Waves || Christian Yu

By blu_fics

A story for my lovely brown girls 🌻 Inspired by Normani's "Waves" "Text me when you need me." More

01: Excuse me...
02: Anytime, Anywhere.
03: Blueberry
04: 20 Questions
05: +Ian?!
07: Breakfast
08:
09: FaceTiMe
10: Hey
11: 진짜? Really?
12: Miss Y(o)u
V-Day Side Story
13: Bambi
14: My Ky
15: Ona
16: Riight
17: Thank You
18: Coffee
19: Roo
20: Bow Your Heads
21: Deal
22: Ringing
23: Locked
24: Walls
25: Blurry
26: Numb
27: Harmless
28: Do Not Respond
29: Whiskey Blue
30: Run
31: Ky
32: Guilt Stained
33: Ortegas Rotas / Crumble
34: Wake Up Love

06: Blunders & Lightning

3.3K 115 38
By blu_fics

Issa long one lol. Shoutout to JNOPEISMYHOPE  for my second set of first votes. ❤️ you are JDOPE.
___________________🌻__________________

I couldn't focus the whole meeting. Kay might as well have been the teacher from Charlie Brown because all I heard was "whannn whaaannn whan" like a Ying Yang Twins song. Although Christian did nothing but pay attention to the first half of the briefing in its entirety, he started to text me once Kay asked if there were any questions and I was a whole hot mess.

Ian:
Fix your face.

Ky:
It's your fault.

Ian:
How was I supposed to know
you worked here?!

Ky:
🙃

Ian:
Really 😑

"Alright everyone, let's break for lunch and meet back here around 2." Kay had grabbed everyone's attention back with a slight tap of the table with his hands. Voices started to clamor as some decided on lunch plans and some still sat in their seats.

Christian immediately turned to me, his lips started to part to speak, but before he could even utter the first letter, "Hey, Ni'Kya..." We both turned our heads to Adam, who was hovering over me, "If you didn't have lunch plans, I thought we could go to-"

"Shoot ideas around over some food? Great idea, Adam." Christian had jumped up from his side of the table and walked around to ours. He briefly scrunched his nose and eyed Adam with a smug smile til he stood between the two of us. "The THREE of us totally should do that. BRILLIANT idea." Hands in their pockets, the two males, similar in height, sized each other up as my eyes darted between the two.

"Oh totally. That's exactly what I meant.... the three of us..." Adam kept eye contact with him, letting the tension slowly rise in the air as the two tried to read each other. I quickly popped from my seat, about 2 inches shorter than them, nearly tripping in my heels as I made an attempt to break them up.

"Aye! So, leggo. I am starving." I say with a slight laugh, trying to lessen the mood. They both snapped their heads in my direction, letting said tension briefly dissipate.

"Sure, I know this great-"

"What are you in the mood for K-Ni'Kya.." Christian immediately cut off Adam's preemptive suggestion and focused on me as he corrected himself from saying my nickname. He eyed me intently with those dark brown eyes, waiting for my response as he always does while Adam awkwardly closed his mouth. I raised my brows, as if I didn't hear him to which he responded, "What do you want..."

I pursed my lips fighting back the heat rising between my thighs from his stare, my thoughts simply slipped out, "You..." Oh shit, quickly trying to recover from my heated blunder, "Y-you choose. I'm not really sure what I want." I looked off to the side, fully embarrassed as he stifled his laugh, knowing what was really on my mind. Great.

"How about Italian?" He raised his brow and smirked.

"Yep. Sure, that's fine." I quickly responded as I darted out the door, he and Adam following right behind. I felt my phone buzz and my eyes widened at what was on the screen.

Ian:
Seems like you'd want
dessert after...

I could feel him smirking behind me, causing the hairs to rise on the back of my neck. Just thinking about what we did well into Sunday morning was something I needed to go confess at the altar, for the church was definitely saying amen. Moses himself would need to part the sea that was forming. Wayment....Hol'up....

Ky:
We need to talk.

Ian:
...later.

Ky:
NOW.

I could hear him sigh as the three of us stepped into the elevator and rode it down to the first floor. Adam suggested we should all just ride with him to a near by Italian spot as he jingled his keys to show his BMW key-fob. Christian rolled his eyes as we made our way to the white car and got in, me in the passenger and Christian in the back.

