Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{25}*

Enjoy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                        ~~ Chapter 25 ~~ 

“What?” I shouted just as I regretted it as she sent me a warning look.

“I won’t repeat it again. You’re leaving on the seven o’clock flight back to Kellyko tomorrow morning. Don’t ask me questions because I won’t have the answers to them.”

With that she walked away and I just gawked blankly after her. I was leaving today? I still had three days of this trip and I was looking forward to sightseeing on the two free days we were given!

“Damn it!”

I turned around to face Jason. He was angry, that much was obvious. However he had this thoughtful look on his face that I narrowed my eyes at.

“What is it?”

He moved those hazel eyes to look at me. “Last night when I talked with my dad he had said that he was already being threatened by Annabelle’s father and so had your mother.

“What?!” I shouted, worry clear in my voice at the thought that Mom was probably upset and so confused right now.

“Don’t worry Skye, I’ll fix everything I promise.”

I glanced back at him and found the sincerity in his eyes. The look he gave me was more than enough to calm the worries in my mind and for that I was grateful. It was because of the little things like this that made me like him even more.

I couldn’t help but step forward and wrap my arms around him, forcing the tears back. His arms went around me too, rubbing my back.

“Hey, it’ll be fine. Let’s just relax and enjoy today, mm?” He comforted, holding me tightly and I let out a breath, nodding as I pulled on a smile.

“How can I enjoy it when I’ll probably die in a few minutes. I can’t breathe,” I choked out a laugh of how tightly he really was holding me.

“Oh, sorry,” he apologized, letting me go and I took a few breaths.

When I was fine I glanced up to find him staring at me, studying me.

“W-What?”

His eyes widened like he had been caught and he cleared his throat.

“No nothing, just thinking.”

“Thinking what?” I questioned, narrowing my eyes as I grabbed the hook of his elbow so he couldn’t escape.

“Nothing.”

Pouting I pulled him to me. “Tell me, please?”

Groaning he removed my touch and took my face in his hands.

“It’s too good to be true. I have a bad feeling,” he muttered, searching my eyes and my playfulness died with his serious tone.

“And my instincts are never wrong.”

The day went smoothly, we got the food cooked, out and sold and by the end of it everyone went crazy. Everyone was glad the assessment part of the trip was over. Now it was a holiday for two days… well for everyone other than me.

All day I couldn’t get the thoughts out of my head about what was going to happen. I had the worst feeling that something horrible was going to happen and that itself was enough to have me cringing. It didn’t help that Jason had the same bad feeling too.