The Water Warrior(Book 1)(Com...

By Wolf_Warrior7

Born into a world where talking wolves, water powers, a villainous dictator, and medieval castles are the soc... More

Coming Soon
Chapter 1: Stealing a Baby
Chapter 2: The Necklace
Chapter 3: Man With the Wolf Tattoo
Chapter 4: Not Another School Day
Chapter 5: Firestar
Chapter 6: The Guardians' Camp
Chapter 7: Training
Chapter 8: Getting Answers
Chapter 9: Being Followed
Chapter 10: A New Friend and Ally
Chapter 11: Swords and Knives
Chapter 12: The Raid
Chapter 13: Regrets
Chapter 14: The Report
Chapter 15: Guardian Camp Battle
Chapter 16: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 17: When One Door Closes Another One Opens
Chapter 18: Choices
Chapter 19: A Sort of Rescue
Chapter 20: The Worst Plan Ever
Chapter 21: Old Friends and New Allies
Chapter 22: Join Or Die
Chapter 24: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 25: A Distraction
Chapter 26: The Actual Rescue
Chapter 27: A New Start
Chapter 28: The End?
Art-Covers
This book has been nominated

Chapter 23: Getting Ready

36 1 3
By Wolf_Warrior7

Darkmoon stepped out of the darkness to reveal his dark features. He looked well except for one very important thing. He was missing his dark blue markings around his eyes meaning he had passed on his high position as leader of the Guardians to someone else.

As soon as Firestar noticed it was Darkmoon, he turned into his original form as a wolf and bounded across the cave to give him a wolf hug, where they each rested their heads on one another's back, a show of love and appreciation for one another.

"I thought you were dead," said Firestar as tears streamed down his face. To Firestar, Darkmoon had been his father since his real one had abandoned him and his mother right when he had found out she was pregnant. "I'm sorry I led you to believe that, but I needed Sinergy to think I was dead, so he wouldn't come after my-our pack." Firestar nodded knowing he did what he did to protect his people.

A small black bird flew in through one of the tiny holes in the cave's ceiling. Before it even touched the floor, the bird turned into a majestic, black, female wolf with a scar over her right eye. Unlike the other Guardians, this wolf had an air of mystery to her, but that mystery would have to wait to be discovered another day. Blaze, as this wolf was more commonly known as, had landed next to Darkmoon. She leaned in and whispered something into Darkmoon's ear, even with Firestar being so close to Darkmoon, he could not make out what she was saying. As soon as she finished Darkmoon nodded his head telling her he understood, and she turned around heading deeper into the cave.

Darkmoon looked at all the expecting faces before he spoke. "I have some news and it isn't good." He paused before continuing. "Aqua has been located in the dungeons of Sinergy's castle. She is severely injured, and Sinergy has decided to execute her...tonight." The cave fell silent for a crowd gathered to listen to what was going on. No one could even breathe. Rage filled Firestar to overflowing. He had barely known Aqua for a few months and really cared about her. She was not going to die tonight, not if he had anything to say about it. "We need to come up with a plan now," said BlackHawk. Firestar was surprised to see that it was BlackHawk who had spoken first, considering he had known Aqua the least amount of time.

"I agree," replied Darkmoon.

"Well we need a layout of the kingdom to see which entrance will be the easiest to enter," said Firestar taking control of the situation. "If someone will get me a piece of parchment and a writing utensil, I can do that," said BlackHawk trying to help in any way possible.

One of the Cadars in the crowd ran to his hut and retrieved a piece of paper and an ink quill which he handed to BlackHawk. BlackHawk thanked the man then left through the crowd to find a smooth place to draw. "I can help with that as well," said Stota and turned to follow BlackHawk. "No," said Firestar stopping Stota. "I need you and Grevis to round up the Cadars and get them ready to fight." Stota and Grevis nodded and began barking orders to their men.

Firestar then turned his attention back to Darkmoon. "Darkmoon I-" before Firestar could say anything else, Darkmoon cut him off. "I've got you covered." And with that Darkmoon gave a mighty howl that echoed off the cave walls. A few hundred Guardians stepped out of the cave's darkness and into the light. Firestar was utterly shocked and at a loss for words. Once the shock subsided and he could speak, the questions started. "How did these many Guardians survive?"

Back at the camp, there were about a hundred or so Guardians that survived Sinergy's attack and some of them could be seen behind Darkmoon's pack. "When I faked my death, I took as many as I could with me and we have been safely hidden here with help from the Cadars where we have regained our strength."

"How did you fake your death? We watched you die right in front of us," asked Firestar needing a larger explanation.

Darkmoon sighed before explaining the story. "When the sounds of the Lamadians grew near I had one of my trusted generals turn into me to keep Sinergy and his men busy so I could help some of the Guardians escape."

"So the Guardian we saw die was someone else?"

"Yes. He was willing to sacrifice his own life to save others. Though he will be missed, he died a hero and that is a debt I can never pay back. And if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here joining forces with the Cadars."

Firestar understood now why Darkmoon faked his death, even though he was still a little angry, he was glad and now they had a fighting chance with the new Guardians and the hundreds of Cadars by their side, the odds were starting to look up.