Ky:
KOREA?!
I thought you were from Duluth
or maybe John's Creek but
ACTUAL FUCKING KOREA?!

Ian:
...Ky. I was going to tell you.
I just didn't know how.

Ky:
Oh please, that's the oldest
line in the book.
This was just going to be some fling
for you while you were here, wasn't it?

Ian:
No! I told you that. It's whatever
you want it to be.

Ky:
What I want?!
What do you want?!

Ian:
💬

What could he say? 'You're the girl I've been dreaming about and now that I've finally found you I'm not going to let you go?' Sure... 'Come back with me to Korea?' Oh-Kay... 'I know it's only been a few day of us ACTUALLY knowing each other, but...' Ha!

I could feel him staring at the back of my head as I focused on his text bubble. He must've been writing a paragraph because of how long this was taking. The three dots faded in and out, still nothing until we parked...

Ian:
...you.

I heard the sound of doors unlocking and then the two men getting out, but I couldn't move. I was frozen. How could one simple word throw me completely off?

"Ky..." I follow the low tone to see Christian standing in the open door frame. The sun beaming behind him prevented me from seeing his face, leaving only a glowing outline to his dark figure. Somehow... this felt all too familiar as he reached his hand out to grab mine, but he paused when he heard Adam.

"You two coming?" He stood there with a questionable look on his face, eyes shifting between us.

"Yeah," he quickly answered, "something fell out of her bag under the seat. We'll be there in a sec." Christian gave him a reassuring smile as he laced his fingers with mine behind the car door.

Without thinking, I snatched my hand back from his, my heart racing as I recalled why this seemed like a replayed moment, "Don't." He looked a bit puzzled from my reaction, "He'll notice." I lied. Still a bit upset and dumbfounded, I slid past him and walked around the front of the car, towards the entrance, straight past Adam, leaving Christian to close the door.

-🌻-

This canNOT be happening. I thought to myself as we looked over the menus. You haven't had that dream for months and NOW this n*gga pops up and it played in real life? Nah bruh. It had to just be a coincidence. The very last dream you had of 'Mr. DP' (dream perfect) happened about 2 months ago...

"He's real, Ky! You just have to believe it. I'm telling you, it just God showing you who your man is." Tia said as she dug into the freshly opened Edy's cookie dough ice cream.

"Yeah, well.. God should just show me the n*gga's face then so I could recognize him when he shows up. He's either blurry or blocked out from the sun." I laughed, "Then maybe I wouldn't be out here lookin foolish errytime I THINK I found the right one. Like in this one, he reached out to me and I went to reach back, but I woke up."

She finished scooping her desired amount into the bowl and slid the carton my way, "You'on need to see his face. It's about FEELING. Girl how you feel in them dreams is what will draw you to him. Not his face. You can't fake a feeling." She said as I rolled my eyes. "Plus from what you told me, he'd make you happy in more ways than one." She semi twirked as she suck her tongue out from her spoon.

"Shut up, Tia" I laughed.

I peeked over the top of the menu. Christian had a bit of a solum look on his face as his eyes read. He couldn't be... I never saw his face in any of them tho... Plus, I stopped having these dreams a long time ago.

We ordered shortly after and had a bit of small talk as we ate, discussing how the flow of the project should go or just random things here and there, til Adam excused himself to use the restroom, leaving Christian and I alone.

"Ky..." he said as soon as Adam got up, "Can you at least look at me please?"

I had been formal with him the entire conversation without actually acknowledging him. Arms folded, I slowly made eye contact with him, those eyes screaming thousands of words all at once. "Why didn't you-"

"I want us to be together, but things will have to be on my terms." I'm sorry.... N*GGA WHAT? I scrunched up my face to his words, "I know that sounds a bit odd, but-"

"You DAMN right. HELLLL nah."

"Ky, just listen for a second..."

"Why? You're not going to be here for long anyway." I rolled my eyes.

"I mean for this to continue working AFTER this project is done and I have to go back."

"But even so, why on your terms?"

"Because you're hardheaded. I've learned that about you already." I raised my brows in pure shock. Did this fool just call me HARDHEADED like some fuccin child?

