Almost Lover (Harry Styles)...

By Posh777

Ava McCain An aspiring song writer living in London with a secret past. Harry Styles A famous singer who mak... More

Cast & Story Info
Chapter 1: This is what I was born to do
Chapter 2: Hair or Tattoos
Chapter 3: Everybody Hurts Sometimes
Chapter 4: No Harm Love
Chapter 5: Literally Frozen
Chapter 6: Opportunity Knocks
Chapter 7: Memory Lane & Text Messages
Chapter 8: Change Your Life
Chapter 9: Lover-Boy
Chapter 10: Wrecking Ball
Chapter 11: Barfights and "Goodnight"s
Chapter 12: Saturday Hangover
Chapter 13: Sunday Brunch
Chapter 14: Friends
Chapter 15: "Goodbye London."
Chapter 16: Falling
Chapter 17: A Confession and A Wager
Chapter 18: Evening the Score
Chapter 19: Let Her Go
Chapter 20: "Stop Thinking."
Chapter 21: "Not a Chance."
Chapter 22: The Not So Great Escape
Chapter 23: Inspiration and Pub Brawls
Chapter 24: When I Was Your Man
Chapter 25: Karaoke and A Huge Step Forward
Chapter 26: Text Messages and Twitter Pics
Chapter 27: Soundcheck Revenge and CPR
Chapter 28: "We sort of have company."
Chapter 29: A Not So Good Start
Chapter 30: The Truth
Chapter 31: Breakfast and....
Chapter 32: "It was bloody amazing."
Chapter 33: Toasts and Secrets
Chapter 34: "I Love Cereal."
Chapter 35: No Going Back
Chapter 36: "Tell me."
Chapter 37: "Keep going."
Chapter 38: She was Right
Chapter 39: Words of Wisdom
Chapter 40: Sheet Music and Shaving Cream
Chapter 41: Hiking
Chapter 42: "I dont know."
Chapter 43: The Plan
Chapter 44: Waiting
Chapter 45: "I want revenge."
Chapter 46: Heartbreak All Over Again
Chapter 47: "You know."
Chapter 48: "Over."
Chapter 49: Jokes Laughs and Racing Hearts
Chapter 50: Love Looking Back
Chapter 51: Love The Way You Lie
Chapter 52: Fan-girling and Extra Pressure
Chapter 53: Lies and Bets
Chapter 54: Testing Testing
Chapter 55: To Do or Not to Do That is the Question.
Chapter 56: "Okay."
Chapter 57: "I'll stay with you every night."
Chapter 58: Halo
Chapter 59: Secret Plans
Chapter 60: Friday
Chapter 61: "I'm with Kelsey Worthington."
Chapter 62: "You need to go. Now."
Chapter 63: Estates Holdings and Threats
Chapter 64: Emotional
Chapter 65: Stalker or Romantic?
Chapter 66: Tweets
Chapter 67: Making Plans and Saying Sorry
Chapter 68: Surprise After Surprise
Chapter 69: A Bad Day
Chapter 70: "I am afraid."
Chapter 71: Images
Chapter 72: Whatever It Takes
Chapter 73: "It's called love."
Chapter 74: A Night Out
Chapter 75: "I'm Yours."
Chapter 76: "I'll go get him."
Chapter 78: Signing Shopping and Sighing
Chapter 79: A Perfect Dress and A Decision?
Chapter 80: Girl's Night or Plans?
Chapter 81: "A french saying."
Chapter 82: A Secret
Chapter 83: A Beautiful Dress a Present and a Castle
Chapter 84: Three Words
Chapter 85: "What did you do?"
Chapter 86: "Make me not feel anything."
Chapter 87: Heartbreak and a Text Message
Chapter 88: "Let me go."
Chapter 89: A Punch in the Face and A Plane Ride
Chapter 90: I can move on.
Sequel: All of Me

Chapter 77: Wise Advice or a Drunken Rant?

14.9K 465 43
By Posh777

-Harry's POV-

My knee impatiently bobs up and down while I still in a chair and wait for Louie in his room. I can't believe he was so stupid as to pull a stunt like this. It would of been wretched had it gotten out. Not only that but now he's gotten Ava involved in his cock up.

