Frying Pans and Paint Cans Do...

By Marystar1212

Skye Rain is the new girl at Kellyko High School, where people are turning their heads to get a glance of her... More

Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{1}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{2}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{3}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{5}* (Picture of Jason)
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{6}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{7}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{8}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{9}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{10}*
Author's Note. Please Read :)
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{11}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{12}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{13}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{14}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{15}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{16}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{17}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{18}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{19}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{20}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{21}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{22}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{23}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{24}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{25}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{26}*
Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{27}*

Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{4}* (Picture Of Skye)

1.4K 28 4
By Marystar1212

Hey sorry for the late update. I have exams in 2 weeks so I might not get time to update.

I hope you enjoy this chapter since theres a small Jason's POV part. I don't want to write alot in his POV yet.

There's Skye Rain (As Jessica Alba) ---------------------------->

It took me ages to figure out how to fit it but I managed :D

I'll post Jason in the next chapter :)

Anyways Enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Chapter 4 ~

"Wow" I exclaimed breathlessly as I walked through the high double doors and entered a grand foyer. The floors were made out of white marble and were polished so cleanly that you could see your reflection. A large crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling. It was so beautiful but I had a sick feeling that it would come crashing down on top of me. Two sets of stair cases climbed the left and right sides of the walls, leading to the next floor. Delicate vases sat elegantly on white Greek pillars every few metres against the walls. The sound of my footsteps echoed throughout the room, disturbing the gentle silence that had originally taken the room. But what caught my attention were the many artworks that hung proudly and magnificently on the walls, each picture surrounded by a golden frame. There wasn't as many as in the medical centre but these ones were more old and ancient. I took my time studying each one, and each painting amazed me more than the last.

"Oh my god..." It was at the end of the foyer and it was the biggest. It was a picture of what I thought was heaven. The white fluffy clouds and the big golden gate. All the gods smiling at each other. It was breathtaking. It made the room happier. Well it made me happier.

"Hey Jason who painted thi---....... Where did he go?" He had disappeared from the doorway. I wonder how long he was gone. Probably left the second we walked through the door. Why are all the good looking guys always the jerks?

{Maybe the jerks are the good guys.}

Please, that's definitely not how it works.

{Are you sure?}

Okay conscience your confusing me. Jerks are jerks, nothing more nothing less. It's as simple as that.

{Hmm... We'll see.}

I think I like the other side of you more. This smart side is giving my brain a work out here.

I didn't bother looking for Jason so I sat down on the marble floor and stared up at the painting. I loved it so much that for a second and I say a mere second I envied Jason because he owned it. I was disappointed when I decided not to draw it in my artbook because it was too big. It covered the whole wall for Christ sakes. I knew it wouldn't look as good if I drew it that small. I sighed and looked at the time on my phone. 12: 41. I lied down on the floor, using my bag as a pillow. I guess I'll just take a nap. It would be rude to walk around someone's house and the floor was actually more comfortable than it seemed, just cold.

I quickly got out my artbook from my bag under my head and flicked through the pages till I got to the little girl. It reminded me of the exactly same scenario though only 10 years ago.

*%* Flashback *%*

The fallen leaves of the old oak tree rustled against the grass as the autumn breeze carried them with the wind. The local park was abandoned, welcoming the eerie silence to linger freely.

The sun shined onto my lightly tanned features as I skipped over to a single swing. It creaked against its hinges as the wind pushed it lightly back and forth. I climbed on the swing, sitting up-right with my hands clutching the side strings. I threw my head slightly back, embracing the warmth of the sun's rays and marvelling at the passing clouds.

I love art. There was no other way I could express my passion for the artistic ability to make endless creations. I'll be an artist one day. I'll work hard to reach my dream. I would do it for dad, I thought smiling up to the sky.

*%* End of Flashback *%*

That was when I was 7 and I officially decided to love art with all my heart. I smiled a goofy smile and held the picture tightly to my chest. Nothing will stop my dream from becoming a reality. Nothing. Then I fell into a dreamless sleep, with a smile tugging at my lips.

