𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚈𝚘𝚞, 𝚂...

By Sacha_How

ᴍᴇɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ. ᴀɢᴇɴᴛs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ. ᴡᴏᴍᴇɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ... More

Shielding You, Shielding Me
Epigraph
1. Wisdom and Pryde
2. The Mission
3. 1941
4. Saving The Timeline
5. A Fighter
6. Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dee
7. Final Wish
8. The Guilt That Comes with Loss
9. The Star Spangled Man and A Single Bullet
10. 107th
11. James and James
12. The Red Skull
13. The Howling Commandos
15. Lightning Strikes
16. Miracles can Happen
17. The Guilty
18. The Plan
19. Untrustworthy
20. Conclusion
Shielding You, Shielding Me 0.2
Epigraph
1. Loki and The Tesseract
2. Taking Over
3. Captain Rogers
4. Coulson
5. Trip to Berlin
6. Gallaga
7. Starks and Secrets
8. Shield or Hydra?
9. The Liars and The Trustworthy
10. Bond Broken
11. Broken but Healing
12. NYC Mayhem
13. The Chitauri
14. Spitfire's Humanity
15. Six out of Seven
16. Sacrifice
17. Rebuilding and Reassembling

14. An Assassin's Shot

168 6 0
By Sacha_How

Rachel rushed outside slamming the door open and completely ignoring the confused looks she received from the men inside.

She reached for her knife gripping it tightly in her hand as she sharply turned to face nothing but an empty and silent street. The wind blew in her face as her curious eyes searched for the assassin.

"That's truly no way to greet an assassin Falsworth I must say." Rachel spun around to face the assassin in full form. From head to toe in black and clearly with some sort of bulletproof. Black hair and dark grey blue eyes. A good three inches at least taller than Rachel as he smirked. "But I must admit you came prepared. Bulletproof or not."

"Or you sure have the nerve to show up here..." Rachel told the assassin. "To show your face is just a bonus."

"But this face has a name. The name's Carter Jones, Falsworth." Carter introduces as Rachel continued to hold her knife beside her. "And you will be seeing me a lot more in the future." He assured right as Steve walked outside not seeing Carter. Only Rachel's fearful eyes.

Steve's head slowly turned to see the man that Rachel was looking so scared at. An agent scared of the man of her nightmares. The key to changing history. In a bad way.

"Oh Rogers." He started smirking evilly in his direction. "I heard you wanted to find who shot Falsworth..." Steve's eyes focused on the man in front of him who threw so much bitterness in his tone. "Here I am..." Steve's fists clenched as Rachel noticed Carter reach for his pistol.

"Steve!" She yelled pushing him into the doorway as she threw her knife somehow perfectly knocking the gun out of his hand.

As soon as the two landed, Rachel felt Steve's heartbeat quickening in panic as she lifted herself up so she could see his fully red face.

"Thanks." He mumbles in shock. Rachel nodded at him before getting to her feet and rushing back out as Bucky opened the door with a concerned look on his face.

"What happened?" He asked helping Steve up.

"Rachel just saved me..." Steve panted in almost panic of being so close to death a matter of moments before.

Rachel sighed as Bucky rushed towards her as Steve leaned against the wall in shock.

"He's gone..." she muttered as she picked up her slightly bloody knife and kept still, kneeling on the pavement.

"The guy who just tried to kill Steve?" Bucky assumes looking down as Rachel with a worried look.

"The guy who's trying to kill the future." Rachel states standing up slowly. "And me with it."

- -

Rachel stood uncomfortably against one of the many walls of the underground S.S.R. Base. After what happened the night before she couldn't help but doubt her mission. She could fail and she could see now how a second could be too late.

"Hey there..." Rachel jumped clutching her chest as Peggy spoke. "Bloody hell I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay..." Rachel assures panting as she turned to face Peggy's concerned expression.

"I." She sighed. "I heard about what happened..." Peggy places a comforting hand on Rachel's shoulder. "You've never faced something like this before. Have you?" Rachel looked down with her hand holding her head.

"Once." Rachel recalled. "Years ago... someone close to me almost died. My best friend. A close colleague of mine. Almost died. And I did what had to be done."

"What did you do?" Peggy asked curiously.

"I made my first kill..." Rachel states. The memories of it all coming back. "Shot the guy straight through the head from behind my friend James. I had nightmares for weeks."

"I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have asked..." Peggy regretted removing her hand. "Look. Stark told me he was ready to show you and Steve the weaponry. He's over there." Peggy changed the subject motioning to Howard who was examining one of the many shields he had on display. Rachel nodded with her arms crossed over her stomach before she walked over to Howard.

