The Artist's Daughter (ON HOL...

By wanderingsoul96

This story is about Alice Spence. She is a famous musician and travels all around the world because of her ca... More

The Artist's Daughter (Chap 1)
The Artist's Daughter (Chap 2)
The Artist's Daughter (Chap 3)
The Artist's Daughter (Chap 4)
The Artist's Daughter (Chap 6)
The Artist's Daughter (Chap 7)
The Artist's Daughter (Chap 8)
The Artist's Daughter (Chap 9)
The Artist's Daughter (Chap 10)
The Artist's Daughter (Chap 11)
The Artist's Daughter (Chap 12)

The Artist's Daughter (Chap 5)

445 7 0
By wanderingsoul96

Dedicated to Out_Of_The_Ordinary because her poetry is soo awesome! Love the way you write poem which represents our Muslim cultures to our Non-Muslim Friends!! <3

Hello my lovely reader! Sorry for the late delay!!! I hope you all like this chapter. It took me 3hours to write it! I hope you will all appreciate it.

On the right there is a song of One Direction!! Check it out!! -------------------->

There is also a picture of BMW Convetible ---------------------------->

Please read, comment, vote, add to your liberary and recommend it to your friendzz!!!

Love you all!

"Copy Rights All Reserved"

=============================================================================

“My parents disliked the idea of me being an artist. They thought that Arts can’t get you anywhere in life. But look, I have proved them wrong. I haven’t visited my family since 11 years ago. They live all the way down to Scotland” said Liam in a sad voice.

“So you are a hypocrite! You said that I was a worst child when you are the same!” I exclaimed.

“Your dad has let you follow your own dreams, whereas mine didn’t and stop interrupting me!” Liam retorted.

When I didn’t say anything, Liam continued.

“They never let me follow my own dreams. So when I left, I came to London. I started going to college and at that time I needed money so badly that I couldn’t even pay my flat’s rent. Then I found out that your dad is advertising a job where he needs another skilled helping hand, so I went up to him and told him everything – even how I moved here from Scotland – and Rob happily accepted me when he saw my skills in art.”

I felt so guilty for judging Liam for the way he is. I have always thought of him as egoistical and over-confident man when all this time he was completely different. I saw him looking down on the carpeted floor trying to control his emotions and I felt so bad just sitting here and doing nothing. Just then, something in my heart said to hug him... I couldn’t even stop myself. I scooted over and hugged him. Liam tensed under my touch but then relaxed and hugged me back. There was some sort of spark when we hugged and I liked that spark, it felt different. After a few minutes I pull away and smile at Liam, who smiles back at me.

“Thank You” I say after a few minutes.

“What?” Liam asked with a confused look on his face.

“Thank you for telling me about your past. I know it’s really painful to think about it but you still told me and I am really grateful for it” I said smiling at him.

“You’re Welcome” with that, Liam looks at the clock and says, “Well I should get going, it’s getting late”.

“Yeah, see you tomorrow. Um.. Liam, would you like to come with me to the hospital tomorrow?” I asked unsure.

“Yeah sure, I would like that. I will bring my car tomorrow at 9:00am, is that alright?”

“Yep, it’s perfect” I said smiling at him.

“Well, see you tomorrow” Liam said hugging me and walking through the door. I just couldn’t stop smiling that night. I was just so happy that Liam has opened up a bit to me and told me about his past. With that thought in my mind, I fell asleep.

*One Month Later*

“Hey Dad! Good Morning!” I said in a really happy tone.

“Good morning sunshine!” dad said.

It’s been exactly one month since dad came home from the hospital. Me and Liam have taken care of him since then and today was dad appointment with the doctor. I can’t believe it’s been a month and a half since I came back from Paris. It seems like I have been in London more a month and half. As I grab a packed of cookies and a mini orange juice, I heard a car honking outside the flat. I go to the window and look down to see Liam smiling at me. I gave him a small wave and smile back at him. “Dad! Liam is outside waiting!”

“Coming!” shouts dad from his room down the hall.

I grab my phone, purse and sun glasses and run downstairs to check that everything is locked in the workshop. Feeling satisfied that everything is locked and safe; I made my way out towards Liam’s BMW convertible.

“Hey” I said.

“Hey there beautiful” Liam says and I blush slightly. Looking at my face, Liam laughed and said, “You are so cute”

“Shut Up!” I said through my clenched teeth.

We were in the hospital’s waiting room when a doctor came outside and said, “Robert Spence?”

“Here” dad replies.

“Please follow me to my room” with that the doctor leaves and me and dad follow him to his room. I look back for a second to see Liam reading some sort of magazine. I smile and go and follow my dad and the doctor.

