The Accidental Matchmaker

Da BlackManiacx

previously known as: The Taming of the (Male) Shrew. Anika Trivedi had a simple life plan: • graduate • get a... Altro

introduction
chapter i
chapter ii
chapter iii
chapter iv
chapter v
chapter vi
chapter vii
chapter viii
chapter ix
chapter xi
chapter xii
chapter xiii
chapter xiv
chapter xv
chapter xvi
chapter xvii
chapter xviii
chapter xix
chapter xx
chapter xxi
chapter xxii
chapter xxiii
chapter xxiv
chapter xxv
chapter xxvi
chapter xxvii
chapter xxviii
chapter xxix
chapter xxx
chapter xxxi
chapter xxxii
chapter xxxiii
chapter xxxiv
chapter xxxv
chapter xxxvi
chapter xxxvii
chapter xxxviii
chapter xxxix
chapter xl
chapter xli
chapter xlii
chapter xliii
chapter xliv
chapter xlv
chapter xlvi
chapter xlvii
chapter xlviii
chapter xlix
chapter l
chaper li
chapter lii
chapter liii
chapter liv
chapter lv
chapter lvi
chapter lvii
chapter lviii
chapter lix
chapter lx
chapter lxi
chapter lxii
chapter lxiii
Author's Note {3rd March}
Author's Note (April 12th 2020)

chapter x

4.1K 556 317
Da BlackManiacx

chapter x. A Little Trust

As Shivaay lead Anika down the hallway of the first floor, Anika relaxed. They had walked around the ground floor silently already.

"Shivaay?" Anika called out.

When she didn't speak, Shivaay looked at her to find her lost.

"Anika?"

"I am feeling really bad."

"What? You didn't like the family?"

"No!" Anika rolled her eyes. "I love them and that is why I am feeling so bad. They are all so hopeful and welcoming and I am just lying to them."

Shivaay walked closer to her and smiled lightly. "Anika, I know. I felt bad for a while myself but I realised how happy my famil was. I didn't think me having a girlfriend would change so much. They haven't met you for three hours but Mom is so happy, everyone even gathered together for dinner which is a rare case in itself."

"We can tell them the truth Shivaay. What if they come to know from somewhere else?"

"It's me, you, Gauri, Om and Rudra who know. I am sure they will not tell anyone."

Anika was still unconvinced. Shivaay sighed. "Anika, I promise when I tell them the truth, nobody will blame you, okay?"

"Shivaay they will be hurt!"

"Why are you getting angry at me? You should realise that you were the one who began with this in the first place." Shivaay snorted and took a step away, running a hand through his hair.

Anika flinched and looked away. "Fine. If I began it, I am ending it." Anika gave him a sarcastic smile before turning and walking away.

Shivaay looked at her from behind, covering his face with his hand. Just as she was about to turn down the corner, Shivaay pulled her again and Anika crashed into his chest.

"What is wrong with you!" Anika struggled in his grip.

"Listen, I do not want to forve you into this but you have to understand, I am doing all of this for Om. I realise that there is something he isn't telling me so if I can get it out of him just by fake-dating you for a while, I am going to do it. If it means I can see him happy as he watches me go on dates and try to find myself a bride, I am doing it. If you tell everyone, they are not going to be happy and will be more annoyed if you visit us. So you can decide if you want a welcoming Oberoi family or a hostile one."

"Oh how about me not helping you at all?" Anika sneered and managed to pull away from him.

"Anika, I am trying my best to not get angry."

"Don't try, I don't care." Anika threw her hands up in exasperation and turned away. Shivaay sighed and looked at her as she took angry steps.

Not two steps away and Shivaay pushed her against the wall. Anika looked at him with wide eyes.

"Get. Off. Me."

Shivaay put a hand on her mouth. "Okay listen, Badi Maa is standing just opposite to us. At this point, I can only hope you decide to help me do this. Please Anika." Shivaay looked at her intently. As he felt her stance relax, he tried more. "I swear I have no ulterior motives. I just want to see Om happy and my family happy. If it means keeping them in the dark, as I find them actual happiness, I am doing it. Trust me a little bit?"

Anika bit his hand and he took it off with a frown, throwing her a disgusted glare. "Okay fine."

Shivaay sighed.

"But, you have to promise me you are not going to man handle me or push me against walls." Anika narrowed her eyes.

Shivaay pulled away with a light nod. Anika had only straightened up when he leaned closer to her again, making her back touch wall. He was not touching her, at all, she noticed.

He leaned to her right ear and Anika stood still. "Badi Maa is watching us. Just convincing her that we weren't arguing."