My head snaps up when I hear the sound of the door opening. Louie walks through it, trying to cover the scared look on his face with a smile.

"Ay mate. How's it going?"

"How's it going?" I scoff at him, "Hmmm let's see.. My best mate gets in a fight at a bar and gets arrested, which could be a huge problem for the band. Then he decides to involve my girlfriend, leading Niall to interrupt us in the middle of a bit of a heated moment. So now here I am sitting in your room, instead of in bed with Ava where I should be right now. So I'd say it's going pretty shitty."

Louie cringes at my words, "I'm sorry mate."

I shake my head at him as he starts to chuckle, "I truly am a cock block aren't I?"

"This isn't funny and sorry isn't going to cut it this time Louie. What the hell where you thinking getting pissed and into a proper fight?"

Louie sighs and drops himself down onto his bed, "Can't a fella just have fun?"

"Sure, but not like that and you know it."

"It's fucked up, we can't even act like normal twenty year old blokes. We have to watch every bloody thing we say and do." He whines.

"It comes with the job, you know that. And it's a pretty small thing to sacrifice for what we get to do." I point out.

"Yeah yeah. I'm just sick of it all." He rubs his hands over his face and groans.

"What is this really about Louie? You've never done something this mad before. What is going on?"

Louie sighs and sits up, "El cheated on me." He says quietly.

"What!?" I ask, shocked.

"She told me this afternoon. Some guy on her campus." He explains, his eyes getting red.

"She loves you, why the hell would she do that?"

Louie shrugs his shoulders, "Cause he was there and I wasn't. I'm never there, not how she needs me to be."

"You break up?"

"Yes. No... I don't even know really. I love her mate, I'm just gutted she did this to us."

"I'm really sorry Louie." I say sincerely.

"She said it only happened once. She confessed it to me, if that means anything. Said she still loves me. Her crying over the phone telling me just about killed me."

I don't know what to say to him. I feel terrible for him.

"I'm sorry mate, I never saw this coming. Not with how you are together."

"Yeah, that's the problem. You can't see it coming. It just happens and it fucks up your whole world. You'll see... If Ava leaves the tour, you'll see."

"What? Ava would never cheat on me." I say, offended he would even suggest that.

"That's what I thought about El. But here I was on tour, while she was back at UNI, getting attention and affection from some prick bastard and there was nothing I could do about it."

I shake my head at him in disagreement, but I can't help the thoughts overtaking my mind.

"You got to get her to sign that contract mate. I can't see you go through what I'm going through."

"Ava wouldn't do that. She loves me."

"Has she even told you that?" He asks, already knowing the answer, "Right, she hasn't. El told me, all the time. We've been together for years for fucks sake. And she still did it. Only way to make sure it doesn't happen is if she's here with you."

I know Louie is still half drunk with how he's rambling on, but I can't help the nagging feeling that he may be right.

"Listen Harry. El goes to UNI in a small town. The amount of men at campus that would try to pursue her is pretty small. If Ava moves to LA, she's going to have loads of lads after her. She's already in the public eye so everyone already knows her name, she's got her charity work which makes her desirable for any celebrity or politician who wants to look better, she's right fit, and she's bloody rich. If she's away from you for long enough it will happen. Phone calls from thousands of miles away and a few days together a month doesn't compare to someone who is right there with her everyday. Someone who's giving her everything you can't cause you're away on tour."

"Stop. Don't want to hear this." I shake my head and stand up. "None of this even matters anyway. She'll stay... I know she will. I still have a little over a week left to get her to."

"A week?" Louie looks at me confused, "The contract is up on Monday."

"Next Monday." I correct him.

"No, this Monday. It's been three months this Monday."

"What?" I go over the days in my head, realizing he's right. Shit.

"You have three days mate. If she hasn't signed it yet, it's probably cause she isn't going to."

"No, you're wrong." I say, trying to convince myself that my own words are true.

"Just get her to sign the damn thing and get it to the lawyer. Once he has it, it's done. You know I'm right about all this."