~ Jason's POV FINALLY!! :) ~

Where did that girl go? God who does she think she it?! Everything I've done for her and she repays me by being an ignorant annoying girl.

{But she's hot!}

Shut up! She's ugly.

{Stop denying it. I'm your conscience. I know everything that you know.}

Yeah, yeah whatever, but she's still ug--

{Sexy? Hot?}

No! She is definitely not se--

{Speaking of Skye isn't that her there?}

I looked straight ahead and saw Skye sleeping on the floor, her head resting on her bag. Why is she sleeping on the floor?!

{Maybe because you LEFT HER THERE!}

I never said she had to fall asleep on the floor!

{What was she going to do then?}

Err.... I dunno? She looked interested in the pictures so I just went to have a quick shower.

{So your definition of quick is one hour?}

Shut up.

I quickly ran to her side and picked her up bridal style, heading towards the stairs. Damn she's freezing. I climbed the right staircase, heading towards the Sky Wing which was where our family's bedrooms are. It was named the Sky Wing because it was on the 3rd floor, so I had to walk up another staircase to reach it. There are 5 wings to our house. The Entertainment Wing, Social Wing, Dining Wing, Workers Wing and obviously the Sky Wing.

I kicked open my already open door until it slammed lighting into the wall. Man I feel like someone in SWAT. I walked into the room and set her on my bed, putting my hands on both side of her cheeks. Shit, she's ice cold. I took off her gladiators and put them on the floor, next to the bed. I slid her underneath the covers and grabbed more blankets from my walk-in closet, flinging them on top of her. That should be enough, I thought approving of the 6 blankets covering her. I sat on the side bed, looking at her as she slept. She was smiling. I suddenly felt sad. She never smiled like that at me today. A true happy smile. Maybe I was being a jerk.I sighed and felt her forehead this time, and thank god she was warming up. I stepped out of the room and closed the door softly, after giving her one last glance.

I walked down the 2 flights of stairs and towards the Workers wing which was located on the right side of the 1st floor. There was a elevator in the centre of the house though I hated using it, it felt so unnatural. As I went past the Grand Foyer I noticed her bag on the floor with a book? I slung the bag over my shoulder and picked up the book labelled 'Skye's Artbook' in gold letters. I ran my hand over the cover before flicking through the pages.

Wow. They all looked really good. It looks like a professional drew them. All the lines seemed to be perfect and in so much detail I could hardly believe she used a normal pencil to draw them.

The last page captured my interest for the longest. It was the picture from Dr. Riley's centre. It looked exactly like it.

{Maybe that was why Skye was smiling in her sleep.}

What do you mean?

{She was holding it when she was sleeping. Didn't you see it?}

No I didn't...

She was smiling because of a picture? I glumly walked towards the kitchen and put her bag on one of the kitchen chairs. I left her book open on the little girl picture and leaned it against the wall. I looked at it for a long moment, smiling and then started working.

~ Skye's POV ~

I awoke to the smell of what seemed to be pancakes. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in a bedroom. I quickly sat up and thoroughly took in my surroundings. It was a really big room that was at least 5 times the size of my room. I was lying down in a triple king size bed, does that even exist? The black bed sheets complimented perfectly with the black pillows, which I might say are the softest pillows ever!

I was sweating with the amount of blankets on me and I kicked them off. Thank God my clothes were still on. You can't blame me for having the thought when I was in a bedroom that I've never seen before. To my left there was a pair of glass double doors that led to presumably to a balcony. A desk sat on the right side of the room with a computer and a laptop sitting on it. Straight ahead was the biggest plasma screen I have ever seen. Game consoles, sound system, DVD player, music player, the whole shabang sat right underneath the TV.

Rich people probably. Then it struck me like Zeus had thrown a lighting bolt at me.

