't I just start with asking your name?" He asked. 

I smiled, genuine this time, "Ariel." I answered.

He smiled lightly, "Pretty." He said. I smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"So I guess I should ask your name. Otherwise I'd have to call you Grey Prep. And I don't want to call you that." I said and he laughed.

He smiled and turned around, so that his back was leaning on the railing, "Max." He said.

I smiled, "Well it's nice to meet you, Max." I said. 

He smiled back, "So now may I ask what school you go to?" he asked. 

"Baker Hill." I answered.

He thought, "Can't say I've heard of it." He said with a shake of his head.

Holy. Shit. This was like a gift from God.

I shrugged cooly, "It's about a half hour from here." I said.

He just shrugged, "So are you a senior?" he asked.

I nodded, "Technically now I am. My last day of junior year was today." I said.

He nodded, "Same here." He replied. 

We held a conversation for quite some time. It felt so fast I hadn't even realized two hours had passed until I looked at my phone.

"Oh shit. I'm really sorry. I have to get my friend and go. We have a pretty early morning tomorrow." I said, apologizing as I stood straight up.

"No worries. It was really nice to meet you." he said.

I smiled as I pressed Maya's contact and help my phone to my ear, "It was really nice to meet you too." I answered.

After the phone rang once it went to voicemail. I pulled the phone away and looked at it in confusion.

"Everything alright?" Max asked, curious.

"Her phone rang once and then went to voicemail. We agreed before we split up that I would call her once we hit midnight." I said.

He shrugged, "Maybe she's too drunk." he said, trying to come up with a possible answer.

"Oh she's definitely drunk, I'm DD tonight. But it rang once, so that means she saw it and forwarded it to voicemail." I said.

"Here I'll help you look for her. What's her name?" he asked as we walked back into the house.

"Maya." I answered, getting nervous about what could've happened to her.

We walked through every room downstairs but I couldn't find her. Eventually I spotted Brianna, "Hey Have you seen Maya? She won't answer her phone and we can't find her." I said.

Brianna furrowed her eyebrows. Thankfully she didn't appear that drunk, probably since she as going with us to Six Flags in the morning, "Um I think I saw her talking to a guy a little while ago. But I haven't seen her since." She answered.

"Do you think everything is okay?" She asked me.

I shook my head, "No I don't" I said before making my way to the stairs.

I ran up them, Max and Brianna following me. I made my way down the hall, listening at any of the closed doors. The only one I heard muffles from was the last one at the end of the hall. 

I prepared myself for the possibility at walking in on someone. before barging into the room. It was a good thing, too.

I had approximately one second to take in what I was seeing before I had to react. Maya was lying on the bed, looking nearly comatose, while a guy stood at the edge, about to unbutton his pants.

"Get the fuck away from her!" I yelled, running over and pushing him away.

"Hey what the fuck?" He yelled, stepping up to me.

Brianna rushed over to Maya. I held my hand against the guy's chest. I turned to look at him, "Stay back." I warned.

"Is she okay?" I asked Brianna.

"I think so." She answered.

"What the fuck is your problem bitch?" He spat at me.

I snapped my head to him, "My problem? My only problem is with you. She is drunk off her ass. Way past blackout. And you were going to take advantage of her like that?" I asked.

He said nothing, "Do you know what that is?" he just stared, "That's called fucking rape. I could call the cops right now. You'd be arrested. And I'm positive a pretty face like yours wouldn't last very long in prison." I said, looking him down with my deadliest stare.

"She was into me. I wasn't going to rape her." He said, fishing for an excuse.

"If she can't say yes then she can't say no. I suggest you get out of this room, and this house before I do call the police." I threatened, standing tall.

He looked like he wanted to say something but then clenched his jaw and walked out of the room. Max made sure to shut and lock the door behind him.

I turned and rushed over to the bed where Brianna was helping Maya sit up, "Hey Maya? Are you there?" I asked her.

She squinted and held her hand to her head, "What happened?" She asked groggily.

Brianna and I shared a look of relief, "You got too drunk. Come one, let's go home. You're gonna have a really shitty day tomorrow." I said as Brianna and I stood up, each of us holding one of her arms to help her stand.

"My head hurts." She mumbled.

I supressed a smile, "I know. Let's go hon." I said as we began walking.

We made it downstairs and to the front door. Brianna helped me get her in the car where she practically knocked as soon as the seat belt had been buckled.

"Are you gonna be okay getting her home?" Brianna asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. She won't put up much of a fight." I said.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." She said with a small smile before walking away.

I turned to Max who had followed us and made sure no one got in our way on our way out. I gave him a small smile, "Well, I'm sorry this is how we had to end the night." I said.

He smiled slyly as well, "Don't apologize. I'm glad she's okay." He said.

I glanced over at Maya, passed out in the car, "Me too." I said quietly.

I turned back to him, "I had a really good time tonight." I said.

He smiled, "Me too. You're pretty awesome." he said with a small laugh.

I returned it, "Thanks. You are too," I thought for a second before taking a jump, "hey, I know this is super last minute, but tomorrow morning, me and a bunch of my friends are spending the weekend in at Six Flags. We'd be getting back late Monday night, and there's an open spot in one of the Hotel rooms. If you can't or don't want to I completely understand, but I would really like it if you'd come." I said, looking him in the eyes.

He was quiet for a second as he thought. Then he smiled widely, "I would love to. I'd have to check with my parents, but I would really, really like to go." He said.

I smiled widely, "Really? Awesome. Here's my number, text me if you can and we'll pick you up on the way." I said, pulling out my phone as he did the same.

We exchanged numbers and said goodnight. I managed to get Maya back home and in bed before changing into pajamas and climbing into bed. Before I fell asleep my phone went off.

It was from Max;

27 Woodward Way, Greenwhich
What time should I be ready.

I smiled widely as I typed a response.

We'll  be there at 7, see you tomorrow!

And with that, I fell asleep. Let summer begin.

A/N: Here y'all go!!!! Hehehehehe

On a serious note, I'm really glad you guys like this story!!! Truly, it makes me so happy. BUT when you guys simply comment "update", i promise you, it does not make me update any faster. While I understand it's from a place of excitement, and anticipation of the next chapter, it only takes a few more seconds to add a couple more words than JUST "update".

SO, for future reference, there are very few things that will ever make me update sooner than my every other week schedule I currently have (I'm a busy pal)

BUT I STILL LOVE YOU ALL AND APPRECIATE YOU TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ THIS STORY

DON'T FORGET
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

XOXO- Gossip Girl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 92 13
Oliver Queen returns from purgatory with Jayden Lance to retake their city and avenge. Unknown to them the city has changed as well. It's been 5 year...
136K 4.1K 66
"Okay, Whatever you say, Mum, I'll babysit the little man," ๐‘จ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’๐’…๐’‚ ๐‘พ๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’•๐’‰ the good girl. ๐‘จ๐’๐’”๐’†๐’ ๐‘ณ๐’–๐’„๐’Œ the bad boy. ๐‘บ๐’†๐’๐’๐’ˆ ๐‘ฑ๐’–...
80.9K 3.1K 21
Jeanie was excited for summer, just like everyone else. But when her parents announce that they will be going to Europe for the summer with some high...
16.6M 642K 63
BitmiลŸ nefesi, biraz kฤฑrฤฑlgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuลŸ, Elleri nasฤฑrlฤฑ, Gรถzleri gรถzlerime kenetli; "ฤฐyi ki girdin hayatฤฑma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...