BlackHawk added the last few details to his sketch and brought it over for Firestar to see. The sketch showed that Sinergy's kingdom would be a hard one to enter. "We can't enter through the courtyard because that's where Aqua entered and the guards will be expecting us to enter through there," said BlackHawk pointing at the courtyard. "The most obvious entrance is the front and Sinergy, if he knows we are coming, will think we will try to enter anywhere but the front. That's our best option to get in. Since Sinergy has taken control of countless kingdoms, he has shipments come in from all over. You guys can disguise yourselves to look like routine guards dropping off your shipment, but the cargo you are hauling is hiding myself and the Cadars inside." "That's perfect. Take some of the Cadars and start making the wagons that we will be using and hurry, the sun will be setting in a few hours."

BlackHawk obeyed his orders and ran off. Firestar got to thinking maybe it was not the best idea to go undercover and maybe he should have told BlackHawk that when he was showing him the layout a few seconds ago. Then the strangest thing happened. Everyone started moving backward including BlackHawk who returned and started talking even though Firestar could not hear him as if someone had pressed mute.

Then as if someone had hit play he could hear everything again. What is going on? "We can't enter through the courtyard because that's where Aqua entered and the guards will be expecting us to enter through there," said BlackHawk repeating every word and action he had done only moments earlier. "Umm BlackHawk, you just told me that," said Firestar stopping him.

"I have not. How could I have told you this when I just walked over here?"

"You just walked over here about thirty seconds ago and told me we were going to enter through the main entrance undercover."

"Uh, Firestar. Are you feeling alright? That was my idea, but I haven't told you yet. How did you know that?"

"I'm not sure," said Firestar. Darkmoon who had not left his side spoke up. "Firestar what just happened? And tell me every detail." "Well... BlackHawk and I had just finished discussing our plan on how we would enter the Lamada kingdom when I told him to start making the wagons we would use. Then I thought to myself that I should have said something to BlackHawk when he was telling me his plan, that's when everything got quiet and started moving backward."

"Backwards?" Questioned Darkmoon. "Yeah. After a few seconds BlackHawk was here telling me his plan for a second time," finished Firestar. "I think I know what happened. Firestar, think of when you wanted to tell BlackHawk and close your eyes when you have done that open your eyes again."

Firestar complied and closed his eyes after a few seconds he reopened them only to have BlackHawk talking to him again. "We can't enter through the courtyard because that's where Aqua entered and the guards will be expecting us to enter through there." Why would BlackHawk repeat the same sentence three times? Maybe he has short-term memory loss, Firestar thought.

"I did what you asked Darkmoon. And the same thing happened."

"What are you talking about? I didn't ask you to do anything."

Now Firestar was confused and angry. "You just told me to close my eyes and think of when I wanted to tell BlackHawk something about the plan."

"I told you no such thing, but I think I know what's going on. Firestar, did you think of a certain time just a few moments ago?"

"Yes."

"Then it's true. You were able to time travel. That is your gift now that you are the leader of the Guardians." Firestar thought about this for a moment when he realized he could travel to anytime he wanted. He closed his eyes and thought about the last time he had seen Aqua and how he urged her not to leave to save BlackHawk. If he could travel back to that time, then he could rescue her by making sure she did not go to rescue BlackHawk.

When he opened his eyes, he saw Darkmoon and BlackHawk both staring at him. "I just tried to time travel, and nothing happened," stated Firestar. "Maybe you are only allowed to time travel a little into the past or future?" Suggested BlackHawk. This time Firestar closed his eyes and thought about the future. When he opened them, he saw BlackHawk and Darkmoon staring at him again, but this time in disbelief. "What's wrong?" "You disappeared," said BlackHawk. "For how long?"

"About thirty seconds," replied Darkmoon. When Firestar had time traveled the trip had been instantaneous, but to anyone else, it took thirty seconds of his disappearance before they caught up to him in the future. "Cool," was all Firestar could say. Thirty seconds was not very long, but it would come in handy if someone were to get shot and he could go back in time to prevent it. "How about you practice while we get things ready for the battle?" Firestar nodded his head and closed his eyes. "I would try doing it with your eyes open. We don't need you closing your eyes in the middle of a battle," said BlackHawk offering some advice.

Firestar said thanks as BlackHawk and Darkmoon walked off getting everything prepared for the battle, or war was more like it, that was about to happen. But one thing was for certain. There was only going to be one victor when the sun comes up the next morning and everyone in the cave prayed it was them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 1 60
Lelanna is a young warrior in training for her wolf pack, the Blue moon. Trying to hide her feelings for her close friend and soon to be Alpha, Lelan...
82.8K 2.9K 37
20 years young and with a Heart of a Warrior. Lycan Warriors depicts the Action thrilling and empowering journey of 20 year old Maleiata Mahalia. A...
4.5K 138 50
Alba has always been unique, she is a 17year old she shifted a year later than some wolves living with her werewolf pack. Most 16 year old wolves in...
253 4 75
Think you know mermaids? Think again. (Think underwater Twilight) **** "Our waters are changing. We've known it for a while now. We can sense it. We...