Jason. I growled and threw myself out of the bed, noticing my shoes on the floor. I quickly put them on and ran to the door. I opened it slowly and bobbed my head out and to my relief no one was there. I tip toed down the closest set of stairs, the smell of pancakes getting stronger. I walked towards a nearby railing and looked down towards a familiar foyer when the scenes from yesterday came flooding back. Ignoring the flashbacks, I quietly made my way down another flight of stairs and towards the smell. I weaved my way through hallways, letting my nose lead me to the exotic smell of pancakes. When my nose had led me to the destination I stopped dead in my tracks.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed.

Jason suddenly jumped back. Lucky for him I had scared him as he flipped the pancake. It landed on his head and he slowly turned to me, the most ridiculous expression on his face. I bursted out laughing.

"Nice hat" I commented in between laughs.

"Thankyou, I made it myself" he said sarcastically, and I started to crack up again. He reached up and grabbed it before running his fingers through his hair, removing the excess pancake bits. Since when did pancakes have crumbs? Well it did now.

I looked at the kitchen again, still in shock as I took it all in. The benches were filled with plates of food. Spaghetti Bolognaise, chicken dumplings, beef stew, there were at least 20 different plates of food. He ignored me as I looked at all the food and he continued to make pancakes. It was amazing! He tossed it high in the air and easily caught it in the pan. I heard my phone ring as he placed the last pancake on the plate. I whipped my head around like a mad women, searching for my bag. I spotted it on a chair and I swiftly rummaged through it and flipped open my phone.

"Hello?"

"Oh hey Skye are you coming home soon? I though school finished 1 hour or so ago" I glanced at the time on the microwave. 4:21.

"Matt?" Why was he at home?

"Nah, it's the boogie man! Who do you think it is?!" he said sarcastically.

"Oh sorry. I was just surprised that you called me. You're supposed to be at collage."

Matt, being 3 years older than me, was in collage and was not suppose to be home till 2 months from now. Today was his first day like me.

"If you haven't noticed I don't sound normal do I?" he said through coughs.

"Are you sick? And how come you didn't answer when I rang the--" I stopped talking and mentally slapped myself. I didn't ring the doorbell because I thought no one was home.

"Never mind. Why didn't mom stay home with you?" I asked.

She would never leave us if we needed her, especially if we were sick.

"It was her day off. I forced her to go and enjoy herself"

"How did you do that?!"

"I told her I would move out" He said coughing again.

"Smart. Okay you need to rest. I'll be home soon" I said before hanging up.

Oh no I'm not about to do what I think I'm going to do.

It's for Matt. It's for Matt. It's for Matt. I kept saying in my head. He owes me BIG time for this!

"Hey Jason? Can you make my brother some soup?" I asked looking at my feet, my hands innocently behind my back.

I heard him step in front of me and lift my chin up so he could look me in the eye.

"A kiss can sway my decision" he said as a sly smirk slowly spread across his face.

This guy was so full of himself wasn't he?

I ripped my head out of his grasp and grabbed my bag, heading out of the kitchen. Before I could take a single step his firm hand grasped my arm pulling me back. I ran into his chest and immediately stepped back but his arm snaked around my waist.

Great.

"Okay I'm sorry and I'll make the sou--" he stopped midsentence eyeing me suspiciously. "Skye what are you doing?"

Then I picked up the leftover pancake mix and poured it all over his head, making him let go of his hold on my waist. He scooped the yellow mixture off his eyes, allowing him to glare at me. He quickly rubbed the pancake mix off his face with a towel that was over his shoulder and looked back at me.

"Bad idea" he said menacingly. He picked up an egg from an egg carton and gave me an evil look.

"Oh no, don't you dare come near me" I warned, taking a step back.

"What are you going to do about it?" he challenged, taking a step towards me.

"Well, first I'm gonna...run?" I finished before bolting out of the kitchen. I could hear him on my tracks as I dashed up the stairs as fast as I could. I tried not to push my ankle too much, though it was feeling a lot better already. I went back into the room that I woke up in and ran out onto the balcony, closing the door behind me. He won't find me out here, I thought as I leaned against the wall next to the door. I heard his loud footsteps enter the room and I went still like a statue, not allowing myself to breathe.

