crucio ━ harry potter (1)

Od harringtonsbloom

KILLING CURSE SERIES || in which the daughter of sirius black discovers she is destined to destroy the wizard... Viac

introduction and cast
graphic portfolio + scene manips
volume
i. Crucio vs engorgio skullus
ii. The singing lady
iii. the inner eye and lessons
iv. trevor the toad
v. boggart in the wardrobe
vi. late nights
vii. halloween disappointment
viii. rebellious gryffindors
vix. downfall of quidditch
x. lupin's favouritism
xii. christmas toll
xiii. chocolate cake
xv. the start of the damage
xv. full moon
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟮: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘
i. Lonely days
ii. morsmordre
iii. the unforgivables
iv. inevitably doomed
v. punches and the hungarian horntail
vi. unknown parcels
vii. sky full stars
viii. the dog
ix. broken hearts (for more than one)
x. matchmaking
xi. the yule ball (part1)
xii. the yule ball (part2)
xiii. a lonesome christmas
xiv. a splash of water
xv. scarlet women
xvi. incapable of human emotions?
xvii. potter for the win
xviii. the return
xvix. a (not so) cheery family reunion
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗙 𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗫
i. drunk words, sober mind
ii. grimmauld place
iii. humble encounters
iv. joys of parenthood
v. difference in demeanour
vi. star wars marathon
vii. black roses
viii. luke's intentions
ix. the boy who lies
x. the first day
xi. detention
xii. saturday
xiii. beckham hampton
xiv. the longbottoms
xv. high inquistor
xvi. hog's head
xvii. hagrid's tale
xviii. the dream
xix. the dragon
xx. the accident
xxi. long overdue
xxii. goodbyes
xxiii. déjà vu
xxiv. arthurs attack
xxv. christmas*
xxvi. times turning
xxvii. chess
xxviii. beckham's theme
xxix. a bad day
xxxi. the start of the downfall
xxxii. o.w.l.s*
xxxiii. caught
xxxiv. ministry of magic
xxxv. loss of control
xxxvi. conjoined
xxxvii. bittersweet ending
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯.𝟱: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
i. The change
ii. search for sirius
iii. acceptance
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟰: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗙 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘
i. the reawakening
ii. unexpected arrivals
iii. weeks
iv. her hope
v. flames arise*
vi. open grave
vii. the boy and girl who lived
viii. don't go breaking my heart
ix. control
x. love
xi. reality hits
xii. adjustment
xiv. "why is it always you four?"
xv. gryffindor party of broken hearts
xvi. hyperion
xvii. the party of jealously
xviii. the aftermath
xvix. a different christmas
xx. the ski resort part one
xxi. the ski resort part two
xxii. ron's birthday
xxiii. the aleksanders*
xxiv. felix felicis
xxv. the four sisters
xxvi. sectumsempra
xxvii. tequila
xxviii. crash
xxix. runskin
xxx. bliss
xxxi. the plans
xxxii. the last dance
xxxiii. melancholy
xxxiv. obilerate*
time skip:
01. aurora's lament
02. Accomplice
iii. strangers
epilogue
BOOK TWO IS PUBLISHED

xiii. tiny dragons

20.2K 982 3.2K
Od harringtonsbloom

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

TINY DRAGONS

★ ★ ★

The morning before lessons she sat in the bathroom, whilst Hermione did her hair back into a plait.

"It's not like I hate her or anything-" she continued, once again speaking about Lucinda. She had been in Hogwarts for over a week now. Over that time, slowly the Gryffindor girl was starting to irate her. "That's definitely not it. Just have you noticed that she always with Harry? I'm not saying as his ex either, I'm saying it as his friend!"

"Friend? Would you say you two are friends?"

She paused, with a frown. Since she returned to Hogwarts, they were completely different. Neither of them sat next to one another in their lessons anymore and they didn't have a conversation or even speak anymore. Technically, they weren't friends.

"No we aren't. We're ex's......awkward, non-commutative ex's who used to be best friends."

"Maybe you two need to talk again." Hermione replied after a few moments, with the smallest of frowns. "He still cares about you-"

"No he doesn't! He bloody hates me!"

