I'm a Mermaid (a PJO / H2O cr...

By I_Write_Things_01

After the giant war, Percy wants to get away from the mythological life, and so do Sally and Paul. So what to... More

Prologue- Percy
Prologue- Cleo
Chapter 1-
Chapter 2-
Chapter 3-
Chapter 4-
Chapter 5
Chapter 6-
Chapter 7-
Chapter 8-
Chapter 9-
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
YAY
Chapter 21
Sorry
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 24 Pt 2
Author's Note
Chapter 25
Epilogue pt 1
Sequel
Sequel is out

Chapter 23

8.6K 267 295
By I_Write_Things_01

Percy's POV

I can't believe dad is coming to visit me! I'm so glad Hades told me that. When he comes, I'll need to have a quick conversation with him. About mom, Paul, and Cleo's friends and family. They can't know he's a God, so I'll have to make sure he doesn't go all 'bow down to me' on them. He also needs to be nice to mom and Paul, or else it's going to be even more awkward than it's bound to be.

I swim around Mako for a while, then I'm planning on going to the café for a drink with mom and Paul, since I haven't seen too much of them. I'm going to tell them about Dr Denman, then maybe break the news that I'm a merman to them. I have to be honest with them, I can't keep secrets from mom, she means too much to me. Plus she'll kill me if she finds out in another way.

Once I'm out of the water, I find a quiet spot on the beach to relax before I go to Rikki's (the café, not her house). An IM pops open in front of me, showing dad on what looks like a plane (it looks like business class). "Hey son, guess who's about to land in Australia and visit you?"

"Oh hey dad. You, I guess. I can't wait to see you, but one question,"

"Yes?"

"Why did you choose to fly here, on a public airline, where your brother could potentially zap the plane out of the sky, injuring all of the passengers on it?"

"You just have to live in the moment Percy. And I also needed to look like a regular mortal. Oh, and I also made a deal with him- I had to not irritate him for a week, then I could choose air travel to fly to you. I needed to experience it at least once, and let's just say I won't willingly do it again." I laugh. I guess we're similar there then. "I also get to rent a car, and drive! I can't wait to do all these mortal things, and I get to spend some time with you. Anyway, I must go, we've landed, so I need to get my luggage and queue for passport control. See you soon!"

I don't see why he's so excited, but it's nice to see him happy, rather than serious and at war. I don't know how he managed to do all this, but he did it. It feels great that he's gone to so much trouble to come and see me, I mean, not being irritating for a week? That must have been so difficult for him to do.

2 hours later...

I had a great time with Mom and Paul, apart from the fact that it got pretty weird when I told them about me. I told them everything about how I became a merman, apart from telling them about Cleo and her friends- that's not my secret to tell. They were shocked, but they're alright with it. They trust me to be me, and I'm glad of that.

But the Dr Denman thing was a whole different story. They got pretty worried. They know I can handle myself, but they were still worried for everyone's safety. At least we won't have a huge enemy this time, just mortals who think they're so smart, but really have no idea what's really going on.

"Hey Perce!" Gods, Apollo is back. "How's my favourite cousin?"

"Fine. What are you doing here? Please tell me you're not staying."

"I am. Can I crash with you? Oh, and my name is Alex here by the way." He tires me out sometimes, but he's not that bad.

"I can't refuse a God, can I?"

"Nope."

"Fine, let's go, Alex. Wow, two gods in one place at one time. Things are going to get weird." 

"They're never normal anyway Percy, you should know this. I have news on Annabeth as well, she has yet to wake up, but she is showing signs of becoming in perfect health soon."

That's great news, I really hope she wakes up soon. I can't wait to be able to see her again, yet another reunion for us.

Cleo's POV

All four of us mermaids are in my room when Bella says, "So, I know why we all wanted to meet up, and we've all found something out about Percy. We know his secret now right?"

What? They all found out about Percy? When? How? Before I can protest, they all say (in unison),

"He's a demigod."

"What?" I say, "I didn't know any of this! How did you all find out? And demigods are a real thing? Does that mean gods are too? What?" I have so many questions.

"Oh, Apollo told me you all knew. Well he hinted at it. I'm sorry you didn't know." Bella said. She was visited by a God?

"Well, how did you all find out?"

They all tell us how each of them found out- Bella seeing a conversation between Percy and Apollo (the Greek God), Rikki seeing a monster fight between Percy and Arai (the monsters that give curses) and Nico appearing out of nowhere, then taking Percy with him, all while Percy was put under a curse and having an awful nightmare type thing and injuries appearing all over his body, and finally Emma saw Percy talking to Hades.

"So, did Hades say that Percy's father was coming to visit?"

"Exactly, Poseidon, the Greek god of the seas, is coming to visit Percy. That means we'll probably have to meet him."

"Should we tell Percy we know his secret?" I ask.

"Not yet, we'll wait for the right time. I guess we know why half of his DNA is missing, that must be the Godly side of him. I still can't believe he's half God. That would be amazing." Rikki says.

"But what about the monsters? Wouldn't they be coming after you all the time? And that curse, it sounds awful." Bella says.

"But the powers he has? They're like ours but better. And for the other Demigods, they would have other incredible powers too!" Emma says.

"Wait- do you think everyone else from his 'camp' are demigods too? Do you think it's a camp for demigods?"

"That sounds like it could be true. Wow, all of them in one place!"

We hear the door to my house opening. That must be Percy coming home.

"Cleo? Are you here?" Percy shouts upstairs.

