Welcome to the Masquerade (Ed...

By DGrayManLover

As soon as Allen Walker is enrolled into high school he unwillingly meets all kinds of new friends. Allen is... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 3: A Puppet on the Earl's Stage
Chapter 4: Road + Allen = Jealous Lenalee
Chapter 5: The Identity of the Masked Exorcist
Chapter 6: The White Room
Chapter 7: Clarity
Chapter 8: Our Time Now
Chapter 9: It's Not Over
Chapter 10: Runaway
Chapter 11: Gone Forever
Chapter 12: You Won't Relent
Chapter 13: Don't Judge Me
Epilogue

Chapter 2: Allen's Admirers

2.6K 49 14
By DGrayManLover

Chapter 2,

—Allen's POV—

"I need to lay even lower today, since Lenalee saw me fight the akuma yesterday." I say to myself as I walk to class.

It was a good thing I didn't talk yesterday, she could recognize my voice today in class. Not to mention that Kanda guy was pretty close to stabbing me with his katana, which kind of freaked me out a bit there. Kanda reminds me of a emo-pretty boy, although he also reminds me of a girl, with his long hair back in a ponytail.

"Hey!" I hear someone yell. I recognize that voice, it was Lavi from my class. If he's here that means Lenalee must be too. Great.

I sigh and turn slightly to see what he wants. "Hi." Lenalee was trailing along behind him.

"You're Allen Walker from my class right?" Lavi smiles. I just noticed he was wearing a eye patch. What's with that?

"Uh, yeah." I fake a smile.

Lenalee walks up to me and put her hand out for me to shake. "I'm Lenalee Lee, nice to meet you." She smiles.

"I'm Allen Walker, nice to meet you too." I shake her hand.

"You are kind of mysterious you know." She laughs.

"Um..." Okay that's weird, she hasn't let go of my hand yet. I look down and then back up. "You still have a hold of my hand."

"Oh." I noticed her cheeks flush red. I felt my own heat up a bit as her's did, what is this? Luckily she didn't notice my red cheeks, since one was covered and by the time mine turned fully red I had already turned back to Lavi.

"So, why did you want to know if I was the Allen that went to your school?" I ask.

"Oh I wanted to see if you wanted to walk with us to school, Komui, Lenalee's brother made Kanda go on a mission today. I have to pay extra attention to Lenalee, so if you could help me, I would appreciate it."

"Um, Okay." I say.

Then Lenalee hugs me, What is she doing? "Thank you Allen!"

I froze up. My cheeks went red again. I felt her heart beat against my arm, it was beating fast, or is it normal. I've never been hugged by anyone before, well Miranda hugged me, but that's a totally different situation. She releases me from her hug, and smiles, I notice her cheeks were still red and that for some reason I had this weird feeling in my chest.

"Alright lovebirds, let's get a move on!" Lavi calls out, my eyes catching that he's already halfway down the block.

"Lavi!" Lenalee yells after him, her cheeks get even redder and oddly mine do too. We started to walk toward the school and people were staring at us, mostly guys. Lenalee looks a little uncomfortable.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm kind of scared of all these guys looking at me. There are staring at me with eyes that my brother wouldn't approve of." She seriously looks frightened. What is her brother like?

"Oh...Since Lavi ditched us, just stay close to me, okay." I say.

"Okay." She says. I begin to walk off, when I feel her hand grab mine. I turn to face her, "Is it alright if I hold your hand?" Her cheeks were bright red again.

"Uh sure, we'd better get to school!" I say turning before my cheeks betrayed me and turn red against my will.

--

When we finally made it to school, I noticed Yohei Saito was watching me and Lenalee closely. Oh I had almost forgot, Lenalee was still holding my hand. "Uh, Lenalee. You're still holding my hand."

"Oh, right! Sorry!" She quickly let go, and skips to her seat.

And that's when Yohei walks over to me, "Just so you know, I've got dibs on her."

I laugh, and ignore him. I find my seat and sit down.

How old is he? Dibs really?

During lunch the same people that ate with me yesterday return and Lenalee did too. If this keeps up I'm going to end up getting in a fight. I don't want to put anyone in danger either.

"Allen, do you want some of my lunch?" Akane says running up to me.

"Um, sure..." I say. I forgot to pack mine again. "Thanks so much." Her cheeks turn red. Oh great now two girls are blushing when I talk to them.

"Have some of mine too!!" Taka whines. Make that three.

Takumi leans in and whispers, "Sorry about my sister, she's a little forceful."

