Paroled

Por PBBWriter

Opie comes home from Chino to many changes. He'll have to learn how to adjust to life on the outside as well... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Paroled 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 29

2.7K 99 9
Por PBBWriter

"The suspect, who befriended her victim during the months leading up to the attack, was seen by psychologists both for the defensive and prosecution. Both doctors declared the suspect fit to stand trial for the attempted murder of Eva Baxter and kidnapping of her son Harrison."

Opie seethed hearing the update was upsetting but especially when it was so unexpected. "Turn that shit off," he snapped at the prospect. Even with the three weeks that had passed since the arrest, Opie was still stewing.

Half-Sack fumbled with the remote but eventually managed to change the channel. It was tense since they'd arrested Simone, Opie hated the waiting, he hated the possibility of her actually walking free.

"Eva gonna testify?" Jax asked Opie quietly.

Opie shrugged. "She's not sure yet. She wants to but her memory isn't great and she won't last if the defense tries to pick her apart."

"Yeah," he huffed. "Reliving that's gonna be tough."

"She relives it every damn day," he confided in Jax. "Checking on the baby almost every goddamn hour."

"Don't blame her," Jax told Opie. "Shit I'd do the same thing."

"When it's just me and him, I do too," Opie admitted. "I want that bitch gone. She's sane, so we shoulda killed her."

"Ope," Jax sighed.

"I know," he groaned. "At the time I felt bad for her but now, seeing how she's trying to play victim and shit, I could kill her with my bare hands."

"Eva know she pretended to be her?" Jax asked subtly hinting at the fact Simone had tricked Opie into having sex with her.

Opie nodded. "Yeah."

"How'd she react?" Jax asked.

"She was pissed," Opie sighed. "Not at me, I don't think, but in general. Maybe she was pissed that I didn't know it wasn't her. She won't talk about that part," he said sadly.

"Tara said she's got the name of a therapist," Jax told him. "If she's asking, I mean. Tara didn't wanna push her too much."

Opie sighed and nodded. "She needs to talk to someone."

With a nod, Jax pulled the card from his pocket and gave it to Opie. "I think you guys got through the worst of this shit. These are just the loose ends."

"Ah shit," Opie grumbled. "I'm supposed to meet Gemma."

"Wedding shit?" Jax asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah," Opie smiled. "Give me fucking flowers and wedding vow problems over everything else."

"Get outta here before my mom kicks your ass," Jax laughed.

Opie was already headed toward the door. "I can hear her bitching me out already."

Jax laughed and Opie hurried out of the clubhouse to meet Gemma at her house. Her greenhouse was mostly full of marijuana plants but she had a beautiful corner for bright lilies and other gorgeous, non-narcotic, blooms.

"Hey baby," she said. Gemma kissed his cheek. "This is what I have, it's not as much as a florist but," she stopped when he interrupted her.

"It's perfect," Opie smiled. "Thanks, Gem."

"I never wanted daughters but Eva is what I imagine as the one I wouldn't drown," she winked at him.

Looking at her with suspicion, Opie shook his head. "I don't know if you're kidding."

"I'm not" she said bluntly.

Opie blinked and shook his head again. "Anyway, I uhh, I think she'd like the pink."

"Good choice," Gemma smirked. "And you?"

"I'm good," he laughed loudly.

Gemma nodded. "Take some for her now."

"No, I want her to be surprised," he said, slightly embarrassed.

"Is Piney ready?"

"Yeah," Opie told her. "He's ready, excited, I think."

"We all need this," Gemma suggested, "Not just you and Eva."

"Yeah, I think you're right." Opie leaned over and gave Gemma a hug. "Thanks, Gem."

She smiled and gave him a tight squeeze. "You know, you owe it all to me, I'm the one that hired her."

Opie raised an eyebrow and rolled his eyes. "Didn't Tara suggest her though?"

Gemma glared at him. "Don't you dare, Ope."

He laughed and raised his hands. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"Get out of here," she huffed. "I'll see you in a few days."

--

While Opie ran errands and completed the few last minute preparations that were necessary, Eva and Piney were at the house with Harry and Tara. She had been released just about a week before but she was still hurting physically and emotionally. It was a big adjustment.

"Piney, you be the judge," Tara chuckled. "Eva isn't sure."

Holding his grandson in his arms Piney looked up to see Eva slowly making her way out of the kitchen. She wore a champagne pink tea length dress, pinned and marked in a few spots, and an anxious expression.

"The scars are too much, right? You can still see them?" She asked nervously. "There's a little jacket," she stammered. "It's vintage, from the 50s, it will hide the scars."

"I think you look beautiful," Piney said gruffly.

"Thank you," she said with her voice cracking.

"No one is perfect," Tara chuckled, "You have some minor, badass, scars and Opie has that face."

Eva laughed at that, a genuine, hearty laugh, and nodded. "It's true," she chuckled. "Is this crazy? It's been a few weeks and we've already planned everything."

"Does it feel crazy?" Tara asked her sagely.

"No, that's why I think it is!" Eva huffed. "You know, that whole thing, you don't think you're being crazy when you actually are!"

"I think this is the least crazy thing that's happened recently," Tara told her.

Eva beamed and nodded. "I'm marrying him."

