Running || A Garrance Fanfic

_Shippers_Unite_ द्वारा

Being heartbroken is not an easy fix. Being heartbroken after a seventeen-year-long crush is even worse. Havi... अधिक

Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter Twenty Eight

2.3K 98 186
_Shippers_Unite_ द्वारा

Laurance's POV

The gentle knock at the door snaps me out of my broken, worthless mood as I frantically attempt to wipe away remaining tears.

"Laurance?" Garroth asks from behind the door. "You doing okay?"

I take a shaky breath before responding.

"Y-Y-Yeah. I-I'm good. B-Be out in a s-sec..."

He's not falling for that, is he?

There's a soft sigh from the other side of the door before Garroth says, "I'm coming in," and opens it.

I can only imagine the thoughts going through his mind as he sees his friend, broken and sobbing on the floor. Irene, he must think I'm so weak and worthless.

"Oh, Laurance..." He immediately drops to his knees and wraps me up in a warm hug, holding me close. I feel too weak to hug back, so I lean into him, tears dampening his shirt.

"It's okay..." he whispers, running his hand continuously through my hair while the other rubs circles against my back. "It's okay, Laurance. I'm right here for you."

"I-I'm so u-useless..." I cry, clenching my eyes tight. Garroth tightens his hold of me.

"No, you're not. No one has ever thought that about you. I haven't thought that about you."

"Y-You should. There...there's so much wrong with m-me. I-I can't do anything right a-a-and I don't have a-any redeeming features a-anywhere. I-I'm a f-f-failure, Garroth."

"You're not a failure." He pulls back slightly to look me in the eyes. "And you're wrong about not having redeeming features. Laurance, you are the sweetest, funniest, selfless, and most fun person I have ever met in my life. You go out of your way to make sure the people around you are taken care of before you think of yourself and, my Irene, dude, you just saved a small dog's life. If that's useless, then my whole life's been a lie."

I should be completely red-faced by now, but I'm not. He's just saying all of this because he's nice, caring, and freaking perfect! I know the truth and he can't change my-

"I mean-" He glances away with a red blush on his cheeks, "w-who would say that about someone as h-hot as you...?"

Wait, what? Garroth thinks I'm...what?

And he's blushing?! Because of me?! What the heck is going on here?!

My cheeks heat up tremendously once he says that and the urge to kiss him has never been so strong. Irene, I just want to grab him and kiss him senseless. I want to see that blush forever.

I love you! Say it, Laurance! I love you, Garroth! I love you! I love you! I love you!

But I can't say it, no matter how much my brain is screaming it. I want to tell him, I want to so bad, but the fear of rejection is stronger than any other feelings I have. I just can't lose him.

"Laur?" He rests a hand against my cheek and wipes away more tears. He looks concerned because I've started to cry again, but this is for a whole other reason.

I fling my arms around his neck and hold him tight, burying my face in his neck.

"Thank you!" I sob as his arms wrap back around me. "You...you're e-everything to me...a-and I...I...I..."

I LOVE YOU.

"Shh... You don't have to say anything, Laurance. It's okay. I'm here, and I'm never leaving you."

I sniffle: "P-Promise?"

"I promise." He pulls back again and smiles at me. "Now, come on. We've got a dog son waiting for us."

I blink stupidly.

Did...did he just say 'son'? I could seriously faint.

"U-Uh, right! Y-Yeah! Dog! I...um...f-forgot..."

Garroth giggles and suddenly it feels like my room has gotten a little brighter.

"You're such a dork." He kisses me on the cheek and stands up, stretching. "Don't sit here for too long. The dog needs food and you don't trust me with the microwave."

I'm too distracted by the imaginary hearts clouding my vision to even think about responding.

Somehow, I manage something along the lines of, "Yeah, I'll be right out," though it comes off more as, "Y-Yeah, I...um...you...er...uh...s-sure..."

Nailed it, Laurance.

He grins at me before leaving through the door. It feels like every fiber of my being is quaking, tingling with a desperate need to run out and pull his lips to mine. It takes every ounce of self-control I have not to do just that.