"No he doesn't. Come on Aurora, be realistic, do you ever think Harry would hate you? I don't think it's even possible for him to be mad at you." Hermione stated, phrasing it as a question. "He's just upset and he's covering it with anger. He's hurt."

She wished she could have believed that but she didn't. She frowns and glances into the mirror up at her as she was finishing. She wanted to believe he was just upset but she didn't think that was true; if anything she was convinced he'd fallen out of love with her the second they broke up.

"I don't know what I'm suppose to do. He doesn't look or talk with me. I don't even know where to begin with him." All she wanted was for them to at least be friends together again.

"It's going to take a while, small steps is the way to start." Hermione suggests with a small smile. "Maybe I can talk with Ron about it. . .see if Harry has said anything about you."

"Hermione that's an invasion of privacy."

"Ron thinks the same thing!" Hermione interjected, brushing the end of her hair. "He wants to get you two back together! I just want you two to be friends! But anyway, it'll happen because you and I both know Harry will realise how much he loves you. Your hair is done!"

Aurora looks in the mirror and grins, it was a French plait. "I love it! Thanks. Do you want to go to breakfast or straight to class?"

"Breakfast. I'm starving."

When the two of them got down to the Great Hall, much to her delight (that was sarcasm) Lucinda was sitting beside Harry at their spot in the Great Hall. She forced a smile and sits down across from them all.

"Morning. . ." Aurora chirped, and without hesitating took a croissant from the table and shoved it in her mouth to avoid any more conversation. "What a great morning."

"Good morning." says Lucinda also taking a croissant. Hermione and Aurora both sent her smiles (extremely fake ones) as they started eating. "You two take long to get ready every morning."

"Yes we do." Hermione retorts quickly.

"Merlin," Lucinda says with a small smile. "I could never take that long. You're both so lucky."

Aurora's eyes flickered up and land on how closely Harry and Lucinda sat to one another. Her shoulder was touching his and his right hand was on the table and her left one was beside his. Merlin, it annoyed her so much. Did she and him used to sit that close?

She knew they did. At times, she always remembered glancing down at his hand wondering how it'd feel in hers.

Now, she was starting to think maybe him and Lucinda were a thing. It would make sense. He did seem to like her unlike many other people. Correction; not many other people, many girls. A lot of the boys liked her, including Dean and Seamus.

Maybe they were dating in secret. Maybe he was trying to keep them quiet because he knew it would be awkward for them. If that was the case then she didn't care who he dated. He was free to date whoever he wanted.

She looked between Harry and Lucinda and tried to see if she saw anything in their eyes.

Ron was shoving food into his mouth to avoid talking and Hermione took out her book and started reading. She had nothing to do however. Her bag was empty and she couldn't eat anything. She glances around the Great Hall in search of someone.

Say something. . .cut out the awkwardness. . .say something.

"So the other day Luke's dog, Otis, learned how to hide when we saw that there's a Professor coming." she blurted out with a laugh. Harry and Lucinda look at her. "So now when we bring him out for walks at night, he knows to hide if we get caught by Filch."

"You brought a dog into the school?" Lucinda asked. "Is that allowed?"

"No of course not but the dog couldn't be left at home. He has separation anxiety." Harry mentions, eyes flickering from his plate to Lucinda. "He has to stay here."

What they were doing was summoning the Room of requirement into a massive field and letting the dog room in there. Sometimes Luke had a free or one of their friends did and they all would mind him. Or often at times, she didn't go to lessons and would mind him. However, often the dog didn't want to leave the Hufflepuff common room and would stay there with everyone.

Every single house, including Slytherin, was all secretly agreeing to hide the dog.

Otis loved the attention too. The dog acted as though he was in heaven.

"So everyone is hiding the dog?" Lucinda asks, eyes flickering between her and Harry. "I thought I heard my sister and her friend barking the other day. I thought it made sense however, Phoebe has always been weird. . ."

Aurora gave the girl a slight look. By friend, did she mean Ginny? Could she not remember her name?

Aurora glances down the table and sees Lucinda's sister, who she remembered was called Phoebe. She was also a very pretty girl, and had extremely soft features. She was laughing with Ginny, who she tears coming out of her eyes.

Hopefully she was nicer than her sister.

Lucinda makes a slight face but doesn't comment again.

