The Ugly One *Charlie Weasley*

By HopefulNiall

Beauty and confidence destroyed by an ugly mark, Saffron Hawthorn believed she'd never be loved again. And st... More

The Ugly One *Charlie Weasley*
Intrigued
Afternoon Awakening
Dinner Disaster
Stay
Departure
Eggs On Toast
Packing
Platform Nine and 3/4
Watch
Accidental Ledge
Fear
Wake Up
Explanations
Disappointment
Remus Lupin
Diagon Alley
Expectations and Apologies
Having To Go
Snow Day
Guilt and Uneaten Sandwiches
Caught
Curiosity Killed The Cat But Satisfaction Brought It Back
Home
A/N
Lies and Truths
Christmas
Boxing Day
New Years
Desire For Peace
Crazy
Twists
Different Types Of Anger
Understood
Future Thoughts
Heey
Obssessed
Rainy Kisses and Missed Birthdays
A Molly Weasley DnM
Names
Wizarding Wars
St Mungos
The End of Times
Romania
First Day
It's All Good
Jealous Maybe
Missed
Trust?
Rivalry
Aftermath Feelings
Aftermath Feelings - Part 2
Two Can Play
Saturday Dance Night
Friends
Do You Love Me
Skillz
Good
Promotion
First Date
Thank you <3
Questions!
Authors Note!
Yay!
Epilogue

Sorted

3.4K 107 3
By HopefulNiall

For a moment Charlie's heart stopped, he was so sure it had literally stopped beating. That was until he realised Saffron had left her suitcase standing by the door.

So maybe she hadn't just left, or, if she had, she would come back for it.

The room was completely silent.

"Charlie, we are sorry," Fred said.

"We never meant for it to turn out like this," George finished. But Charlie shot them a look that made them shut up instantly.

"Charlie, maybe it's for the best," Molly said, she wasn't quite sure why she had said it. She really didn't want Saffron to go, to leave Charlie, but she had grown jealous. Her son being single for so long, always being away and coming home to only see his family. If he and Saffron dated, would he come home at all? She had grown quite jealous of Saffron, and she knew it wasn't meant to be this way.

"No mum, it isn't. And if you could just leave me alone and let me decide on this, everything will work out," Charlie said, trying his hardest to remain calm and polite towards his mother.

Arthur was still quite shocked at the situation. He didn't want Saffron to go, he thought she was good for Charlie. He was frustrated with the twins for once again, not keeping their mouths closed, and also at Molly for acting upon her negative feelings instead of talking to him about how she felt so he could help her deal.

He decided, since he was the head of the house, he would take control.

"This is ridiculous," he said firmly, and all four family members looked up at him. "We've demolished the family code and gone against each other, hurting another in the process. This is not the way we live! Fred, George, I understand you made a mistake, but really it was not your place to say anything, no matter what. You are excused," he looked at the twins who nodded, dying to tell him that they truly hadn't meant to cause harm, but staying silent as they trudged off to their room. Surely their father understood that.

"Molly, Charlie, we need to talk," Arthur motioned to the table and all three sat down.

"Now Charlie," Arthur began, turning to his second oldest son.  "Your mother and I had a discussion about your, and Saffron's relationship."

"If you are telling me that you don't like it, I really-"

"No Charlie, that's not what we discussed," Arthur interrupted him. "Both of us like Saffron and both of us approve. At least I thought we did. Molly?" Arthur turned towards his wife whose eyes had filled with tears.

"Oh Arthur, Charlie," she said, dabbing her eyes. "I just, what will happen if you and Saffron do start a relationship. What will happen when it's holiday times, Christmas, Easter, a wedding, a birthday?"

"What do you mean mum?" Charlie softened, leaning to place a hand on hers.

"You won't want to come home, you'll want to stay with Saffron. You wont, you won't need me anymore," Molly allowed a few tears to fall, before quickly wiping them away.

"Mum, no! Of course I would come home!" Charlie said, shocked that his mum felt this way. "You are my mother and always will be. This is my family, I will always want to come and even if I have to drag Saffron along I will," Charlie smiled, getting up to give his mother a hug.

"I just don't want to lose you," she said.

"You can't mum," He replied, remembering the last time she had said this to him, being in a totally different context.

"Have we cleared this up?" Arthur asked looking between Molly and Charlie.

"We have," Charlie said.

"I was never really mad at Saffron anyway, it's hard to when she is such a lovely girl," Molly dabbed at her eyes again.

"Good, that went quicker than expected ok!" Arthur clapped his hands together.

"Charlie we want to let you know, that if you want to have a relationship with Saffron, we will one hundred percent back you up! We would love Saffron to be part of our family," Arthur said.

"Thanks, Dad, mum. I mean, nothings happening between us yet, I don't think. I want it to, but I don't know. It's a working progress, I mean Saffron's been through so much, I can't push her," he said. "But thanks. I'm glad to have you guys on my side."

Molly smiled and Arthur clapped his son on the back.