"I noticed." I laugh. I notice Akane was waiting for me to eat her lunch. "Oh were you waiting on me?"

"Oh no, I was just watching you." She blushes. So awkward!

"Allen where do you live?" Isoko asks.

"Why?" I look at her confused.

"Well we all walk home together, so you should walk with us too!" She smiles, then moves closer to me. "Don't worry, I'm not one of your many admirers." She laughs. "I actually like someone else."

"Oh thank god." I sigh a sigh of relief. I continue talking to Isoko, Lenalee and Takumi, I went to reach for some sushi out of Akane's lunchbox while still listening to Isoko tell a joke, when my hand touches something else. I looked to see what it was and it was Akane's hand.

"Oh sorry." I say.

She blushes and doesn't move her hand. I quickly move mine. "It's okay." She smiles. I turn quickly, what has my world come too. I'm not used to this.

"Hey Allen!" Lavi say's walking over to me.

"What do you want? Why did you ditch us this morning?"

"Oh, I thought you were right behind me the whole time." He smirks, and now I can tell that he's lying. "Anyways, could you do a favor for me?"

"Depends?" I sigh.

"Could you walk Lenalee home for me?" He smiles.

"I guess." I sigh once more.

—-

On the way home I figured out that we all live the same way. So Takumi, Taka, Akane, Isoko, Lenalee and I walked down the street. I felt awkward because Lenalee grabbed a hold of my hand again.

"Lenalee?"

"I'm scared again," She answers.

"I'm scared too!" Akane whines, and grabs a hold of my other hand. I heard Taka get ready to say something but Takumi grabs a hold of her for me. I mouth a thank you to him. Isoko silently laughs, and I gave her a help me look. She nods and grabs Lenalee, which I think I would of liked to have her holding my hand over Akane, because Akane scooted closer to me to the point that she had wrapped her arms all the way around my arm. This is so awkward!

"Come here Lenalee I'll keep you safe!" Isoko says, in a mother-like tone. Lenalee looks a little down after that.

"Well this is our house." Takumi says. He drags Taka with him as he turns to face his house.

"Bye. Thanks Takumi!" I say.

"Welcome!" He answers. Next we stopped at the grocery so Isoko and Lenalee could buy a snack. And of course they left me alone with Akane.

"Allen, thanks for holding my hand. I felt really safe." She blushes.

"Your welcome, I guess that's my job." I sigh.

"Can I ask you something?" She blushes harder now.

"I mean sure, I guess."

—Lenalee's POV--

I think I might like Allen? Oh no, but Komui will hunt him down and kill him, if he finds out. Allen is just so nice, and cute, well the part of his face I can see is cute.

I hated leaving Akane and Allen out there alone. Akane took my hand holding spot. I am kind of annoyed right now.

"Lenalee?" I heard Isoko call.

"Over here." I say back. I am determined to find out who Isoko likes, I'm hoping it's not Allen. I think I'm going to ask her, but I'm not sure.

"You ready to check out?"

I nod. "Hey Isoko, who do you like? If you don't mind me asking?"

"I'll tell you, if you tell me." She laughs.

"Deal." Wait, that means...

"I like Takumi. You?" She says cutting me off.

"Uh..."

"Come on, we made a deal didn't we?" She smiles. I think she already knows that I like Allen, she just wants to hear me admit it,

"Okay, I kind of like Allen." I blush.

"Knew it!" She laughs. "You aren't the only one who is drawn in by his nice attitude and that mysterious aura surrounding him."

"Who else?" I whine. Well I know Akane is one of them.

"Akane and Taka, I think." She smirks. "But they usually go for the new guys. I wouldn't worry about them."

"That does make me feel kind of better." I had just finished checking out. "I'll wait for you outside with the others."

"Okay." She waves me on.

I walk out of the grocery and start to walk toward where Allen and Akane were waiting around the corner when I heard Akane say, "Can I ask you something?"

I could see Akane but I couldn't see Allen. I saw Akane blushing and she looks a little uneasy.

"I mean sure, I guess." I hear Allen answer.

"I-um like you, Allen. Will you go out..." She pauses, OH NO! She's confessing already?

"Allen will you go out with me?" I froze. I notice Isoko had joined my side and heard it too. She pats my shoulder and gave me a apologetic look. We wait for Allen's response before interrupting.

"Uh...I don't know what to say." I hear Allen say. Isoko was getting ready to interrupt but I stop her, I want to hear his answer. "I kind of already like someone. I'm sorry." He turned her down!