"You are," Piney laughed. "You can't back out now."

"Never," she assured him. "And the paperwork? The divorce will be final and all?"

Tara smirked and nodded. "Jax has that all taken care of. You have nothing to worry about, Eva."

"Not anymore," she remarked with a grin. "Thank you," she turned to Piney, "Both of you."

"Come on, no crying," Tara chided teasingly. "I have to get this back for the final few stitches."

Eva scurried out to change and Tara looked at Piney with a sigh of relief. "One big party to mark a new year. I think it's the perfect ending to this mess."

"I couldn't agree more," he said. Looking down lovingly at Harry. "We're all ready to move on."

It was January 31st, later than Eva was used to being up since Harry was born but there she was wide awake at 11:30 pm. Tara was with her in the apartment, watching Eva wait anxiously while checking her makeup in the mirror.

"You're quiet," Tara said.

"I just wanna go," Eva huffed. "I must have been on some painkillers when I decided to do a stupid New Year's wedding."

"No," Tara laughed. "It's great. Very symbolic."

Eva rolled her eyes. "I don't want to wait. Tell them I don't want to wait."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah," Eva said sharply. "I want to do this. Now."

"Uh, okay," Tara laughed nervously. "I'll be right back."

Slipping out of the apartment, Tara went to find Jax who was at the bar with Opie. They each had a shot and a pair of toothy, sunny grins on their faces, but her approach sent a shock of fear down their spines.

"Cold feet?" Jax asked her apprehensively.

"No," Tara laughed. "She wants to do it now."

"Now?" Opie laughed.

"Now," Tara repeated.

"I'm good with that." Opie said, downing the shit and slamming the glass back onto the bar.

There weren't many actually guests. The club was in attendance, of course, along with Gemma, Tara, and all three of Opie's children.

"It's time, brother," Jax smirked. "I'll get wrangle em' all," he told Tara.

She scurried back to the apartment and Jax quieted the lively group, having them all gather in front of the chapel doors, their eyes on Opie. Tara reappeared, standing by the wall of mugshots, Piney and Jax a few feet away acting as officiant and best man respectively. Moments later, Eva appeared from the hallway with an impossibly bright smile.

There was no music as she nervously glided toward the chapel doors, just murmuring from the group and a few whispers as she passed by Gemma who held a sleeping Harry in her arms.

"You look amazing," Opie whispered to her. They took each other's hands as they stood face to face, both amazed they were actually, finally, doing it.

"I don't know what I'm doing," Piney said with a raspy laugh. "All I do know is my son asked me to stand here with him as he married Eva, the best thing that's ever happened to him."

"This can't be legal," Tig hollered out jokingly.

"I swear it is," Eva laughed. "I had him ordained myself online!" She looked at Piney and smiled. "Minister Winston, please continue."

"I couldn't be any prouder of my son, and my new daughter," Piney said. He pulled the rings from his pocket and handed one to Opie then Eva. "You ready?"

"Yeah," they both immediately answered.

"Alright, go ahead, Ope."

Opie looked at Eva, the corners of his mouth twitching slightly as he mentally prepared to say his vows.

"I love you, Eva and I swear to protect you and provide for you for the rest of our lives." He paused, growing emotional, but managed to continue quickly. "I'll never hurt you or lie to you, or leave you alone. Ever again," his voice wavered. It didn't matter if anyone understood his vows were an apology for the messy beginning of their relationship and the trauma after the baby was born, all that mattered was that Eva knew and he could see in her eyes she did. Opie slid the plain white gold band onto her finger and finally breathed a sigh of relief

"Opie," she whispered. "I promise to care for you and heal you and love you for the rest of our lives. No matter what or who interferes. I won't let anyone or anything break this," she whimpered.

"I won't let anyone or anything break this," he promised her as well.

Eva pushed the ring onto his finger and beamed up at him, tears in her eyes. Before Piney could even say anything Opie pulled her close and kissed her, bending her back a bit from the force and eagerness of the kiss.

"There you have it," Piney said excitedly. "Mr. and Mrs. Opie and Eva Winston!"

Once their kiss ended Juice did as Eva had requested and started playing California Stars by Billy Bragg and Wilco, the song flowing loudly through his speakers. Eva smiled and winked at him before turning back to Opie. "Hope you don't mind I picked the song."

"It's perfect," he said. Half-Sack started handing out drinks as Opie and Eva danced, drunk on the joy of the moment.

"Hey," Juice interrupted, "It's almost midnight!"

The song ended and soon after the club, their wives and children counted down to the New Year.

"5! 4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Merry Christmas to those celebrating! Vote and comment please! Once this comes to end an would you like more Ope and Eva or shall I put them to rest? Let me know xoxo

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

121K 3.1K 39
Coming back to town proves to be eye opening for Katie Feldstein. After years away, Katie returns to her summer home to visit family and meets a whol...
291 27 15
When everything else goes wrong, he can only come home to make it right.
15.4K 363 31
Life starts off just the way she like it growing up until it changes and she has to adapt to the point where it's all new. then when she get used to...
16.7K 937 45
It's been 15 years since Opie Winston and his family fled Charming with Amelia under their wing. How has life changed and what happened to force them...