Aurora stands up and takes her bag. "Right, we should probably get heading to the forest. Don't want to be late for Hagrid's. What? Whats wrong-"

"Oh none of us are taking Hagrid's class. We're all doing Transfiguration. . . . ." Hermione began.

"Care of Magical creatures also has taken weeks to start. .no one wants to try and catch up on all that time." Ron finished.

"What? So I'm going to be alone?" Aurora questioned with a groan. In response Ron reached over and patted her shoulder whilst Hermione frowned. "Is like everyone doing Transfiguration?"

"Think so." Harry muttered and she almost didn't hear him. She hated the way that Lucinda stood up with him. What a lovely little pair of friends, she thought bitterly.

"See you at defence." she mentions but mostly to Hermione and Ron because Harry didn't seem to even acknowledge her at all. Hermione and Ron said goodbye whilst Harry simply nods, same as Lucinda.

There was not one Gryffindor who was doing study of Magical creatures. As she made her way down to the forest, she found she was alone. The Forrest was completely empty and Hagrid and her both stood there awkwardly. She knew that care of magical creatures class was only opening now (because Hagrid only got his degree to teach now) but still, she thought that some people would arrive.

"I'm sure people will start to show up soon. . ." Aurora told him with an assuring nod. "It's only nine o'clock."

"The class began ten minutes ago! This is a horrible day! I had it all planned!" Hagrid says with a massive frown. "Er are Hermione, Harry and Ron coming?!"

"No they're not. They choose transfiguration. I actually think everyone has chosen transfiguration."

The only bad thing that about her choosing this subject was the fact she no longer had McGonagall as a professor.

"Ah Black, I didn't expect you to be one for magical creatures." a familiar voice says.

She turns, and her eyes widen in surprise. "Theo? You are doing magical creatures?"

He nods swiftly and comes over to her with his hands in his pockets. "Of course, who doesn't love learning about bloody thirsty animals. . ."

"I'm presuming that's sarcasm?"

"Obviously." he muttered under his breath and she shot him a small look. He stood beside her, and glances at her. She gives him a look and in response grins and looks ahead. "I haven't seen you much without a big crowd around you. How does it feel coming back from the dead?"

She turns to him with a cold expression. "Like a ghost, Theo."

He laughs. "Hm. And Voldemort is the one who brought you back?"

"Yup."

"You must be very valuable to him, Black."

She heard the lack of belief in his tone. Her eyes narrow softly when she seen he was fighting back the urge to smile. "What are you laughing at?"

"I just find it funny that's all." he told her. "That you literally came back from the dead."

"It's not funny."

"It's hilarious. You literally came back from the dead! Who does that?"

Her mouth twitched into the smallest of smiles, and she hesitantly nods and rolls her eyes. She supposed that if you push past the actual dramatic feelings of actual dying and what she went through, it was slightly funny.

"I'll be honest though Black." Theo turns towards her and this time actually looks at her. His fawn coloured eyes softening ever so slightly. He glances down slightly then back up at her. "it's good to have you back."

"Was is that boring without me, Theo?"

He leaned down slightly and says lowly, "Extremely."

After a few more moments the rest of the class arrived. It was her, Theo, some blonde haired Slytherin, Dean, Seamus and lastly her three favourite Hufflepuffs; Luke, Sammy and Edward.

"Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! Er a small class is much better than having a massive one! I can take time to help anyone who is struggling with the lessons. . ." Hagrid beamed brightly and they all followed him into the woods.

"You know I'm surprised you choose this subject." Aurora mentions to Luke as they walked into the forest. Even though it was the middle of the morning, the light started to disappear the closer they went. "I presumed you would have wanted to learn more about Transfiguration."

"I could say the same for you." he told her with the smallest of laughs. "But Sammy and Edward wanted to do this class and waited for Hagrid to teach it. I actually went to Transfiguration this morning but I couldn't be in the class."

"Really. Why?"

"No reason." he told her with an assuring nod, then he muttered. "I'm just glad you're not in it."

Something about his tone made her realise something had happened. Her brows furrow slightly and she saw the irritated look on his face.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. It was nothing-"

"Something about Harry, wasn't it?" she says softly.

"She likes him. . ." Luke told her quietly, and in response all she could do was frown. He didn't need to say who because she knew exactly who he was talking about. She wasn't surprised by it. "I think he likes her back. I think they're going to get together and it's going to really hurt you."