But wait he already likes someone, could it be Taka, or Isoko, or someone I don't know? Isoko and I came around the corner and Akane looks up with tears in her eyes.

"What happened?" Isoko says, trying to act clueless.

"No-nothing." Akane cries. "I just got something in my eye that's all."

"Both of them?" Isoko tries to make her crack down and tell the truth.

"Yeah, some bug flew into her eye and then into the other." Allen lies. Akane looks up to Allen and silently thanks him. Which we can hear.

"Really?" Isoko sighs. "We'd better get going."

"Right." Allen says. The rest of the way was silent, until we drop Akane off.

"So Allen, she confessed to you, huh?" Isoko laughs.

"What? How did you..?"

"We heard everything from around the corner, we didn't want to interrupt." Isoko cuts him off.

"You eavesdroppers." Allen playfully punches Isoko on the arm. I wish I could be like Isoko, and freely talk to Allen like that. Do I actually know that she doesn't like Allen? What if she lied and wanted to hear what my answer was.

"So who is it you like? Allen?" Isoko asks, she turns to look at me, and winks.

"Oh, uh. You probably don't know much about her." He says. So she's someone that we don't know?

"Well this is my house." Isoko says. "Later." She gives me a look and points to Allen. What does she mean?

Then it was just Allen and I. "Lenalee where do you live?"

"The Black Order, duh." I laugh.

"Oh right, I forgot Lavi said you were exorcists."

"You can eat dinner at my place if you want." Allen says.

"Okay!" I suddenly cheer up.

—-

Allen's place was just an apartment, but before we even got to it a woman came up to us.

"Allen!" She says. Allen runs and gives her a hug.

"Miranda!" He yells back. "You're back!"

I felt down again, who is this woman? Allen doesn't have a thing for older women does he?

"Miranda this is Lenalee." That's when I notice she was wearing a exorcist uniform. She's an exorcist?

"Hi, I'm Miranda. I live with Allen." She smiles. Of course she lives with him. Well it's official I think they are dating! That made me feel even more down.

Allen went to unlock his apartment and clean up a bit, leaving Miranda and I alone.

"Hi" I say.

"Are you Allen's new girlfriend?" She asks.

I blush. "No." I sigh, so this woman isn't his girlfriend. Thank you God!

"Are you a exorcist?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Yep. Allen... um..." She pauses. "The Asian branch found me and took me in, then I found Allen and he lets me live with him for free."

"Oh." I say relieved.

"Miranda! Uh-You know who just showed up!"

"Her? I'd better go fix supper!" Miranda ran off.

Allen walks up to me. "Lenalee I'm sorry. But can you come back and have supper with me another time."

"Uh sure." Now I'm depressed again, who's you know who? He walks me back to the order and then he was gone.

—Allen's POV--

She just ruined my night, by coming here. Now Miranda is a wreck in the kitchen cooking for her! And right now she's really pissing me off. I take off my bandage and let my white hair out.

"Oh Allen!" She says.

"Shut-up why are you here?" I ask in a harsh tone.

She crinkled her forehead and the stigmata on her forehead moved closer together. " You're going to be my boyfriend Allen, that's why!"

"Who do you think you are? Saying that."

"You wouldn't want Ms. Pigtails to get hurt would you? Or what about your secret school life? Don't want anybody finding out right."

"Road Kamelot you are seriously pi..." I start to say. But then I think of Lenalee and all the others, I seriously don't want to put them in any danger! "Fine, but hands off of my friends!"

Little did I know, that Takumi was standing in the room too. "Takumi, why are you here?" I look at him confused.

"Road told me everything!" He says. "Don't worry. I wont think any different of you. In fact I want to help you."

Him help me? Why did Road bring him here? Well knowing her it was probably to put him in danger.

——

A/N: Yay finished this chapter.

Edited, but not my best edit...

Video: Sorry - The Rose

-DGrayManLover/Halsyeon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 115 24
UA has gotten a new student who is really and I mean really mysterious. She is really mysterious and I mean really. She always seems cold and guarded...
1.7K 141 21
(some warning's so please be advised ⚠️⚠️ 😁 don't read this if you are uncomfortable that's all this is also just for like huhuh) A girl who's been...
23.3K 464 23
(Y/n) (L/n) is 16 years old and has returned to Japan to be met with Amu Hinamori and the guardians, Ikuto and Utau Tsukiyomi, Kazuomi Hoshina, and H...
254 3 13
*I don't own D.Gray Man. all rights go to their rightful owners. I also don't own any art used in this book. I only own the plot.* Not all harbingers...