"Ah, Rachel. Good to see you..." Howard Stark greeted as she neared closer towards him. "Oh... um... I heard about uh... you know..."

"Yep..." Rachel muttered. "So has everyone else..." Howard's expression softened as Rachel uncomfortably looked around her.

"If it makes you any better I got you a new set of artillery." Howard exclaimed changing the subject as he rubbed his hands together. "Guns, grenades, you name it. It's there." Rachel looked at the range of weapons in front of her. As high tech as they came in this time so to Rachel it wasn't truly impressive but nodded with an 'impressed' look anyway.

"Nice. Thanks Stark."

"Anytime." Howard told her with a smile plastered on his lips.

Rachel zoned out as Steve approached and she sat down on a nearby chair knowing that Steve had been looking at her concerned since he got to the base. She didn't want his pity. She already got his thanks for saving my life malarkey.

"Fondue is just cheese and bread my friend..." Rachel furrowed her eyebrows confused as she looked up to see both men with their hands stuffed inside their pockets.

"Really? I didn't think-" Rachel watched confused as Howard continued to 'pep' talk Steve.

"Nor should you pal." Howard told Steve. "Once you know what's going on in a woman's head is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked."

"Right! I'm truly confused..." Rachel states standing up and walking over to the two. "What did I just miss...?"

"Steve had a kiss stolen." Howard blurted making Steve send a glare in his direction as Rachel's eyes widened.

"By..."

"Private Lorraine." Howard blurted again causing Steve to slap him on the arm basically telling him to shut up.

"You didn't mean it... right? I mean I haven't even seen the woman before?" Rachel states hope in her tone as she awaited Steve's answer.

"No. No I- I, just met her..." Steve was an absolute blushing confused mess to the point where Rachel felt genuinely bad for him.

"Hey, buddy, relax." Rachel assures. "Everything will be just fine. Hey! Look your choice of shields! Take a look." She winks towards Howard who sees that she is trying to change the subject and he nods leading Steve towards them.

"This ones fun!" Howard exclaimed as Rachel watched Steve glance from shield to shield in awe as Howard explained each and almost every shield. "She's fitted with electrical relays that will allow you to-"

"What about this one?" Rachel smirked to herself as she walked over to see Steve pulling out the legendary vibrainium shield from the shelf below the desk.

"No, no, that's just a prototype.." Howard tells him but Steve does exactly what Rachel thought he'd do: ignore him.

"What's it made of of?" Steve asked as he slid the shield onto his arm to admire it further.

"Vibrainium." Howard answered at the same time Rachel mouthed it. Howard noticed this as Steve continued and raised an eyebrow in her direction. He then remembered that the future holds memories from the past which includes Rogers, so does the shield. "Stronger than steel and a third the weight. Completely, vibration, absorbent."

"How come it's not standard issue?"

"What you're holding there, that's all we got..." Howard explained.

"You quite finished Mr Stark." Rachel turned her head away from admiring the shield from afar to see Peggy standing there looking a lot more serious than usual. "I'm sure the Captain has some unfinished business."

"She didn't see you... right?" Rachel whispered as she stared at Peggy with a worried look. Steve only took a couple steps back with a half-smile on his face before lifting the shield a little.

"What do you think?" Rachel turned towards him wide eyed at the question. 'Is he nuts!' Rachel thought.

Peggy suddenly grabbed a gun from the table and aimed it at Steve. Howard and Rachel glance at each other full of panic before Howard ducked under the desk and Rachel moved as far to the side as possible and ducked as Peggy shot at Steve a good few times.

Rachel lifted her head as silence filled the room the same time Steve did with Howard being more safe than sorry. Her eyes wide she stood up as she watched Peggy walk past her.

"Yes, I think it works." She told him before she walked away leaving three incredibly shocked people.

Rachel walked up beside Howard as Peggy left. The boys' eyes just as wide as hers and their eyes never left Peggy.

"Did you know she was like this?" Howard asked Rachel not turning his head an inch.

"No." Rachel admitted. "No, I did not."

"I had some ideas about the uniform..." Steve informs handing Howard a piece of paper also not taking his eyes off Peggy.

"Whatever you want pal..." Howard told him as he took the piece paper from him still in shock.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 4.3K 18
❝𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡? 𝐀𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐡𝐨𝐥❞ ...
206 43 11
"𝐨𝐡 𝐠𝐨𝐝" 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠...
4.3K 138 35
"𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙤𝙢 𝙞𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝. 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙄'𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙖𝙮." [ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ sᴏ...
90K 2.7K 77
So in this story, Y/N L/N has been Spider-Man for two years but all the villains and big bads could never have prepared Y/N for what's about to come...