"No, you're drunk. Now get some sleep, we have the interview in the morning to announce next years tour. You need to show up sober."

"Fine, but think about what I said. And do whatever it bloody takes to get her to stay." He advises me as I leave his room.

I can't help but replay his words over and over again as I ride the lift up to the suite. Ava wouldn't do that. She wouldn't.

But I don't know if I can take that chance.

I quietly walk into the suite, finding Ava snuggled up under the covers, fast asleep. The thought of not being with her drives me mad.

I take off my clothes, leaving just my boxers on as I crawl into bed. I pull Ava towards me, and whisper in her ear.

"Av."

She doesn't move.

"Ava." I repeat, raising my voice just a notch.

She stirs but doesn't wake up.

I repeat myself three mores times till she finally opens her eyes.

"Hey you." She lazily smiles at me. God, she's cute right now.

"Heyyyyyy. Want to ask you something."

"How did it go with Louie?" She asks groggily.

"Fine.... I need to ask you something."

"What time is it?"

I look over her shoulder at the clock, "Almost four am."

She groans and fights to keep her eyes open, "Can it wait till morning?"

"No love, it can't."

"Well what is it then?" She questions, opening her eyes wide to try to wake herself up.

"I know we haven't talked about it for several days... But have you signed the contract?"

"What? Really Harry? You want to talk about this at four am?"

"Please just answer the question Av."

"This is ridiculous."

"Is that a no?"

"No I haven't signed it. I still don't know what to do." She sighs.

"When are you going to decide?" I ask, trying to hide the panic in my voice. I was really hoping she had and I just didn't know it yet.

"Harry I don't know. This is a pretty serious discussion to be having when I'm half asleep."

"Aren't you afraid if we are apart so much one of us could find someone else?"

"What?" She asks, now sitting up.

I sit up as well and lean back against the headboard.

"Do you ever worry that I may cheat on you when we're apart?" I ask, trying to spin this on myself.

"Honestly the thought never crossed my mind. Should I be worrying about that?" She asks with hurt in her eyes.

"Fuck. No that's not what I meant. Course I wouldn't."

She looks at me confused, "Do you think I'll cheat?"

"No. It's just that..."

"That what?"

"El cheated on Louie."

"No, she wouldn't!" Ava answers, shocked just like I was at the news.

"She did. Some asshole gave her the attention Louie couldn't."

"Poor Louie." She frowns, "I feel so bad for him."

"Yeah. It just worries me ya know? I mean no offense to El, she's pretty and fun and all, but she's just a college student. But you're a woman and gorgeous and funny and giving and just... more desirable."

"Thats really sweet of you. But I'm really not." Ava chuckles.

"Am being serious. We would both have far more opportunities to fuck up then either Louie or El do."

"Doesn't mean we will." She shrugs, like this doesn't matter in the slightest.

"Why can't you take this seriously?" I ask, getting irritated.

"Because I don't have even an inkling of a desire to be with someone else. And that's not going to change if I'm right here next to you or thousands of miles away. Now please stop with all this doom and gloom." She says, leaning over and giving me a kiss, "We both need to sleep."

I nod my head, but I don't feel any better about the situation than I did before.

I lay back down and Ava places her head on my chest as I wrap my arms around her.

I know I have to do something to get her to stay.

I just need to figure out what.

_________________

A/N: If you are enjoying the story, please vote! I spend hours and hours writing this and it only takes a second. It would mean so much to me and to getting my story out there! Thanks!! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

564K 18K 50
What is Love at first sight? Getting butterflies in your stomach or having your palms sweat buckets? What defines it, and is it even possible to happ...
29K 406 36
Chloe Green is an intern for one of the biggest magazines in the entire world. Her first job? Write a full profile story on Harry Styles. The catch...
578K 7.8K 77
After being scared and broken both Niall and Carson have both tried to live lifes seperatly for two years. After the band goes on another tour in Ame...
1.6M 55.1K 100
-Sequel to Almost Lover- Harry and Ava One year later and still apart. Neither can seem to move past the love they shared. But could a chance mee...