"Then get on out there, and get your girl," Arthur said pointing to the door. Charlie nodded, glad to get out of there, feeling a teeny bit awkward at this conversation with his parents. He lipped horribly to the door. His leg was killing him, but he would have no legs than lose Saffron.

He had no idea as to how far she'd gone, whether or not she had apparated.

But he didn't have to look far, he saw her standing at the edge of their property.  Charlie sighed, limping over to where she stood.

Saffron had her eyes closed as she sat on the ground, allowing the wind to blow through her hair. She was freezing but she didn't care.

She was so confused as to how she felt, how could she go back in there, she had to get her suitcase, why hadn't she grabbed it? Because she didn't really want to leave?

She sighed aloud, trying hard to sort out her mind but failing.

She heard Charlie before she saw him. His sighs, and gasps and huffing as he limped to where she sat.

She stood immediately, heading over to help him.

"Stop here," Saffron said and Charlie did, lowering himself to the cold ground.  "That's very silly Charlie," Saffron scolded as she sat beside him. Her heart tugged as she realised she couldn't help but go to him, she didn't have a second thought when she heard him.

"Saffron," Charlie puffed and Saffron shooshed him, telling him to catch his breath first.

"Saffron, I'm sorry," he said as soon as he had his breath back.

"I know Charlie," Saffron said softly, looking down at her hands.

"No I mean it. I am really sorry. I did have a plan to leave you in Romania. I wanted you safe, I wanted you protected," Charlie explained.

"You could have told me Charlie. I don't like lies. I would have preferred the truth," Saffron said.

"I know, and I'm sorry I lied. But had I told you what I thought you wouldn't have come," he said.

"That's true," Saffron nodded.

"So, that was my plan for sometime, then I thought, you would be much safer if you were with me. You would have someone looking out for you at all times. Leaving you in Romania, I couldn't do that. You wouldn't be safe and I wouldn't be able to find out very quickly how safe you were at all times," Charlie said. "I needed you with me. That's where you would be safe."

"Charlie," Saffron said. Unsure as to what she should say. Charlie's words always managed to make her feel better. "What else did you lie ab out?"

"Nothing, Saffron I swear! And if I am lying, you will soon enough find out," Charlie said. Saffron gave a small smile. He was right, she would, and she could yell at him then if he did.

She didn't want to yell at him though. She wanted to laugh with him, talk with him, be happy with him.

"Charlie, back there, you said, you said something to me. What was that? Was it the truth or just a ploy to get me to stay?" Saffron asked. She didn't want to but she had to know. And Charlie had asked a good amount of questions in the time she knew him, it was definitely her turn.

"It was the truth Saffron. Something I've been wanting to say for a while now. I wasn't sure how you would react, and when you left the house, when you ran out the door, I felt my heart stop, I was completely empty for a few moments. That was until I noticed your suitcase," he chuckled and Saffron smiled.

She was so sure her heart would burst. Charlie said he loved her. He loved her! She didn't believe anyone would ever say that again, and she didn't know how to deal with it.

"I love you Saffron Hawthorn, I really do," he said.

"Charlie I-"

"Don't say it back. I understand you aren't ready Saffron and I'm ok with that, I just want you to know how I feel. So that you don't have to be shy about anything," Charlie said.

"Thank you Charlie," Saffron said. She knew she hadn't said much, not like she normally did, and she was ever so grateful for Charlie's understanding. "I don't know how you could love me, but thank you."

She couldn't believe that she had any qualities worth loving anymore, but the fact that Charlie seemed so sincere when he said it, she was happy for now. Even if it never worked out, it was nice to be able to hear those words.

"We best get you inside. I need to clean up your leg," Saffron stood, holding a hand out to help Charlie up. She smiled as he got up, he had limped through the pain out to her. That was an act of love surely.

"Here's a reason to love you," Charlie said. "You are caring and helpful."

"Saffron laughed as she aided Charlie up to the burrow.

Mrs Weasley threw her arms around her hugging her, apologising. The twins apologised too and she accepted all of them, apologising herself. She loved this family she really did.

A/N HERE WE GO GUYS! I hope I stopped y'all from freaking out too much. Your reactions were great! I absolutely love that you get so into this story, well as much as I do so thank you!! I really want to update tonight or tomorrow because I have an idea I'm finally ready to play out so fingers crossed right? Thanks for everything so far guys, you are so supportive <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 3.9K 27
Charlie X Reader, 'Playing With Fire' Book 1 (Series Completed) *** "Uh, yeah. I stopped going to classes a while back. Believe it or not, that's not...
1.4K 146 71
Written in first person, this is story of a Ravenclaw, Mary, who falls in love with Fred Weasley. At first, it's perfect, but she learns that he has...
195 8 7
DISCONTINUED FOR NOW Evangeline Weasley is the sixth born of the Weasley children. After the war she is living with her boyfriend Nathan. Her family...
271 13 41
"You Don't understand. Me and you can never be together. Darkness and light never meets. The villain can't fall in love with the Hero" She was ordere...