He kissed me... HE KISSED ME! Oh Irene, my heart is pounding so hard and fast I feel like I might just actually have a heart attack right here on this floor.

I take a few deep breaths before I feel like I've calmed down enough to see him without becoming a huge blushing, stuttering mess.

"Hey, nerd." He smiles as I step into the room. "I got the bacon ready. You feeling any better?"

Please, stop smiling like that...

"Uh, y-yeah. A-A lot better. Thanks."

Welp, so much for not being a blushing, stuttering mess!

"Not a problem. Now, cook this, will ya? Our little buddy's been eyeing me expectantly since I grabbed it."

You have no idea what you're doing to me, do you?

"Yeah, s-sure." He tosses me the ziplock bag full of bacon and I soon hear the scrambling of tiny paws as the small dog races towards me, following the scent. I chuckle and crouch down, patting his head.

"Aren't you just the cutest? You feeling better, too, bud?" I ask, but he just licks my hand and attempts to bite the bag. I chuckle again and lift the bag out of his reach.

"Alright alright, I'll cook the bacon. Sheesh." I stand and the dog runs around me, excitedly. Making sure I don't accidentally step on him, I bring the bag over to the microwave and empty the contents onto a napkin. I'm fully aware of Garroth's gaze on me, which doesn't help the blush at all.

"Y'know, we never did figure out who won the snowball fight," he comments as I start up the microwave, bacon already inside.

"I vote Laurance," I say and he laughs.

"Of course you would." He grins and I can't help but smile back, getting lost in the sea of blue which are his eyes.

"Tie?" I question and his smile widens.

"For now," he answers. I swear, I could do this all day... Just staring at him, not doing anything else. Being in his arms as he drives all the monsters away. Kissing him consecutively until we run out of air.

Of course, I haven't done that last one yet, but I already know I'd be able to do it all day.

The microwave snaps me out of it and I hurry to take the meat out. I lay the napkin on the counter and break off a piece to feed the dog. He sniffs it briefly before taking it from my hand and eating it greedily. I smile and give him another.

"He must have been starving," Garroth says, walking up beside me.

"How much water did he drink?"

"I refilled that thing three times."

"Poor baby..." I give him more bacon.

"So, I'm gonna take a wild guess here and assume that you're a dog person, then?"

My cheeks warm up slightly: "Was that obvious?"

"Yup." He giggles. "But it's sweet to see you care so much about him. Didn't I say you're the most selfless guy I know?"

I fight the blush this time: "I don't know, G." I flash my famous smirk at him. "I liked it better when you called me 'hot'~"

Now, it's his turn to flush red.

"I-I...um...was hoping you'd f-forgotten about that..."

"Oh? So, you didn't mean it?" I fake a frown and watch the panic flash across his eyes.

"T-That's not what I meant! O-Of course I meant it! You're...uh...I-I mean, you...erm...I...um...n-never mind..."

I chuckle lightly, loving how adorable he is when he's flustered. I don't see this nearly enough.

Before I even have time to think about it, I plant a quick kiss to Garroth's cheek, just like he did to me. His crystal blue eyes widen in surprise as that rosy blush turns darker.

"Don't stand there for too long." I smirk, taking a step away from him, the napkin of bacon in my hand. "We have a son to take care of."

~~~~~~~~~~
It's Christmas, so why not update twice today? Have a great day peoples!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

52.3K 2.2K 51
Garroth is struggling to keep his secret. If anyone found out it would be the end of him. He knows they are going to find out eventually. What could...
2.7K 154 5
Garroth and Laurance have been seeing each other in secret for a good few months now. Seeing each other in secret, you may ask: going out together at...
6.7K 243 18
Garroth and Aphmau are just teenager's. They both have their problem's. They both have one problem they share though, and that's that they're in love...
5.8K 195 47
Y/N L/N just got out of college and moved into Mystreet. After having a troublesome past, she was hoping that this would be a fresh start. She made n...