"Skye, come out or I'll break this egg into your artbook." he threatened, laughing.

He could at least try to make better lies up. I had it right here in my bag.... Uh oh. I cursed softly; he must have taken it when I was sleeping. I was going to KILL HIM!

His footsteps got louder and louder, until I knew he was standing just behind the glass doors. He couldn't see me from the wall I was up against.

I waited, not daring to breathe. Maybe he'll go away, though that was highly unlikely when he swung open the doors and smirked, "Found you."

He was in front of me in 3 long strides with that smirk still plastered on his face as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I snapped back into reality and tried to step back though due to my super clumsiness I managed to trip over my own feet.

"WOAH!" he yelled as he turned us in mid air so I fell onto of him instead of me getting hurt.

We were both on the floor, our faces inches apart, as I felt his hot breath on my face. My eyes were wide with shock and a betraying blush started clawing its way up my cheeks. Noticing what had just happened I tried to get up but he grabbed my waist, pulling me down with an"Oof!"

I stared down at his hazel eyes. I was lost. It was as if they were the gates to another world.

I shook my head but stopped myself before saying, "Can you kind of LET GO?" He just looked at me.

"Can you smile Skye?" he whispered softly as he moved my slightly wavy bangs out of my eyes and behind my ear.

I stared at him shocked and confused. He wants me to smile?

"W-w-what?" I stuttered staring into those brown whirlpools that seemed to look right through me.

He didn't respond though just continued to stare at me. I was starting to get uncomfortable when something white caught my eye.

A smirk capturing my lips as I grabbed the egg and smashed it against his forehead. His expression was priceless, causing me to laugh uncontrollably.

When I recovered I leaped off the ground and ran back into the room and out his door. I had reached the foyer when I came to a sudden halt and I cursed. I FORGOT THE BOOK!

"Looking for this?"

He was standing behind the railing of the 2nd floor, in the centre of the 2 grand staircases. My artbook was in his hand, teasing me with it. Teasing as in waving it from side to side and definitely not in a sexual way.

{But you would have preferred the sexual way.}

Conscience SHUT UP!! AND NO I WOULDNT!!

{What ever you say Sherlock.}

"Hand it over and nobody gets hurt" I threatened, giving him the most evil look that I could muster. If he did anything to that book I planned to run him over with an army truck!

He scoffed, and with that I started charging up the stairs. Damn my shortness! I was jumping like a little kid trying to get her Barbie doll back, when I got a pretty good idea if I say so myself. I poked him in the ribs, making him bend down enough out of surprise for me to snatch back my book and run down the stairs. I shoved it in my bag as I ran into the kitchen, hiding behind the island. My breath still ragged from running refused to stay quiet so I jumped up and turned on the music player sitting on the counter before sitting back down.

Lucky for me, 'Hey, Soul Sister' came on by Train and I couldn't control myself as I sang out the lyrics.

"Heeey heeeey heeeeey

Your lipstick stains on the front lobe of my left side brains

I knew I wouldn't forget you

And so I went and let you blow my mind

Your sweet moonbeam

The smell of you in every single dream I dream

I knew when we collided you're the one I have decided

Who's one of my kind ---- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehe Cliffy >:) I'm evil. lol sorry but dw you'll know soon enough :)

Comment, Vote & Fan - If you want, I'm not forcing you lol.

Hope you liked it!

~Mary~ :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10 1 4
Kylie and Rain had been dating for nearly a year when suddenly Rain discovers crazy parties and alcohol and immediately becomes obsessed. Seeing the...
308 46 13
(This is my first story so forgive any mistakes!) Venice Theerapanyakun just got his heart broken. After a failed relationship, being expelled from s...
4.2K 37 89
There's a different girl in city of Los Angeles. Her name is Skye Brooke. She is known around Hollywood Arts High as the "new girl". After her mom's...
4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...