At that, she was left to only nod because if she was left to even think about how much she knew that was going to hurt, she wouldn't be able to control her emotions.

"I know. I'm. . .not ready for that but I know it'll happen. He shouldn't wait any longer. I know that."

"Everyone follow me! We're right here!" Hagrid tells them from the front of the line.

She ignored the concerned look Luke gave her for the rest of the walk. They finally make it to their destination which was the middle of the woods and a small tent they all had to crawl into. As they did so, there was a long massive cage full of creatures.

"For the next few months we are going to be taking care of a very small and developing animals! It was a big ask to get them here but I finally did it! We are going to study these animals as part of our course work for your N.E.W.T'S."

In the cages were the tiniest of animals, they couldn't have been weeks old and they hobbled around with one another. Her eyes narrow slightly as one of them coughed out red sparks.

Her eyes widen. They were dragons. Tiny little dragons.

"They're dragons." she says loudly, "We're studying dragons?"

"Correct Aurora!" Hagrid grins, barely fitting into the tent. She was squashed in between Luke and Edward so that was an idea of how much room Hagrid was taking up. "We will be studying dragons up till they are one years old and then they'll be going back to Romania."

She hesitantly puts her finger through the cage, and one of them hobble over to it curiously.

"So I'm going to be putting you into partners and you'll be with them until the end of this year taking care of one between yer two!" Hagrid tells them, glancing around at them all. "So er Dean and Edward. . .Sammy and Felicity. .
Aurora and Theo. .and Luke you'll go with Seamus."

At the mention of who her partner was she couldn't help but let out the smallest of sighs.

It wasn't like she had a problem with Theo or anything. It was just their relationship was awkward. When she used to go to her grandparents balls and other ones, she always ended up with him. Mostly snogging him. He wasn't as bad as some of the other Slytherin's; he wasn't the most predjuiced and she did like his quick and witty responses.

Her eyes flicker across the tent and towards Theo who looked up at her. He sent her a smug grin like he knew she wouldn't be the most happiest to be with him (not because she didn't like him but because she found it awkward) and in response she gave him a look back.

"Fantastic." she muttered. "I'm with Theo."

"Awkward." Luke muttered.

Once the lesson ended she made her way up to the castle and to the defence room. Unfortunately Snape had finally gotten the position, surprising them all. She split apart from Luke, Edward and Sammy who had defence at a different time.

"Looks like you and I are going to be together a lot this year." Theo mentions, coming up beside her, slightly out of breath.

She grunted. "Are you following me, Theo?"

"Don't flatter yourself." he says, walking beside her. She makes a face and looks up at him. "I have defence too."

"Oh, right." she muttered.

"Do you wanna name our dragon?" Theo questioned, and she paused outside the door of the classroom. She gave a glance in and seen they were already starting. She crossed her arms over her chest and sighed, looking up at him. Her mouth opens and closes. "How about fire?"

"That's a stupid name." was all she replied before entering the classroom and going to the opposite side of the room.

Snape didn't comment when he seen her.

She went over to Hermione and Ron who, like everyone else, was standing up with partners.

"Hey! How was Hagrid's class?"

"Surprisingly, good. What are we doing?"

"Practising non-verbal spells." Ron explains before leaning down and telling her quietly. "Can you like. .give us some of your fancy wandless powers so we can do this?"

She let out a loud snort and Harry and Lucinda who were paired sent them small glances.

Non-verbal spells ran in her blood. She sat up on her desk and glances between Ron and Hermione. They were suppose to be attempting to cast the water throwing spell, but they were getting it. She looked around, no one was getting it.

It had been difficult for most except Hermione who was slowly starting to work to her usual standard.

Her eyes flickered over towards Lucinda and Harry. She was a pretty girl, there was no point denying it. She shouldn't be jealous but she couldn't help it. Especially when she saw that Harry handed her a towel to dry off and actually helped her.

Aurora whispers. "A bucket please, pronto. I'm about to puke. . . ."

Snape shook his head in disapproval.

"Pathetic Weasley!" Snape practically shoved her aside and took her spot and turned to Harry. "Here, let me show you-"

Harry must have thought that Snape was finally going to attack him because he threw a spell at him so quick and easily that Snape fell down. "Protego!"