"HARDHEADED? N*gga if you don't-"

"Ky, my work requires me to travel often and I know that could be VERY difficult, let ALONE me living in another country, but-"

"So what? Your terms means you get to do what you want and that's it?" I bent my head to the side, neck rolling as I spoke.

"No, I would put you first and have your best interests at heart in everything, but you just have to agree to trus-"

"No."

"No?"

I sighed, both in frustration and sadness from what was about to come out of my mouth, "Once you're gone... let's just leave whatever this is where it is and end things..." No, don't say that. You don't mean it. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO TRY. STOP RUNNING.

His eyes twitched as a sad expression started to creep across his face. "...A-are you serious? You don't even want to give it a shot?"

"You said it yourself. You'd just roll in and out like the tide and I don't need that." You know he won't. Look at him, he's already been thinking on how to make things work.

"Then what do you need, Ky? Just tell me..."

"After you leave the states..." NO. "Let's just dead this..."

By this time, Adam had made his way back and sat down, "So you guys want dessert or?"

-🌻-

The ride back was silent, the only noise from Adam's radio. The second half of the meeting seemed to go by quickly, because before you knew it, it was 5 and time to go home. Turns out Christian would be given a temporary office for his stay here, so running into him would be inevitable.

Once we were all dismissed, he got up and left without a single word. What else did you expect dumbass, you pretty much broke the guy's heart. Adam said his goodbyes with a handshake that seemed to linger way too long to be considered normal.

As soon as I got in my car, I instantly called Tia, "It happened."

"Girl what happened." I could hear her heels clicking trough the parking garage for her building.

"Mr. DP. The one when he reached out for my hand.... I-it happened, and it was with Ian."

I could hear her fumbling with the phone and her keys hit the cement as she let out a huge scream, "GIRL I TOL'JUUUUUU!!!"

"Tia calm down, it was just the one thing. And PROLLY a coincidence.."

I heard he car door close in the background as she cranked up her car, "Oh unt-uh. The way you told me he dicked you down AND now one of the dreams came into fruition, I'm just waiting for the one with the roses and-"

"He's going back to Korea." I cut her off.

"Wait... what?"

I sighed, "Turns out HE is the one our company has been set to work with on this project. It's launching both here AND over there and the client requested that he worked with us on it. And as soon as it's done..." I could feel my eye water a bit, "...he's leaving.."

She was silent for a bit, "...well. Just enjoy him while he's here then." I knew she was holding back more, but didn't want to push the issue with me, "Figure the rest of it out later."

"I told him once he's gone, we're done."

"Ky.." she let out an aggravated sigh. She had this thing called her 'Mom stare' that all black women developed at the age of 3, and I could easily feel her doing it through the phone.

"Tia, please don't. I had already come to terms with Mr. DP being some made up dude in my head from all the shit I wanted from past relationships. Can we not.." She didn't say anything. "Tia..."

"Fine. But let me know when you get home. It looks like it's about to thrown down and I know you hate lightning."

"Already ahead of you. Bye, love you."

"Love you too."

The dark clouds were already looming when I turned on the street of my apartment complex. Nope nope nope nope. I HATED lighting since I was a kid, and this storm looked like it was about to get it crackin. I slid into my parking spot and hopped out as fast as I could, already seeing some flashes in the distance.

I was starting to shake as I made it to my floor and unlocked my door just as a loud crack and flash of light echoed through the hall and I rushed inside. Panicking I dial the first number I could think of. Unexpectedly, they picked up after the first ring.

"Hello?"

"C-can you come here? Please?" I had my eyes closed as I sat on the floor against my kitchen counter, covering my other ear.

"Ky, are you okay? Where are you?"

"I'm at home. I just... please. I'll send you the address."

"Okay, I'll be there soon." As soon as they hung up, another loud crack and flash of lightening went off, cutting off the power and forcing a whimper out of me.

It seemed like forever that the loud thunder went on random flashes of light flickering through my tightly closed eyes. *Knock knock knock*

I shot up and raced to unlock the door and grabbed tightly onto the drenched figure in front of me, "What took you so long?" I buried my face into his neck as he gently held onto me, walking me back into my apartment and closing the door.