"Yes. I'm just coming down right now." I say. I walk downstairs, and everyone else comes too. "What did you need me for?" I ask, when Percy comes into view, with someone else next to him.

This guy took hot to the next level. He was like the human embodiment of the sun. Could this maybe be Apollo?

"Hi Bella." He says, while winking at Bella. 

'That's him' she mouths to us. A literal God is in my house right now. The freaking God of the sun is in my house.

"I'm not going to ask how you guys met." Percy says, "Anyway, this is my cousin Alex. I was wondering if he could stay? He planned a trip here without finding somewhere to stay, so I said that if you agreed, then he could stay with me. You don't have to get another room ready, he can stay in my room. Oh, and my dad is here, but he has a hotel. You might be seeing some of him."

"That's fine. Welcome to Australia Alex. I hope you enjoy it here."

"I believe I will. Percy is going to show me around. I'll only be here for today and tomorrow, so I won't have to put up with Percy for too long."

"I think it's me that has to put up with you. You worship yourself more than anyone at camp does."

"Ugh. Sometimes I hate you." Alex (well Apollo) says to Percy.

"That must be your dad speaking. He detests me more than anyone else in the world, even though I saved his life so many times."

Rikki coughs to get their attention. I guess Percy and Apollo forgot we were here.

"Sorry Cleo, we'll be going now. Right, Alex?" He gives Apollo a small glare to get him to agree.

"uh, yeah. Definitely. I'll see you ladies around. Say hi to Will for me, Bella." Apollo says as he follows Percy upstairs.

The next day...

Percy's POV

"See you there then, bye dad." I say as I close an IM with dad. I'm meeting him at the café, then we're going to the marine park.

"Bye uncle!" Apollo shouts, just before I close it. Apparently  dad didn't know Apollo was here too, and seemed to be alright with it, so long as he doesn't irritate us like he usually does. That means we won't have Apollo with us today! Who knows what he's going to do though.

I wonder what name he's come up with for himself. Knowing dad, it'll be something stupid, but he might be sensible for once, at least I'm hoping so.

In the café...

I walk into the café and immediately see dad enjoying a brownie from the café and drinking some sort of coffee. From the cup, it looks like a latte macchiato. I guess he's trying to embrace the mortal culture. He looks up and sees me walk in. "Son!" He says as I sit down at his table.

"Hi!" I say, matching his enthusiasm, "Are you excited to go to a mortal attraction?"

"Excited doesn't describe it Perce, thank you so much for arranging this!" I love his attitude towards this. Can you imagine Zeus going on a mortal airline for a trip?

"I worked there for a couple of days, so I talked to my boss about giving us fast-track and early admission. Anyway, I need to ask, what name do you have for yourself? You know, on the passport?"

"It's Phillip Stream. I thought that had a nice ring to it." That actually sounds like a real name. Kind of. Well, I'm pleasantly surprised. 

My phone suddenly starts to ring. I look at the caller ID and find that it's Dr Denman. I forgot about her! I need to answer this so that I don't seem suspicious, even though a monster attack is bound to happen. Maybe monsters won't come, there are two gods here after all.

"Sorry dad, I have to take this." I answer the phone, "Hello? Percy Jackson speaking."

Dr Denman's POV (I thought this would be fun)

I've been waiting too long for Percy to start working here. I know it's only two days away, but I need him to start sooner rather than later if I'm going to find out why half of his DNA is missing before he realises what's going on. He can't be stupid, that's why I need to get this over with quickly.

I call his phone and get an answer on one of the last rings, "Hello? Percy Jackson speaking."

"Hello, Percy. I know this is very short notice and very unprofessional of me, but I was wondering of you could start today instead of our planned date?"

"Without sounding rude, may I ask why? I'm really busy today."

"It is urgent. I saw you had a gift with sea creatures, and one of mine is almost dying, and I don't know why." I say, trying to come up with a good reason. "Please help, I don't know what to do."

I hear hesitation, but then he answers, "I'll come, but only if I can bring a couple of people with me."

I don't see why not, so I agree. Percy is coming. Soon. I need to make these fish sick now, to make up for my excuse. Luckily, I have just the thing.

I go to one of my cupboards and get some ammonia and nitrate to put in the fish's tank. This makes their illness look natural, but could also kill them. If they die, then I can just get some new.

I pour the chemical into the tank.

Perfect, now all I do is wait.

AN-

Sorry I took a while to update, I kept writing this chapter, then deleting it all, then writing it again, and the process repeats. On another note, we reached over 17k reads! I'm really happy and excited, so yeah. That's all from me.

I look forward to the next chapter.

Oh yeah, and please comment (if you want to), I love reading them all and I actually prefer them to getting reads or votes (though those are amazing as well). Sorry I went on for a bit, see you next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 737 21
"I always win, I think" It's been a rough time for young Y/n living alone, he's been on the run from disgusting monsters that to his knowledge shoul...
5.7K 134 13
When Nico has to shadow travel himself, Percy, and Annabeth out of the woods one Capture the Flag, he goes somewhere unexpected. What happens when th...
620K 10K 35
Commander Alpha of Chaos's Army (PJO/HOO Fanfic) Highest Ranks: #1 in Percy Jackson; #1 in PJO Percy Jackson. Savior of Olympus. Hero of the centur...
6.4K 131 13
Things have changed since the recent Full Moon. On top of Zac discovering he is a real merman, and the mermaids being banished from their pod, Manoa...