Her hand covered her mouth as Snape got up from the ground. Ron slowly steps back and sits up beside on the table. She leans across and rests her head on his.

"Do you remember me telling you that we are practicing non-verbal spells, Potter?"

"Yes," Harry replied stiffly.

"Yes sir."

"There's no need to call me sir Professor."

Several people had gasped including Hermione who dropped her wand onto the ground. Dean and Seamus buried their heads into their hands to try to not laugh. Everyone had become so surprised, including many Slytherin's who even seemed to want to laugh.

Behind Snape, Aurora and Ron had to turn away in order to not laugh.

"I will see you in my office tomorrow evening at four, Potter." Snape told him coldly, shaking his head. Without so much as turning around, he quickly added. "That goes for you two also, Weasley and Black."

"You can't really give him detention for trying to defend himself." Lucinda says loudly, the minute he said the last part of his sentence. "Just because you-"

"You can go to detention too, Williams."

Oh how fantastic that would be.

★ ★ ★

That night she was glad to see Lucinda choose to sit away from them for dinner.

She sat across from Harry and Hermione and sat directly beside Ron this time.

"Quidditch tryouts are coming up." Ron groaned, throwing his head into his hands. "Next week."

"It might take all evening." Harry replied gloomy, shaking his head. Her eyes flicker up to his alluring green ones. "This year so many people have taken an interest to Quidditch."

Aurora and Hermione both snickered loudly and turned to each other and scoffed.

Ron and Harry rose an eyebrow.

"What?" Harry questioned, eyes going straight to Hermione. When she didn't answer, he hesitantly glances at Aurora and when he did, he cursed himself because he couldn't look away. She was looking down at her plate. "What is it?"

"It's nothing. . . ." Aurora muttered, and when she looked up, he looked back at Hermione.

"Nothing at all." Hermione snorted.

Neither of them spoke but both boys watched as they exchanged looks before letting out laughs. Both of them found their laughter the nicest sounding thing in the world, but were more concerned with what was causing it. Ron and Harry stopped eating and looked at them impatiently.

"It's because you're good looking. . ." Aurora muttered so quickly that they barely caught it.

"What did you say?"

"It's not the quidditch that's become enjoyable Harry," Hermione simplified. He continued with a confused look in her direction. "Oh, come on. It's not the Quidditch thats become popular, it's you. You've never been more interest and frankly you've never been more fanciable. It doesn't help that you've grown about a foot over the summer either."

Aurora watched as he made a face as if that wasn't possible. He furrows his brows and makes a face. "Er oh okay."

★ ★ ★

The following afternoon she found herself in the defence room sitting with Ron. Her eyes were on Harry and Lucinda who were speaking in low tones across the classroom.

It just didn't feel right. It felt wrong seeing him with someone else. She wished it didn't but it did. It really hurt her.

Was this what being in love with someone was suppose to feel like? Was it suppose to literally hurt this much? The worst part was the fact he clearly didn't love her anymore. She could see him becoming friends with this new girl and soon moving forward.

Aurora rolled her eyes and pressed her face pressing down against the table. She told herself to stop thinking about it but she couldn't help it. The thought of him with another girl was making her heart burn, not even with jealously but simply with hurt. Hurt at the fact they weren't even friends anymore.

She felt Ron pat her back.

All she could wonder was how was he able to watch her with every guy over these past few years?

★ ★ ★

I hope you enjoyed the double update! Incase you didn't see a new chapter was posted about an hour before this also! Remember to comment and let me know what you think of the new chapters?

Also, going to write more Otis!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

400K 15.1K 139
𝒐. in which scarlet bridget is the epitome of everything sirius black hates. ━━━ ❛ somewhere along the way, I realised it's always been yo...
1.6K 55 11
In which the boy who lived becomes infatuated with the intriguing Veronica Black. A girl that leaves you wishing for more, enchanting in every way, ...
478K 12.9K 121
The love story of Y/n Evans and Sirius Black. What started off as a teenage romance leads to a life full of love and laughter. It's two unstoppable...
336K 8.2K 102
◇ Love conquers all; so let us give in to love ◇ Sirius never wanted to fall in love. And especially he never wanted to fall in love with a girl from...