The Oracle

By K7MM13

Izzy thinks life is hard as a six foot dysfunctional goth, but life loves to throw a curve ball every now and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 29

15.6K 313 74
By K7MM13

 Copyright © 2010-2012 by Kymberlee Elliott. This work is protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act of 1988. All rights are reserved; any infringement of this copyright can be punishable by law. Infrigements include any unauthorised selling, broadcasting, copying, duplication or distribution of the work.

Chapter Twenty Nine

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that I was hot, really really hot. Pushing the cover off me I saw a large tanned arm slung over my waist and pressing against my stomach. Following the arm I looked over my shoulder and then time stopped. Kit was asleep...half naked...with no cover and he was gorgeous. Swallowing and trying to take in all of him in one gaze I realised something else; I had slept the entire night without a single dream and my head for the first time in weeks didn't hurt and I felt my shields strengthening.

Taking a deep breath I grinned and shifted slightly, the minute my weight moved Kit shot up and rolled over me. I froze and if my life depended on it I couldn’t tear my gaze away from the tanned and muscular chest that was hovering over my face. He had a dusting of dark hair that narrowed over his torso to a delightfully teasing strip that went down, down, down before disappearing in his boxers. I was so busy eye raping Kit that I missed his first attempt to get my attention, his loud cough made me start and I raised my eyes slowly before sheepishly meeting his gaze. He was leaning on his forearms, one on either side of my head and it was only when I met his gaze that I realised how close his face was and finally I realised I was in bed with a half naked boy and he was laying on top of me.

The blush rushed over me so quickly it left me feeling light-headed or it could have been Kit, either way I shifted and cleared my throat. Kit grinned and it lit his whole face before dipping his head and licking at my pulse. The touch of his rough tongue sent a shiver right down my spine, but as quickly as he did it he sat back and scanned me.

His sigh was full of guilt. ‘Ah glykia mou you have had a rough time.’ His hands moved to my hips gently stroking my hip bones before stroking across the exposed skin on my stomach, the ridiculous unicorn top having ridden up at some point in the night. They trailed up the side of my ribs and then rested large and warm on my throat. My pulse raced. ‘Kit...’

‘Sshh glykia mou, it’s OK.’ He reached under me and pulled me up so I was kneeling opposite him. I wasn’t great at awkward silences or prolonged eye-contact, but I was drowning in Kit’s gaze. I barely registered the knock, but I did realise when the door opened and Mr C walked in. I made a strangled noise in my throat, but before I could reach for the cover Kit was there. He yanked the cover over me and settled me before looking over his shoulder. Mr C was studiously avoiding looking at us, but I could see the smile on his face. ‘Sorry to interrupt, I just wanted to check on you Kit, but I see you are alright now.’ The words made me reach out mentally to Kit, without even realising, just to reassure myself that everything was fine. His mind enveloped me in a mental hug before gently pushing at me. I got the idea and withdrew, but the bond we shared had been remade. A little piece of me resided in Kit and I felt him in my head like a shadow, hovering, guarding.

Kit stood and yanked on his jeans before looking at me one last time as he followed Mr C out of the room. The minute the door was shut I shot up and scrabbled around. There was no-way I was going to be caught in these ridiculous clothes for a second day. Frantically opening and closing door and drawers I finally found a long sleeved jumper made of soft cotton. Hearing the voices getting closer I whipped the unicorn shirt over my head and dove in Kits jumper. I hadn’t taken the time to straighten it out though and was caught. I froze when I heard the door open. I had the jumper over my head, but apart from my bra I was naked from the waist up. ‘Kit?’ Soft footsteps moved towards me making me wriggle faster, but I wasn’t getting anywhere. Swearing fluently under my breath I waited until familiar warm hands smoothed over my hips and stomach before releasing me and moving to the jumper. In seconds I was dressed and Kit was watching me with a shit-eating grin on his face. ‘Don’t say one god-damned work Christos or I will buy you a pink studded collar and force you to wear it and don’t think I won’t.’ He nodded, but the grin stayed firmly in place. Rolling my eyes I waved a hand to indicate his top half. ‘Maybe you should...ah, put a shirt on or something so we can get something to eat.’ The minute I mentioned food he sobered. ‘Are you hungry glykia mou?’ I didn’t have a chance to answer before he was yanking a shirt on while pulled me out of his room at the same time.