"10 minutes of out lights and crazy drivers on wet roads. But... you needed me.. so.." I looked up to him. Hair soaked with rain water, shirt stuck to him like glue. He had clearly ran right out of where he was with out any care of his own to come see about me. Stupid, "Are you okay? What's wrong?" Before I could even answer the lightening cracked causing me to latch onto him even tighter. He gave a slight laugh. "Ah."

He walks me over to the couch to sit me down, but stops, not wanting to get the furniture wet, "Ummm do you have a change of clothes I could borrow." I nod as I lead him down to my room and pulled out one of my big sleeping shirts and sweatpants and hand it to him before plopping down on the edge of my bed.

I watched as he changed out of his jeans and put on the sweatpants, then slid his wet shirt over his head, the little bit of light from outside dancing on his skin. The small moment of peace was short lived, a huge flash of light and loud BANG erupted, causing a slight shake to be felt throughout the apartment, "Ky... Ky...I need to put the shirt on." Without realizing, I had jumped up and latched onto his back with a tight grip around his waist, whist he only had the sleeves over his arms.

"Nnn-mm" I shook my head, squeezing tighter.

He gently grabbed my arm and tugged me around to the front of him, "Are you really that scared?" He seemed a bit surprised as I nodded. He sighed and tugged me towards my bed, "Come on." He laid down and pulled me in next to him and I repositioned myself to lay on his chest. He pulled the comforter over our heads and wrapped his arms around me, placing a kiss on my forehead and rubbing my arm.

I could still see and hear the commotion from outside, but as I focused on his breathing and heartbeat, I began to calm down. I looked up and saw him rub his eyes, lids fluttering open and closed, "You tired?"

"A bit, I didn't go to bed til about 4 am preparing for today." I recalled him saying he could put off work stuff for us to hang out Saturday. He must've known what I was thinking because he followed up saying, "It was completely my choice to put it off. Don't stress it."

Stupid..."Go to sleep."

"Not til I know you've calmed down."

I shifted my head down, "I'm fine. Go to sleep."

"You don't have to lie."

"I'M NOT." I sat up and squinted my eyes as he smirked, "And thank you..."

He adjusted himself to look over at me, "For what?.."

"Being here..."

"Well, like I said earlier...you needed me..."

"Anytime, any place..." I said with a slight smile, part of his face disappearing behind my shadow. There it is again... I recalled another dream of this very moment. The face hidden in the shadows, and the flickering of light. The firm but caring grip around my waist as I looked down.

I couldn't help myself. Bending down to kiss him, his grogginess still apparent because he didn't do his usual protesting, but rather accepted it. Taking advantage of this, I started to plant kisses down his neck, his chest, but as soon as I got to the rim of the sweatpants, "Ky..."

"Shhh.. let me say thank you." I say, tugging down the grey AND1s along with his boxers.

"You don't have to d-" he sharply inhaled as my mouth slid down over him, replacing the remaining words with a throaty moan.

I could tell he was refraining from grabbing ahold of my head by the way he was gripping at the sheet. Smart boy.

Focusing on him had almost made me completely forget about the storm entirely. Watching his facial expressions and hearing cuss words hiss from his mouth was enough to keep me more than occupied.

Noticing he was nearing, I picked up the pace a bit, egging him on. "Shit.. Ky, move."

"Mm-mmh." The vibration from my response just made him reach even faster. He stopped short of my head and grabbed both sides of my shoulders as he released into my throat, his moans filling my ears with delight as I swallowed, giving him one last good draw before sitting up, "Now go to sleep."

It didn't take long for him to pass out, myself shortly after. As I drifted off into sleep, I thought to myself how things would go back to normal once he was gone. How I wouldn't have nights like this or mornings like Sunday. Would I really be okay with him coming in waves JUST to have a relationship? I knew things felt good while he was here... but how strong could they remain once we were miles apart?

______________🌻______________
🎊Happy New Year yal!🎊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 152 36
I was inspired by Isobeljones and DolphinGirl so I decided to discontinue my other stories and make this, by discontinue I mean delete. This is my ca...
759 8 30
She needed to be saved, he wanted someone to rescue.
718K 18.1K 78
"Don't you get it, you're mine, the sooner you realise it the better." The first chapters are so bad but it was my first time writing and I don't kno...
12.4K 369 21
Inspired by the song (Rihanna-we found love) ummm Chile anyways So... Enjoye the book #1 - vidcon (8.5.2021)