“Hi Mr Spence. My name is Dr Kingsley and I will do your check up today because Dr Brandon has gone to America for a important meeting. So, let’s do your check, shall we?”

“Yeah, sure”

*15mins after the check-up*

“Well Mr Spence your health is absolutely perfect! It doesn’t even look like that you had a stroke just last month” the doctor says with a small laugh.

“That’s great! But doctor, can I go to Italy for my work this week?” my dad asked looking very hopeful and I just roll my eyes.

“Yes you can as long as you take care of yourself”

“Thank You doctor” my dad smiled warmly at the doctor. Once we were out of the doctors’ room, I turned to my dad and asked him. “Why do you want to go to Italy? You have barely recovered and you want to go travelling? And you don’t even want to take me or Liam with you! Why is going to Italy so important anyway? Why can’t this stupid trip wait until you are more healthier? Why-”

Just as I was about to ask him another question, my dad interrupts me and says, “You have no right to ask me any of these question. Now let’s go” with that my dad walk away, leaving me alone in the hospital corridor. Tears were about to fall down when I felt someone hug me tightly. At first I was in shock but then I knew instantly who it was because of the spark I felt. It was Liam. I hugged him tighter and cried until no tears were left.

“Hey beautiful... What’s wrong? Did someone say something?” Liam asked soothingly.

“It’s dad. He is always being so secretive that it gets on my nerves. I think he just doesn’t want me interfering in his life” with that I put my head on Liam’s shoulder and close my eyes.

“Come on, let’s go. Rob is waiting outside” said Liam and guides me to his car. Inside I saw dad looking straight ahead at nothing in particular. Liam started his car and after 5 minutes there was a really uncomfortable atmosphere around so I turned on the radio and “Same Mistakes” by One Direction came on. I left it on; I don’t know why I did it. Liam looked at me unsure but I smiled reassuringly at him. He smiled back me and looked back on the road.

When we all came home, dad went to talk with Liam. I went upstairs and opened the flat door. I went to my room and lied down on my bed. I don’t know how long I have been like this on bed but I liked the quietness in my room. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, I knew it was dad or Liam. I just didn’t want to speak with them right now so I mumbled, “Go away!” and closed my eyes.

After a few seconds I felt someone looking at me intently. I opened my eyes to find the most gorgeous ocean blue eyes staring at me. “What is it Liam?” I say tiredly.

“Your dad is gone to the airport. He got an urgent flight to Italy. I am sorry, I tried to stop him but he wouldn’t listen. I asked him why he wanted to go but didn’t answer any of my questions” Liam looked sadly at me.

“It’s okay. I am sure he has a good reason to go without saying goodbye” I said bitterly.

“Do you want to eat something?” Liam asked

“Yeah, let’s go and eat something” I replied back.

“Let’s cook macaroni and cheese with fresh fruit salad, how does that sound?” I asked Liam, lighting the mood.

“Yep, sounds tasty!” Liam replied.

“Come let go to the kitchen!!”

While working in the kitchen, I found out the Liam is an absolutely rubbish at cooking. He just played around the food not even bothering to help me. After about half an hour of messing about, both of us were tired and really hungry and we hadn’t even boiled the macaroni yet!

“Liam! Get out! I will cook for both of us. I think you are a terrible cook!” I said to him disapprovingly.

“Okay ma’am” Liam said trying to annoy me yet again.

After 45 minutes of cooking, I take Liam’s and my plate in the living room. I saw Liam lying on the couch watching Doctor Who. I just shake my head at him and walk up to the couch and hand Liam his plate or macaroni cheese and a small bowl of fruit salad with a can of coke. He smiles at me and said, “Thank You. This smells delicious.” I just smile back at him and take my tray of food and sit down next to him.

That night, Liam went home and I was in my bed sleeping peacefully. Then something amazing happened. I saw my mum! She was wearing the same dress as in the picture where she was playing violin. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing!

“Alice... wake up baby” That’s what I heard. The voice was like melody to my ears.

“Come sweetie... Alice..??? Alice! Wake Up!!” Suddenly, I woke up to the smell of something burning. I eyes started to sting because of the smoke and then realization hit me...

My house is on fire!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157 1 33
It's been a year since Aria took a break from the music industry. Ever since her famous pianist brother died, it seemed like her life did as well. Sh...
24.1K 226 31
*A/N: Please note, this is a year ago when Liam was eighteen. They were big, but they weren't as famous as they were now.* Liam Payne, one fifth of t...
4.3K 875 51
Alison is a hardworking and honest woman. He is kind and helpful in nature. She always supports Dusro in both happiness and pain. She is very connois...
7.3K 204 50
It had been a year since Liam left, a year of pain and heartbreak. Chloe had been catatonic the moment Liam left her arms. She knew letting him go wa...