I jogged along beside him wondering how long it would take him to realise I wasn’t wearing shoes. The minute the thought crossed my mind he stopped and looked at my feet, which were bare before trailing up my naked legs. The jeans Edge had cut in to shorts were shorter than Kit’s jumper so it looked like his jumper was all I was wearing. His eyes burned gold as he stared. ‘You are beautiful my little warrior.’ I smiled and stepped closer, but before I could do what I wanted, which was kiss him for maybe the next ten years, feet echoed down the corridor. I turned my head just as Greg and Matt came skidding around the corner, they barely paused before leaping on Kit unfortunately he was holding my hand so when he went to the ground under their combined weight I went with him. Everyone paused when the wind was pushed from my lungs in a deep moan, but my wheezy laughter galvanised them all. Kit, Greg and Matt wrestled like puppies and were quickly joined by Owen and a couple of Shifters I didn’t know. Mari strolled around the corner and watched in amusement. I was creeping out of the dog pile when someone grabbed my ankle. I looked over my shoulder and saw Greg grin at me. In that smiled I knew all was forgiven. I smiled back and then shrieked as I was yanked back in to the pile. ‘Marissa Evans you get your witchy butt in gear and help me out of this.’ I was surrounded and held tight in the arms of the Shifters. I heard Mari chuckle just before she screeched. I peered over Matt’s shoulder and saw Owen lift her high in the air and throw her. I gasped and before I knew it she was hovering in the air. Kit who had reached up to catch her frowned. Mari figured it out first. ‘Izzy put me down...NOW!’ All eyes turned to me and I shrugged. ‘I don’t know how to Mari, it’s subconscious.’ She shouted obscenities at me, but I couldn’t put her down, I could however drop her and that is exactly what I did when I heard more voices in the hall. She screamed, but Kit was quick and she landed squarely in his arms.

He jostled her before setting her on her feet. I tried to keep a straight face, but the sight of her furious pout was too much, I burst out laughing, only laughing harder when several pairs of shocked eyes turned towards me. I leaned my head back and tried to take a deep breath, but it didn't stop the laughter. When I looked back through streaming eyes I saw Mari smiling softly, Greg and Matt were slack-jawed, which set me off again. I was just getting myself under control when a smooth, deep rumbling laugh echoed mine. Still smiling I looked across at Kit and realised that we needed this; moments of light-hearted fun. A sense of foreboding crept over me, but I forced it back. Not today.

Getting to my feet still hiccupping bursts of laughter I stretched and wiped my eyes. Shutting them I held tight to the feeling of utter happiness I had a feeling I would need it in the months to come. As I was storing the feeling away I heard more feet and turned waiting for Roane to round the corner. He was projecting so loudly it staggered me. I was steadying myself when he slid round the corner. ‘Darrick van der Haansen is here for the start of the Trials.’ I bared my teeth in a feral grin. So the vultures weren’t content just to circle anymore, they were here to test the weaknesses. ‘Well then I need to look my best don't I?’

I double timed it back to my room and told everyone but Mari to stay in the lounge. Mari followed me in to my room and while I was showering she set about pulling an outfit together. Ten minutes later I was clad in a towel dripping all over the floor. I grinned when I saw what she had found for me. ‘You get dressed I’ll sort your hair out.’ I assumed she meant get a hairdryer, but as I felt the tingle of magic wash over my skin I realised she meant something else entirely. A loud pounding rocked my door before it buckled under the weight of a very angry Kit. I yelped and spun trying to shield myself from a room full of curious people. They might be my closest friends, but that didn't mean I wanted them to see me in a towel so small Barbie would look indecent. ‘I smelt magic glykia mou are you OK?’ I shifted from foot to foot glaring. ‘Out Kit.’