Anika nodded lightly and Shivaay pulled away. Smiling at her, he began walking down the hallway and Anika took deep breaths to calm herself down. She had never been so close to anyone except family and a few friends. Smoothening out her skirt, she followed him quickly.

---

They were now back in the living room and Anika was sure she was getting all those 'looks' because of what Shivaay had done. She awkwardly tucked an hair strand behind her ear and smiled at Pinky before settling down.

"Anika, it has been wonderful to meet you," Dadi began, "I am sure all of us can see exactly why Billu has finally found himself a girlfriend." Everyone smiled at her and she did too.

"I can only wonder why he didn't tell us about you sooner." Pinky frowned and pulled Shivaay's ear who was sitting on her other side.

"Ow Mom. No!" Shivaay leaned away from her, rubbing his now red ear.

"Aunty, I should leave now. Gauri messaged me so long ago that she wasn't feeling well. I am sure she had something too cold even when she knows she can't take this weather change."

"Both of you are lovely young women." Janhavi added. "I am sure your parents must be proud of you."

Anika grinned. She looked at Om who was smiling stupidly to himself and smirked to herself. Her sister had gotten such a lover boy.

"Shivaay, I think you should drop her home."

"Mom I am not her chauffeur!" Shivaay rolled his eyes. "Shivaay, go bring Anika. Shivaay, go drop Anika. No. Just no."

"Haww! What sort of boyfriend are you?" Pinky frowned.

Anika looked at him pointedly before tapoing Pinky's shoulder.

"Aunty, it's okay. We just had an argument. I'll go by myself."

"Nahi puttar, even if you argued Shivaay should understand and not be a kid. You shouldn't support his stupid tantrums."

Shivaay's mouth hung open and the Oberois all looked at Pinky in amusement. It was no hidden fact, Pinky was somebody who'd always support Shivaay, no matter how annoying he'd be.

"Mom, I do have a presentation at 5am."

"But you are an owl anyway. Don't give me these stupid excuses."

"Choti Maa, let them be. I will drop Anika." Om got up and Anika raised an eyebrow at him. "I wanted to collect my schedule from Gauri as well."

Pinky sighed and nodded. Getting up, she hit Shivaay on his head and turned to Anika. When Anika got up, she hugged her and Anika looked at Shivaay with a smile. "Bye Billu!" Anika mouthed and winked at him.

As she bid goodbyes to everyone else, Anika followed Om outside. Pinky shook her head in disappointment. "You can romance her in the corridors but when you can go out and at least say a proper goodbye you are standing here like an idiot. Tch tch."

Shivaay groaned and followed them. Once they were outside, Anika turned to Shivaay.

"You could just come and dropped me anywhere to convince them."

"My family knows me. If I would have, that would be out of character." Shivaay shrugged. "Also, why did you tell them that you proposed to me? That was not a part of our plan."

"Same reason as you. Pinky Aunty thinks you are horrible at romance, quite correct but yeah. So the cliché proposal wouldn't have worked at anyone."

"Shivaay, Choti Maa sent you outside to romance Anika. Either do that or let us leave. I have to come back as well."

Shuvaay shrugged and turned away. Anika was about to walk away when Shivaay grabbed her elbow and pulled her backwards. Before Anika could understand what was happening, he placed a short kiss on her cheek and walked away.

Anika stood rooted on her spot until Om honked and she quickly hurried to the car.

Her phone buzzed.

Mom was watching
from the doors. -.-

---

So, it happens to be my birthday today👀 Not sure why I am telling this to everyone but you guys should know I love you all so much and thank you for making this year amazing. I have been writing so much on ShivIka in this last one year and it has been a fantastic experience for me <3 I have quite grown from where I began and this means a lot to me. So many people following me (425+ people think following me would be a good idea?!), immense number of reads and votes and of course, the lovely comments you guys leave :')

You guys are, of course a major reason that I have four conpleted books and quite a few on-going ones.

Thank you for all this love.❤

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

76.6K 7.4K 15
Two broken and desperate individuals, both betrayed by their respective spouses team up for one mutual interest, to rewrite their stars! She was alwa...
80.3K 5.3K 41
Plot credit : @patatoto @shifa_avneil Shivaay Singh Oberoi, a buisnessmen who is perfect in everything started falling for a girl named Anika. But ev...
38.7K 5.2K 54
He was an extremely kind and compassionate man who agreed to work on behalf of his friend as a wedding planner for her wedding. Unexpectedly and also...
148K 10.7K 39
This story concentrates on shivaay and anika separation track where shivaay came to know that HARSHAVARTHAN TRIVEDI is not anika's dad. its the trick...