He grinned, but nodded and closed the door the best he could considering the hinge was bent. Shaking my head I dropped the towel yanked on my underwear then the leather trousers she had left out. They were like most of my others except they dipped low in the front and up the outside of my legs from ankle to hip were small studs. The top she picked was a black t-shirt that would bare an inch or two of my stomach and had an appropriate slogan on the front ‘I Bow To No Man.’ Yanking it on I nodded and then pulled on the short leather jacket that had spikes and studs on the shoulders. Finally dressed I nodded at my appearance, Mari had dried my hair and it was currently piled on the top of my head.

 Before I left I headed to my desk and opened the pouch with all my jewellery. Changing my belly bar to a plain stud with a dangling skull I nodded and then set about changing the rest. I kept my red stud in my nose, but changed the hoops that line both of my ears to spikes. Turning to Mari I grinned and watched her smiled back. ‘I have an idea.’

She wouldn’t talk to me; she just told me not to leave and ran off. I emerged and watched jaws drop left and right. ‘Going to battle Oracle?’ I turned to Bry and grinned, I had applied blood red lipstick and black eyeliner and felt fully ready to kick ass. ‘We might be going for talks and drinks, but never forget this is the first battle in the war that is coming.’ Kit nodded and walked around me. ‘You look the part glykia mou, but can you talk the talk as well as walk the walk?’ I sneered at him and watched as he nodded with pride. Before I could answer him Mari burst back in with her arms full. ‘Guys grab some clothes; we have to show a united front. Darrik is here to psyche Iz out, to make her feel like she isn’t ready to take control, he wants to hide her away in a school somewhere and tell her it is too dangerous for her...bullshit I say, we need to show that she already has support. I already spread the word and you wouldn’t believe the amount of people that are doing it.’ I frowned, since Cherrick had compromised Mari I was shielding hard against her thoughts, which meant I had no idea what was going on. I asked, but she just grinned and told me to go back to my room. Bemused I did as she asked and waited and waited and waited. Finally she called me out and I stood rooted to the spot.

In front of me were dozens and dozens of leather clad bodies. I felt my eyes tear up before I clamped down on the emotion. Mari was front and centre looking resplendent in a leather micro mini, high heeled leather shoes and a blood red vest. She was also wearing black eye-liner and red lipstick. Quickly scanning past her I saw Kit, Bry, Owen, Matt and Greg wearing nothing but leather trousers and it was glorious. A closer look at Kit made me grin, he too was wearing smudged black eye-liner and instead of looking ridiculous it made him look dangerous. Roane and Pietr were wearing leather trousers and black shirts. Through the open door I saw more Shifters and Casters standing wearing leather and the sight of all that flesh and leather made me laugh. At the back I saw Mr C wearing leather trousers and a leather vest, his thick biceps flexing. Striding out I nodded and smiled at the people around me. ‘This is freaking awesome.’ Mr C grinned. ‘Thank Marissa it was her idea to show Haansen that you are not without support...and friends.’ His voice dipped at the end making me look up at him. His eyes were a beautiful shade of blue, brighter than any I had seen before and I realised they were his beasts’ eyes. Looking around I saw unusual shades all over the place and realised the Shifters were letting the beasts’ peer out as added theatre. Nodding my head I turned away and closed my eyes squeezing them shut. They opened when a warm finger tipped my chin up. Opening my eyes I saw Kit’s fiery molten gaze and knew he had juiced them up a bit. ‘Remember glykia mou, you must now talk the talk and walk the walk, we are with you; ready to kick some ass?’ I smiled and nodded. ‘Oh yeah mon loup. I am more than ready; shall we?’   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 48K 11
Followed by her past Alex is a shapeshifter, a panther in a world of werewolf's. she has never met another of her kind. running all day everyday for...
349K 10.7K 25
He finally found someone to keep him safe. But somebody wants someone back. That's the problem you can't take him back he belongs to somebody else.
857 61 25
Amelia Life has a funny habit of throwing the most peculiar curveballs at you. Up until now I thought my life was fairly ordinary, but I was so wrong...
1K 279 60
Katherine, is just an ordinary woman. She always had this feeling, some kind of power dwelling inside her. She never believed in the Supernatural. It...